PDA

View Full Version : The new Security is in place at TS

Itamaraca
09-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Just closed my account with the morons.

Been trying to change my password with no success. I finally called them and while it states that the password must be 8-12 characters long and must contain BOTH numbers and letters, what they really mean is that the password can ONLY contain letters and numbers: NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS ALLOWED. Apparently, while they allowed special characters in the past, they don't presently.

Way to make those passwords secure. :rolleyes:

horses4courses
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jM52jsnWi4Q/T7M73FkWPOI/AAAAAAAAAhA/6S5OFdwnEWk/s1600/Marathon+Man+2.jpg

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Just closed my account with the morons.

Been trying to change my password with no success. I finally called them and while it states that the password must be 8-12 characters long and must contain BOTH numbers and letters, what they really mean is that the password can ONLY contain letters and numbers: NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS ALLOWED. Apparently, while they allowed special characters in the past, they don't presently.

Way to make those passwords secure. :rolleyes:
That's too sad to be funny.

I've used some systems where you must have at least one special character in the password.

To point out the obvious, by limiting the set of characters, the total number of different passwords is smaller than it needs to be.

GameTheory
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I am reminded of The Hangover II:

My password used to be "baloney", but now it's "baloney1" cause they make you add a number!

...which I found extra amusing because "Baloney" is the name of my dog (my avatar). And no, I don't use that as a password anywhere.