PDA

View Full Version : Wise Dan and Johnny V Lock of the Weekend?

Race Promoter
09-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Love Wise Dan this weekend in the Woodbine Mile. The only horse that might be close is Hunters Bay who has been ripping it up on the Polytrack. 1st time starter on grass. $1 million dollar race and a "Win and Your In" race for BC. Should be a good one this Sunday 9-16 at Woodbine!

Ricoh Woodbine Mile Information (http://www.woodbineentertainment.com/WoodbineMile/Pages/default.aspx)

letswastemoney
09-11-2012, 07:25 PM
He's not invincible. Europeans are worth a look at least.

Race Promoter
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
A true statement since the Woodbine course tends to favor invaders, but what horse besides Frankel has been training and racing better?

Give me your Euro pick...

Itamaraca
09-11-2012, 07:39 PM
A true statement since the Woodbine course tends to favor invaders, .

not true

Some_One
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Cityscape won the Duty Free, just missed in the HK Mile (got caught behind a slow pace), has form lines to Frankel and Excelebration and the connections know how to ship.

He'll handle Wise Dan easily.

letswastemoney
09-12-2012, 12:27 AM
A true statement since the Woodbine course tends to favor invaders, but what horse besides Frankel has been training and racing better?

Give me your Euro pick...Does a horse have to be Frankel to defeat Wise Dan? Ron the Greek already accomplished the feat. On turf, Gio Ponti, Syndney's Candy, and Get Stormy did so.

It may take a good trip and a couple of things to go his way, but I'm interested in Cityscape as well.

OTM Al
09-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Cityscape won the Duty Free, just missed in the HK Mile (got caught behind a slow pace), has form lines to Frankel and Excelebration and the connections know how to ship.

He'll handle Wise Dan easily.

Maybe not easily but should certainly be the best one there

Race Promoter
09-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Just love the way Wise Dan is training and racing. Seems in peak form and sitting on top of a big one. Cityscape has done all his recent running on soft going, if it rains ok, otherwise Doyle will be looking at Dan's rear end.

ten2oneormore
09-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Looks to me like Cityscape should be the one that is 6/5 and Wise Dan 5/2 but don't think there will be much difference between them when the betting is closed.The only other horse that has any form close to their best is Worthadd's May 2011.Cityscape,Wise Dan,Worthadd look a cut above the rest while Dance And Dance is just below them by himself and then there is everybody else.

I guess putting together an exacta you gotta try to beat one of the 2 faves.

Cityscape,Worthadd,Dance And Dance

or

Wise Dan,Worthadd,Dance And Dance

Some_One
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Just love the way Wise Dan is training and racing. Seems in peak form and sitting on top of a big one. Cityscape has done all his recent running on soft going, if it rains ok, otherwise Doyle will be looking at Dan's rear end.

Other than the Eclipse, which races were that? If anyone isn't praying for rain, it'll be him because I don't think he wants anything over 9f, or a soft 8f

Striker
09-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Does a horse have to be Frankel to defeat Wise Dan? Ron the Greek already accomplished the feat. On turf, Gio Ponti, Syndney's Candy, and Get Stormy did so.

It may take a good trip and a couple of things to go his way, but I'm interested in Cityscape as well.
I agree with your earlier post that WD is not invincible but Ron the Greek only beat him by a head and Wise Dan was clearly bothered by Nates M in that race. Wise Dan lost to those horses you listed on turf almost 1 year ago. If those horses were entered in the WO mile you wouldn't just bet them over Wise Dan because they beat him before, would you? That work on 8/24 had people with their jaws on the ground. WD certainly isn't worthy of a wager at his expected price but he has put in 3 quality races in 3 starts this year, with a little trouble in 1 of those races.