PDA

View Full Version : Here's who you were liable to meet at an Occupy Wall St. Rally

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/06/13696378-three-anarchists-plead-guilty-to-ohio-bridge-bombing-plot?liteAccording to an FBI affidavit, authorities paid a criminal informant more than $5,000 as part of their investigation into the group, when the informant met the five men at an anti-Wall Street Occupy Cleveland rally in October 2011. http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/120905-ohio-accused-combo.photoblog600.jpg

Just a couple of red-blooded American kids looking to blow up a bridge...

boxcar
09-06-2012, 08:26 PM
They do have a thuggish look about them. :D

Boxcar

ElKabong
09-06-2012, 09:14 PM
if these are among the 99%, i need to get a 2nd 3rd and 4th job to get to the 1% somehow. These democrats are trash

Tape Reader
09-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Call me NAIVE but , IMO, this is just a setup for things to to come.

You Guys are WAY too complacent.

GameTheory
09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Call me NAIVE but , IMO, this is just a setup for things to to come.

You Guys are WAY too complacent.
Meaning?

horses4courses
09-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Well, since most of you wouldn't set foot within 100 miles of an OWS meeting, there's nothing to worry about, is there?

Tape Reader
09-06-2012, 10:33 PM
[QUOT

OWS is a "front" for a government takeover of civil rights.

When they get the pawns to "act accordingly" the trap will be set.

To Be Continued... if allowed.

E=GameTheory]Meaning?[/QUOTE]

Robert Fischer
09-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Is this another one where the FBI find a group of scumbags, and send in a charismatic informant to convince them to blow something up with fake explosives?

Tom
09-06-2012, 10:58 PM
One of them was seen today in Charlotte.

Actor
09-07-2012, 12:24 AM
One of them was seen today in Charlotte.
Did you use photoshop to make that?

Tom
09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
MS Paint - cut and pastes and filled in the black between the head and shoulders.

Do I get a check for mentioning the shampoo?

rastajenk
09-07-2012, 07:47 AM
They look like grooms at almost any racetrack in America. :)

Hoofhearted
09-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Funny thing that !
I partook in the Occupy Cork protests, and I like to think I look fairly normal and standard. So was every other single co-protester there with me. Not a single "anarchist" or insurrectionist visible or vocal amongst the camp-out. Just ordinary folk exercising their constitutional right to protest.

Why of course, the report itself and the anguished reactions on here are simply lazy generalizations. Or perhaps there exists a deeper agenda to portray the Occupy movement itself as a cover-front for illegalist organisations when in truth the movement was overwhelmingly comprised of ordinary citizens motivated enough to make their feelings known about the scandalous banking practices that have caused so much misery to people and brought the world to the edge of economic ruin.
Government always will -- and always have -- employed black propaganda to marginalise and disparage the sentiment and perspective of the common man in the street. Western governments, being the lackeys of global banking interests and the supra-rich elite, fear and loath the coming together of the working class -- the 99%. One effective way for government and the capitalist class to maintain their hegemony is to portray working class collectives and movements as "anarchist" and "dangers to society".

It is unfortunate that the compliant media re-spin this calumny as exampled in the news report above. It describes the three incompetent fools as anarchists without informing us as to which Anarchist group they might be members of; they ( the media) know full well that the term "anarchists" instills a degree of disgust in the mind of the general public whereas Anarchism itself is a well-established and thoughtful political philosophy. These muppets pictured are no more of the genuine Anarchist movement than is Mitt Romney.
And neither have they as much of a tie to the Occupy movement as a flea to the hair of a dog.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Funny thing that !
I partook in the Occupy Cork protests, and I like to think I look fairly normal and standard. So was every other single co-protester there with me. Not a single "anarchist" or insurrectionist visible or vocal amongst the camp-out. Just ordinary folk exercising their constitutional right to protest.

Why of course, the report itself and the anguished reactions on here are simply lazy generalizations. Or perhaps there exists a deeper agenda to portray the Occupy movement itself as a cover-front for illegalist organisations when in truth the movement was overwhelmingly comprised of ordinary citizens motivated enough to make their feelings known about the scandalous banking practices that have caused so much misery to people and brought the world to the edge of economic ruin.
Government always will -- and always have -- employed black propaganda to marginalise and disparage the sentiment and perspective of the common man in the street. Western governments, being the lackeys of global banking interests and the supra-rich elite, fear and loath the coming together of the working class -- the 99%. One effective way for government and the capitalist class to maintain their hegemony is to portray working class collectives and movements as "anarchist" and "dangers to society".

It is unfortunate that the compliant media re-spin this calumny as exampled in the news report above. It describes the three incompetent fools as anarchists without informing us as to which Anarchist group they might be members of; they ( the media) know full well that the term "anarchists" instills a degree of disgust in the mind of the general public whereas Anarchism itself is a well-established and thoughtful political philosophy. These muppets pictured are no more of the genuine Anarchist movement than is Mitt Romney.
And neither have they as much of a tie to the Occupy movement as a flea to the hair of a dog. I'm glad you wrote that. And now you understand why I named this thread the way I did.

Your reply could have just as easily been made by a tea-party type or a Republican, when the common charge of racist is hurled at them by those with a similar agenda to what you describe in your reply...

Tom
09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
You left out the ending....did you save the world?
Or just hurt small businesses and inhibit Joe-Citizen from enjoying the parks and streets and things that he pays for with his taxes just you could feel warm and fuzzy?

I'm on pins and needles to find out.

Valuist
09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
MS Paint - cut and pastes and filled in the black between the head and shoulders.

Do I get a check for mentioning the shampoo?

You should've used the pic where Obama looks like The Joker.

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm glad you wrote that. And now you understand why I named this thread the way I did.

Your reply could have just as easily been made by a tea-party type or a Republican, when the common charge of racist is hurled at them by those with a similar agenda to what you describe in your reply...

So essentially you just want to excuse all of the generalizations that come from you and your cronies? Here's an idea, instead of doing that, how about encourage others to stop doing it but not doing it yourself?

Because if one reads this board the generalizations are almost entirely one sided. I realize you're in denial about this fact, but look at the last couple of pages of this room.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2012, 10:13 AM
So essentially you just want to excuse all of the generalizations that come from you and your cronies? Here's an idea, instead of doing that, how about encourage others to stop doing it but not doing it yourself?

Because if one reads this board the generalizations are almost entirely one sided. I realize you're in denial about this fact, but look at the last couple of pages of this room. Do my eyes deceive me? Or is Dahoss claiming those on the left here don't make generalizations about those on the right?

There are more right-leaners here than left-leaners. Maybe you're not taking that into account when doing your statistical analysis here in off topic. That in itself would account for the discrepancy you are claiming.

Almost one sided? Seriously dude?

Is it possible you have some of the left-leaners on ignore?

Hoofhearted
09-07-2012, 10:55 AM
You left out the ending....did you save the world?
Or just hurt small businesses
Nope Tom, world-saving was temporarily put on hold due to the camp being broken up and dispersed by heavyhanded police -- the paid mercenary protectors of Capital.
But hey, although that particular battle was lost the war is far from over, bud. Like Leonard Cohen says "The rich have got their channels in the bedrooms of the poor, And there's a mighty judgement coming ..............."
Like many others I learned a harsh lesson from my involvement with the Occupy movement. The forces available to the global banking elite and the corporate conglomerates make them a formidable foe to go head-to-head against. They will crush you every time because they have the police, judiciary and even government in their pocket.
I have learnt that there are other more effective ways of skinning this particular cat than offering oneself as cannon fodder at a futile Occupy protest. Counter-Economics and the application of same is a great mechanism for getting back most of what they have taken from us in their greed.

Hoofhearted
09-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Oh, forgot to say ................... what you on about with the "small businesses" being hurt, Tom?
The only people I saw getting hurt were some peaceful middle-aged Occupiers getting whacked by cops batons when the camp was being forcibly dismantled.

Tom
09-07-2012, 11:08 AM
In numerous Occupy sites, small shops, diners, restaurants, etc, saw business drop off when parks, streets, etc, were block and people stayed away.

Protesting is one thing, it is your right, but the trouble is, most of you guys feel your right to protest superceeds everyone else's rights. That is when you become the problem, and we call out our "dogs" to disperse you. Not for the powerful banks, but the tax paying citizens who make this country possible.

Maybe if you guys tried something intelligent instead of pitching pup tents in a city park, people might take you seriously. Until then, those three in the photo are who you shall remain.

The Tea Party rallies met briefly, made their point, cleaned up any mess and went back home, and then made serious changes through the use of their ballots. THEY made the change. The Occupy crew is still waiting for some to do it for them. That is why you are viewed as you are - it is deserved.

Robert Fischer
09-07-2012, 11:13 AM
lot's of interesting stuff here

on one hand you have the fact that these scum were coerced into a bomb plot by a trained leader, a plan, and materials(albeit fake materials). I recall a similar incident in Oregon, and possibly others, don't feel like sorting through google for this ATM.

And there is the whole debate that goes along with that. It's similar to drug laws and the like. If you agree to setup a big drug deal after the coercion of a trained informant/agent, then you go to jail.

I'm not personally debating this, just find it interesting.

Then there is a question; To what degree did this specific coercion involve a "group dynamic".
Were these 3 or 4 dirtballs simply running their mouths and drawing attention to themselves and then targeted separately?
- Or were leaders of the entire group involved in the operation and actively working to create such a group-dynamic??
The later is an even more interesting question, and it concerns the element of human behavior in groups, and I hope that it isn't the case.

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Almost one sided? Seriously dude?

Yep, I'm serious.

My turn for a question. How did you come up with the name Paceadvantage for the site? Was "angrywhiteguysunite.com" taken?

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Yep, I'm serious.

My turn for a question. How did you come up with the name Paceadvantage for the site? Was "angrywhiteguysunite.com" taken?I take it you don't read too many of the posts around here then...and I know for a fact you certainly didn't read the posts made here by those that "lean left" when there was a Republican in the White House from 2000 - 2008.

For if you had, you wouldn't be making such silly statements.

What's the matter Dahoss? Something got you down? Is that why you're slumming it out down here with us angry white guys?

Do I seem angry to you? Technically, I'm not even all that white.... :lol:

Tom
09-07-2012, 03:28 PM
You should have been here for the 2000 election!
We had some real slobberknockers!

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
I take it you don't read too many of the posts around here then...and I know for a fact you certainly didn't read the posts made here by those that "lean left" when there was a Republican in the White House from 2000 - 2008.

For if you had, you wouldn't be making such silly statements.

What's the matter Dahoss? Something got you down? Is that why you're slumming it out down here with us angry white guys?

Do I seem angry to you? Technically, I'm not even all that white.... :lol:

So you would deny that this area of the board is dominated by angry white guys?

Are you able to honestly discuss your board at all, or are you in such denial that you're believing your own bullshit?

Robert Fischer
09-07-2012, 03:44 PM
i could be missing the point here (off in la-la land...), but folks are going to make generalizations.

There's only 2 parties :D

JustRalph
09-07-2012, 03:46 PM
So you would deny that this area of the board is dominated by angry white guys?

Are you able to honestly discuss your board at all, or are you in such denial that you're believing your own bullshit?

I am an angry white guy. I will wear it proudly.

Hoofhearted, what do you think of the Teachers union paying for the transportation of the occupy movement from city to city? Were you toted about by a union?

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2012, 03:57 PM
So you would deny that this area of the board is dominated by angry white guys?Do you deny the demographics of the racing areas are any different? Plenty of angry people on there, and I'll bet most of them are white too.

What exactly is your point?

If we go to the pretty pony boards, you'll find more females, but I bet most of them are white too...

Am I sensing this place isn't nice enough for you? I mean, I know you are a VERY NICE person to people on the racing side of things. I get PMs all the time complimenting me on how NICE you are to people, especially newbies, and people who might get some facts wrong in their posts...you are nothing but nice and TOLERANT with people like that, or so I'm told...I wouldn't know...I'm too angry and white to know the difference anymore. :lol:

Let's continue to talk about different sides of the board and who is nice and who isn't, shall we?

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Do you deny the demographics of the racing areas are any different? Plenty of angry people on there, and I'll bet most of them are white too.

What exactly is your point?

If we go to the pretty pony boards, you'll find more females, but I bet most of them are white too...

Am I sensing this place isn't nice enough for you? I mean, I know you are a VERY NICE person to people on the racing side of things. I get PMs all the time complimenting me on how NICE you are to people, especially newbies, and people who might gets some facts wrong in their posts...you are nothing but nice and TOLERANT with people like that, or so I'm told...I wouldn't know...I'm too angry and white to know the difference anymore. :lol:

Let's continue to talk about different sides of the board and who is nice and who isn't, shall we?

And here it all comes. I'm a big meanie so what I'm saying doesn't matter, regardless of how accurate it is.

I'd have to say though, I expect the mean to newbies stuff from others, but you should know that isn't the truth. And apparently being factual is a bad thing?

Hilarious....really.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2012, 04:16 PM
And here it all comes. I'm a big meanie so what I'm saying doesn't matter, regardless of how accurate it is.

I'd have to say though, I expect the mean to newbies stuff from others, but you should know that isn't the truth. And apparently being factual is a bad thing?

Hilarious....really.Accurate? I basically agreed with you. Of course this site would be mostly white. What racing site on the internet is comprised mostly of minorities?

So, we agree on it being white.

Now for the men part. Yes, most racing websites dedicated to handicapping would be comprised mostly of men. WE agree again!

Now for the angry part. People are angry. They're angry with politicians of both parties and they're angry at the state of racing in this country.

There is anger on the racing side of things...why wouldn't there be anger here?

I agree with you AGAIN!

So if your point was to show how much in denial I am about things, it appears your theory is in fact baseless. I agree with everything you wrote. This site is mostly men, mostly white, some of whom are angry.

What's truly hilarious is you acting like this is a bad thing or something UNUSUAL for the Internet or society in general.

And don't act like you haven't pissed off a lot of people over the years, often times INTENTIONALLY and just for the sheer delight of doing so.

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 09:01 PM
an understanding of basics

And don't act like you haven't pissed off a lot of people over the years, often times INTENTIONALLY and just for the sheer delight of doing so.

Don't backtrack....you said I am specifically mean to newbies which is just a flat out lie. I have no patience for people who pretend they are experts when they don't even have a basic understanding of concepts. But a newbie who is genuinely interested in learning? No way.

It's just the opposite and every time I get a pm from someone asking me advice or a question I go out of my way to answer.

Frankly, it's kind of disappointing to see you echo the same misinformation as some of the others.

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2012, 09:07 PM
You're right...I'm just a fountain of misinformation. Apparently, I'm only writing these things to sully your good name. That must make me evil, on top of angry.

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
You're right...I'm just a fountain of misinformation. Apparently, I'm only writing these things to sully your good name. That must make me evil, on top of angry.

So in your opinion I am especially mean to newbies?

PaceAdvantage
09-07-2012, 10:20 PM
So in your opinion I am especially mean to newbies?I take back my mean to newbies comment. First off, it's tough to tell genuine newbies from retreads these days.

However, you can be a tad aggressive with those who display even the slightest ignorance on a particular topic.

sammy the sage
09-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Ya'll should GET a room...this pot/kettle black stuff has lost it's luster ;)

ElKabong
09-07-2012, 10:27 PM
dahoss needs as many "rooms" as Jennifer Tilly's sugar daddy had bathrooms.....and growing by the day.

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 11:27 PM
dahoss needs as many "rooms" as Jennifer Tilly's sugar daddy had bathrooms.....and growing by the day.

When's the last time you posted something horse racing related?

ElKabong
09-07-2012, 11:35 PM
When was the last time you got laid?

That was so fun....

ElKabong
09-07-2012, 11:37 PM
p.s...I don't want a room with you :lol:

As soon as anything changes in the world of handicapping, I'll let you know. Until then....nothing to discuss that hasn't been discussed 1000 times before

Tom
09-07-2012, 11:42 PM

That was so fun....

OK, you are in it for retort of the month.:lol:

ElKabong
09-07-2012, 11:44 PM
as in calendar month, or The Cycle? ;)

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 11:50 PM

That was so fun....

Interesting response...especially from a "straight guy".

Does this mean I'm free to say whatever I want?

ElKabong
09-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Sure, but I won't listen to you.

Go get those wounds taken care of. I'm going to handicap for tomorrow. Toodles!

Dahoss9698
09-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Nah...nevermind. If I was interested in taking care of my wounds I'd say something like "ask your wife about the last time I got laid."

But that would be wrong. So I won't.

Have fun "handicapping." :D

JustRalph
09-08-2012, 03:40 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/09/07/Occupy-Unmasked-FoxNews-Explosive

I am surprised to see Mark Cuban involved in this............

Hoofhearted
09-08-2012, 04:11 AM
In numerous Occupy sites, small shops, diners, restaurants, etc, saw business drop off
Quite ironic, that !
Here we are experiencing history's greatest transfer of sovereign/public wealth into the hands of the super-rich elites via billions of bailout funds etc (wholesale theft in any language) .................... and you appear to be more concerned with a few petite bourgeoisie shopkeepers having a drop of five per cent in sales.
Priorities, man. Priorities !

Hoofhearted
09-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Hoofhearted, what do you think of the Teachers union paying for the transportation of the occupy movement from city to city? Were you toted about by a union?
Ralph, I don't see why anyone should have an issue with it ! (with unions subsidising some small expenses incurred by union members in the course of protesting on a matter that substantially affects all union members).
Don't you think that the "other side" throws huge amounts of money at lobbyists and various conservative organisations that follow the capitalist line?
As the Occupy Wall Street movement was showing a presence in New York, did JP Morgan Chase not make a multi-million donation to the NYPD to purchase equipment .............. the same police force that later brutally beat up people at the camp-in protests?

Tom
09-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Quite ironic, that !
Here we are experiencing history's greatest transfer of sovereign/public wealth into the hands of the super-rich elites via billions of bailout funds etc (wholesale theft in any language) .................... and you appear to be more concerned with a few petite bourgeoisie shopkeepers having a drop of five per cent in sales.
Priorities, man. Priorities !

I support small businesses - obviously, your self-centered idiots don't care about anyone. Here is the bottom line - you accomplished nothing and hurt some innocent people with your moronic and childish crap rallies. I support setting the hounds free on these rallies - dog bites are a good reminder that you do not own this country any more than those you pretend to be against.

How many jobs did your army of bums create last month? Or your idiot leader in DC?

Give me the evil corporation any day - THEY make this country strong, not street vermin.

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2012, 12:11 PM

That was so fun....I overlooked this comment at first, but it really is uncalled for...and should have been deleted.