PDA

View Full Version : Game On Dude to get new rider

horses4courses
09-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Reports are surfacing about Chantal being taken off Game On Dude.
Stay tuned for details......

horses4courses
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/72734/bejarano-replaces-sutherland-on-game-on-dude

Striker
09-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Smart move.

pandy
09-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I can't imagine how you can even get that upset as a rider when Baffert takes you off a horse. He took Hall of Famer Mike Smith off a horse, Vindicaton, that was undefeated in 4 career starts and won the Breeders Cup juvenile, while the horse was still undefeated; and of course he took Garrett Gomez (four straight earnings titles) off of Lookin At Lucky. Chantal is in good company.

Dahoss9698
09-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I can't imagine how you can even get that upset as a rider when Baffert takes you off a horse. He took Hall of Famer Mike Smith off a horse, Vindicaton, that was undefeated in 4 career starts and won the Breeders Cup juvenile, while the horse was still undefeated; and of course he took Garrett Gomez (four straight earnings titles) off of Lookin At Lucky. Chantal is in good company.

Vindication never started at 3 and Smith was on him for the BC victory, so how did he take him off?

Lookin at Lucky went on to win three straight after Gomez was taken off. No one in their right mind could possibly say Martin Garcia is a better rider than Gomez, but the jock switch didn't hurt.

Methinks it's going to be a long time before she gets another mount like this.

deathandgravity
09-11-2012, 05:24 PM
She is adequate jockey... I would have no issue with her riding my 12.5 claimer @ HOL, but no way would I want her on my horse in G1.

Overdue move by Baffert

Itamaraca
09-11-2012, 07:47 PM
If only Dullahan didn't get by her so quickly. She was winding up to stick lefty and get to HERDING when Rosario blew by. :lol:

Paseana
09-11-2012, 09:59 PM
She dropped the left rein between the 16th pole and the wire. That's just an unbelievable mistake! Game On Dude was in a drive, on the lead, in a $1M race, and he's....well, Game On Dude. Suddenly, he loses contact on the left side of his mouth with his pilot. I just can't believe that didn't have an effect on the push to the wire.

Dullahan most probably would have won anyway.....he ran a huge race. But you can't help but wonder.....what if?

horses4courses
09-11-2012, 10:20 PM
She dropped the left rein between the 16th pole and the wire. That's just an unbelievable mistake! Game On Dude was in a drive, on the lead, in a $1M race, and he's....well, Game On Dude. Suddenly, he loses contact on the left side of his mouth with his pilot. I just can't believe that didn't have an effect on the push to the wire.

Dullahan most probably would have won anyway.....he ran a huge race. But you can't help but wonder.....what if?

Yep...bad mistake, especially for such high stakes.
More than enough to lose out to one of the best jocks in the game.

Fager Fan
09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Yep...bad mistake, especially for such high stakes.
More than enough to lose out to one of the best jocks in the game.

Agree. I don't think he particularly wanted to ride her anyway, but had to be able to give a valid reason to his wife to take her off.

Al Gobbi
09-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Not at all surprised by this but I figured Baffert would have pulled the trigger following the SA BC prep race.