PDA

View Full Version : CANADIAN TROTTING CLASSIC - FINAL$1,000,000

Zapper
09-12-2012, 01:52 PM
7 -- Trot, purse $1,000,000 (EX, P3, SU, TR) D-CANADIAN TROTTING CLASSIC - FINAL - 3 YEAR OLD OPEN. Post time: 09:40 P.M. Lasix: 05:25 P.M. Horses Entered: 11

1 Market Share= Ti Tetrick L Toscano
2 Solvato T Smedshammer T Smedshammer
3 Little Brown Fox Y Gingras J Takter
4 Knows Nothing(L) J Jamieson J Gillis
5 Money On My Mind= A Miller J Miller
6 Gym Tan Laundry= J Moiseyev M Vanderkemp
7 My Mvp M Lachance T Alagna
8 Guccio= J Takter J Takter
9 Prestidigitator S Filion R Jones 1
0 Appomattox(L) S Zeron F Antonacci
AE1 Modern Family= M Lachance T Alagna

Should be another great race at the Hawk this coming weekend.
A big mile last week from Hambo winner Market Share who didn't see any of the wood the entire mile from post 9 and was one stride away from winning his elimination.

Oskar
09-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Tetrick has been doing a great job with Market Share. In the Zweig, he sat off the half, followed Magic Tonight out at that point, and put that one away down the stretch. Last week he was saddled with the outside post and the need to qualify for the final, so he drifted out, sat off the colt that was sixth on the rail, and followed cover when it materialized at the half. If he could win, great, but regardless, he was sure to make the cut. MS has been dancing every dance but he has not been abused.

Knows Nothing has one open stakes win, and that comes with an asterisk. He won theTie Silk series at Woodbine in the spring, but that’s restricted to nw30 last year, and the field was very weak. So, in a De facto sense, KN has no open wins. The elimination wins in the Hambletonion and CTC are nice, but they don’t count as open stakes wins.

Jimmy Takter just refuses to give poor Guccio a break; he’s driving him again this week. Instead of having one win on the season, Guccio could have three or four with a decent driver sitting behind him. Takter was on another planet for most of last week’s elimination, but Guccio showed all kinds of trot at the end.

Money On My Mind was sitting pretty in the Zweig when he started running. He did the same thing in the Hambo. In the Colonial Consolation1, he sat a pocket trip and won easily up the inside for Andy Miller. That gelding can trot, when his head is on straight.

Prestidigitator had to come from the seven last week, and he drew the nine for the final. Gingras gave it up to him at the half last week, but his colt, Little Brown Fox, as well as Market Share, blew right by him at the end.

camourous
09-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Have to love Market Share here, should get away mid pack and if he gets a 2nd over trip he'll romp, i like Guccio too, I think Takter is the only one who can keep him trotting, added hopples recently to keep him flat.

Oskar
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Have to love Market Share here, should get away mid pack and if he gets a 2nd over trip he'll romp, i like Guccio too, I think Takter is the only one who can keep him trotting, added hopples recently to keep him flat.

I find it hard to believe that "magic hands" Takter is the only driver on the planet that can keep Guccio flat. Son-in-law Marcus won the Champlain with him last year, one of his two lifetime wins. He broke both times Pierce drove him, but David Miller gets along well with most trotters: give him a shot. What they're doing now isn't working.

Zapper
09-17-2012, 07:39 AM
That was another great drive by TT who almost got the horse pinned down inside with no room to get out. Market Share has come a long way from that little horse who won his first lifetime start a year ago yesterday at FH.

Look for this one to skip the Futurity and get ready for the Breeders Crown..

Right now IMHO this one gets top billing for 3 yr old Colt Trotter of the year no matter what happens in the BC.

Oskar
09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
That was another great drive by TT who almost got the horse pinned down inside with no room to get out. Market Share has come a long way from that little horse who won his first lifetime start a year ago yesterday at FH.

Look for this one to skip the Futurity and get ready for the Breeders Crown..

Right now IMHO this one gets top billing for 3 yr old Colt Trotter of the year no matter what happens in the BC.

Broad Bahn took the division off of wins in the Hambo and Zweig last year. Market Share has those plus the CTC win. I don't see how another colt can pass him now.

Googoo represented some competition, and he did beat MS in the Colonial, but he apparently won't be supplemented to the Futurity or the BC. He's scheduled to start again in late October in the Maryland SS, which conflicts with the BC. He'll then race in the Matron.