PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emanuel to send his 3 kids to private school this fall

DJofSD
09-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Sun-Times article here (http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/6629400-418/emanuel-to-send-his-3-kids-to-private-school-this-fall.html) .

In essence, a vote of no confidence in the school district.

School officials would not comment. Sources close to the mayor confirmed the decision.

In a prepared statement, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis was careful not to criticize Emanuel’s decision to send his kids to one of the city’s most elite private schools.

FantasticDan
09-10-2012, 11:21 AM
SON OF A BITCH! :mad:

:rolleyes:

ArlJim78
09-10-2012, 11:34 AM
he'd have to have a screw loose to send his kids to a Chicago PS.

JustRalph
09-10-2012, 12:17 PM
He's rich. That's what rich people do.

Dave Schwartz
09-10-2012, 12:21 PM
He's rich. That's what rich people do.

You beat me to it.

Of course there is no confidence in the public school system (by the wealthy). After all, they are raising a "them" rather than an "us."

Dave Schwartz
Who sent his kids to private
school when possible

PhantomOnTour
09-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Don't you mean LAST fall since this article is one year old?
:lol:

DJofSD
09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Don't you mean LAST fall since this article is one year old?
:lol:
Yep, last fall and again this year: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/chicago-mayors-kids-school-remains-open_652113.html

Valuist
09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
he'd have to have a screw loose to send his kids to a Chicago PS.

Absolutely. You either send them to a private school or move to the suburbs.

Tom
09-10-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/jean-claude-brizard-rahm-emanuel_n_1846307.html

"In 27 years of education, I have always been successful," he added to CBS Chicago.

This turkey was in charge of Rochester, NY schools for three years and was an abject failure! He left behind a graduation rate under 40%. Only six cities in the whole USA have higher school budgets that Rochester, but we are one of the lowest ranked in the country.

This is another set up - you watch. Brizard will be the whipping boy here, and somehow, Obama will ride in at the last minute and settle the strike.

Rookies
09-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Absolutely. You either send them to a private school or move to the suburbs.

Seriously.

Are there no excellent Public Schools in a City like Chicago?

This is not the case here. Yes, you can spend large sending your kids to private schools, but there are MANY good- excellent public schools.

GameTheory
09-10-2012, 11:24 PM
You're not allowed to have good public schools in the US -- they are outlawed. I wouldn't send my kid (although I have none) to a public school in a million years. My brother lives in Portland, Oregon and is about as liberal as you can get, and yet he home-schools. So I know I didn't get all the brains in the family...

Striker
09-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Seriously.

Are there no excellent Public Schools in a City like Chicago?

This is not the case here. Yes, you can spend large sending your kids to private schools, but there are MANY good- excellent public schools.
Whitney Young is a public high school in Chicago but it is very tough to get your kid in and most of the kids that end up going there do go to private grammar schools. The school was good enough for Michael Jordan to send one of his kids there.

ElKabong
09-10-2012, 11:39 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/jean-claude-brizard-rahm-emanuel_n_1846307.html

This is another set up - you watch. Brizard will be the whipping boy here, and somehow, Obama will ride in at the last minute and settle the strike.

i thought the same thing....as crazy as it sounds, it isn't any crazier than people would believe some guy that would be able to bearhug a preznit w/o any secret service guy taking the encroacher down.

Obama will step in and save the day for those great Chitown schools unless it looks overly contrived....this admin is starting to reach & look like some PT Barnum act

HUSKER55
09-10-2012, 11:43 PM
emanuel wouldn't set up chicago and sacrifice students just for BO:rolleyes:

trust me ;)

ElKabong
09-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Every man his his price, Husker. So does a thing called Rahm E