PDA

View Full Version : Fastest T-bred track?

sq764
01-19-2004, 07:30 PM
What is the fastest t-bred track right now? I was just curious where Turf Paradise ranked.. I have seen a lot of 44 and changes halves.. Wondered if they were top 5 fastest..

sjk
01-19-2004, 07:36 PM
For fastest adjusted 2nd call at 6 furlongs, my list starts:

Sac
Yav
Fno
Alb
Emd
SR
Tup
SA
Rui
Sol
GG

GameTheory
01-19-2004, 07:48 PM
TUP is much faster than average, no doubt.

Suff
01-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Woodbine Speedway on that list?

IRISHLADSTABLE
01-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Scott,

I would have to say Turf Pardise has to be one of them.

When I raced there my cheap claimer's run some

unbelieveable times .

Jimmy

Zaf
01-19-2004, 10:26 PM
I always thought GG was the most greasy. :D

ZAFONIC

Larry Hamilton
01-19-2004, 10:45 PM
I would like to know how you measure "fastest"

Zaf
01-19-2004, 10:50 PM
I believe they are referring to raw times at the pace and final call.

ZAFONIC

IRISHLADSTABLE
01-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Larry Hamilton
I would like to know how you measure "fastest"

I believe Turf Paradise holds the record for a 5Fl race in North America. I went to there web site trying to confirm this
but I didnt see anything. It's going to drive me crazy now.
I'll post it in the morning after I toss and turn all night trying
to think of it .

Jimmy

Zaf
01-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah , 3K claimers can run 44's to the half and 109's on occasion.

ZAFONIC

Dave Schwartz
01-19-2004, 11:41 PM
In my humble opinion that would be Yavapai. It is about 1 tick faster than TuP.

(Small commercial message)

HorseStreet Pars
Comma delimited available NOW!
Electronic PDFs available Thursday, 1/22/04.
Paper version Wednesday, 1/28/04.

Suff
01-20-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
In my humble opinion that would be Yavapai. It is about 1 tick faster than TuP.

(Small commercial message)

HorsebullshitStreet Pars
Comma delimited available NOW!
Electronic PDFs available Thursday, 1/22/04.
Paper version Wednesday, 1/28/04.

Commercial message implys you paid something for the right to distribute it... .. Not simply that you have something to sell...

PA has a policy against outright advertisements. I don't want to get pitched your pars in General Handicapping threads.. .

PA, Would you consider deleting his PARS adverstisement please?

Que
01-20-2004, 06:20 AM
My stats have the following 10 fastest tracks:

Sprints:
1. EMD
2. PLN
3. YAV
4. TUP
5. FNO
6. GG
7. SR
8. SAC
9. SOL
10. CNL

Routes:
1. PLN
2. EMD
3. BM
4. TUP
5. FNO
6. CNL
7. MED
8. LSB
9. GG
10. SUN

Que.

shanta
01-20-2004, 07:19 AM
i have always found Pleasonton (pln) and Fresno (fno) to be the fastest (raw 2nd call and final time) in my experiences.

richie:rolleyes:

sq764
01-20-2004, 09:26 AM
After seeing EMD in there, I can't say I have ever seen a race from there.. I thought I had seen all tracks, but I guess not.

formula_2002
01-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by sq764
What is the fastest t-bred track right now? I was just curious where Turf Paradise ranked.. I have seen a lot of 44 and changes halves.. Wondered if they were top 5 fastest..

lets take to the next level...
Which speed tracks produce a positive roi with speed horses..

Larry Hamilton
01-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Sometimes the simplest questions ain't so simple. The question in the subject "Which track is the fastest?" is incomplete. At Least four more questions should be included: at which age and sex, at what distance, on which surface and at what class. It follows that the answer to that group of questions yeilds enough to calculate, as Dave suggests, the par numbers, best numbers, worst numbers, standard deviations and sample size. In addition some information may be gleaned about how 3yo's do in January as compared to December and how FTS do early in the year as compared to late in the year. This question is the essence of this game in that nothing is as easy as it seems.

sq764
01-20-2004, 12:06 PM
ok, maybe since I am a harness guy, that question is from a harness perspective.. Harness tracks have speed ratings (Somewhat of an overall, comprehensive speed rating for all races run on the track for xxx period).. I thought t-bred tracks had the same.

Larry Hamilton
01-20-2004, 12:11 PM
the only free, publicly-available, defineable rating I have seen for TBred tracks is average purse size. From which is derived track class. BRIS and TSN have a rating at the top of their ultimate sheet that rates the track by pace (E, EP, P and S) which they call BIAS, but frankly, that info is worthless because of either sample size or sample age.

Anyways, the hunt is part of the fun

formula_2002
01-20-2004, 12:47 PM
.....ultimate sheet that rates the track by pace (E, EP, P and S) which they call BIAS, but frankly, that info is worthless because of either sample size or sample age.

Anyways, the hunt is part of the fun

WOW, I think Larry and I agree!!

I was going to post the winning tracks where early speed(Bris's E) horses actually posted a positive roi, but the sample size was too small.
But then again, perhaps there is such a thing as replication without statistical significance

Larry Hamilton
01-20-2004, 01:36 PM
The agreement is probably only superficial coincidence as I believe this game without statistics is wishing.

GameTheory
01-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Sometimes the simplest questions ain't so simple. The question in the subject "Which track is the fastest?" is incomplete. At Least four more questions should be included: at which age and sex, at what distance, on which surface and at what class. It follows that the answer to that group of questions yeilds enough to calculate, as Dave suggests, the par numbers, best numbers, worst numbers, standard deviations and sample size. In addition some information may be gleaned about how 3yo's do in January as compared to December and how FTS do early in the year as compared to late in the year. This question is the essence of this game in that nothing is as easy as it seems.

While making subtle gradations of speed between similar tracks that run a different stock of horses is tough, figuring out which tracks are fastest and slowest in a broad sense becomes pretty clear when you start making pars.

Let's reframe the question: "Which tracks are the least/most energy-sapping and cause less/more deceleration over a distance of ground?" "Which tracks are easiest to run over?"

Since when comparing similar class levels between two tracks (or even identical horses that have run in both places), and times at Turf Paradise are significantly faster in every category, we can then say TUP is relatively fast, can we not? In other words, if you are comparing a time from TUP and a time from CRC, and they are equal, we can conclude that the CRC horse actually ran the better race (as far as time goes).

But to your larger point -- that the question is incomplete. EVERY question in horse racing analysis is incomplete. That's the beauty of it, and that's why we play...

keilan
01-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Let's reframe the question: "Which tracks are the least/most energy-sapping and cause less/more deceleration over a distance of ground?" "Which tracks are easiest to run over?"

Bingo -- GT I couldn't agree more.

Que
01-22-2004, 06:05 AM
My list still applies to the above question. My rankings were not based on running times alone, but were based on how shippers perform at various tracks compared to their previous tracks. I'm not saying my list is 100% accurate, or my list is necessary better than anyone else's list. However, I think my list is close enough for handicapping purposes--why by its nature is already a very inexact science. Also, I would venture to guess that if your track ratings are based solely on running times and track variants, then your list maybe scewed a bit towards tracks with a better class of horses.

Que.

Larry Hamilton
01-22-2004, 06:59 AM
An expresion I learned many years ago in the "star wars" program.

We seem to be trying to measure with a micrometer what was marked with a grease pencil and cut with an ax.

Guilty!

maxwell
01-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Woodbine was a bad joke last year. They slowed it down after a rash of van-offs.

Does anyone know the ratios of injuries at these "fast" tracks ? :confused:

formula_2002
01-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by maxwell
Woodbine was a bad joke last year. They slowed it down after a rash of van-offs.

Does anyone know the ratios of injuries at these "fast" tracks ? :confused:

for a comparison
Many years ago, in response to the heat Lukas was getting on the Prodigy BB for his horse breakdown rate, I found that the average breakdown rate was 1.6% (just happend that was the same rate that students were defaultiing on their school loans).
Lukas's rate was 1.3%.
Most likely it was the DNF rate.