PDA

View Full Version : This is not good

ArlJim78
09-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, let's give the guy four more years so he can finish the job.:rolleyes:
Whatever happened to that promise about fixing things in one term or becoming a one termer? not that Obama should be accountable, we're byond that point.

__________________________________________________ _____
Mortimer Zuckerman: Those Jobless Numbers Are Even Worse Than They Look (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444273704577635681206305056.html)

We are experiencing, in effect, a modern-day depression. Consider
two indicators: First, food stamps: More than 45 million Americans are in the
program! An almost incredible record. It's 15% of the population compared with the 7.9% participation from 1970-2000. Food-stamp enrollment has been rising at a rate of 400,000 per month over the past four years.

Second, Social Security disability—another record. More than 11
million Americans are collecting federal disability checks. Half of these
beneficiaries have signed on since President Obama took office more than three years ago.

"the “Cloward-Piven Strategy” seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse"

boxcar
09-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah, let's give the guy four more years so he can finish the job.:rolleyes:
Whatever happened to that promise about fixing things in one term or becoming a one termer? not that Obama should be accountable, we're byond that point.

__________________________________________________ _____
Mortimer Zuckerman: Those Jobless Numbers Are Even Worse Than They Look (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444273704577635681206305056.html)

"the “Cloward-Piven Strategy” seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse" (emphasis mine)

Those darn Bush tax cuts for the rich played a major, major, major role, too! (Oh wait, those are the same tax rates BO insisted on keeping back in 2010 because rescinding them would hurt everyone, right?) :confused:

Boxcar

DJofSD
09-09-2012, 03:38 PM
When you are in a hole and you don't want to be there the first rule is to stop digging.

Obama's an idiot.

Tom
09-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Far more food stamp sign ups than jobs created.

HUSKER55
09-09-2012, 07:53 PM
and he still don't get it!

horses4courses
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Moan, groan, and beehatch all you like.
It's four more years, boys........

Electoral vote forecast on 538 blog:

Updated 5:44 PM ET on Sept. 8
Nov. 6 Forecast Now-cast
Mitt Romney
-11.4 since Sept. 1
Barack Obama
+11.4 since Sept. 1
Electoral
vote

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I say we don't even hold the election...just grant him 4 more years by executive order, or some other mumbo jumbo...

Tom
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
You seem happier with the prospect of his re-election than the dramatic failure that is sweeping the country. I guess those people losing homes, job, going on food stamps, justify 4 more years in your book?

Sad.

horses4courses
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
You seem happier with the prospect of his re-election than the dramatic failure that is sweeping the country. I guess those people losing homes, job, going on food stamps, justify 4 more years in your book?

Sad.

I'm not Obama's biggest fan.
The alternative, though, would be huge setback for this country.

Don't forget, too, that during the next 4 years, it's likely that 2 new Supreme Court appointees will occur.
Chances are one, if not more, of those will be more liberal types. If they are replaced with GOP appointees, they could lock up a conservative majority for 10-20 years. Alternatively, one or more liberal thinkers added to the SC will ensure that they are in the majority.

That is one of the most important issues on the line in November.

ArlJim78
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
for reasons which will remain unspecified of course.

reckless
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM

Don't forget, too, that during the next 4 years, it's likely that 2 new Supreme Court appointees will occur. Chances are one, if not more, of those will be more liberal types. If they are replaced with GOP appointees, they could lock up a conservative majority for 10-20 years. Alternatively, one or more liberal thinkers added to the SC will ensure that they are in the majority.

That is one of the most important issues on the line in November.

I just love it when liberals cry out loud about the 'conservative' Supreme Court, which is a joke in many counts.

Has John Roberts proven to be a conservative ?

What about Anthony Kennedy? Do you think he's a conservative hardliner too?

And, let's not forget David Souter, of course. He's some crazed right-wing nut, don't you agree?

And for all you history buffs in the group, we all remember ex-justice Sandra Day O'Connor, oh what a rightie she was. And for those of us that are a little longer in the tooth, how about Earl Warren from those fabulous fifties?

All of those named have ruled in favor of the 'liberal' point of law far more often than they have ruled in favor toward 'conservative' rulings, despite each and every one of them having being appointed by a Republican president.

So much for this phony conservative Supreme Court clap trap spewed ad nauseum by the demigods on the left.

ArlJim78
09-10-2012, 05:53 PM
yeah that is bogus. Despite what you hear from the media, it's not a conservative court now and not likely to get more conservative any time soon, even with a Romney win. Scalia is 76 years old. not counting on him for another 10-20 years. Other than that you have only Alito and Thomas as reliable conservatives. Roberts and Kennedy will swing one way or the other as we've seen.

JustRalph
09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
yeah that is bogus. Despite what you hear from the media, it's not a conservative court now and not likely to get more conservative any time soon, even with a Romney win. Scalia is 76 years old. not counting on him for another 10-20 years. Other than that you have only Alito and Thomas as reliable conservatives. Roberts and Kennedy will swing one way or the other as we've seen.

If Romney wins, 3 will quit and retire. If not, they will hang on.

If Obama wins, he could get 2 appointments (death, retire anyway etc) that would doom conservatives for the rest of our lifetime

horses4courses
09-10-2012, 07:12 PM
that would doom conservatives for the rest of our lifetime

Amen to that, bruddah....

Tom
09-10-2012, 08:48 PM

If Obama wins, he could get 2 appointments (death, retire anyway etc) that would doom Anericans for the rest of our lifetime

FTFY.......legislating from the bench, that is the grand plan.

ArlJim78
09-10-2012, 09:05 PM

If Obama wins, he could get 2 appointments (death, retire anyway etc) that would doom conservatives for the rest of our lifetime
I'm not following you. If the conservatives hang on like you say in the event of Romney losing, why would we be doomed? Obama would just be replacing liberals.
In any case, I agree we're doomed if Obama should win, even if Republicans control congress.

JustRalph
09-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm not following you. If the conservatives hang on like you say in the event of Romney losing, why would we be doomed? Obama would just be replacing liberals.
In any case, I agree we're doomed if Obama should win, even if Republicans control congress.

They are old as hell. I am implying that at their age, it's a crap shoot. If Romney wins I think 2 at least would retire within 2years if a conservative replaces them.

If Obama wins, we are at the mercy of their age and infirmity. I think 2 of the 3 older conservatives could go away due to illness or death. Another Lib could walk knowing Obama gets to appoint the replacement. Kennedy I include in the Lib side.