PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Game

DigitalDownsJoe
09-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Is there such thing as must win in week 2? I wouldn't say this being overly literal, but there has to be some sense of urgency for the mighty packers. Lets be honest, every one of us thought they were gonna win the superbowl last year. They didnt even make it, and now they lose week one and play a tough Bears team tonight. The Bears are revamped and looking to stake their claim on the division. They are deep, and now with Marshall and Bush they have even more weapons and teams might forget about Devin Hester. Rodgers must feel some pressure tonight, and Cedric Benson needs to get involved in the offense to pull the safety up. He had a great year last year, and GB is gonna have to be more balanced if they are going to win. I hear a lot of hype about Cobb but they are going to need to establish the run early, and I expect Jordy Nelson to step up and have a big game as well. My pick Pack in a close one...31-27

Bettowin
09-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Cutler will be the old Cutler and throw 3 picks. Packers win by 10.

DigitalDownsJoe
09-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Cutler has been terrible, but not as terrible as his O line!

Valuist
09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Cutler will be the old Cutler and throw 3 picks. Packers win by 10.

You were pretty much right on. 4 picks actually. I looked up Cutler's numbers vs GB since joining the Bears:

1-6 record, 7 TD 16 INT, teams pts per game: 13 number of 4 pick games: 2

Two first rounders for that?

headhawg
09-14-2012, 09:14 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again -- million dollar arm, $.10 head. He reminds me a lot of Grossman. Once he gets rattled, it's all over. He throws the ball up for grabs. Cutler needs to take a good look in the mirror. (Which, btw, would reflect back Ajax from the old animated series Duckman.) I didn't see the left tackle throw into double coverage or underthrow open receivers.

But let's not place all of the blame on Cutler. The Lovie braintrust got outcoached again. Tice isn't much of a line coach let alone a NFL OC.

Valuist
09-14-2012, 09:33 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again -- million dollar arm, $.10 head. He reminds me a lot of Grossman. Once he gets rattled, it's all over. He throws the ball up for grabs. Cutler needs to take a good look in the mirror. (Which, btw, would reflect back Ajax from the old animated series Duckman.) I didn't see the left tackle throw into double coverage or underthrow open receivers.

But let's not place all of the blame on Cutler. The Lovie braintrust got outcoached again. Tice isn't much of a line coach let alone a NFL OC.

True the OL played poor but the decision making wasn't good. He will never be an elite QB. I wouldn't go quite as far as comparing him to Grossman but I think your first sentence summed it up perfectly.

DigitalDownsJoe
09-14-2012, 01:44 PM
I think he is more like Jeff George. All the ability in the world. God gifted him with the arm, and like you said a ten cent head. Im just upset Forte got hurt. Atleast i drafted his handcuff in the last round :jump:

DigitalDownsJoe
09-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I think the NFC is going to be very hard to bet this year. A lot of teams who will be up one week, down the next(dallas,nyg,wash,no,chic,gb) Im going to be on the Falcons train...

rastajenk
09-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Is there such thing as must win in week 2?

I'd have to say, now that the results of Week 2 are almost all in, the answer is No.