PDA

View Full Version : box with red x

Robert Goren
09-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I have use a back door to get this site by using the IP address. when I do I get a lot boxes with red x's in on the page. I am using windows xp IE8 Any ideas Robert

Dave Schwartz
09-09-2012, 09:03 PM
graphics not loading?

Tom
09-09-2012, 09:59 PM
That would be my guess.
Glad you can get in, Bobby!

JustRalph
09-09-2012, 11:46 PM
The graphics aren't loading because they are blocked by the filter you are bypassing, by using the direct ip address.

wilderness
09-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Robert,
This issue would be best addresses by PA since he knows the functionality of his website.
The site may never work properly when connecting to IP rather than domain name.
You haven't specified your reason for the IP access (likely a content filter or restriction) and you'd be better off finding a solution on your end, rather than re-inventing the wheel on a site you have no control over where the error possibilities are almost endless.

1) IP access promotes duplicate content, as well as, and potentially security vulnerabilities.
2) Canonical Domain names restrict path access to prevent duplicate content and/or security vulnerabilities.
3) This site functions in PHP and either Word Press or some similar software that generates its own URL strings as opposed to dynamic URL's used by standard-html pages for path links. (the URL strings may not even be the actual location of the file).
4) PHP and either Word Press or some similar software's also utilize a Base path from which you may not be accessing from the IP connection.

These are just some of the possibilities for missing links to images and even pages.

Once again, my suggestion is to find a solution on your end that allows standard domain access.

JustRalph
09-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I think he is hospital bound. He mentioned it in another thread.

Ralph

Robert,
This issue would be best addresses by PA since he knows the functionality of his website.
The site may never work properly when connecting to IP rather than domain name.
You haven't specified your reason for the IP access (likely a content filter or restriction) and you'd be better off finding a solution on your end, rather than re-inventing the wheel on a site you have no control over where the error possibilities are almost endless.

1) IP access promotes duplicate content, as well as, and potentially security vulnerabilities.
2) Canonical Domain names restrict path access to prevent duplicate content and/or security vulnerabilities.
3) This site functions in PHP and either Word Press or some similar software that generates its own URL strings as opposed to dynamic URL's used by standard-html pages for path links. (the URL strings may not even be the actual location of the file).
4) PHP and either Word Press or some similar software's also utilize a Base path from which you may not be accessing from the IP connection.

These are just some of the possibilities for missing links to images and even pages.

Once again, my suggestion is to find a solution on your end that allows standard domain access.

johnhannibalsmith
09-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I think he is hospital bound. He mentioned it in another thread.

Ralph

And I believe he also mentioned that the site was blocked there because it was considered a gambling site.

So, basically, short of getting the permissions to view the site using the domain, it sounds like he's unable to do much at his end to resolve the filtering.

GameTheory
09-11-2012, 11:49 AM
If it is possible to leave an internet-connected computer running at his house, he could probably remote into that, or use it as a proxy.

Canarsie
09-11-2012, 12:40 PM
These are probably blocked but these sites act as a proxy server worth a shot.

http://www.thefreesite.com/Anonymous_Freebies/

https://www.proxfree.com/

http://www.aplusproxy.com/