PDA

View Full Version : From todays headlines

Pages : [1] 2

ArlJim78
09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
headline style ala Drudge Report.

Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/09/11/cairo-us-embassy-protesters-prophet-mohammad/70000126/1#.UE-AdkbCz8A)

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi on Tuesday and set fire to the building, witnesses reported (http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/9/52597/World/International/Mob-sets-fire-to-US-consulate-in-Benghazi-witness.aspx)
U.S. staffer dies in Libya mission clash: source (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/11/us-libya-us-embassy-death-idUSBRE88A1JF20120911)

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims (http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html)

(wait what? they storm our embassies because of a movie they don't like, then we condemn the people who made the movie of hurting the feelings of those who burnt down our embassy?)

Obama Schedule Won’t Allow Meeting With Netanyahu, U.S. Says (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-11/obama-won-t-meet-with-netanyahu-in-u-s-white-house-aide-says.html)

President Barack Obama will be visiting one of his biggest fans soon - late night talker David Letterman.The president will chat with the "Late Show" host during a trip to New York City next week, (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/09/11/obama-back-letterman)

(of course as usual president empty chair continues to snub Israel while making time for comedy show appearances)
what happened to the Arab spring and the mythical youths yearning for democracy?

ElKabong
09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Four more years! Four more years!

bigmack
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM
They're 'free' from Mubarak so they can blow a gasket over some stupid va-va-video? Man, some people just can't get with THE 20TH CENTURY!

Backwards hillbilly Muslims. :D

RMCGdoy8V_Y

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 07:25 AM
US Ambassador To Libya And Three Others Killed In Attack On Consulate (http://www.businessinsider.com/reports-us-ambassador-to-libya-has-been-killed-in-consulate-attack-2012-9#ixzz26FmrNIps)

Welcome to the Arab Spring Part II

Tom
09-12-2012, 07:38 AM
These are Obama-people.
You can't fix stupid.

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Is this the time for the CIC to take another bow?

Tom
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM

Apologies already issued.

Let's see, the dems say NO to God here, then, when asked to put it back in their platform, they BOO!

But, some one insults THEIR excuse of a god and the dems apology is issued before the body of the ambassador is completely desecrated.

I get it. Dems......this is what they are.

Tom
09-12-2012, 10:45 AM
POTUS speaking now......where was our security last night, Mr. President?

You did this, Mr. President.

Tom
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Did the ridiculous excuse of a speech adequately address this?

What a coward we have in charge.
An act of war is reduced to an act of cowardice.
Where were the Marines, dipstick?
THIS is the POS officials helping us?

YOU did this, Obama....you and you alone.
This man represented YOU and US.....and that speech was you had to offer?
You disgusting pig. When did you have your manhood removed?

Last time a US ambassador was murdered was...you guessed it...Jimmy Carter. Prepare for history repeating itself with another chicken-shit coward of a democrat in office.

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
probably time for another Cairo speech.

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Are we at threat level orange yet?

Tom
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Yellow level.
How do you spell yellow?

O-B-A-M-A

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 12:10 PM
http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html

Tom
09-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Who apologizes to Americans for the State Department?
Their very existence offend me.

Tom
09-12-2012, 01:40 PM
John Kerry, who called our troops murderers and rapists, says Romney was irresponsible and demands an apology.

I will apologize for him.

MR. Kerry, I am truly sorry a piece of scum like you was ever born, and I think your mama should apologize for not aborting you. If ever there was an unwanted pregnancy, it was YOU.

Demorcrat and other assorted jerk, including MSM outraged over Romney chastising Obama for yet another gross failure....on 9/11 of all days, when any idiot know the islamic savages are likely to attack somewhere. Romney is the only one who looked like an American so far.

bigmack
09-12-2012, 01:52 PM
It's official. This Moron in Chief is like a turd.

On the day after the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in Benghazi, the White House on Wednesday morning released a schedule showing that President Obama would continue with his planned campaign trip to Las Vegas.

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 02:18 PM
A crowd of Salafi Islamists swarmed over the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo today, tore down the American flag and replaced it with black banners proclaiming the Muslim declaration of faith: “There is no god but God and Muhammad is his prophet.”

This hostile action, coming on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, is a deliberate affront to the United States, an effort to poison bilateral Egyptian-American relations and a harbinger of darker things to come in Egypt as rival Islamist groups compete to heap abuse on the United States and put Egypt on an even more radical Islamist trajectory. The crowd demanded that the embassy be closed and chanted: “Obama, Obama, there are still a billion Osamas” – a reference to the al-Qaeda leader killed in May 2011.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/09/11/islamists-storm-u-s-embassy-grounds-in-cairo/

Tom
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
The attacks were hardly a surprise.
They have been on social media and crowds have been showing up at the embassies lately.

Seeing how it was 9/11, was this not covered in the morning security briefing? Did OBlamea ignore the warnings, or skip the meeting?

Stinky? You know?

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
He's skipped at least the most recent meeting but the White House claims he's read the reports.

Mike at A+
09-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I seem to recall from my high school days that attacking an embassy is an act of war. Now you all know that I've been accused of being a little "radical" by our friends on the left who post here and that it's perceived that I sometimes overreact to stuff like this. But if I was running this country we would own Libya within a week or so.

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Withdrawn. Prior content was erroneous.

Tom
09-12-2012, 02:44 PM
He's skipped at least the most recent meeting but the White House claims he's read the reports.

And then ignored them.

Stinky? Wazzup here?
Where's your outrage?

Tom
09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
An embassy is a piece of the United States. Such an attack is considered to be an act of war.

Turns out to be an act of cowardice.
By our boy.

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I seem to recall from my high school days that attacking an embassy is an act of war. Now you all know that I've been accused of being a little "radical" by our friends on the left who post here and that it's perceived that I sometimes overreact to stuff like this. But if I was running this country we would own Libya within a week or so.
This (http://integrity-legal.com/legal-blog/miscellaneous/laws-and-rules-regarding-extraterritoriality/) seems to be the applicable description regarding the embassy and the envoy.

DJofSD
09-12-2012, 02:51 PM
And then ignored them.

Just another empty chair moment.

Tom
09-12-2012, 03:00 PM
The attacks in Libya may well have been called for by Zawahihi in ertaliation for a drone strike in June.

The crowds chanting that there are a billion more Osama....certainly appears the film had nothing to do with this, or the BS in the State Department apology before it happened.....

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others

Odds are both attacks were the direct result of OBAMA's ACTIONS!!!
Maybe they watched the DNC convention where he insulted them by bragging about his murder of their leader.

You libs were quick to accuse Bush of furthering terrorism in the ME with his military actions....what about THIS, where we have actual evidence that it was the cause? Anyone got a comment now? Stinky?

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm sure all the spiking of the football over Osama bin Laden had nothing to do with it, nor the official Obama campaign slogan "GM is alive and Osama is dead".

Maybe Obama should have sat in on a few of his intelligence briefings and a little less late night talk shows, fundraising and golfing.

oh and the film thing is a sham, a pretext, an excuse for them and for the administration to find a scapegoat. Its shameful that they would blame America first for hurting the feelings of others.

TJDave
09-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Who is Sam Bacile?

Steve Klein?

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/muhammad-film-consultant-sam-bacile-is-not-israeli-and-not-a-real-name/262290/

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-says-filmmaker-behind-anti-muhammed-movie-is-not-a-citizen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Tom
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Whoever he is, it dosen't matter.
The only important thing this proves is that some muslims are savage animals who cannot tolerate any one else and then they turn to violence, and the REST of the muslims either accept it or do next to nothing about it.

But some people insist it is a religion.

Some people believe pro wrestling is real.

Dahoss9698
09-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Just what our country needs....more war.

boxcar
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Maybe he has a legit excuse. Maybe he was born with that defect.

Boxcar

Dahoss9698
09-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Maybe he has a legit excuse. Maybe he was born with that defect.

Boxcar

Speaking from experience?

boxcar
09-12-2012, 03:58 PM

Would the real motive be a land grab or an oilfest? :lol:

Boxcar

boxcar
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Speaking from experience?

Actually, since you can relate to him so well and feel his pain and have so much empathy for him, it's far more likely that both of you are two peas in the same pod. This is also most evident from both your necks up. What lies further south would be anyone's guess. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Who is Sam Bacile?

Steve Klein?

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/muhammad-film-consultant-sam-bacile-is-not-israeli-and-not-a-real-name/262290/

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-says-filmmaker-behind-anti-muhammed-movie-is-not-a-citizen/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
irrelevant

Dahoss9698
09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Actually, since you can relate to him so well and feel his pain and have so much empathy for him, it's far more likely that both of you are two peas in the same pod. This is also most evident from both your necks up. What lies further south would be anyone's guess. :lol: :lol:

Boxhair

Please provide examples of me relating to, feeling his pain, or showing empathy towards "him."

Thanks in advance.

boxcar
09-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Please provide examples of me relating to, feeling his pain, or showing empathy towards "him."

Thanks in advance.

You're one BO's biggest bleeding heart fans here, aren't you? I mean...he's your boy, isn't he? No? Then why do you insult me for trying to mitigate Tom's harsh comments about BO? Are you so dense that you can't recognize when someone is suggesting that the poor guy might have an excuse for being what he is? (And you, too, for that matter.) :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

TJDave
09-12-2012, 04:41 PM
irrelevant

It's relevant. Someone or some group is using the film as justification, alleged or real, for the attack. If someone or group is spreading misinformation or trying to discredit the facts I'd be interested in knowing... And in knowing why.

It's not difficult to envision several actors or governments that could be involved.

Not to mention discovering who is ultimately the responsible party.

Dahoss9698
09-12-2012, 05:34 PM
You're one BO's biggest bleeding heart fans here, aren't you? I mean...he's your boy, isn't he? No? Then why do you insult me for trying to mitigate Tom's harsh comments about BO? Are you so dense that you can't recognize when someone is suggesting that the poor guy might have an excuse for being what he is? (And you, too, for that matter.) :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

I'd respond but I'm too busy laughing.

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
It's relevant. Someone or some group is using the film as justification, alleged or real, for the attack. If someone or group is spreading misinformation or trying to discredit the facts I'd be interested in knowing... And in knowing why.

It's not difficult to envision several actors or governments that could be involved.

There is no mystery who the responsible party is, and it's not a film.

you actually think someone who made that film might be responsible for what happened in Cairo and Libya?

senortout
09-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Who did make the film? give me a link if you have one, please, I am tired today, thank you(seriously)

boxcar
09-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd respond but I'm too busy laughing.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am. :rolleyes: I thought the next thing you'd be telling us is that you jumped BO's rat-infested ship and have swum over to Romney's beachhead. (BigMack would have been so proud of you, too.) :lol:

Boxcar

Mike at A+
09-12-2012, 06:36 PM
There is no mystery who the responsible party is, and it's not a film.

you actually think someone who made that film might be responsible for what happened in Cairo and Libya?
That is what the lamestream media wants us to believe. I tend to think a little more planning went into this and that 0bama spiking the football on Osama may have been the spark that ignited the fuse.

bigmack
09-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I tend to think a little more planning went into this and that 0bama spiking the football on Osama may have been the spark that ignited the fuse.
Not to mention another drone attack in Yemen.

Where are all those twerps that were here uproariously whining about Guantanamo being the #1 Al-Qaeda recruiting tool? What a hoot.

Capt. Mulatto high-fiving the death of OSL and blowing the smithereens out of Muslims anywhere on the planet far outweighs Camp Mohammed.

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 07:26 PM
the ineptness and incompetence of President Kardashian on full display this week.
Last attended his daily intelligence briefing on Sept 5th. busy schedule and all.

His foreign policy blunders have put the mideast on the brink and our sovereign sites attacked and citizens murdered.

he declines to meet with Israeli PM, again citing that busy schedule.

after the attack on our consulate he boldy steps up to the mic in the rose garden today to read a statement, YET takes NO questions. that must be more of that "leading from behind" we've heard so much about.

yet miraculously he is able to jet off to Vegas today for yet another fundraiser and an interview with Telemundo.

oh and next week he's still on for Letterman appearance and a fundraiser with Jay Z and Beyonce. yea!

I guess there's flexibility in his schedule for priority matters.

Hoofhearted
09-12-2012, 07:51 PM
There can be no excuses for this outrageous killing of the ambassador and his three staff members. None whatsoever.

But maybe the despicable act might just have its genesis in the West-assisted Arab Spring of last year.

Some of us foresaw that the Western democracies were playing dangerous little games by pro-actively assisting "regime change" in the Arab world, and that most likely mayhem and instability would result. It was also obvious that radical/fundamentalist Islamic groupings would rush in to fill the vacuum when the leaders of both Lybia and Egypt were removed.

Even if you loathed him, it has to be conceded that Ghaddafi maintained an iron grip on the radical Islamists in Lybia. He hunted them down and imprisoned them. An incident like the storming of the American embassy yesterday would never have happened on his watch.
Similarly with Mubarrak in Egypt. He was the most pro-Western leader in the Arab world who even provided "torture by proxy" of special rendition captured Al Qaeda operatives for American and British secret service agencies, ............. yet was overthrown with the approval and assistance of the governments of both countries. Today, just twelve short months later, Egypt is on the brink of being taken over by Islamic extremists.

Sometimes the West seems to be doing the work of Al Qaeda itself.

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I can't tell you how disappointed I am. :rolleyes: I thought the next thing you'd be telling us is that you jumped BO's rat-infested ship and have swum over to Romney's beachhead. (BigMack would have been so proud of you, too.) :lol:

Boxcar

Boxcar,

Don't let dahoss hijack another thread, ok? This is a terrorist attack event, please keep on topic (and don't reply to his nonsense)

Gracias

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 08:52 PM
It's official. This Moron in Chief is like a turd.-----

On the day after the U.S. Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in Benghazi, the White House on Wednesday morning released a schedule showing that President Obama would continue with his planned campaign trip to Las Vegas.

When I zipped thru the thread I was sure this was a fictitious charge. No way he's that ****ing stupid..... Leave for Las Vegas while the blades are turning brown over in the M.E. because we've lost all control and can't protect our own? Surely this is just bullshit.

I'll be ****ing damned if it isn't true. As of now he's still planning on going. Talk about losing track of priority.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49008076#.UFEswI2PWwQ

KSNV
updated 9/12/2012 3:16:21 PM ET
Print Font:
LAS VEGAS (AP) — President Barack Obama is planning to focus on campaign economic policies during a quick visit to Las Vegas. The president will be making his eighth visit this year to Nevada he speaks Wednesday to a campaign audience at a convention hall just north of downtown Las Vegas. President Obama will deliver remarks at what the campaign calls a grass-roots event Wednesday at Cashman Center. Doors will open at 3 p.m. Obama is scheduled to speak at 6:10 p.m. His campaign says Obama will compare his goals to build economic security for the middle class with what he characterizes as "top-down" GOP policies that he blames for the Great Recession

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Just saw this assclown in Las Vegas in front of a crowd on tv, headed for a fund raiser.....I'm completely numb right now......How can you project yourself as a leader, when you're out fund raising 2000 miles from DC, 24 hours after a terrorist attack kills 4 Americans that were under-protected?

Mike at A+
09-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Just saw this assclown in Las Vegas in front of a crowd on tv, headed for a fund raiser.....I'm completely numb right now......How can you project yourself as a leader, when you're out fund raising 2000 miles from DC, 24 hours after a terrorist attack kills 4 Americans that were under-protected?
What's even more disgusting is how the mindless audience he was speaking to was chanting "four more years" and screaming "I love you" less than 24 hours since 4 Americans were slaughtered like livestock. This guy is a total screw up on so many levels and it amazes me how this election can even be close. Are Americans that stupid? Never mind, I already know the answer to that question.

bigmack
09-12-2012, 09:37 PM
So as I have a few screens around this joint I see on both CNN & MSLSD they were NON STOP about Romney coming out with a statement RE: THE ERASED message that came from the STATE DEPT.

That's what much of the press found of interest on this mournful day?

4 dead with NO beefed-up security for 9/11, a misstatement, he's off to Vegas and the press is hounding ROMNEY?

What a cluster****.

What a country.

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Whoever here came up with "President Kardashian" was spot on. There's zero leadership here, all faux celebrity bullshit.

This is his lowest point of all, and man he's had a lot of them

Steve 'StatMan'
09-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Whoever here came up with "President Kardashian" was spot on. There's zero leadership here, all faux celebrity bullshit.

I hearby nominate Barack Obama for Ambasador to Libya

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 10:30 PM

I first heard it from Rush Limbaugh and instantly realized that it fit him to a tee.

mostpost
09-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Did the ridiculous excuse of a speech adequately address this?

What a coward we have in charge.
An act of war is reduced to an act of cowardice.
Where were the Marines, dipstick?
THIS is the POS officials helping us?

YOU did this, Obama....you and you alone.
This man represented YOU and US.....and that speech was you had to offer?

Last time a US ambassador was murdered was...you guessed it...Jimmy Carter. Prepare for history repeating itself with another chicken-shit coward of a democrat in office.

I admire your bravery; your willingness to go to Libya to avenge the death of our ambassador. Oh, I'm sorry. You are not going to Libya at all. You're just sitting at your computer in upstate New York shooting off your mouth without a ounce of sense. As usual.

Tom
09-12-2012, 10:44 PM

So you condemn the film makers instead the muslim savages?
Here's a news flash for you - anyone is FREE to make and GD movie they want about any GD subject, and if the GD mohamed groupies don't like it, TS for them. If they are savage animals who can't accept it, then they need to be taken out. Like and rabid dog would be.

Obama the GD dems are not afraid to offend Catholics, but the POS is scared to death to offend a muslim. Should Catholics attack DC and drag out some officials and beat them to death in the streets - because that is EXACTLY what your are saying.

Tom
09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
An act of war on American soil - and the POS turns his back on reporters and refuses to answer a single question - then flies off to campaign in Vegas.
He does not care at all that three Americans were murdered. He is a disgrace to the country. I can't imagine any other president in history ever blowing off a direct attack on America like this.....well, other than Clinton, who made a habit
of it.

Tom
09-12-2012, 10:53 PM
I admire your bravery; your willingness to go to Libya to avenge the death of our ambassador. Oh, I'm sorry. You are not going to Libya at all. You're just sitting at your computer in upstate New York shooting off your mouth without a ounce of sense. As usual.

So you condone the murders.
It figures - I expect that from you, as usual.
Do me a favor - go to HELL, you disgusting excuse of a person.

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Aand now I hear and read Obama went back to sleep while this was all going on?? Are you ****ing kidding me??!

4 Americans killed, at least one dragged thru the street being beaten and spit on....and this POS in the white house goes back to sleep. Amazing

Hilary was right about that 3am phone call.

mostpost
09-12-2012, 10:59 PM
John Kerry, who called our troops murderers and rapists, says Romney was irresponsible and demands an apology.

I will apologize for him.

MR. Kerry, I am truly sorry a piece of scum like you was ever born, and I think your mama should apologize for not aborting you. If ever there was an unwanted pregnancy, it was YOU.

Demorcrat and other assorted jerk, including MSM outraged over Romney chastising Obama for yet another gross failure....on 9/11 of all days, when any idiot know the islamic savages are likely to attack somewhere. Romney is the only one who looked like an American so far.

Romney tried to use the attacks as political leverage. Without knowing any of the facts, and probably without caring, he made statements that were factually incorrect and came to the wrong conclusions regarding those "facts"

Romney, and the rest of you clowns, are outraged that the Obama administration-through the Us Embassy in Egypt-made a statement that seemed to be sympathetic to the people attacking the embassies. Two things wrong with your outrage. One, the statements were solely the work of the embassy. Two they were made before the attacks.

Romney does not look like an American. He looks like a scumbag who is willing use a national tragedy to gain a political advantage. It will work with the no information voters who post here. It will not work with the average American.

Tom
09-12-2012, 11:03 PM
The LAST thing YOU are qualified to judge is what an American is.
Union leeches, yes, real American, no way in Hell. You support Ovomit's actions today? Seriously?

You are worse than I thought.
You pathetic little weasel.

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 11:03 PM
An act of war on American soil - and the POS turns his back on reporters and refuses to answer a single question - then flies off to campaign in Vegas.
He does not care at all that three Americans were murdered. He is a disgrace to the country. I can't imagine any other president in history ever blowing off a direct attack on America like this.....well, other than Clinton, who made a habit
of it.

Tom,

I think this is worse than anything in memory as far as a lack of leadership and giving a shit goes. It's more than embarrassing. It's a travesty.

Msnbc right now, they're grilling Romney...Excuse the **** out me!!!!!!??? A planned attack on 9/11, mr preznit goes back to sleep after hearing US embassies in the M.E. are under attack and people may be in danger for their lives....then he flies 2000 miles later on for a fundraiser.

Unreal. This POS has to go

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 11:05 PM
I first heard it from Rush Limbaugh and instantly realized that it fit him to a tee.

yep, he got it right. No question about this.

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Question: What do the mainstream media and the Secret Service have in common?

Answer: Their common mission is to protect the president at all costs.

Valuist
09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Romney tried to use the attacks as political leverage. Without knowing any of the facts, and probably without caring, he made statements that were factually incorrect and came to the wrong conclusions regarding those "facts"

Romney, and the rest of you clowns, are outraged that the Obama administration-through the Us Embassy in Egypt-made a statement that seemed to be sympathetic to the people attacking the embassies. Two things wrong with your outrage. One, the statements were solely the work of the embassy. Two they were made before the attacks.

Romney does not look like an American. He looks like a scumbag who is willing use a national tragedy to gain a political advantage. It will work with the no information voters who post here. It will not work with the average American.

This is a new low, even for you.

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Romney does not look like an American.

Coming from a racist who posted on this board a particular black man isn't really black, the above comes as no surprise.

ArlJim78
09-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Romney was spot on, got it exactly right, and acted like a leader. Only later did the regime try to erase that memo, and then finally blame someone else for it.
Obama was weak and ineffectual as usual. a total embassament and danger to the country.

mostpost
09-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Another armchair general. All too willing to declare war at the slightest provocation. Who are we going to war with. The country of Libya did not attack our consulate. Did you know that ten Libyan security guards died defending the embassy. Did you know that the attack was not an attack by a mob. There were small arms involved; rocket propelled grenades and maybe even artillery. Did you know that it was the Libyan military that regained control of the embassy.

Besides myself, the only person on this board that I know served in the military is lsbets. I might not agree with his opinion, but I will respect his right to express one. The rest of you guys................

bigmack
09-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Besides myself, the only person on this board that I know served in the military is lsbets.
:lol:

What a clown.

mostpost
09-12-2012, 11:30 PM
So you condone the murders.
It figures - I expect that from you, as usual.
Do me a favor - go to HELL, you disgusting excuse of a person.

You are a moron. Nowhere did I say that I condone the murders. I just disagree with your stupid knee jerk response to them. We need to find out who is responsible. That is something that we can do. Once we do that we can bring them to justice. Killing random Libyans is not justice; it is murder.

And yes, maybe justice will involve a well targeted drone strike.

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Besides myself, the only person on this board that I know served in the military is lsbets. I might not agree with his opinion, but I will respect his right to express one. The rest of you guys................

About half of the old regular posters here served, myself included. You're one sad person.

mostpost
09-12-2012, 11:41 PM
About half of the old regular posters here served, myself included. You're one sad person.

I said that lsbets is the only one that I KNOW served. I have the strong feeling that the persons making the most noise did not. So if you or anyone did serve in the military post your name in response to this post and I will respect your opinion, while continuing to disagree with itl

PaceAdvantage
09-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and TONE DOWN THE RHETORIC on this thread.

Ya'll are grown men, right? Start acting like it...

Your message gets lost in a sea of **** and GD and all the other stuff...but it's also kind of fun to see mostpost try and spin this around and blame you guys for being outraged...

PaceAdvantage
09-12-2012, 11:46 PM
I said that lsbets is the only one that I KNOW served. I have the strong feeling that the persons making the most noise did not. So if you or anyone did serve in the military post your name in response to this post and I will respect your opinion, while continuing to disagree with itlIt's a little weird that you're out here lining up people to garner your respect...do you think yourself THAT important?

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 11:52 PM
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and TONE DOWN THE RHETORIC on this thread.

Your message gets lost in a sea of **** and GD and all the other stuff...but it's also kind of fun to see mostpost try and spin this around and blame you guys for being outraged...

Americans dragged thru streets, dead. President goes back to sleep so he can travel to Las Vegas to a fund raiser....The responses here are most understandable.

Up until now I've been disappointed in his leadership. Today I'm thoroughly disgusted and appalled as are a lot of people.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Americans dragged thru streets, dead. President goes back to sleep so he can travel to Las Vegas to a fund raiser....The responses here are most understandable.

Up until now I've been disappointed in his leadership. Today I'm thoroughly disgusted and appalled as are a lot of people.They may be understandable but they don't really serve any purpose framed as such. Just a giant hot mess of emotions.

A calm, rational thought process, like the one you demonstrate above, is much more effective, IMO. It makes the sentiments more genuine and less like an opportunity to grandstand against Obama.

Then again, wasn't it an Obama pal (Rahm E.) who recently said "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

mostpost
09-13-2012, 12:20 AM

You are correct. I withdraw and apologize for any comments relating to anyone's military service or lack there of.

And I do not blame anyone for being outraged by this. If their outrage is directed at the perpetrators. I disagree vehemently with those who are calling for attacks on Libya. The government of Libya was not responsible for the attacks. They were carried out by a small radical group.

Reacting to this attack by declaring war on Libya is shortsighted at best. Are we to allow any group to bait us into military action? The only sensible reaction is to find out who is responsible and target them.

I am currently-11:15PM CDT-listening to news accounts of the attack. They describe it as beginning as a protest. But as the protest continued, groups of men arrived in pickup trucks carrying automatic weapons and RPGs. They were not a part of the original protest and apparently the original protesters were not connected to the militants. Although it is possible that the militants arranged the protest as a cover.

The thing is, what I am watching now was originally on three hours ago, yet I have seen nothing on this thread alluding to the fact that this was a quasi military operation, not an incidence of mob violence.

mostpost
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
They may be understandable but they don't really serve any purpose framed as such. Just a giant hot mess of emotions.

A calm, rational thought process, like the one you demonstrate above, is much more effective, IMO. It makes the sentiments more genuine and less like an opportunity to grandstand against Obama.

Then again, wasn't it an Obama pal (Rahm E.) who recently said "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

And didn't Mitt Romney learn that lesson well. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't think anyone seriously believes a war is justified based on this incident.

However, I will point out that had this been a Republican in office, YOU would be nitpicking everything this president has done regarding Libya, including being severely critical of the US helping "take out" Gaddafi (however you spell his name) and destabilizing the country.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2012, 12:25 AM
[/B]

And didn't Mitt Romney learn that lesson well. :rolleyes:Hold the presses. Are you indirectly being critical of one of your own (Rahm E?)

It's his playbook.

hcap
09-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Fe, Fi, Fp, Fum I smell the blood of a whole bunch of trigger happy, gun toting neocons.

Looks like PA off topic may be going back to it's roots.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Fe, Fi, Fp, Fum I smell the blood of a whole bunch of trigger happy, gun toting neocons.

Looks like PA off topic may be going back to it's roots.Oy.

reckless
09-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Just another empty chair moment.

Once again, Barry Oh-no-Bama voted present, and then went to Las Vegas for a fund-raiser.

hcap
09-13-2012, 12:32 AM
At least Tom is not calling for nuking everyone......yet

mostpost
09-13-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't think anyone seriously believes a war is justified based on this incident.

However, I will point out that had this been a Republican in office, YOU would be nitpicking everything this president has done regarding Libya, including being severely critical of the US helping "take out" Gaddafi (however you spell his name) and destabilizing the country.

I would not, if he did it the way the Obama administration did it. By aiding the opposition; by limiting our direct involvement and by getting out quickly.

mostpost
09-13-2012, 12:38 AM
At least Tom is not calling for nuking everyone......yet
uh oh. I think I hear the air raid sirens going off in North Riverside. :eek:

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 12:41 AM
hcap and mosty,

Not once did I post 'going to war'. My disgust is what I'm seeing and not seeing out of the President. A complete non-leader we have.

Read the posts in this thread. Count the # of "go to war" posts vs the total # of posts. Then let's get back on topic, shall we?

Americans were killed, dragged thru streets.
Romney's first tweet of the day, directed towards the actions in M.E....Obama's was to ask for volunteers and money or somesuch
So what does this president do after being told of the crisis?

(1) goes back to sleep
(2) flies to Vegas
(3) attends a fund raiser for his campaign

Now do you dig? 'It's not about the war, stupid'! It's the void of leadership or any impression thereof.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2012, 12:41 AM
I would not, if he did it the way the Obama administration did it. By aiding the opposition; by limiting our direct involvement and by getting out quickly.But it has clearly destabilized the region...and that's something you're very quick to point out at times. I guess that doesn't count in this instance, because we destabilized in a more efficient manner. :rolleyes:

reckless
09-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I hearby nominate Barack Obama for Ambasador to Libya

Actually, I hear that after January 20, 2013, after Romney is sworn in as President, Barry Oh-No Bama will be going 'home' to run for mayor of his village in Kenya.

bigmack
09-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Was a solemn afternoon in Vegas. Then on to Denver, where he'll spend a restful nights sleep.

MIGHTY pathetic.

MFn3O7R2aKA

mostpost
09-13-2012, 12:59 AM
hcap and mosty,

Not once did I post 'going to war'. My disgust is what I'm seeing and not seeing out of the President. A complete non-leader we have.

Read the posts in this thread. Count the # of "go to war" posts vs the total # of posts. Then let's get back on topic, shall we?

Americans were killed, dragged thru streets.
Romney's first tweet of the day, directed towards the actions in M.E....Obama's was to ask for volunteers and money or somesuch
So what does this president do after being told of the crisis?

(1) goes back to sleep
(2) flies to Vegas
(3) attends a fund raiser for his campaign

Now do you dig? 'It's not about the war, stupid'! It's the void of leadership or any impression thereof.

Not once did I say that you did. Tom did. Mike at A+ did. As for Obama going back to sleep, flying to Vegas and attending a fund raiser; I give you his own words, " I am fully capable of multi-tasking."

Do you not think they would wake him up if anything needed his attention.
Do you not think he was in constant contact with the situation on his way to Vegas. I think Air Force One has a phone.

bigmack
09-13-2012, 01:08 AM
BO sets the table, comes in with a pile of homeys, trashes the joint, four people show up dead in the basement, says he's off to Vegas and Mostie axes - Do you have your phone, Honey?

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 01:10 AM
It should be stated that Obama agrees with Mike and Tom....Warships are headed that way w/ Tomahawk missles. Is Obama a warmonger then? I don't think you'd allow yourself to admit it.....like you did those 2 individuals.

A president is supposed to be the picture of a backbone of the nation in times like this. He's been anything but. It's disgusting.

In addition you have a Lib revving up a thread on 9/11, how Bush let an Intel failure cost us. Using that same logic, the same thing happened here....yet that poster is a no show.

We deserve better from the white house. Plain and simple. Hopefully in January we'll see the change needed.

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 01:15 AM
BO sets the table, comes in with a pile of homeys, trashes the joint, four people show up dead in the basement, says he's off to Vegas and Mostie axes - Do you have your phone, Honey?

I think Eastwood needs to produce a movie about the empty chair over this failure to lead or convey a leadership role.....Any ideas for the movie title??

Bedtime for Obama (in lieu of Bonzo)
Sleepfull in DC
Apology Now
Throws like a girl, sleeps like a baby

Other nominations?

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 01:19 AM
N As for Obama going back to sleep, flying to Vegas and attending a fund raiser; I give you his own words, " I am fully capable of multi-tasking."

If he were capable of multi tasking, 4 Americans wouldn't have been killed and dragged thru streets being beaten and spit on. On 9/11 no less. Think some security might be in order, or did that miss his multi tasking radar?

redshift1
09-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Well this thread is certain to sway independents and the undecided.

NJ Stinks
09-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Has anybody else noticed how bizarre the news coverage has been today?

Everybody but FOX reported that Romney made stupid statements about this. I mean - I'm not just saying it was reported that Romney put his foot in his mouth. I'm saying news organizations said his comments were irresponsible and even hurtful to our country.

And then there's FOX. As a buddy said to me tonight, how can FOX's coverage of the same story be so completely different from all the other news networks?

It's crazy. Either FOX is the only one right in their reporting today or FOX is so tilted to the right, they refuse to report the news in anything close to a fair and balanced manner.

(You know what I think. It was just unbelievably obvious today.)

bigmack
09-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Besides it being a tired routine, you are so far off the ranch on this jag of Fox it's embarrassing to yourself.

Look at this headline from the LA Times:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/RomneysquickcriticismonLibyadrawsrebuke-latimescom.png

Now start babbling about a Fox bias when all you loons can talk about today is RM's quick criticism on LIBYA? LIBYA? What are you STUPID?

He commented on the REDACTED statement by the STATE DEPT. IN CAIRO!

Christ, you people are out of touch with reality. AND THEN you have the unmitigated gall to waltz in here and talk about Fox bias. They're the only ones RESPONSIBLY reporting the story.

You need help if you buy this latest pile of dung.

redshift1
09-13-2012, 03:34 AM

Everybody but FOX reported that Romney made stupid statements about this. I mean - I'm not just saying it was reported that Romney put his foot in his mouth. I'm saying news organizations said his comments were irresponsible and even hurtful to our country.

And then there's FOX. As a buddy said to me tonight, how can FOX's coverage of the same story be so completely different from all the other news networks?

It's crazy. Either FOX is the only one right in their reporting today or FOX is so tilted to the right, they refuse to report the news in anything close to a fair and balanced manner.

Fox seemed fairly balanced during the conventions but I watched an interview on Fox today where the guy was almost screaming in outrage about Obama's failed foreign policy and inadequate security for diplomats.

Strident even for Fox, bodes an acrimonious run up to the election.

fast4522
09-13-2012, 05:44 AM
The problem we are having in Libya right now is a back flush about what we did there when we took part of the hunt for Muammar Gaddafi. It was all about oil, the Bilderburg Group said get Gaddafi and our President sent in air support. I know you guy's are going to say UN this and that, but it was for oil for England and Europe. I full well expected this would blow up in our faces and now to the extent of just how bad. Ask yourself this question, do you think this President can make things worse?

hcap
09-13-2012, 07:16 AM
From what I have seen, Fox pays an inordinate amout of ass kissin time to John Bolton.

I don't think he is the one to set foreign policy unless it is for mustache wax tariffs

http://www.sadlyno.com/wordpress/uploads/2009/09/yosemite-sam.png

Tom
09-13-2012, 07:35 AM
You are a moron. Nowhere did I say that I condone the murders. I just disagree with your stupid knee jerk response to them. We need to find out who is responsible. That is something that we can do. Once we do that we can bring them to justice. Killing random Libyans is not justice; it is murder.

And yes, maybe justice will involve a well targeted drone strike.

Let me help you out here dude........print this out and carry it with you. Study it. Use it. You need it more than anyone I know.

THIS is........

Tom
09-13-2012, 07:40 AM

No, what you smell is the load Obama left in his pants....he is scared to death of this. The muslims smelled it, too, so they attacked our embassy in Yemen and are preparing to do so in Tunisia.

Remember Hitler and Chamberlain? Weakness is always taken advantage of.
Carter-Clinton-Obama.....the three men who have more to enable terroism than any others.

Tom
09-13-2012, 07:45 AM

Romney said NOTHING out of line.
NPR and CBS were caught on tape planing how to protect the president and attack Romney. The MSM is more concerned with Romney's statements that with the ravages of savages in the ME. Seems like you don't get a lot of news in your neighborhood.

FOX is the only one getting it right - because they do not protect the president - they report news.

Tom
09-13-2012, 07:47 AM

Maybe it is his blood your smell. You have no class whatsoever. This happened because of people like you and mostie. Still laughing little girl?

hcap
No, what you smell is the load Obama left in his pants....he is scared to death of this. The muslims smelled it, too, so they attacked our embassy in Yemen and are preparing to do so in Tunisia.

Remember Hitler and Chamberlain? Weakness is always taken advantage of.
Carter-Clinton-Obama.....the three men who have more to enable terroism than any others.
Tom we have quite a bit of nuclear megatonage remaining just going to waste.

Miller time?

DJofSD
Now, Yemen. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/14/world/middleeast/mideast-turmoil-spreads-to-us-embassy-in-yemen.html?_r=2)

Tom
09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
hcap, I helped mostie out, let me offer you the same courtesy.......when you get confused, remember, THIS is a hole in the ground.......

Tom
09-13-2012, 08:20 AM

\
Why would we go to war when we are sending billions of dollars to both countries? Maybe after Yemen, Tunisia, and a couple of other one, Obama will issue a terse memo.

hcap
09-13-2012, 08:23 AM
You guys are entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. For all you John Boltons out there

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=161035282

FACT CHECK: Romney Misstates Facts On Attacks

by The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The gunfire at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, had barely ceased when Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney seriously mischaracterized what had happened in a statement accusing President Barack Obama of "disgraceful" handling of violence there and at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

"The Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks," Romney said in a statement first emailed to reporters at 10:09 p.m. Eastern time, under the condition it not be published until midnight.

In fact, neither a statement by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo earlier in the day nor a later statement from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton offered sympathy for attackers. The statement from the Cairo Embassy had condemned anti-Muslim religious incitement before the embassy walls were breached. In her statement, issued minutes before Romney's, Clinton had offered the administration's first response to the violence in Libya, explicitly condemning the attack there and confirming the death of a State Department official.

more at the link

Tom
09-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Got it all wrong, hcap, did you look at the picture I gave you before you posted?

Mike at A+
09-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Not once did I say that you did. Tom did. Mike at A+ did.
Here's how I would handle this (and no, I'm not advocating a "war"). The U.S. President (one with balls) gets on the phone with the Libyan president and informs him that we are to receive 10% of their GDP for the next 10 years as payment for the murders committed at the U.S. Embassy. We enforce this by sending big gunships off the Libyan coast and having them ready to perform a "shock and awe" on one of their major cities. We give them a few days notice for humanitarian purposes so they can evacuate before we turn it into a parking lot. If they agree to the monetary penalty we impose, everything's cool. If not, we go ahead with Plan B. After leveling a major city, we raise the price to 20% for 20 years. This is as simple as "lather, rinse, repeat". BUT we need a president who has the balls to do this and if we do it as I suggest, we don't have one casualty. It's time to show the world that they don't screw with us.

lamboguy
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
those people in that region are a cancer to us. the only way to stop them is to get rid of the cancer. never mind money for GDP that they could care less about and never pay.

the only reason why we haven't gone into Iran yet is because there is no way we can win a conventional war against 80 million Pursians. the united states has not won a war since WW11 except for Granada. under Obama we have the largest military budget of all time. its time we all get together and take of the job that needs to be done. we may not have the right leadership at the present time to take care of business. it should have been done during Reagan 30 years ago when the getting was good.

think about it, imagine these dirty rats taking shots at our people and our leadership is playing tiddly winks so far. if we don't do nothing now, we will get more of these cowardly attacks on innocent people. the leader of our great country apologizes to them instead of blowing them off the face of the earth so they can get right next to Allah where they belong.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 10:04 AM
the leader of our great country apologizes to them instead of blowing them off the face of the earth so they can get right next to Allah where they belong.Enough with all this apology bullshit..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/fact-checkers-say-no-to-romney-apology-claims/2012/09/13/7d88a03e-fd3a-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_blog.html

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:05 AM
It is very hard for Obama to stand tall when he bows so low.

Walk softly but carry a big stick has become
Walk softly but bow deeply

The buck stops here has become
The buck stops there.

Ask not what your country can do for you...... has become
Ask not.

The people who knocked down these building will hear you has become
We are so sorry you heard Americans using their free speech.

Freedom of religion has become
Except for Christians who oppose birth control and abort - you can can kiss our asses while we kiss the muslim's asses.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Enough with all this apology bullshit..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/fact-checkers-say-no-to-romney-apology-claims/2012/09/13/7d88a03e-fd3a-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_blog.html

Did you read the Cairo posting BEFORE the attacks.
Clearly, an apology.
Did you hear Obama's brief statement yesterday?
Clearly no outrage, clearly undeserved thanks yous and a bow to the attackers.

Fact check reality.

elysiantraveller
09-13-2012, 10:08 AM
The neo-con rhetoric on here is a little troubling and its coming from everyone even the left on here...

I'm outraged just like everyone else is but clamoring for war and state-sponsored assassination is not a solution to the problem we have which is a failure of US leadership and our role in the region. We have made absolutely no overtures to recognize and support the new government in Egypt and our lead from the rear strategy in Libya has finally backfired on us.

Understand, I want revenge as well but this country needs to have clear policy goals in the region and those goals have to be made public. Our message to Egypt, for instance, has been muddled at best.

To fix this sometimes you have to tell American people what is necessary no matter what effect it will have on polls... we clearly don't have that kind of leadership now.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Enough with all this apology bullshit..

Enough with the Fact Check bullshit.
The initial posting by Cairo apologized for our free speech before the attacks.
Obama's brief statement lacked any outrage and it actually thanked those who stood by and did nothing to help.

Obama has been apologizing since he took office. Did you hear the muslim speech right after he downgraded the office?

DJofSD
09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html
That page has been taken down.

The text was:
The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Understand, I want revenge as well but this country needs to have clear policy goals in the region and those goals have to be made public. Our message to Egypt, for instance, has been muddled at best.

The single plan Obama has brought to the table in 4 years is tax the rich.
He has no other plans and no other strategies.

He supports those who hate us and attack us. He is more one of them than he is one of us.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 10:17 AM
That page has been taken down.
The text was:That's not an apology, it's a condemnation of hate speech on both sides.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:18 AM
The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions, unless you a Christian. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy when it suits our agenda, which includes murdering babies in the womb and forcing Catholics to violate their beliefs. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech, which is not permitted in most muslim countries, or when it goes against the Lord Obama, to hurt the religious beliefs of others, again, excluding Christians. If fact, only muslims because they are Obama's chosen ones.

These scum bags are apologizing for our free speech. Fact check that.

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 10:19 AM
You guys are entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. For all you John Boltons out there

by The Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The gunfire at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, had barely ceased when Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney seriously mischaracterized what had happened in a statement accusing President Barack Obama of "disgraceful" handling of violence there and at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

"The Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks," Romney said in a statement first emailed to reporters at 10:09 p.m. Eastern time, under the condition it not be published until midnight.

In fact, neither a statement by the U.S. Embassy in Cairo earlier in the day nor a later statement from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton offered sympathy for attackers. The statement from the Cairo Embassy had condemned anti-Muslim religious incitement before the embassy walls were breached. In her statement, issued minutes before Romney's, Clinton had offered the administration's first response to the violence in Libya, explicitly condemning the attack there and confirming the death of a State Department official.

more at the link
the timeline presented in the NPR piece does show that the first response by the US was,
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions,"

NPR claims that is not apologetic, but it certainly is incredibly weak, talking about hurt feelings, and it takes the side of the protestors/rioters/terrorists, and justifies their anger by pointing a finger at some unknown filmaker. The very first words offered by the US were to condemn religious intolerance. everyone now says that it was the wrong statement to make, including Hillary and Obama.
So yes Romney was quite right notwithstanding the efforts by Obama's media partisans who have tried to make the events of the day all about Romney, instead of the disasterous and irresponsible foreign policy of Obama and Clinton. it's not going to fly. put lipstick on this pig and it's still a pig.

DJofSD
09-13-2012, 10:20 AM
That's not an apology, it's a condemnation of hate speech on both sides.
Careful. I never stated it was an apology. I merely added the text of the original web page to which Romney was refering in his comments.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Careful. I never stated it was an apology. I merely added the text of the original web page to which Romney was refering in his comments.My response was to those going on about apology this, apology that, not to anyone in particular.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Pro American rallies in Libya:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/09/does-not-represent-us-moving-photos-pro-american-rallies-libya/56803/

Wait, they're not ALL extremists hell bent on killing us?

elysiantraveller
09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
He supports those who hate us and attack us. He is more one of them than he is one of us.

No, Tom, he doesn't.

His policies have failed but what you said above is a blatant lie and doesn't bring us any closer to a tangible pathway forward. Attitudes like yours and some others on here are much more a part of the problem than any guidance toward a solution.

Dahoss9698
09-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Maybe it is his blood your smell. You have no class whatsoever. This happened because of people like you and mostie. Still laughing little girl?

You tell 'em Tom. Nothing SCREAMS class like posting the picture you have twice now.

Dahoss9698
09-13-2012, 10:52 AM
The single plan Obama has brought to the table in 4 years is tax the rich.
He has no other plans and no other strategies.

Take a break Tom....you're totally out of control.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Coming from you and your nonsense in this thread, I consider that a compliment. You are afraid to face the reality of what happened while several jerks here make jokes?

You whined about thread drift in another thread about remembering, but here you are offended by remembering yesterday.

That photo is what this thread is about not he stupid jokes and your continual hijacking of thread to pound your chest.

If you are offended, I am certainly not concerned.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Take a break Tom....you're totally out of control.

Much like your were Friday night? You think you know what control means? :lol:

Tom
09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
No, Tom, he doesn't.

His policies have failed but what you said above is a blatant lie and doesn't bring us any closer to a tangible pathway forward. Attitudes like yours and some others on here are much more a part of the problem than any guidance toward a solution.

I disagree - he refused to answer questions, he went back to deb while our ambassador was still missing, he flew to Vegas to raise money and he took time out to go one CBS and lie about Romney.

That is caring? It is attitudes that want to give this jerk a pass that are the problem.

Dahoss9698
09-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Coming from you and your nonsense in this thread, I consider that a compliment. You are afraid to face the reality of what happened while several jerks here make jokes?

You whined about thread drift in another thread about remembering, but here you are offended by remembering yesterday.

That photo is what this thread is about not he stupid jokes and your continual hijacking of thread to pound your chest.

If you are offended, I am certainly not concerned.

I'm not offended at all by the picture. I'm not afraid of the reality at all. In fact, just the opposite.

What it boils down to is YOU are afraid and don't know how to handle it. So you're posting like a tremendous machine (over 20 at 11am is embarrassing, no?) while making little to no sense.

Take a break....you need it.

Mike at A+
09-13-2012, 11:17 AM
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions."

NOW PAY ATTENTION

Regarding those "misguided individuals", I remind you of an "art exhibit" several years ago where a picture of the Virgin Mary was splattered with elephant dung and a crucifix was displayed in a jar of urine. It was defended by OUR GOVERNMENT as "art". Christians shook their heads in disbelief but that was the extent of their disapproval. There were no killings, no car bombs, no "fatwahs" on the "artists".

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 11:26 AM
No, Tom, he doesn't.

it is the truth, he does support enemies of the US, there can be no denying that. Libya, Egypt, Iran, just look at the result of his policies. he always comes down on the side of expanding Islamic control which is not in our interest.
nobody could have such horrible policies which weaken and embarrass us while emboldening our adversaries purely based on bad policies which were supposedly in our national interest. the man is never upset when we look bad, only when he looks bad. his dander gets up for people like Ryan and Romney. he'll talked about unconditionally meeting with adversaries like Ahmadinejad, but as far as Republicans or Israel goes, they can pound sand.
sometimes when it looks, sounds and acts like a duck it is a duck.
the one and only tangible pathway forward is to remove him from office asap.

elysiantraveller
09-13-2012, 11:30 AM
I disagree

Tom,

You said he supports those who attack and kill us... I'm sorry... thats horse%^&#.

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 11:31 AM
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions."

NOW PAY ATTENTION

Regarding those "misguided individuals", I remind you of an "art exhibit" several years ago where a picture of the Virgin Mary was splattered with elephant dung and a crucifix was displayed in a jar of urine. It was defended by OUR GOVERNMENT as "art". Christians shook their heads in disbelief but that was the extent of their disapproval. There were no killings, no car bombs, no "fatwahs" on the "artists".
In fact all of the statements regarding religious denigration or intolerance apply primarily to Muslims. they are the ones lopping off heads and murdering Christians for ages now. They are the greatest source of intolerance on the planet and are assisted by useful idiots in our own country.

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Tom,

You said he supports those who attack and kill us... I'm sorry... thats horse%^&#.
Islam has been at war with us for centuries and Obama is the greatest supporter of expanding Islamic states we have ever seen.
So sorry, Tom is right. Obama supports people who want to kill us.

elysiantraveller
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Islam has been at war with us for centuries and Obama is the greatest supporter of expanding Islamic states we have ever seen.
So sorry, Tom is right. Obama supports people who want to kill us.

Wow... well I guess I'm glad we don't have Tom and your's pseudo-genocidal, xenophobic, and narrow minded perspective in the White House.

Last I checked we've launched more anti-terrorist operations in the last few years, about 3x as many, as the entire 8 Bush was in office... But I digress, you are right Drones can't kill ALL of them (Muslims).

You both are on record saying the President of the United States doesn't care about American's getting killed, actually supports it. Your anger toward him has completely blinded your senses and perspective... I feel sorry for you.

DJofSD
09-13-2012, 12:33 PM
(Reuters) - The U.S. government had nothing to do with a film about the Prophet Mohammad that has triggered anti-American protests in Muslim countries, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Thursday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-usa-clinton-film-idUSBRE88C0TQ20120913

Tom
09-13-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-warns-muslim-brotherhood-and-iran-forming-new-terror-axis/

While on the surface, the Arab Spring was supposedly “pro-democracy” and Egypt and Libya’s former leaders Hosni Mubarak and Muammar Gaddafi respectively were overthrown to “free” these nations’ people from oppressive dictatorships, it soon came to light that the United States helped to fund, train, and run the Al Qaeda/Muslim Brotherhood (http://www.infowars.com/whose-spring-the-cias-hand-in-the-rise-of-islamists-and-international-terrorist-groups/) that were linked to these revolutions in order to ultimately serve U.S. nation-building interests in both countries.

The U.S. has also backed Al Qaeda rebels in Syria (http://www.infowars.com/un-designates-free-syrian-army-affiliates-as-al-qaeda/), and our government has called multiple times for regime change there in its attempt to continue taking over the region. As our offensive empire building continues across the Middle East, the White House is having a harder and harder time keeping its stories straight on who we support and why.

dartman51
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Another armchair general. All too willing to declare war at the slightest provocation. Who are we going to war with. The country of Libya did not attack our consulate. Did you know that ten Libyan security guards died defending the embassy. Did you know that the attack was not an attack by a mob. There were small arms involved; rocket propelled grenades and maybe even artillery. Did you know that it was the Libyan military that regained control of the embassy.

I looked for a story on the 10 Libyan security guards, couldn't find it, maybe you can point me in the right direction. And for the record, not that it really matters, I "celebrated" my 19th birthday in the jungles of Vietnam, trying not to get my ass shot off. :ThmbUp:

dartman51
09-13-2012, 01:06 PM

by The Associated Press

more at the link

By condemning the film, it was the same as saying they sympathized with the attackers. Those Embassy grounds are SOVEREIGN U.S TERRITORY. It was attacked. It would have been no different, if they had attacked Monroe NY, and you want to excuse it because of a film?? :(

dartman51
09-13-2012, 01:08 PM
From what I have seen, Fox pays an inordinate amout of ass kissin time to John Bolton.

I don't think he is the one to set foreign policy unless it is for mustache wax tariffs

http://www.sadlyno.com/wordpress/uploads/2009/09/yosemite-sam.png John Bolton was a U.S Ambassador, I believe he knows a little more than you do, on foreign policy. :ThmbUp:

BlueShoe
09-13-2012, 01:15 PM
From what the rest of us have seen, every other network except Fox pays an inordinate amount of ass kissin time to Barack Obama. Where was the Appeaser-In-Chief during the Mid-East crisis? Answer; he was in Las Vegas raising money and then taping a late night talk show appearence. How has he responded to the taking of American lives and the destruction of our property? By apologizing to the savages for "hurting the religeous feelings of Muslims." Military response? He sends a pair of destroyers to cruise off of the Libyan coast. When will America and rest of the West wake up and realize that unless we cut the throats of these evil barbarians first, most surely they will cut ours.

dartman51
09-13-2012, 01:16 PM

It's funny how you guys continue to rail about FOX NEWS, when they continually get voted the MOST TRUSTED NEWS SOURCE. Just because they don't PANDER to Obama, and the MSM continues to attack them, you and others here think they are less than trustworthy. I would expect nothing less from the MSM, than to take EVERY opportunity to attack Romney. It's WHAT THEY DO. That's why people like you continue to watch, they are 'preaching to the choir" :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
anyone seen any reports of huge counterprotests by the so-called young "moderate" Muslims yearning for democracy and freedom, in support of the US and condemning the attacks in Libya and Egypt?

dartman51
09-13-2012, 01:23 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!!! For all you Romney haters. HENRY KISSINGER agrees with Romney, NOT Obama. :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
09-13-2012, 01:31 PM
What's this I am starting to hear, the marines had no live ammo?

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!!! For all you Romney haters. HENRY KISSINGER agrees with Romney, NOT Obama. :ThmbUp:That's a surprise? Kissinger endorsed Romney a long time ago.. he even headlined a fundraiser for him at Trump Tower :rolleyes: .

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 02:22 PM
What's this I am starting to hear, the marines had no live ammo?Ain't it obvious? Obama neutered our Marines because he values the lives of Muslim scum over our own brave servicemen :mad:

N'OBAMAAA!! IS THERE NO END TO YOUR TREACHERY??!!??
http://www.funny-pictures.biz/enraged.jpg

newtothegame
09-13-2012, 02:23 PM
And here I thought that Obama was going to push candy colored rainbows to every corner of the earth and have all the world loving us as their brothers.....
:bang:
Seems that FAILED as well........!!!!

Tom
09-13-2012, 02:26 PM
What's this I am starting to hear, the marines had no live ammo?

Also, security at the Libyan embassy was not as good as at others, what they called a lock and key security plan.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/morning-examiner-why-didnt-obama-better-protect-benghazi-consulate/article/2507864

Further, Intelligence people are coming out and claiming that they had been told to stand down and not offend the locals in the area by "spying" on them.

Also, on 9/12, the day after the embassy murders and flag burnings, Obama, according to the Official White House daily activity summary, skipped the morning briefing altogether and instead took a printed copy of it with him - to Vegas. No head to head meeting with questions.....a printed copy only. The Libyan Embassy had been attacked once already this year.

Several eye-witness accounts have the Libyan police point out the hiding place of the staff, which led to their capture, beating, sodomizing, and murder. The POLICE. The current Libyan head of state came to power over a month ago, but Obama had not yet talked to him.

Meanwhile, he was on cBS telling them he had no idea if Egypt was a friend or enemy. He will find out soon enough - while he has no time to meet with our trusted ally Israel next week, he has already invited Muslim Brotherhood, a terrorist organization and enemy of the US, to the WH next week. What kind of beer do Egyptians drink?

bigmack
09-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Ain't it obvious?
Touching, your continued ridicule of any criticism of BO.

When do you suppose your head will allow you to see/hear any criticism of him that, that brain of yours can accept?

Not as if it matters.

boxcar
09-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Ain't it obvious? Obama neutered our Marines because he values the lives of Muslim scum over our own brave servicemen

That would sound quite plausible. You wouldn't be err..."surprised" if this report turns out to be true, would you? Of course, that's assuming any factual report gets to see the light of day, which to me would be surprising, given what BO is.

Boxcar

Tom
09-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Ain't it obvious? Obama neutered our Marines because he values the lives of Muslim scum over our own brave servicemen :mad:

http://www.funny-pictures.biz/enraged.jpg

I hate to spoil your fun, but we are talking about murder Americans, sodomized ambassadors, and a total failure by the government to protect them, so maybe you and hcap could go post your cartoons in the Dancing Vaginas thread, where you both will be more at home. Your dishonoring the dead is inappropriate, even for you two.

But what’s worse? No Marines or unarmed Marines?

There’s a disquieting report (http://www.kforcegov.com/Services/IS/NightWatch/NightWatch_12000175.aspx) in Thursday morning’s NightWatch blog that claims the Marines 700 miles away in Cairo were barred from carrying live ammunition as the U.S. Embassy in Egypt came under attack:

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2012/09/13/whats-worse-no-marines-or-possibly-unarmed-marines/#ixzz26NMjWRLO

but the “interim” facility in Benghazi apparently was defended only by a handful of U.S. security officers and local hires. The Marines have let it be known that the two unidentified U.S. officials who died at Benghazi were not Marines.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Touching, your continued ridicule of any criticism of BO.
When do you suppose your head will allow you to see/hear any criticism of him that, that brain of yours can accept?
I accept fair criticism just fine, but reject and mock the unfair, ridiculous, absurd, preposterous, laughable, sickening, etc, etc, etc.

Which do you think there's more of us on this board? Here's a hint, the last 24 hrs would be an accurate barometer.. :faint:

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Also, security at the Libyan embassy was not as good as at others, what they called a lock and key security plan.

this is what the media should be grilling Hillary about. She's responsible for the security of our embassies. instead they're ranting about whether or not Romney spoke too soon, give me a break.
these people were sitting there like ducks on the pond, no fortifications, simple locks, no marines only local security. even the marines in Cairo are not allowed to have bullets! Clinton and Obama should be in the hot seat for a failed foreign policy and lax security resulting in death and mayhem.
Egypt was a major ally, now Obama the brilliant tactician isn't sure anymore, that is until some grownups got to him to correct his statement from yesterday.

bigmack
09-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Which do you think there's more of us on this board? Here's a hint, the last 24 hrs would be an accurate barometer.
Some people feel strongly about 4 dead, including an ambassador being sodomized and killed. Go figure.

You don't. So be it.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Some people feel strongly about 4 dead, including an ambassador being sodomized and killed. Go figure.
You don't. So be it.Obviously. Remember, feeling strongly about something means howling like a rabid dog and advocating all the things the aforementioned dead fought against, right? That's honor..

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Egypt's Muslim Organizations Call for Christian Genocide (http://www.aina.org/news/20120814192711.htm)

An image of a copy of the letter appears on El Fegr's website. Titled "An
Urgent and Important Notice," it begins by calling on "all brothers and
sisters" to "kill or physically attack the enemies of the religion of
Allah--the Christians in all of Egypt's provinces, the slaves of the Cross,
Allah's curse upon them…" It proceeds to promise a monetary reward for whoever helps "achieve Allah's rights against his enemies."

As a testimony to how safe the jihadi organizations of today's Egypt feel
under the new president, the Muslim Brotherhood's Muhammad Morsi, the usual
cryptic language is dropped, as the letter names contact points and even a
mosque, Sheikh Ahmed Mosque in Kasfrit, where those interested should rally
"after Friday prayers where new members to the organization will be
welcomed."

This genocide has been called until Egypt's Christians "return to the truth,"
a reference apparently meaning that Egypt's Christians must either embrace "the
truth"--that is, Islam, which they must convert to--or else return to the
truths of the religion, which holds that Christians must embrace their subhuman dhimmi status (Koran 9:29).

Both forced conversions and dhimmi status for Christians are a regular
feature of Egypt's landscape, past and present.

Subsequent news reports cite the growing fear and terror among Egypt's
Christian population.

bigmack
09-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Obviously. Remember, feeling strongly about something means howling like a rabid dog and advocating all the things the aforementioned dead fought against, right? That's honor..
Find a mirror.

DJ merely posted - " What's this I am starting to hear, the marines had no live ammo? "

And you posted -

Get a grip, would ya?

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Get a grip, would ya?Yeah, reading thru this thread, I'm the one that should get a grip.. :blush: :bang:

bigmack
09-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, reading thru this thread, I'm the one that should get a grip.
Don't devalue your contribution. Your outrage at innocuous posts is equally hyperbolic.

hcap
09-13-2012, 03:19 PM
John Bolton was a U.S Ambassador, I believe he knows a little more than you do, on foreign policy. :ThmbUp:

John Robert Bolton (born November 20, 1948) is an American lawyer and diplomat who has served in several Republican administrations. Appointed on a recess appointment, he served as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from August 2005 until December 2006. He resigned in December 2006, when the recess appointment would have otherwise ended, because he was unlikely to win senate confirmation.

Yosemite Sam had more experience

YEE-HA !!

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Don't devalue your contribution. Your outrage at innocuous posts is equally hyperbolic.My "outrage" was a shot at the tone and content of many previous posts in this thread, not at DJ's.

Cripes. :rolleyes:

bigmack
09-13-2012, 03:23 PM
My "outrage" was a shot at the tone and content of many previous posts in this thread, not at DJ's.

Cripes. :rolleyes:
Ohhhhhh. That explains it.

TaTa now.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Ohhhhhh. That explains it.
Right, cuz it wasn't obvious or anything. :sleeping:

Tom
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
My outrage was at a US ambassador being kidnapped, beat up, sodomized, and murdered. Trivial stuff in the greater scope of this tread, it seems.

bigmack
09-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Right, cuz it wasn't obvious or anything. :sleeping:
Such a clever girl you are.

Greyfox
09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Anyone who isn't outraged about what happened in Libya is an idiot.

Violence and protests against the U.S. have been reported this week in;
Iraq, Libya, Egypt,and Tunisia. The U.S. Consulate in Berlin has been evacuated.
The Prime Minister of Israel has been snubbed in his request to meet with Obama.
Absolutely S.F.A. has been done to curb Iran's nuclear production.
Nothing has been resolved in Afghanistan.
And Pelosi chimes in that she's still very much in favor of foreign aid to Egypt.

Yep. Obama's foreign diplomacy approach is sure working eh. :rolleyes:

boxcar
09-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Yep. Obama's foreign diplomacy approach is sure working eh. :rolleyes:

It's only because poor lil' ol' Baracky has had to deal with Bush's foreign policy legacy all these years. Don't you know? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
if denigrating someone's religion is such a horrible offense to Obama, then why does he accept millions of dollars from the offensive and odious Bill Maher? is there a bigger denigrator of religion in this country? how come nobody is rioting and burning down government buildings over his movie?
I call it weapons grade hypocrisy, bow down and shut the hell up if it offends Islam, but everything else is defended as free speech.

hcap
09-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Various views worth considering...

NYT: "An extraordinary lack of presidential character"

Washington Post: "A discredit to his campaign"

Los Angeles Times: "An outrageous exercise in opportunism."

Boston Globe: “His statement was offensive on many other levels…Romney’s actions raise more doubts about himself
than Obama.

Philadelphia Inquirer: “Mitt Romney didn't wait for expert assessments to use the four diplomats' deaths to launch his own verbal assault.”

Miami Herald: “Profoundly inappropriate”

Tampa Bay Times: “The Republican nominee continued to exploit the situation”

Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel:
“Irresponsible. And totally unwarranted.
GOP's criticism unwarranted"

Sarasota Herald-Tribune: “Prematurely lobbed off-base criticism”

Cleveland Plain Dealer: “Mitt Romney's trigger finger was so quick that he didn't even get it right”

Boulder Daily Camera: “For someone whose campaign has been studded with tone-deafness abroad, this was stunning, undiplomatic and undemocratic rhetoric.”

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “Yes, it was sad and pathetic to see such callous and uninformed statements from politicians who couldn't wait until they had the facts to use an international incident for political gain.”

Fox News: President Obama is wrong no matter what

PA Off Topic: NoBama is a POS, traitor, secretive Muslim born in Kenya .... and Michele is an ugly bitch in a shitty dress.

mostpost
09-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Reuters is reporting that Libyan has made four arrests in connection with the attack on the American embassy in Bengadzi. More arrests are expected.

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 05:06 PM
those headlines are hilarious, the onion could use material like that.
to any average person Romney looked and came across like a leader, and would support what he said. the left went haywire over this to protect dear leader who once again came off as an incompetent. too funny.

TrifectaMike
09-13-2012, 05:10 PM
PA Off Topic: NoBama is a POS, traitor, secretive Muslim born in Kenya .... (untrue) and Michele is an ugly bitch in a shitty dress (a fact).

Mike

dartman51
09-13-2012, 05:17 PM
John Robert Bolton (born November 20, 1948) is an American lawyer and diplomat who has served in several Republican administrations. Appointed on a recess appointment, he served as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from August 2005 until December 2006. He resigned in December 2006, when the recess appointment would have otherwise ended, because he was unlikely to win senate confirmation.

Yosemite Sam had more experience

YEE-HA !!

Typical, once again your intelligence, or lack thereof, shows. The FACT that he spent a year on the job, proves that he has MORE foreign policy experience than you. And THAT was my statement. But, that's ok, at least you get to, once again, show you childish behavior with you cartoons. Now we know where you are coming from....CARTOON NETWORK. :ThmbUp:

dartman51
09-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Various views worth considering...

NYT: "An extraordinary lack of presidential character"

Washington Post: "A discredit to his campaign"

Los Angeles Times: "An outrageous exercise in opportunism."

Boston Globe: “His statement was offensive on many other levels…Romney’s actions raise more doubts about himself
than Obama.

Philadelphia Inquirer: “Mitt Romney didn't wait for expert assessments to use the four diplomats' deaths to launch his own verbal assault.”

Miami Herald: “Profoundly inappropriate”

Tampa Bay Times: “The Republican nominee continued to exploit the situation”

Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel:
“Irresponsible. And totally unwarranted.
GOP's criticism unwarranted"

Sarasota Herald-Tribune: “Prematurely lobbed off-base criticism”

Cleveland Plain Dealer: “Mitt Romney's trigger finger was so quick that he didn't even get it right”

Boulder Daily Camera: “For someone whose campaign has been studded with tone-deafness abroad, this was stunning, undiplomatic and undemocratic rhetoric.”

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “Yes, it was sad and pathetic to see such callous and uninformed statements from politicians who couldn't wait until they had the facts to use an international incident for political gain.”

Fox News: President Obama is wrong no matter what

PA Off Topic: NoBama is a POS, traitor, secretive Muslim born in Kenya .... and Michele is an ugly bitch in a shitty dress.

And you just proved that you are just as big of an idiot as all those left wing rags are. You seem more upset about what our next President had to say, than the heinous acts that took place. But that's not a surprise, you act much like our current President. :ThmbUp:

hcap
09-13-2012, 05:23 PM
But, that's ok, at least you get to, once again, show you childish behavior with you cartoons. Now we know where you are coming from....CARTOON NETWORK. :ThmbUp:

What? you mean to yell me that this

http://www.sadlyno.com/wordpress/uploads/2009/09/yosemite-sam.png is not a real photo of Bolton.

Gee wilikers

BlueShoe
09-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Reuters is reporting that Libyan has made four arrests in connection with the attack on the American embassy in Bengadzi. More arrests are expected.
Meanwhile, as I type these words, large numbers of "The Religion of Peace" are conducting anti American rioting in Egypt. Also today, there was debate in Congress as to continuing foreign aid to Egypt and Libya. Of course the liberal Democrats are for sending more money to these "friends and allies" of ours, while at the same time the Obama administration continues to snub the Israelis.

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 05:37 PM
the democrat legacy of failures lives on, channeling the greatest.

oQRxW-_MZCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRxW-_MZCs&feature=player_embedded

Mike at A+
09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Have you ever heard the term "fall guy"?

bigmack
09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
In that video clip, we have BO in a future 60 Minutes piece. A preview of an upcoming show, where he's commenting on Romney, on a day when 4 were killed, he rolled off to Vegas and then scooted into Denver and STILL had the time to shoot 60 Minutes and comment about RM.

WOW. Some kinda balls on that mulatto.

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 05:42 PM
some nerve to talk about shoot first and ask questions later, because it's exactly what we did in Egypt and Libya. We helped to railroad those leaders from power without any consideration as to who would take over, or if it would be more stable or in our interest. nope they had to go now, because it was a democratic revolution don't ya know!

and here we are a year later and this clown is not sure if Egypt is or is not an ally. what a mastermind.

TJDave
09-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Some kinda balls on that mulatto.

Balls and mulatto used in the same sentence.

That's something you don't hear everyday. ;)

bigmack
09-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Balls and mulatto used in the same sentence.
That's something you don't hear everyday. ;)
I'd best PC that up. Let's go cojones & half black, half white.

Now my conscience is clear. :D

Mike at A+
09-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I'd best PC that up. Let's go cojones & half black, half white.

Now my conscience is clear. :D
Zebra jewels

bigmack
09-13-2012, 07:10 PM
You have GOT to read this.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/Anti-IslamFilmmakerWentbyPJTobaccoand13OtherNames-DangerRoom-Wiredcom.png
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/09/anti-islam-flick/all/

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Obviously. Remember, feeling strongly about something means howling like a rabid dog and advocating all the things the aforementioned dead fought against, right? That's honor..

Yeah, like blowing it off like no big deal (you)

Of course your leader chose to sleep in during the crisis, fly to Vegas, attend a fund raiser, then blandly say "it's been a tough day". I can see why you could care less....Monkey see, monkey do

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
You tell 'em Tom. Nothing SCREAMS class like posting the picture you have twice now.As far as Middle East murders go, that picture was comparatively tame...enough so that it was on the cover of the NY Daily News (not exactly known as a hard-core right-wing paper, like the NY Post).

I almost deleted it from here, and agree, once was enough.

johnhannibalsmith
09-13-2012, 07:33 PM
RE: BIG MACK'S POST

I read that earlier. Funny that he thought that people would believe he wasn't the acronym used considering it's a recycled theme in many of his other scam names. Sounds like a real gem. I did like Kritbag Difrat the most, surely he was going for Rat Fi(n)k Dirtbag.

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Egypt's Muslim Organizations Call for Christian Genocide (http://www.aina.org/news/20120814192711.htm)

Same tone as bin Laden's infamous plea for violence against Americans, Jews, and the west.

I would say "here we go again" but when we (Obama) chose to lead from the back of the vehicle in that region, this is what we get. Say what you want about Fox news, but they had one after another foreign relations types say we were headed in this direction by allowing the vacuum of power prior to this week

bigmack
09-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Funny that he thought that people would believe he wasn't the acronym used considering it's a recycled theme in many of his other scam names.
Beautiful. A full length video funded by identity theft dough.

It's fairly clear why they're protesting. Poor production values & bad beards.

mjoa3QazVy8&bpctr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjoa3QazVy8&bpctr=1347581912

I knew he wasn't no Yid.
You got that right.

TJDave
09-13-2012, 07:46 PM
You have GOT to read this.

I knew he wasn't no Yid.

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
What a wide array of reporting. On the way home on NPR the very little they spoke of the killings and riots was a long the line of "Libyans, Egyptiand and Yemenese demonstrators caused havoc b/c of a film that they deemed insulting to Islam"

I get home, turn on CNN at 6:07pm, i see a video of a crowd all yelling "Obama is Guilty! Obama is guilty!".....over and over again

Two very different reports.

Wwhich leads me to.....These Muslim mobs are destroying our property, kill our people, drag them thru the streets, yell Obama's name in hatred....The film had zero to do with these mobs killing and destroying.....They're screaming Obama's name. Not the film's content

What's the "change" here? Things are worse. Much worse.

ArlJim78
09-13-2012, 08:47 PM
for any real reporting you have to go overseas.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US
State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the
consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be
targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and
"lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

of course all these details are secondary to whether or not Mitt Romney spoke out of turn, that is the real crux of this story.

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Kind of a low-scale "bin Laden determined to attack US" memo, only this time, unlike in 2001, dates, names and places are provided, and still, the attack was allowed to happen.

On 9/11 no less.

Not trying to equivocate the two events, obviously. Just drawing a parallel.

Those who criticized Bush for doing nothing ought to be pretty upset about this, considering it appears this REALLY COULD have been TOTALLY AVOIDED.

bigmack
09-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Delightful - This is HUGE

The killings of the US ambassador to Libya and three of his staff were likely to have been the result of a serious and continuing security breach, The Independent can reveal.

American officials believe the attack was planned, but Chris Stevens had been back in the country only a short while and the details of his visit to Benghazi, where he and his staff died, were meant to be confidential.

The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the "safe house" in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed "safe".

Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Meanwhile, as I type these words, large numbers of "The Religion of Peace" are conducting anti American rioting in Egypt. Also today, there was debate in Congress as to continuing foreign aid to Egypt and Libya. Of course the liberal Democrats are for sending more money to these "friends and allies" of ours, while at the same time the Obama administration continues to snub the Israelis.

Obama says he doesn't know it Egypt is an ally or an enemy, but he planning on giving them another 1.6 billion.

Let's rename Egypt Solyndra.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Meanwhile, riots are spreading.....Cairo expected to explode soon. Obama's foreign policy of apologize and appease has come full circle. His presidency pretty much started in Cairo, and it may well end there.

Friday is a holy day ( :confused: ) and it seems when muslims go into prayer, they are inspired to come out and murder people.

Oh, what a beautiful religion.

Tom
09-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Canada gets it.....

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/49477

While snubbing Israel's prime minister, Obama will be shaking hands and conversing at the United Nations with a man who is welcoming the Hamas terrorist group - the offspring of Morsi's own Muslim Brotherhood

Egyptian President Morsi said during his election campaign: “The Koran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader, jihad is our path and death in the name of Allah is our goal (also translated as “highest hope”).”

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Kind of a low-scale "bin Laden determined to attack US" memo, only this time, unlike in 2001, dates, names and places are provided, and still, the attack was allowed to happen.

On 9/11 no less.

Not trying to equivocate the two events, obviously. Just drawing a parallel.

Those who criticized Bush for doing nothing ought to be pretty upset about this, considering it appears this REALLY COULD have been TOTALLY AVOIDED.

Nailed it.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Looks like you blew a gasket....now if we could get you half as worked up over Americans being killed and paraded in the streets....Aw nevermind. Right back atcha btwI would suggest that not only are you not upset that americans were killed and paraded in the streets, you're actually glad it happened. And you're hoping there's more to come.

FantasticDan
09-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Still no mention of Terry Jones in this thread. How surprising.

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Also, on 9/12, the day after the embassy murders and flag burnings, Obama, according to the Official White House daily activity summary, skipped the morning briefing altogether and instead took a printed copy of it with him - to Vegas. No head to head meeting with questions.....a printed copy only. The Libyan Embassy had been attacked once already this year.

Not sure if this has been posted before......the day before the attacks, Marc Thiessen wrote this (title below)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-is-obama-skipping-more-than-half-of-his-daily-intelligence-meetings/2012/09/10/6624afe8-fb49-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html

Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I would suggest that not only are you not upset that americans were killed and paraded in the streets, you're actually glad it happened. And you're hoping there's more to come.

Not only is that not true, it doesn't get me worked up in the least. :p

One more thing....Capitalize the "A" when you spell "Americans", please! :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
09-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Not only is that not true, it doesn't get me worked up in the least. :p Oh, I think it IS true.. what's more important to all you hard-right pukes on this board than attacking Obama? The majority of posts in the this thread speak for themselves.. you'd love for it to continue.

What's your opinion of Terry Jones, by the way. Good guy? Patriot?

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Oh, I think it IS true.. what's more important to all you hard-right pukes on this board than attacking Obama? The majority of posts in the this thread speak for themselves.. you'd love for it to continue.

Odd....In my posts I clearly wish Obama didn't have his head up his arss so Americans would not be killed and dragged thru streets overseas while a crowd chants anti American rhetoric.

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't want to see it continue....., nor did I want to see it at all. In fact, it shouldn't have. It was totally avoidable. Let's hope he attends some of those boring daily security briefings he's been absent from, shall we.

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 12:15 AM

Who is Terry Jones? The koran burning preacher / pastor / minister? No strong opinion...why would you ask?

PhantomOnTour
09-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Who is Terry Jones? The koran burning preacher / pastor / minister? No strong opinion...why would you ask?
That's him

He asks because i think Jones has had some involvement in showing or promoting the "film" that sent the Muslims into a violent frenzy

FantasticDan
09-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Who is Terry Jones? The koran burning preacher / pastor / minister? No strong opinion...why would you ask?Yeah, you're really in the loop about what sparked all these riots.. I mean, other than Obama.. :bang:

"No strong opinion".. classic.. :sleeping:

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah, you're really in the loop about what sparked all these riots.. I mean, other than Obama.. :bang:

You're taking a national tragedy and deflecting, but I'll play

Wwhat Terry Jones did (burning a koran a yr ago) was stupid, Danny. I'd never do it. You'd never do it. But we have something called Freedom of Speech. I can't deny anyone that right. Neither can you. A lot of people have done and said things not smart (i.e., dixie Chicks) that they'd like to take back.

Same for this filmmaker that tried his hand at a meth lab gig....the guy is an idiot. But we live in a free society, do we not? He has the freedom to speak his mind, express his talent, however good or bad that may be.

Are we crystal on this? If you wanna go back and forth on some preacher in the south, maybe you should start a new thread...I'll be up for an hour (I'm one of those employed people) so if you need more back n forth on this lite up another thread

bigmack
09-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Yeah, you're really in the loop about what sparked all these riots.. I mean, other than Obama.. :bang:

"No strong opinion".. classic..
You angry tonight. It doesn't work for you.

Must admit, I was out of the loop on the TJ connection ass well.

You're good on the super highway. Jones has his response right there in B&W.

The Florida pastor, who is promoting the movie that fueled attacks on U.S. missions in Libya and Egypt, admits negative portrayals of the Prophet Muhammad could cause violence, but tells The Daily Beast he never regrets exercising free speech.

Yep, there ya have it. His response & everythang.

Whatcha gonna do - Beat him up over free speech?

Yeah. That'd be cool. :ThmbUp:

FIGHT - FIGHT - FIGHT

PhantomOnTour
09-14-2012, 12:35 AM
It was a dumb and provocative idea to make and release such a film, even if the filmmaker was within his right to do so.
Sadly, some folks don't realize that just because you have the right doesn't mean that it is right.

The reaction in parts of the Muslim world is downright barbaric and ridiculously mis-aimed (if that's even a word...lol).
We identified the nationality of the 9/11 attackers, but note how Americans refrained from storming their embassies and burnin & lootin & killin their citizens....and what happened then was far worse than the release of a movie.

This is the action of a desperate people.

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 12:38 AM
That's him

He asks because i think Jones has had some involvement in showing or promoting the "film" that sent the Muslims into a violent frenzy

Thank you SINCERELY, POT. I needed the clarification.

The film has nothing to do with the attack and killings in Libya. Diane Feinstein yesterday on CNN said this looks like an organized attack, ala Al Qqueda. Not an emotional outburst of violence over a film.

Aagain I go back over what I saw in Egypt today on CNN.....People in the streets yelling "Obama is Guilty" over and over again. It's clear we (America) is/ are the enemy to them. Not a film maker nor preacher

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 12:44 AM
It was a dumb and provocative idea to make and release such a film, even if the filmmaker was within his right to do so.
Sadly, some folks don't realize that just because you have the right doesn't mean that it is right.

The reaction in parts of the Muslim world is downright barbaric and ridiculously mis-aimed (if that's even a word...lol).
We identified the nationality of the 9/11 attackers, but note how Americans refrained from storming their embassies and burnin & lootin & killin their citizens....and what happened then was far worse than the release of a movie.

This is the action of a desperate people.

POT,

Thanks for the post. Question: what would you do? Deny him freedom of speech? Put him in prison? Deny his right to release?

I'm not coming at you from the backside on this, it's an honest query. On one hand most Americans (me included) would prefer films like that not be released, but that's not what our country is built on. We can't deny freedoms based on religious beliefs, right?

PhantomOnTour
09-14-2012, 12:52 AM
POT,

Thanks for the post. Question: what would you do? Deny him freedom of speech? Put him in prison? Deny his right to release?

I'm not coming at you from the backside on this, it's an honest query. On one hand most Americans (me included) would prefer films like that not be released, but that's not what our country is built on. We can't deny freedoms based on religious beliefs, right?
Honestly, i would tell the guy he's an idiot, but i wouldn't burn his house down :D
Can't stop people from exercising their right to be dumb, i guess

FantasticDan
09-14-2012, 12:54 AM
There are videos out there now of how the people who participated in the film were duped as to its content.. I saw a better one earlier on ABC, but I can't find it, so this will have to do..

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/anti-islam-film/index.html

The person who made the movie did it for one reason: to foment hate and provoke a reaction, as Phantom said. Yes, it's free speech, but it's hate speech. And then the film was additionally supported and promoted by Jones. How did it even end up on Egyptian TV? It's creators wanted it there to elicit the violent reaction they knew it would..

I can't say that the terrorist attack on the embassy wouldn't have happened without the backdrop of all these protests and mobs, but it sure didn't help.

And again, when the embassy simply rejects the use of hate speech by any source, they're attacked as being apologists.

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 01:06 AM
There are videos out there now of how the people who participated in the film were duped as to its content.. I saw a better one earlier on ABC, but I can't find it, so this will have to do..

The person who made the movie did it for one reason: to foment hate and provoke a reaction, as Phantom said. Yes, it's free speech, but it's hate speech. And then the film was additionally supported and promoted by Jones. How did it even end up on Egyptian TV? It's creators wanted it there to elicit the violent reaction they knew it would..

I can't say that the terrorist attack on the embassy wouldn't have happened without the backdrop of all these protests and mobs, but it sure didn't help.

And again, when the embassy simply rejects the use of hate speech by any source, they're attacked as being apologists.

re: last paragraph. Only knowing what I've seen and heard, I'd agree. The only thing confusing to me is why did they take it off the website (or whatever) it was posted on? On CNN there's a lot of sideways talking about this, trying to make it out as if it was some misunderstanding......but in general I'd agree with your assessment of the note, at least what I saw of it.....and agree to disagree with those of a different opinion than mine.

Aas for the film, yeah it's a bs move.....But the filmmaker (cough) is in his right to his belief, even his sleight of hand tactic. No one I know personally on the Right agrees nor approves of Bacile (sp) in any manner.

But the point here is, the film had nothing to do with the killings and the attack in Libya. That's per govt officials I've seen and heard including Feinstein. Egypt, I dunno , but for the Libya attack, the film had nothing to do with the killings.

That's the reason for MY anger towards teh administration, Dan. This was avoidable, but a lack of leadership led to much if not all of this. I know you don't see it that way, but looking at the facts, I do

PhantomOnTour
09-14-2012, 01:06 AM

Agreed.
I also read where the actors claim to have been duped

bigmack
09-14-2012, 01:17 AM
The person who made the movie did it for one reason: to foment hate and provoke a reaction, as Phantom said. Yes, it's free speech, but it's hate speech.
The person who did it, did time for cooking meth. Oh, and bank fraud. And that pesky ID theft.

Are you not familiar with fringe elements of society? I heard once that people shot a snuff film. Blow a gasket! No wait, you want to blow a gasket over this; A PoS little dopey video.

Did ya happen to see the exhibit in NY a few years back? A crucifix in a jar of piss. And THAT WAS sponsored by the US Gubment.

Blow a gasket! No? That doesn't get ya goin' either?

Man, you picky about outrage. :rolleyes:

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 01:38 AM
The person who did it, did time for cooking meth. Oh, and bank fraud. And that pesky ID theft.

Are you not familiar with fringe elements of society? I heard once that people shot a snuff film. Blow a gasket! No wait, you want to blow a gasket over this; A PoS little dopey video.

Did ya happen to see the exhibit in NY a few years back? A crucifix in a jar of piss. And THAT WAS sponsored by the US Gubment.

Blow a gasket! No? That doesn't get ya goin' either?

Man, you picky about outrage. :rolleyes:

Aand Ozzie Osborne pissed on the Alamo wall from what i hear...Did the cops beat the shit out of him or kill him over it? No. It's not what we do here in the US

Stupid people do stupid shit. Doesn't mean you're given license to kill innocent people over it

On cnn Anderson cooper is blaming this entire thing on the film....knowing full well US officials know better & have said the film had nothing to do with the killings..... Talk about SLEIGHT OF HAND and duping an audience. Bacile (sp) has nothing on Anderson Cooper

johnhannibalsmith
09-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Too many FanDan posts without a cartoon.

GcsWQvqREnc

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2012, 02:16 AM
I would suggest that not only are you not upset that americans were killed and paraded in the streets, you're actually glad it happened. And you're hoping there's more to come.Ah...now the real far-left instanity shows it's TRUE ugly head...

Didn't think it would take 200 replies to happen...thought you would fire this salvo much sooner.

I bet you were jumping up and down with glee when the towers fell and the stock market crashed a week later...cause hey...that was bad for Bush, right buddy?

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2012, 02:32 AM
I say as long as crucifixes standing in jars of urine are deemed ART in this country (and supported by tax dollars if I'm not mistaken...or maybe it was that Virgin Mary painting smeared with elephant dung), then any movie deemed highly offensive to Muslims should be shown as often as possible.

If nothing else, it will serve to remind everyone how insanely hypocritical some people are depending on the religion being offended.

But then again, I guess if modern-day Christians (as opposed to the nutty Christians of yore, who thankfully have grown up and become civilized) went around slaughtering people at the drop of an offensive hat, then the White House would be apologizing to them too, 'cause everyone is scared shitless of Muslims for some reason (might be because a certain subset of them enjoy going around carving up infidels like Thanksgiving-day turkeys, I don't know).

The funniest thing is that in this world, we usually lock up psychopaths in insane asylums so that they don't go around killing people for no reason.

But radical Muslims? They get apologized to by the highest office in the world.

And FantasticDan (along with a few others) thinks PaceAdvantage off-topic is the problem... :lol:

ArlJim78
09-14-2012, 07:25 AM
the attack on our embassy had nothing to do with a film, just like the Chicago teachers strike has nothing to do with helping kids.
for anyone offended by a film the response should be, "oh too bad, then don't watch it"

ArlJim78
09-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Egypt's General Intelligence Service warned that a jihadi group is
planning to launch terrorist attacks against the US and Israeli embassies in
Cairo, according to a report Tuesday by Egypt
Independent, citing a secret letter obtained by Al-Masry Al-Youm.

According to the report, the attack is being planned by Global Jihad, the group suspected of killing 16 Egyptian border guards in Sinai on August 5.

Al-Masry Al-Youm reportedly obtained a copy of the September 4 letter, sent to all Egyptian security sectors, warning that Sinai- and Gaza-based Global Jihad cells were planning attacks on the two embassies.

Egypt's military is engaged in an ongoing campaign to root out Sinai-based terrorists.

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=284684

so a September 4th letter indicated that attacks were being planned. looks like we did nothing about it and after the fact engaged in a manhunt for an American moviemaker and a full scale dressing down of words Romney used to describe these events. really got our eyes on the ball eh?

Tom
09-14-2012, 07:40 AM
That's him

Has nothing to do with anything.
He is FREE to do what he wishes.
You cannot blame the ravages of savages on him.
Is the little boy who tries to pet a pit bull responsible for being bit?

The muslim reaction is the problem - the root cause of it is they are not civilized. His action and the film are poor taste, insulting, disgusting, uncalled for, and also no excuse for the rioting. These are the same brains-dead animals who rioted over cartoons.

The middle east will NEVER be civilized......deal with it.
We are far better off supporting the jack-booted dictators over there - that is all that keeps the leashes on them dogs.

To leave an embassy basically unprotected over there is criminal.

Tom
09-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh, I think it IS true.. what's more important to all you hard-right pukes on this board than attacking Obama? The majority of posts in the this thread speak for themselves.. you'd love for it to continue.

That is crap.
If you did a little searching around here, you would find that some of us actually were somewhat impressed with Obama in the beginning, and we hoped he would succeed. It was after it became more and more evident what a total loser and failure and liar he is that we turned our back on him, unlike the wacko-left pukes on this board who can never say a thing bad about one of theirs. Go find me a post where a known leftie here has criticized anything done by a democrat.

To say we would love for this to continue is beyond contempt.
It is sick.

Tom
09-14-2012, 07:49 AM
the attack on our embassy had nothing to do with a film, just like the Chicago teachers strike has nothing to do with helping kids.
for anyone offended by a film the response should be, "oh too bad, then don't watch it"

They are chanting about Obama.....Osama had a hit out on him.

HE caused this. HER and Hillary were behind the fall of the Egyptian government, now, he has no idea if they are an ally or not. But he still gives them billions of dollars and forgive billions more of debt.

Is this not total insanity?

bks
09-14-2012, 08:19 AM
POT,

On this assumption this is an honest query: I agree that it would be best it wasn't released, but I don't see how to do it without abridging free speech. But let's at least be honest: this was NOT about speech whatsoever.

The purpose of the film was to inflame hatred, whether or not it was actually successful in doing so in this case. It was a classic psychological operation, done knowing that there are people somewhere who, when they saw it, might act violently.

Do you know what psychological operations are? Creating a violent reaction was the express purpose of the film. No theaters were showing the film. It had zero chance of getting distribution. And yet $5 million was raised for it? How does a financial criminal with no track record of making films, and who has spent two years in ail for his cries and how has had to pay close to a million dollars in restitution, raise $5 million to make a film that clearl cost one-tenth that amount, and which had absolutely zero chance to convince anyone of anything?

It was a play out of the oldest playbook there is. The film is a high-school level production incapable of convincing an openminded person of anything.
But again, that wasn't the purpose of the film.

The makers and backers of the film know the recent history of the Danish cartoon protests in Libya:

You know, in Benghazi itself, this is not the first incident of this kind. In 2006, during the high point of the Danish cartoon controversy, there was a demonstration of more than a thousand people in front of the Italian consulate, because an Italian minister, Roberto Calderoli, had worn a T-shirt, very insulting, which had that Danish cartoon on it. At that demonstration, the Gaddafi regime opened fire on the crowd, killed 11 people. And that was on February 17th, 2006. Because of that firing on the crowd, several human rights activists—Fathi Terbil, Idris al-Mesmari, people like that—had become politicized. And it was for the fifth anniversary of that police firing by the Gaddafi regime, on February 17, 2011, that people like Terbil had planned demonstrations in Benghazi, the fifth anniversary, to commemorate the Gaddafi shooting against this crowd. And the spur, as it were, of the anti-Gaddafi rebellion last year was essentially around the commemoration of the shooting in Benghazi in 2006.

and

NIZAR SARIELDIN: Well, if you—if you check the rate of number of viewers, two months ago you would find just only 5,000 people have been watching this video. And since the channel talked about it, it gave it like a boost, and they started like 25,000 in one day, and it’s only in Libya. So, I guess who did the publicity for this movie is actually clerics, and like this channel made the publicity and made everybody watched it and moved the street for that. So, I think the only—there is a reason. I think there is—they want to score something. They want to hide us on certain facts, because we are going towards democracy. And democracy—of course, those radicals are against democracy, and they are not really happy with this elections and everything. They want it to be like in old-time Islamic ruling, which is that everybody disagreed with. So—

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/9/12/us_ambassador_to_libya_killed_as

So it's all about the way the film was deployed. BTW, I did not favor intervention in Libya and have no opinion about the "going toward democracy" rhetoric expressed by defenders of the intervention. But this was a classic psyop, whoever was ultimately behind it.

Tom
09-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Creating a violent reaction was the express purpose of the film.

It probably was, but then that begs the question, if everyone agrees that this target group is uncivilized mad men, why do we not treat them as such?
Why do we leave our embassies unprotected over there? Why do we not treat them as unstable mental defectives, instead bending over backwards declaring them the religion of peace and historically tolerant (Obama)?
Do you put up signs saying Pet the Pitbulls!

The fact that there is a very large group of mental defective in this world that will riot and murder over things like this tells me our foreign policy is totally worng

HUSKER55
09-14-2012, 09:26 AM
you guys and gal can take great comfort in the fact I am not the POTUS. The earth would have several million less inhabitants this morning.

hcap
09-14-2012, 09:35 AM
you guys and gal can take great comfort in the fact I am not the POTUS. The earth would have several million less inhabitants this morning.Hahahahahahahahahaha. You are a riot Alice.

Speak to Tom about your thermonuclear wet dreams.

Unfortunately this nuke'em all stupidity is not that uncommon among bottom dwelling zealots of the neo conservative mentality Just like those Mittens will install as his foreign policy "team"

FantasticDan
09-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Ah...now the real far-left instanity shows it's TRUE ugly head...

Didn't think it would take 200 replies to happen...thought you would fire this salvo much sooner.

I bet you were jumping up and down with glee when the towers fell and the stock market crashed a week later...cause hey...that was bad for Bush, right buddy?Please. I've lost relatives in war, my grandfather was a NYS Trooper killed in the line of duty, my wife's best friend for the last 30 years lost her husband in the towers.. all tragedies I know are not unique to me. But I was unfairly accused no less than three times in the thread of not caring about Americans being killed, and it ticked me off.

I agree my reaction was over the top, but I was pissed. I apologize to Elkabong and anyone else I offended.

hcap
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Oh damn Fatty Limbuagh nails it! How long before the mainstream righties-and Mitt and robin embrace Fatty and his inciteful rhetoric?

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/rush-limbaughs-newest-whacko-conspiracy-the

"This theory takes the ability to twist logic until it screams and gives up pretzels for life. In Limbaugh's twisty-passaged little brain, Democrats are colluding with radical Muslims to obliterate Israel. So they gave up their leader (and money source) to President Obama in order to make him look good so he could get re-elected and let them bring destruction to the entire Middle East."

Greyfox
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I would suggest that not only are you not upset that americans were killed and paraded in the streets, you're actually glad it happened. And you're hoping there's more to come.

Wow. That truly is warped thinking.

DJofSD
09-14-2012, 10:07 AM
I agree my reaction was over the top, but I was pissed. I apologize to Elkabong and anyone else I offended.
This is a good thing. Thanks.

Now, let's have a beer.

newtothegame
09-14-2012, 10:13 AM
This is a good thing. Thanks.

Now, let's have a beer.
On the back lawn of the white house??? I want to go but mine will be non alcoholic please :)

DJofSD
09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Harsh words Obama from Europe here (Spiegel). (http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/german-press-review-on-middle-east-violence-against-us-embassies-a-855835.html)

Tom
09-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Looks like two ex-Seals were killed in the attack as well.
Can't find a link yet, but hearing on several radio stations that they held of a crowd of about 400 mad dogs for about 4 hours.

Two Seals are infinitely more capable the entire litter box country of Libya....why the Hell do we need garbage countries like that for an ally?

We should have left them to Khadafy.

DJofSD
09-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes, both of the former Navy Seal's were living here in San Diego County.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/state-and-regional/us-victims-in-libya-attacks-former-seals-from-ca/article_b6ee45a9-5274-59e6-941e-09f785042ad2.html

ElKabong
09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Please. I've lost relatives in war, my grandfather was a NYS Trooper killed in the line of duty, my wife's best friend for the last 30 years lost her husband in the towers.. all tragedies I know are not unique to me. But I was unfairly accused no less than three times in the thread of not caring about Americans being killed, and it ticked me off.

no apology needed in my opinion. It's called discussion and discourse. It's healthy. Let the medicated worry about avoiding back n forth exchanges, things always get worked out eventually

I agree with DJ, Let's all have a beer. (If the Rangers win tonight I'll have 2) We're not the enemy of each other.

Saying that, I am disappointed in the lack of emotion or genuine anger at the events by you and some others, but may be my problem and not yours.....But at least we both know where we stand on the issue. The events of the past week have been inexcusable to me as an American. We deserve better leadership. I hope you understand where I (and we, the more conservative) are coming from. The hope (here) is the CIC gets his shit together and doesn't fly to Vegas during a crisis. Time to act the part of a leader, fundraisers can wait for a week.

Looks liek there will likely be some military action soon from what I read...Time for everyone to come together a bit and root for the home team. Just understand I want to fire the Head Coach in Nov for reasons I've tried to be open and honest about.

Enjoy a Shiner Bock, and enjoy the day.

hcap
09-15-2012, 10:37 AM
http://www.americablog.com/2012/09/romney-gets-capital-of-libya-wrong-in.html

Comment.

"Mitt Romney got the capital of Libya wrong in his opportunistic statement this morning criticizing the President about his handling of the attacks against the US embassy in Cairo and the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Romney referred in his statement to the "embassies" and particularly to "our embassy at Benghazi, Libya." He made the mistake three times, so it wasn't just a slip of the lip.

Any first year international relations student knows that our diplomatic offices in the capital are "embassies," and our offices in cities that are not the capital are "consulates."

This means that Romney either had no idea what the capital of Libya was when he said it was Benghazi (it's Tripoli, obviously), or he had no idea what the difference was between "embassies" and "consulates," which is so basic Diplomacy 101 that it's frightening that Mitt Romney wants to be commander in chief in four months and had no idea about the difference.

I did my graduate studies international public policy at Georgetown. This is no small matter. Or rather, it's such a small matter, such an obvious point, that it's frightening Romney had no idea that he was making the error.

It's a rookie mistake to confuse embassies and consulates, and it's the kind of thing that anyone with any training in diplomacy and international relaOtions would immediately look out for, and notice. Romney should have seen this speech and immediately said "Libya's capital is Tripoli, and our embassy isn't in Benghazi." But he didn't. Because Mitt Romney simply has no background in foreign policy. But that didn't stop him from weighing in immediately on a major national security crisis, with the presidential backdrop and all.

Let's hope a future "President Romney," God forbid, does a fact-check before he starts bombing the wrong city."

.................................................. .............

No biggie, but I sure hope for the sake of PA off topic Dynamic Duo fans, Mitt arrives a bit more prepared for the presidential debates.

johnhannibalsmith
09-15-2012, 10:51 AM
I think he was merely speaking futuristically after he eradicates Tripoli.

Tom
09-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Compared to the colossal blunders by Obama and Hillary, that directly resulted the current unrest, I can live with Mitt's slip.You are pathetic, hcap...seriously, I never thought you were really that low. My bad.

And, btw, there are no wrong cities in Libya.

DJofSD
09-15-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.americablog.com/2012/09/romney-gets-capital-of-libya-wrong-in.html

Comment.

"Mitt Romney got the capital of Libya wrong in his opportunistic statement this morning criticizing the President about his handling of the attacks against the US embassy in Cairo and the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Romney referred in his statement to the "embassies" and particularly to "our embassy at Benghazi, Libya." He made the mistake three times, so it wasn't just a slip of the lip.

Any first year international relations student knows that our diplomatic offices in the capital are "embassies," and our offices in cities that are not the capital are "consulates."

This means that Romney either had no idea what the capital of Libya was when he said it was Benghazi (it's Tripoli, obviously), or he had no idea what the difference was between "embassies" and "consulates," which is so basic Diplomacy 101 that it's frightening that Mitt Romney wants to be commander in chief in four months and had no idea about the difference.

I did my graduate studies international public policy at Georgetown. This is no small matter. Or rather, it's such a small matter, such an obvious point, that it's frightening Romney had no idea that he was making the error.

It's a rookie mistake to confuse embassies and consulates, and it's the kind of thing that anyone with any training in diplomacy and international relaOtions would immediately look out for, and notice. Romney should have seen this speech and immediately said "Libya's capital is Tripoli, and our embassy isn't in Benghazi." But he didn't. Because Mitt Romney simply has no background in foreign policy. But that didn't stop him from weighing in immediately on a major national security crisis, with the presidential backdrop and all.

Let's hope a future "President Romney," God forbid, does a fact-check before he starts bombing the wrong city."

.................................................. .............

No biggie, but I sure hope for the sake of PA off topic Dynamic Duo fans, Mitt arrives a bit more prepared for the presidential debates.
57 states.

Show Me the Wire
09-15-2012, 11:07 AM
I remember being told by the press and the Democrats that attacks like these would not happen under Obama. It was assumed Bush was the reason for the attacks.Obama would give the world a different perspective of the U.S. and the world would act differently out of deference for Obama.

So much for that theory.

But of course it still is not Obama's fault, it is the fault of some inconsequential citizen of the U.S. What a load of B.S.

It is the fault of an incompetent civil service employees, led by Obama.

hcap
09-15-2012, 11:11 AM
57 states.For a possible CIC not knowing where the bad guys might be s very different than a slip of the tongue at a political rally

“America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We will defend also our "
...Mittens