PDA

View Full Version : Jug

Oskar
09-11-2012, 06:00 PM
The draw for the Jug is Friday morning.

Apparently owner Jeffrey Snyder has informed Casie Coleman that they will forgo some of that sire stakes gold money and instead go to the Jug with Michael’s Power. Great news.

This week’s Hambletonion Society/Breeders Crown Poll reflects an interesting take on the three-year-old colt pacers. A Rocknroll Dance—the only one from that grouping to make the top ten—is number four. Bolt The Duer—a Jug eligible—is number thirteen, followed by Michaels Power at number fourteen, Heston Blue Chip—not eligible—at fifteen and Panther Hanover—also ineligible—at seventeen. Thinking Out Loud and Sweet Lou, both of whom are eligible to the Jug, and Pet Rock, who is not, are at the bottom end of the top 25.

After his win in the Adios, combined with Sunday’s win over Thinking Out Loud in the KYSS Final, BTD is a very popular colt. He was rated number five in week one of the Jug rankings which are distributed by the track publicity department, while In the latest week five rankings, he’s number three, behind Rocknroll Dance and Michaels Power..... Dance was second, and M Power third behind Panther Hanover in Saturday’s Simcoe Stakes...... Sweet Lou has been off since finishing second behind Dapper Dude—eligible—in a PASS race on September first.

Pacingguy stated on his viewfromtheracetrack.com blog that the word is that Bolt The Duer will only go one heat. Depending upon the outcome of that first heat, that could be a problem.

Oskar
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Our old buddy Hurrikane Kingcole is eligible to the Jug. We haven’t seen him for three weeks; he didn’t race in the Cane or the Simcoe. His last start was in the Battle of Brandywine. He and Sweet Lou left. Kingcole, who was second choice behind Dance for Dube, got to the top and cut out nasty fractions, as is his habit: 25.3, 52.3, 1:20.1, only to get passed by Dance on the last turn and eventually fade in a 48.1 mile.

In the start prior to that—the NJ Classic—he set a world record 118.2 to the three-quarters for Gingras, and was just nipped at the wire by Panther in 47.2.

Regardless of post, Kingcole would light a fire under the rest of the field right out of the gate in Delaware.

Oskar
09-13-2012, 07:36 AM
A Rocknroll Dance still at top of Jug ranking

The Jim Mulinex trained and Yannick Gingras driven A Rocknroll Dance is still at the top of the Jug standings as of today (Wednesday September 12). Harness racing's 67th edition of the 3yo pacing classic - the 2012 Little Brown Jug - wil be run at the Delaware County Fairgrounds (Ohio) on Thursday September 20.

The rankings are as follows:

1. A Rocknroll Dance (Last Week #1)

He finished second in the $257,571 Simcoe Stakes at Mohawk last Saturday from post position #12.

2. Bolt The Duer (Last Week #3)

He swept the KYSS events taking the $250,000 final in 1:48.2 over Thinking Out Loud.

3. Michaels Power (Last Week #2)

He finished third from post #8 in the Simcoe Stakes. The homebred colt is skipping the Ontario Gold Series Final to chase the Jug glory.

4. Thinking Out Loud (last Week #7)

Set the pace in the KySS Final finishing second to Bolt The Duer.

5. Bettor's Edge (Last Week #6)

Did not race last week.

6. Dapper Dude (Last Week #5)

The Panderosa colt had a brutal trip in the Simcoe Stakes never seeing the rail.

7. Sweet Lou (Last Week #8)

Did not race last week.

8. Hurrikane Kingcole (Last Week #9)

Did not race last week.

9. Bakin On The Beach (Last Week #NR)

Joins the top 10 with a solid win at Harrah's Philadelphia in 1:50.2.

10. Caviart Key (Last Week #NR)

The Ponder colt is a step slower than the top KySS competition but recorded three solid finishes in his last three starts.

by Jay WOLF

MutuelClerk
09-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Can't wait. Been going since 1975 and have missed very few. I bet Bolt The Duer in the future pool. Hoping he wins. MY favorite day is still Wednesday. Quality racing and ALOT less people. Cya in the hospitality tent.

CHeCK EyE
09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Sadly, I will miss both days :confused: I planned a vacation a few months back and I'll be in Florida at Universal for the first time. I will definitely watch the replays but it just isn't the same. I always enjoyed listening to the in between race comments and chit chat. Good luck everyone!

Oskar
09-15-2012, 02:34 PM
$78,008 First Elimination
HN-Horse-Driver-Trainer-Line
1. Escape The News-Tim Tetrick-Joe Holloway-10-1
2. Major Bombay-Jim Morrill, Jr.-Tony Alagna-8-1
3. Michaels Power-Scott Zeron-Casie Coleman-2-1
4. Bolt The Duer-Mark MacDonald-Peter Foley-5-2
5. Thinking Out Loud-Randy Waples-Robert McIntosh-7-2
6. One Through Ten-David Miller-Jim Arledge, Jr.-15-1
7. Time To Roll-Jimmy Takter-Jimmy Takter-6-1

$78,008 Second Elimination
HN-Horse-Driver-Trainer-Line
1. Sweet Lou-Dave Palone-Ron Burke-3-1
2. Bettors Edge-David Miller-Linda Toscano-5-1
3. Simply Business-Ron Pierce-Jimmy Takter-10-1
4. Carols Comet-Brett Miller-Ron Potter-12-1
5. Dapper Dude-John Campbell-Robert McIntosh-8-1
6. Bakin On The Beach-Tim Tetrick-Mark Harder-15-1
7. A Rocknroll Dance-Yannick Gingras-Jim Mulinix-2-1

(USTA)

Oskar
09-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Jug PPs

http://www.littlebrownjug.com/racing/race-programs (http://www.littlebrownjug.com/racing/race-programs)