PDA

View Full Version : Houston TX, Superbowl information.

Suff
01-19-2004, 06:01 PM
I got a SuPerbowl Ticket Today! $500 bucks. I turned it down.

I'm trying to get down to Ft Lauderdale for the Fountain of Youth in Late Feb. No way I can do both. I'd much rather go to Miami Beach and the FOY than go to Houston for the SB. Call me crazy, but thats me.

One thing I learned Today was that I know very little about Houston Texas. Its near the Gulf Coast and they make oil.

Some one I know is going and he knows even less about Houston. He asked me to see what I can do... and that includes this post...

any general information about Houston I'll gobble up for him.... not stuff I can get on Google... more like ga ga. You know.

these guys are friends of mine... excpet they don't own computers, don't bet horses and don't go to the track.

They're looking for a Deal on a Room (top end) and rent a car (Lincoln , hummer, Bmw rag top)... they're not looking to steal anything... they are just looking to pay what a Local would pay... not super bowl prices...

any help?... a place 20-25 miles out of town that won't rape them.

I dropped Purple Power and BillW an e-mail... they may have something for me.

These are Boston Guys who know how to take care of someone who takes care of them.....

BillW
01-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Suff
I got a SuPerbowl Ticket Today! $500 bucks. I turned it down.

I

The ticket was an overlay, last week. Street value around $2000 (per a season ticket holder following the market). May have plummeted over the weekend though. If you could have done without seeing the game it could have paid your way here and FOY :D . I have one possible connection for rentals (remote), I'll let you know. Being 50 miles out, I'm kind of out of touch.

Bill

Suff
01-19-2004, 06:43 PM
The invite was to go... and pay him 500 for the tik.. Not take the tik for 500.... even so...

many year ago I had 10 tickets to a Bruins/montreal game. I invited 4 of my friends , I have a brother a year younger than me and he invited 4 guys ,,, and we met at "Fours" on canal street across from the ole gah-dan! ... We were having dinner and I counted only 9 so I jumped up and went outside and offered a guy my extra ticket for 100 bucks... I think face was 45.

It was a Cop.. he arrested me... I got tossed in the paddy wagon in a NY minute. My Dinner sitting on the table, My jacket hanging on the chair.... Spent the night in the hooska. They tell that story over and over when I get together with my brother and his friends,,, but truthfully it was a Huge Bummer....

Scalping left a bad taste in my mouth...

Bill remember the day we got upgraded to the Executive box.. Well I still had 16 seats in the festival tent for that day... and it was Funnycide t-shirt day and the lines were 100 deep... Rememeber what I told you I did with them?

I gave them to the guy selling Tip sheets at the fence. Gave.

The same guy that was screaming "Tip Sheets ,, Yankee Fans 2 dollars .. red Sox fans 4.00 dollars... that guy. See how much I hate scalping.

sq764
01-19-2004, 07:27 PM
I bet you that an Eagles/NE Superbowl would have bumped the prices up 2-3 times what they will go for now. I know thousands of Eagles fans would have flown to Texas and paid whatever price to get these tix..

BillW
01-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Suff
Bmw rag top

Something I could mention (even though you can find this in a google search :D ). Houston is not quite as warm (in the winter) as you might expect if you are expecting Miami weather. Today was a high of around 50 (little cooler than normal) but expect cool enough not to be able to drive around with top down. Could be that warm, but not likely.

Bill

sq764
01-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Look, if you lived in the Northeast now, in 50 degree weather, you would have the top down and suntan lotion on..

It was 1 degree the other day and -26 wind chill.. and I am in Delaware; I know it's been worse further up North.

dav4463
01-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Get there early. Stay in San Antonio...see if the Spurs have any home games a couple of days before the Super Bowl. Do some sightseeing in San Antonio and Austin, then make the short drive to Houston and enjoy the game !