PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Sunday Spot Plays

andtheyreoff
09-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Race 3- Clm30000 3+ 1M
Going with :5: Thunderous G at a bit of a price. He ran a big race last out at the Spa on July 27, beating a maiden claiming field by 9 while earning a brisnet figure of 93, second best among all runners here. Trainer Nick Canani is an insane 34% off a 45-90 day layoff and 33% first off the claim. On fast tracks, he's run back to back 85 figures, which make him competitive. At 8/1, he's definitely worth a look.

Race 4- Clm15000 3+ (F) 1M
The :1: Rodinia, I'm convinced, is infallible here. Her last three starts have seen brisnet figures of 84, 74, and 78 for an average of 79.
Three runners in the field, the :2: , the :3: , and the :4: , have not run close to those consistently, so they are easy tosses. The :5: , Harmony Hills, ran a dismal race on September 2 at Saratoga, losing by 25 lengths despite looking competitive on paper. Her race before that also signals red flags. The :6: , Centrique, has somewhat of a shot, but she's been running very inconsistently. The same goes for :7: , Tatoo Me, who is 0-12 this year and will probably not step up after running big a week ago.
With this, Rodinia is one of my best bets of the year.

To summarize:
Race 3- :5:
Race 3- :1:

GL