PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen anything posted about spill in Belmont's 7th

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Junior Alvarado's horse (Palace) fell heavily nearing the wire...looked like Alvarado's head hit the turf HARD and then it looked like he got stepped on as the horse got up and ran off...

Any update on horse and rider?

Robert Fischer
09-08-2012, 07:38 PM
horse figured, was well placed, failed to show a response, was under a left whip early turn, lugged out under left handed pressure , continued to get left hand pressure, and went down.

Alvarado looked like he hit pretty hard, and may have got stepped on partially by his own horse. The worst part looked like the fall.

haven't heard anything

cj
09-08-2012, 07:45 PM
horse figured, was well placed, failed to show a response, was under a left whip early turn, lugged out under left handed pressure , continued to get left hand pressure, and went down.

Alvarado looked like he hit pretty hard, and may have got stepped on partially by his own horse. The worst part looked like the fall.

haven't heard anything

Thanks for that informative post which added nothing to that of PA.

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks for that informative post which added nothing to that of PA.I was literally going to post similar sentiment, but I figured I'd let it go as I'm trying to shed my "angry white man" image... :lol:

Itamaraca
09-08-2012, 07:51 PM
horse was touted, was well placed, failed to show a response, .......

ftfy

BIG49010
09-08-2012, 09:25 PM
I heard he complained of shoulder pain on HRTV, and was taken to the hospital for x-rays.

aaron
09-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Last I heard he was in stable condition. I was there and it looked bad.Hope it's just the collarbone.

FantasticDan
09-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Last I heard he was in stable condition. I was there and it looked bad.Hope it's just the collarbone.Yeah, the NYRA twitter feed said he was stable and en route to the hospital with collarbone pain..

Robert Fischer
09-08-2012, 09:44 PM
balls = busted

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2012, 11:20 PM
balls = bustedBut for a valid reason.

FantasticDan
09-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Belmont in 30 said he had rib pain as well.

SansuiSC
09-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Unconfirmed through a 3rd party said clavicle fracture.
Have to wait until morning I guess. Spill wasn't pretty, but what spill is.

davew
09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
it kinda looked like the erratic running of the 8 Tower in Court, clipped the lead from the side on 2 Palace causing the spill. Luckily they were wide enough that no horses were behind them, but sadly when 2 got up to run away, pushed off on Alvarado.

v j stauffer
09-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Here's what I heard. Using my insiders network..............

haven't heard anything

cj
09-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Here's what I heard. Using my insiders network..............

haven't heard anything

You need new insiders. Fischer isn't going to cut it.

Shelby
09-09-2012, 10:30 AM
David Grening ‏@DRFGrening (https://twitter.com/DRFGrening) Junior Alvarado has hairline fracture of collarbone from Sat spill at Bel. Out at least a month. Missed 5 weeks w similar injury in 2011.

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2012, 10:42 AM
From the look of the spill, I'm glad that's all he injured...his head hit HARD and he was stepped on...here's hoping for a speedy recovery

Itamaraca
09-09-2012, 11:11 AM
You need new insiders. Fischer isn't going to cut it.

unless Fischer also happens to be Fleischer, who does 'cut it' according to da Bisket