PDA

View Full Version : “Your dad would stand on his head and bet his ass.”

DJofSD
09-07-2012, 01:11 PM
T. Boone Pickens (http://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/2012/09/07/when-t-boone-pickens-told-big-oil-to-take-this-job-and-shove-it/)

dartman51
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Good article. When I read this, "One time, just after six, I was still working and a security guard came up and asked me what I was doing. “I’m not done with my work,” I told him. He told me that I had to leave the building and that they had their eye on me because this wasn’t the first time I’d been working late.", I thought, this must have been a UNION SHOP. Then I read this, "Then one day, I went to look at the new Oldsmobile, the 88. I couldn’t afford it, but I wanted to look anyway. My supervisor called me in the next day and said he knew I had been looking at the Oldsmobiles and that I should know that the vice president of Phillips owned a Chevrolet dealership and that if I was going to buy a new car, I’d better look pretty closely at a Chevrolet. And he said if I buy a Chevrolet, I should have them put on Lee tires because Phillips makes Lee tires. I said, “OK, I got it. If I’m going to buy a new car, I should buy a Chevrolet with Lee tires.” He said, “You got it.” I wasn’t offended because at the time I could barely afford a bicycle. But the message was clear. They were a big company, and they got in your life pretty good.", and I realized that he must have been working for the Government. :D