PDA

View Full Version : A Yankee El Foldo?

melman
09-05-2012, 07:22 AM
On July 18th the Yanks had a 10 game lead in the AL East. Today they have no lead at all. They have gone 19-26 since that date. No one wants to hear about to many guys being hurt either. That did not work for Boston or Atlanta last season when they had many injuries. This will be a great month for baseball fans no matter who your contending team is. At the start of the season I did not like the idea of a second wild card and the one game playoff. Now I have changed my mind. This is a whole lota fun.

rastajenk
09-06-2012, 09:06 AM
One thing that occurred to me, when they added the second wildcard position, was that the deeper you get into the standings, the more likely you could have ties. So there could be a one-game playoff to determine who gets to the new One Game Playoff, I think.

I wonder if a tournament of single elimination games going even deeper into the standings might be interesting, with the winner joining the division champs in the traditional series method of advancement.

:cool:

Stillriledup
09-10-2012, 02:25 AM
On July 18th the Yanks had a 10 game lead in the AL East. Today they have no lead at all. They have gone 19-26 since that date. No one wants to hear about to many guys being hurt either. That did not work for Boston or Atlanta last season when they had many injuries. This will be a great month for baseball fans no matter who your contending team is. At the start of the season I did not like the idea of a second wild card and the one game playoff. Now I have changed my mind. This is a whole lota fun.

Yanks can win that division by as many games as they want to...they only 'blew' their lead because they were bored.

ElKabong
09-10-2012, 07:45 PM
One thing that occurred to me, when they added the second wildcard position, was that the deeper you get into the standings, the more likely you could have ties. So there could be a one-game playoff to determine who gets to the new One Game Playoff, I think.

I wonder if a tournament of single elimination games going even deeper into the standings might be interesting, with the winner joining the division champs in the traditional series method of advancement.

:cool:

like it