PDA

View Full Version : We will always remember

lamboguy
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
this day 11 years ago. the saddest day for our country when we lost 3000 brave people to a few cowards. we must always remember and pay tribute to these extra ordinary people.

horses4courses
09-11-2012, 10:45 AM
It happened on a Tuesday, too.
I'll never forget the 6am (PT) radio news coming on to wake me up before work.
Turned on the TV quickly.
We all know the rest.......

Hoofhearted
09-11-2012, 02:39 PM
May they rest in peace -- each and every one of those 3000 people who died that awful day. I say a little prayer every year at this time for all of them.
It was truly a dreadful day, when pure evil ran conflicted with common decent humanity.

Tom
09-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Of all the dreadful sights that day, this one is the one that kick me in the stomach every time I see it......as they all go down, he goes up. Is there a more innocent face anywhere?

Tom
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
And these guys...I remember seeing this photo on the cover of the paper and thinking, imaging seeing that and heading towards it....what the Hell are these guys made of?

http://911anniversary.nydailynews.com/valley-death-courageous-final-run-ladder-118

cj's dad
09-11-2012, 03:36 PM
VP Bite me in a speech to his audience today referred to this as a "bittersweet" moment. What the hell is so sweet about it.

I'm convinced he has lost it. Early stages of Alzhiemers ?

Tom
09-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Just a moron babbling.

Dahoss9698
09-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I like a thread titled "we will always remember" where you can't even get through one page without seeing political sniping.

Classy.

Tom
09-12-2012, 10:43 AM
And you couldn't resist trolling again.
Maybe you could explain those strange remarks? You seem to be on Biden's level.

Dahoss9698
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM
And you couldn't resist trolling again.
Maybe you could explain those strange remarks? You seem to be on Biden's level.

You have moments where you're level headed (usually after lunch) so I'm hoping you come back to this thread when your head is a bit more clear.

Criticize Biden all you want. There are plenty of threads here for it. But can't a thread with good intentions like this one be exempt from the sniping?

FantasticDan
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
VP Bite me in a speech to his audience today referred to this as a "bittersweet" moment. What the hell is so sweet about it. I'm convinced he has lost it. Early stages of Alzhiemers ? :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Biden's speech was universally praised as touching, eloquent, and personal. To suggest otherwise is pathetic.

MaNL8d-fVeE

Hoofhearted
09-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Criticize Biden all you want. There are plenty of threads here for it. But can't a thread with good intentions like this one be exempt from the sniping?

Too right !
Well said, fella !

Yes, political point-scoring has no place in a memorial thread such as this. Respect the many people who died tragically that awful day -- making cheap political jibes is offensive to their memory on, this, their anniversary.
There's a time-and-place for your partisan tub-thumping, ffs; this is not the time nor place for it. Show some decency.

Tom
09-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Yup, you're right - this is not the thread for it.
My apologies.

Yesterday's hollow words in today's real life attacks make them seen phony.
Seems like we already forgot.

Moved to another thread.