PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 9/8

MeSlew
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Hello All! Opening day. Again. This is why horse racing is better than baseball. We get multiple opening days! This time, for beautiful Belmont Park.

So for Saturday, here is the agenda as Slew sees it:
Belmont - 4,5,6,7,9,10
Monmouth - 5,7,8,9
Woodbine - 7,8
Calder - 8,11
Arlington - 6,8,9

For starters, Slew's key horse for tomorrow is Orb. In his debut, he hopped straight up when the gates opened at Saratoga on the 18th of August and spotted the field several tractor trailers - tandems no less - worth of space before he got going. But it looks like he got an education on the backstretch because he was rolling by the top of the stretch in about, oh, the 8 path. The problem is the price. This is Belmont.

Not sure if the Bowling Green is the 3rd race because that is where NYRA wanted it, or because bad weather is predicted for later in the day. Either way, a short field can either work against the best horse...or for him. I feel like I'm going to decide and then take a stand in the pick 3 that begins in race 3. I'll let you pick your guy, and then see about linking him with one or more of Slew's horses in races 4 and 5. That crew looks like this:

http://slewsfasthorses.com/website3/2012-09-08.jpg

In the Bowling Green I'm looking for a little sorcery with the Graham Motion's longshot Brujo de Olleros (Brz) who scratched out of the Parx Mile and should be longer than his 10-1 ML after the bettors mail it in on Velasquez and Castellano. I'm strictly swinging for the fences here as we don't know much about this horse. But in these short fields, anything can happen and I sure would appreciate it happening to me.

In race 4, I just think Sean Avery gives Allen Iwinski a rare stakes win. And in the 5th, a SB MSW, I'll hit the all button on one ticket and use Slew's horses with a multiplier on another ticket. And hope for the best as the balance of the card does not enchant me, especially with strong storms predicted towards late afternoon.

So for tomorrow, get to the site and download the entire race file, enjoy the Saturday racing, and as always...

...good luck and good 'capping!