Pages : [1] 2

Tom
09-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Kicks off tonight.
You need photo ID to get in.
Isn't that racist?

ArlJim78
09-04-2012, 01:56 PM
I see the cult of personality is stronger than ever in their platform.

Barack Obama is the most cited term in the Democrat platform. Out
of the 40 pages that make up the platform, Obama is cited by name on 38 of them. He is cited over 200 times throughout the document. The Democrat party's platform is really Obama's campaign manifesto.

Let me put this in perspective. In 2008, the Democrat party
platform mentioned Barack Obama 8 times. This year's GOP platform mentions Mitt Romney...ONCE. And, the mention is in the introduction, not the body of the platform.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/04/dem-platform-obama

Dahoss9698
09-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Kicks off tonight.
Isn't that racist?

I'm sure I'm just missing a really funny inside "joke" but what is racist about needing a photo ID to get in?

Tom
09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
mostie and others have said that requiring photo ID to vote was racist.
I wanted to see if they would think this was, too.

Dahoss9698
09-04-2012, 02:24 PM
mostie and others have said that requiring photo ID to vote was racist.
I wanted to see if they would think this was, too.

Gotcha. I disagree with the idea that requiring a photo ID to vote is racist. It's not racist at all IMO (if that was what was said.)

But isn't that a bit different than this? Just for security reasons you would want people to present a photo ID to get into the convention.

Overlay
09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Kicks off tonight.
As William Shatner said in Airplane! 2:

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."

ArlJim78
09-04-2012, 02:44 PM
if you live in certain areas in Charlotte and walk down the street to your home you can be stopped for no reason and asked to produce a government ID.
now that's rich.

tracksim
09-04-2012, 02:58 PM
For security reasons I prefer to know the person voting is in fact eligible to vote and before you give me some line blah blah blah let me remind you of all the proven ACORN fraud in 2008 and we all know ACORN was not supporting the Republicans

The Democratic National Convention
Kicks off tonight.
Isn't that racist?

Overlay
09-04-2012, 03:06 PM
For security reasons I prefer to know the person voting is in fact eligible to vote and before you give me some line blah blah blah let me remind you of all the proven ACORN fraud in 2008 and we all know ACORN was not supporting the Republicans

The Democratic National Convention
Kicks off tonight.
Isn't that racist?
Unless I'm misinterpreting your point, I believe that Tom had his tongue firmly in his cheek. He was commenting on the inconsistency in the Democrats' requiring delegates to show ID to get into the convention hall, while they say at the same time that efforts to require voters to present identification before being allowed to vote are discriminatory against the poor and minorities.

Tom
09-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Gotcha. I disagree with the idea that requiring a photo ID to vote is racist. It's not racist at all IMO (if that was what was said.)

But isn't that a bit different than this? Just for security reasons you would want people to present a photo ID to get into the convention.

As a rational person, yes, I would....that is the irony. :D

Tom
09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Obama surveys the stage prior to the opening of the convention....

NJ Stinks
09-04-2012, 07:43 PM
I see the cult of personality is stronger than ever in their platform.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/04/dem-platform-obama

The difference is that Obama is proud of the Democratic platform whereas Romney is not.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Tom
09-04-2012, 10:34 PM
The difference is that Obama is proud of the Democratic platform whereas Romney is not.

Why would Romney be proud of the Democrat platform?

NJ Stinks
09-04-2012, 10:51 PM

OK. I'll fix it just for you.

The difference is that Obama is proud of the Democratic platform whereas Romney is not proud of the Republican platform.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Valuist
09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Their line:

"Government is the only thing we all belong to."

What's worse? The grammar or the philosophy?

mostpost
09-04-2012, 11:37 PM
You know what he meant.

I would have said the same thing you did.

Boris
09-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Who the hell did Michelle Obama's hair? The cowlick was very distracting.

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Probably the same person who did Clint Eastwood's... :lol:

bigmack
09-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Her eyebrows are looking more & more like those of Boris in your avatartar.

Michelle Obama gives one of the great speeches in American Convention history and you talk about her hair? :rolleyes:

No one will ever drown in you.
That's weird, I just heard that same thing, 28 times, over on your Mothership; MSNBC.

Wax poetic for us on how you found it one of the "great" speeches.

mostpost
09-04-2012, 11:44 PM

Michelle Obama gives one of the great speeches in American Convention history and you talk about her hair? :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2012, 11:45 PM

No one will ever drown in you.One of the greatest speeches in American Convention history...lol

How many times did she "fake stutter," as if trying to show she wasn't using a teleprompter but instead speaking from the heart? I lost count...kind of distracted from that "greatest speech" big time...

bigmack
09-04-2012, 11:49 PM
How many times did she "fake stutter," .
I call it a contrived stutter. VERY big with Rachel Maddoo.

Tonight, t-t-toward the end of her speech. M-m-Michelle actually used a t-t-t-three in. You don't normally hear past a two in. B-b-b-Barack has been schooled in this hack cadenced delivery parlor trick as w-w-w-ell. :(

ArlJim78
09-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I see Gov Quinn and Mayor Emanuel of Illinois and Chicago were speakers tonight. what did they talk about, how to run a state into the ground? or how to increase violence?

NJ Stinks
09-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Apparently, I struggled less as a young man than both presidential nominees. :confused:

Even though I hit rock bottom more than once at Garden State Park. ;)

Boris
09-05-2012, 12:57 AM

You can't tell me you didn't want to reach up there and cut that hair flip. Did she ride a motorcycle to the convention?

JustRalph
09-05-2012, 01:20 AM
While Rahm was speaking, crime in Charlotte went up 20%

lsbets
09-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Michelle Obama gives one of the great speeches in American Convention history

That's a joke, right? You're being paid to play a role? You can't possibly be serious.

NJ Stinks
09-05-2012, 01:31 AM
One of the greatest speeches in American Convention history...lol

How many times did she "fake stutter," as if trying to show she wasn't using a teleprompter but instead speaking from the heart? I lost count...kind of distracted from that "greatest speech" big time...

Don't most people try to give a speech or talk on TV like they are not using a teleprompter?

Did anybody on the left nitpick about Ann Romney using a teleprompter last week?

In short, are you not being petty, PA?

And, if not, why not? :p

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Don't most people try to give a speech or talk on TV like they are not using a teleprompter?

Did anybody on the left nitpick about Ann Romney using a teleprompter last week?

In short, are you not being petty, PA?

And, if not, why not? :pI didn't watch Ann Romney's speech...

bigmack
09-05-2012, 02:06 AM
That's a joke, right? You're being paid to play a role? You can't possibly be serious.
While any one of us can dig a good debate, his act is REAL tired.

Stone cold parrot. Bla bla bla, same old shit. He never learns a thing.

Anyone who tries to debate mosty on anything is a bigger fool.

He's an impostor in serious debate. He's a mere tool.

lsbets
09-05-2012, 02:13 AM
While any one of us can dig a good debate, his act is REAL tired.

Stone cold parrot. Bla bla bla, same old shit. He never learns a thing.

Anyone who tries to debate mosty on anything is a bigger fool.

He's an impostor in serious debate. He's a mere tool.

I got a kick of him telling Wisconsin that he knew the tax rates in Wisconsin's town better than he does. Then Wisconsin comes back with the tax rates. Ooops, mosty was wrong again. I didn't check back to see if he at least said "oops". But that's his pattern. He's an expert on everything he knows nothing about - be it local tax rates in other states, economic theory, raising a family, fighting a war, same day voter registration, voter fraud, being a successful person, and many more. The facts get thrown at him and don't faze him a bit, he keep parroting the party line like some crazed Jihadist citing the Koran.

But he's really smart. He told us. He took a test, and can join a club. :lol:

Tom
09-05-2012, 07:45 AM

It's not nice to call the First Lady a cow!
But yes, she was distracting.

Tom
09-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Noticed no debt clock, like the repubs had.
Could they be trying to avoid the 800 pound gorilla in the room?

NJ Stinks
09-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Noticed no debt clock, like the repubs had.
Could they be trying to avoid the 800 pound gorilla in the room?

Did Repubs mention cutting taxes while fighting two wars last week?

Did Repubs mention lst week that Romney proudly paid at a 14% tax rate on $21M in income in 2010?

Do the above have nothing to do with the debt clock?

If Repubs had any shame at all, they wouldn't dare mention the debt clock.

Tom
09-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Do ever read anything other than your daily marching orders form Commie.com? :D

The DEBT is at the core of this election, not abortion, a phony war on women, and all the other garbage Obama focuses on instead the REAL issues.

The goal of the repubs to cut that debt by cutting spending.
The dems have plans to spend more and more money we do not have.
Pretty stupid polices to be following.

Dems have no clue how economics work.
You guys are willing to spend every single dollar our side earns.

ten2oneormore
09-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Do ever read anything other than your daily marching orders form Commie.com? :D

The DEBT is at the core of this election, not abortion, a phony war on women, and all the other garbage Obama focuses on instead the REAL issues.

The goal of the repubs to cut that debt by cutting spending.
The dems have plans to spend more and more money we do not have.
Pretty stupid polices to be following.

Dems have no clue how economics work.
You guys are willing to spend every single dollar our side earns.

Thats funny , I thought I just saw a post of yours where you said the exact same thing Paul Ryan said today.

Here is a news flash for you Einstein ,Mitt Romney,Paul Ryan,George Bush,Ronald Reagan,i.e republicans don't give a shyt about the debt, its propaganda to get people like yourself that have a problem formulating their own opinion to vote for them.Hell Reagan is where they got the idea that the national debt doesn't matter.

Tom
09-05-2012, 03:11 PM
It's Eintstein, Brainiac.

And I have no problems forming my own opinions, maybe they are just above your pay grade.

ten2oneormore
09-05-2012, 03:17 PM

And I have no problems forming my own opinions, maybe they are just above your pay grade.

1)No its not

2)If you made sense it would go a lot further

bigmack
09-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Here is a news flash for you Einstein ,Mitt Romney,Paul Ryan,,i.e republicans don't give a shyt about the debt, its propaganda to get people like yourself that have a problem formulating their own opinion to vote for them.
Prove they don't care about the debt.

How about you. How much do you care about the debt ?

ArlJim78
09-05-2012, 06:06 PM
oh now this is terribly unjust. the religious fanatics in the democratic party leadership have ramrodded a platform ammendment through which recognizes Jerusalem and puts God back into the platform, and this over the clear objections of the crowd.

cncbOEoQbOg

in any case the video is hilarious, watch this idiot from LA presiding over the proceedings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncbOEoQbOg&feature=player_embedded#!

bigmack
09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
in any case the video is hilarious, watch this idiot from LA presiding over the proceedings.
Fitting, that fiasco occurred with one of the biggest clowns in political history at the helm, Tony Villar. No wait, since he married Corina Raigosa at the age of 34, he wants you to call him Antonio Villaraigosa.

What a bunch of buffoons. Now it comes out that it was re-instated via word from the top dog. BO himself. :lol:
---------------

Nancy "The Pimp" Pelosi just took the stage and began with a nice line -

President Obama has been working for jobs SINCE DAY ONE!

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Thats funny , I thought I just saw a post of yours where you said the exact same thing Paul Ryan said today.

Here is a news flash for you Einstein ,Mitt Romney,Paul Ryan,George Bush,Ronald Reagan,i.e republicans don't give a shyt about the debt, its propaganda to get people like yourself that have a problem formulating their own opinion to vote for them.Hell Reagan is where they got the idea that the national debt doesn't matter.Evidently Obama and the dems don't give a shit about the debt either...other than increasing it at a breakneck pace...

Rookies
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM

It was apparently a pretty decent one. So sayeth one of Toronto's Con Newspapers: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/05/memorable-first-lady-speech-confirms-michelle-is-still-the-most-popular-obama-in-the-while-house/

Not sure, if it was one of the greatest at a Convention, but that comment pales in foolishness about the take on Von Ryan's speech:

"it has to be the greatest speech that i have ever heard in my life."

Now, that was a knee slapper...:lol:

What? Nosing out:

'We shall fight them on the beaches'
'Ich bin ein Berliner'
' A day that will live in Infamy'
' I have a dream'
' Four score and seven years ago'
'There are no red states and blue states'
'Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem'.
'It is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth. '

Ridiculous... and these are the ones from my lifetime, that I can remember off the top of my head!

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2012, 07:29 PM
oh now this is terribly unjust. the religious fanatics in the democratic party leadership have ramrodded a platform ammendment through which recognizes Jerusalem and puts God back into the platform, and this over the clear objections of the crowd.

cncbOEoQbOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncbOEoQbOg&feature=player_embedded#!Democrats showing a real lack of balls on this one. They should own up to their beliefs. Own up to their growing anti-Israeli, anti-God faction within the party.

Why try and hide the obvious? Oh, I know...it's national TV time... :lol:

ArlJim78
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I can't get over that God was booed at their convention.:lol:

Mike at A+
09-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Looks like the fix was in. http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/05/picture-snapped-and-emailed-to-me-by-a-colleague-from-the-clarification-process/

bigmack
09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Looks like the fix was in. http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/05/picture-snapped-and-emailed-to-me-by-a-colleague-from-the-clarification-process/
As if we need to see a picture to confirm.

Christ, what a pile of dolts. :D

-------------------

Chrissy is blowin' a gasket over the 'code' in MR saying a joke and here we have God & Jerusalem out and in with a bogus vote?

Blatant haters & racists in this devoid party.

WlM5VAh-17c

JustRalph
09-05-2012, 08:26 PM

:lol: Tom, you kill me :lol:

ten2oneormore
09-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Prove they don't care about the debt.

How about you. How much do you care about the debt ?

Well under the last 4 Republicans the debt rose while under the last 5 democrats(excluding Obama) the debt shrunk.

Under Reagan the debt went from 900 billion to 2.8 trillion

Under W the debt went from 5.7 trillion to 10.7 trillion (He also left while we were fighting 2 wars and a housing crisis causing Wall Street to all but collapse)

Romney is a republican.

There is absolutely nothing I could do to affect the national debt. I worry about things that I can control.I will say if our financials were in ruin there wouldn't be numerous countries trying to buy as much of our debt as they can get.

Evidently Obama and the dems don't give a shit about the debt either...other than increasing it at a breakneck pace...

A large part of that breakneck pace is because Obama put the wars on the books.Something Bush swept under the rug.

As I said up there under the last 5 democrats(excluding Obama) the debt shrunk.There was nothing Obama could do when he arrived .I know Bush gets blamed for everything ,its an excuse, yada yada.Lets just ignore how much the wars cost and what would have happened if Obama didn't save the banks /auto industry.

If you can't see how the Romney campaign is all about trying to misinform the public then you're just not being honest with yourself or you're not being honest with everyone else.

All things being equal who would you lean toward if you were handicapping which party cares more about reducing the debt?

bigmack
09-05-2012, 10:17 PM
There is absolutely nothing I could do to affect the national debt. I worry about things that I can control.
I haven't interest in 8 Democrats and all the other asinine things you're talking about. Fact is the debt has SERIOUSLY ESCALATED the last 4 years.

I don't give a shit who's fault it is, better do something about it. Ain't no way BO is going to do anything about it.

So you can stop with your little dopey political position. The debt is HUGE and it jeopardizes EVERYTHING. Any fool knows that.

lamboguy
09-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Elizabeth Warren is so bad, when i wake up tomorrow, the first thing i am going to do is find the place to send Scott Brown $100 for his campaign.

bigmack
09-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Warren (Pocahontas) is one angry, bookish, nerd. Sound advice to have a chip on her shoulder, goof who's about to lose the Senate race to a Cosmo nude boy, give a speech at this clambake.

Tom
09-05-2012, 11:01 PM
1)No its not

2)If you made sense it would go a lot further

1. YES, it is.

Tom
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
What's the over/under on how long it takes Clinton to jump the condom broad?

Tom
09-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Enough said....

KiIP_KDQmXs

johnhannibalsmith
09-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Has Clinton stopped babbling yet?

Tom
09-05-2012, 11:38 PM
No, as soon as he stops, he has to go back home to Hillary! :lol:

bigmack
09-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Not til the fat lady sings and she ain't singin' til she finishes her cigar.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E8BpJEni77I/TNxhkAa82HI/AAAAAAAANeI/9v9u5lWsmpo/s1600/monica_lewinsky.jpg

hcap
09-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Enough said....

KiIP_KDQmXs

THIS lying pervert just cinched Obama's re-election
unlike most of the lying perverts at Tampa who just shot their cumulative wads.

elysiantraveller
09-05-2012, 11:51 PM
unlike most of the lying perverts at Tampa who just shot their cumulative wads.

Wow... man...

It was a pretty good speech. He handled most objections well and went after the GOP pretty convincingly (albeit somewhat unfactual way) but cinched?...

Cinched...? Thats a bit of a stretch...

This speech has some problems.

NJ Stinks
09-05-2012, 11:56 PM

Bill Clinton is the most brilliant American politician in my lifetime. The man just knows what to say and how to say it. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

bigmack
09-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow... man...

It was a pretty good speech. He handled most objections well and went after the GOP pretty convincingly (albeit somewhat unfactual way) but cinched?...

Let him have this small moment. Personally, I relish his deep hatred. I mean, lying perverts. Cumulative wads.

He's an old hippie SEETHING with hatred. Somehow, ya gotta love it.

johnhannibalsmith
09-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow... man...

It was a drawn-out, overbearing compilation of every monologue given on cable news "interviews" that lay on the hyperbole and poetry, all dressed up in that cutesy Clinton backwoods twang.

He didn't fumble his words or look to be on a heroin bender or anything like that - but this was no great speech - it wasn't even pretty good, just wasn't tragically awful like most that you hear anymore.

Reiterations of every talking point... again and again and again and again... in Clintonese.

Come to think of it- don't we already have these conventions on a few stations 24/7/365... just more of the same uninspiring, formulaic nonsense.

lsbets
09-05-2012, 11:58 PM
It was apparently a pretty decent one. So sayeth one of Toronto's Con Newspapers: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/05/memorable-first-lady-speech-confirms-michelle-is-still-the-most-popular-obama-in-the-while-house/

Not sure, if it was one of the greatest at a Convention, but that comment pales in foolishness about the take on Von Ryan's speech:

"it has to be the greatest speech that i have ever heard in my life."

Now, that was a knee slapper...:lol:

What? Nosing out:

'We shall fight them on the beaches'
'Ich bin ein Berliner'
' A day that will live in Infamy'
' I have a dream'
' Four score and seven years ago'
'There are no red states and blue states'
'Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem'.
'It is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth. '

Ridiculous... and these are the ones from my lifetime, that I can remember off the top of my head!

That wasn't my take on Ryan, but one thing from your post stood out to me:

Four score and seven years ago was from your lifetime?

You've convinced me. Your healthcare is definitely the best in the world. I thought people only lived that long in Boxcar's imagination.

johnhannibalsmith
09-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Bill Clinton is the most brilliant American politician in my lifetime. The man just knows what to say and how to say it. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Really? What about that speech in particular did he say that you liked? Nevermind the way that he said it, but what new revelation or inspiration did you extrapolate from that?

hcap
09-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Wow... man...

Cinched...? Thats a bit of a stretch...If all the cons here can celebrate a couple of doltish unexciting retugs, then I can get happy about one of the the best politicians around.

Obama and Clinton whether or not they like each other just won the overall PR contest of both conventions

dartman51
09-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Well under the last 4 Republicans the debt rose while under the last 5 democrats(excluding Obama) the debt shrunk.

Under Reagan the debt went from 900 billion to 2.8 trillion

Under W the debt went from 5.7 trillion to 10.7 trillion (He also left while we were fighting 2 wars and a housing crisis causing Wall Street to all but collapse)

Romney is a republican.

There is absolutely nothing I could do to affect the national debt. I worry about things that I can control.I will say if our financials were in ruin there wouldn't be numerous countries trying to buy as much of our debt as they can get.

A large part of that breakneck pace is because Obama put the wars on the books.Something Bush swept under the rug.

As I said up there under the last 5 democrats(excluding Obama) the debt shrunk.There was nothing Obama could do when he arrived .I know Bush gets blamed for everything ,its an excuse, yada yada.Lets just ignore how much the wars cost and what would have happened if Obama didn't save the banks /auto industry.

If you can't see how the Romney campaign is all about trying to misinform the public then you're just not being honest with yourself or you're not being honest with everyone else.

All things being equal who would you lean toward if you were handicapping which party cares more about reducing the debt?

WRONG, see, that's what is wrong when the media and the Dems shout something long enough, people like you believe it. The National Debt went up under Clinton..$1,114,713,502,186.74. So I guess all that bragging about Clinton leaving W a surplus, was just another Democrat LIE. So what else is new. :ThmbUp:

sandpit
09-06-2012, 12:00 AM

How old are you, 12?

lsbets
09-06-2012, 12:02 AM

No one you choose, the debt has gone up under every president since 1950, and your take on off the book wars not being counted in the numbers was proven to be a lie a long time ago.

NJ Stinks
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
How old are you, 12?

I'm 62 and stand by what I said. It matters not if you agree with me.

lsbets
09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm 62 and stand by what I said. It matters not if you agree with me.

I agree with you. He is a great politician. He is great at getting out the message he wants people to hear. After 1994, he fought the Republican agenda tooth and nail, and when it passed and worked, he jumped up and down to claim it as his legacy. But, I give him credit for that. He had a Congress that had its own agenda and was not going to give in to him. Instead of crying about it, and whining about them (he whined for elections, but that's politics), he found a way to work with them and get things done. He found a way to be a leader. Unlike the current President who is to insecure to lead and would rather cry non stop then step up and be a leader. Obama would have done well to learn from Clinton.

johnhannibalsmith
09-06-2012, 12:13 AM
I agree with you. He is a great politician. ...

That I can agree with too. I looked forward to his speech more than anyone else's from either party with the hope that he might just go off-party-script a bit and assert himself as a leader with a useful message to all. Five minutes in I thought I might get that, but it all dissolved shortly thereafter.

NJ Stinks
09-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Really? What about that speech in particular did he say that you liked? Nevermind the way that he said it, but what new revelation or inspiration did you extrapolate from that?

Off the top of my head Clinton explained in detail what will happen if Romney wins. It's important that people understand the ramifications of cutting taxes. Namely, it will continue to increase cuts in entitlement programs like Medicaid and other programs vital to this country.

People need to know what will happen if Romney wins and what will happen if Obama wins. Clinton explained it really well.

Hey, maybe most people think Romney's approach is right for the country. Maybe enough people still believe in trickle down. If so, Romney wins. But at least I feel better now that Clinton laid out what's at stake in November.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 12:24 AM
As I said up there under the last 5 democrats(excluding Obama) the debt shrunk.There was nothing Obama could do when he arrived .I know Bush gets blamed for everything ,its an excuse, yada yada.Lets just ignore how much the wars cost and what would have happened if Obama didn't save the banks /auto industry.How much exactly did the wars cost and what percentage of the debt that Obama has added can directly be attributed to these wars?

And since Obama and the Democrats (at least at face value) EMBRACED the invasion of Afghanistan, it's probably unfair to drop that cost solely on Bush, especially considering Obama is still in Afghanistan after four years.

But I'll even let you include Afghanistan, cause I'm a helluva guy.

So lay it on me...what's the bottom line number and what percentage does that comprise of the total Obama debt over the last four years?

lsbets
09-06-2012, 12:25 AM
That I can agree with too. I looked forward to his speech more than anyone else's from either party with the hope that he might just go off-party-script a bit and assert himself as a leader with a useful message to all. Five minutes in I thought I might get that, but it all dissolved shortly thereafter.

By all reports, he hates Obama, but going off script would not accomplish what he wants. Aside from being a great politician, he has a huge ego, and after this disaster of a Presidency is over, whether it be now or in 2016, he wants to reclaim his spot as the leader of the party. He can't do that if he goes off and the base decides they hate him.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 12:26 AM
unlike most of the lying perverts at Tampa who just shot their cumulative wads.I thought it was already a cinch? Are you admitting you are worried? I think you are... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Let him have this small moment. Personally, I relish his deep hatred. I mean, lying perverts. Cumulative wads.

He's an old hippie SEETHING with hatred. Somehow, ya gotta love it.Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing...you gotta love it when the real hcap comes out to play.

dav4463
09-06-2012, 12:32 AM
MSNBC talking heads said they were "giddy" ! People jumping around and cheering, going nuts for Clinton....crazy! Some of those fat women were jumping around and shaking so much they almost fell down. It was probably the most exercise any of them have had in weeks!

If he wanted to pass the Kool Aid out "jim jones style"; every single one of them would drink it!

This is how cults get started and it is easy to see how one man can have complete control of a crowd. No one questions anything he says!

IT is SCARY!

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 12:36 AM
I loved the shots of the more attractive women in the crowd gazing up at Bill with drool practically rolling down their lips... :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-06-2012, 12:46 AM
MSNBC talking heads said they were "giddy" ! People jumping around and cheering, going nuts for Clinton....crazy! Some of those fat women were jumping around and shaking so much they almost fell down. It was probably the most exercise any of them have had in weeks!

If he wanted to pass the Kool Aid out "jim jones style"; every single one of them would drink it!

This is how cults get started and it is easy to see how one man can have complete control of a crowd. No one questions anything he says!

IT is SCARY!

Not to worry, Dave. I was watching FOX News immediately after the speech. The Fair & Balanced station is confident America's attention span was shot long before Clinton shutup. Krauthammer couldn't wait to tell FOX viewers how ineffective Clinton was. Only Wallace gave Clinton kudos and I assure you Wallace wasn't ready to drink anything.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Who was the grinning idiot sitting to the left of Michelle O? Man that guy gave me the willies...he's that mayor from San Antonio who spoke the night before, right? Castro? Obama + Castro...catchy tune... :lol:

In any event, that guy really ought to cut back on the happy pills...he looked like he was about to float away at any moment tonight during Clinton's speech... :lol:

I know why he is a little creepy looking...he reminds me of a male impersonator!! :lol: :lol:

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/09/04/02/52/221-4A6wr.St.55.jpeg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/09/04/23/13/19CEl0.St.81.jpeg

http://www.globalpost.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_full_article/julian_castro_dnc_2012_09_05.jpg

bigmack
09-06-2012, 01:02 AM
One of my favorite signs was, Viva Castro Obama.

That little twin nerd doesn't even speaka Spanish. He hired a SpanIsh coach in '09. Hispanic his ass a bit more. :p

I was thinkin' a brown Howdy Doody, but drag queen fits as well. :cool:

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles2/1442463/article_images/HowdyDoody_40Episodes.jpg

NJ Stinks
09-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Obama would have done well to learn from Clinton.

Didn't want to let this go without saying I agree with you.

bigmack
09-06-2012, 01:15 AM
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-UL322_Sandra_G_20120905225717.jpg

Sandy. Baby. Why so angry? Come on girl, take it easy.

What's that ya say, you want government to spring for boots?

Uh huh. Let me ax ya this darlin', WhoTF are you again?

Big mistake with that angry chick.

johnhannibalsmith
09-06-2012, 01:28 AM
... Maybe enough people still believe in trickle down...

Everybody seems to believe in trickle down. The only difference is that one side thinks it won't trickle down from the power elite in the private sector and the other doesn't believe that it ever trickles down from the power elite in the public sector.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 01:29 AM
BTW, before Dahoss jumps down my throat about my making fun of Mr. Castro, please realize I am taking a page from the Democrat playbook...you know, the Paul Ryan/Eddie Munster page...

JustRalph
09-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Amazing. The Dems dedicate their convention to women and then run tributes to Ted Kennedy, and Bill Clinton does a keynote.

Clinton phoned it in. He earned a nice fat cuban for his appearance. And a cigar.....

hcap
09-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Clinton on repugs:

"We left him a total mess. He hasn’t cleaned it up fast enough. So fire him and put us back in'. :lol: :lol:

ElKabong
09-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Not to worry, Dave. I was watching FOX News immediately after the speech. The Fair & Balanced station is confident America's attention span was shot long before Clinton shutup. Krauthammer couldn't wait to tell FOX viewers how ineffective Clinton was. Only Wallace gave Clinton kudos and I assure you Wallace wasn't ready to drink anything.

"You lie"

Britt Hume gave him major props for delivery. MAJOR PROPS. But he did give a cautionary note the facts were not on Slick's side in many of the topics of discussion....But overall he gave Slick a lot of praise for delivery.

Apparently you weren't paying attention?

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 01:45 AM
"We left him a total mess. He hasn’t cleaned it up fast enough. So fire him and put us back in'. :lol: :lol:Not only hasn't he cleaned it up fast enough, things seem to be getting worse...see my "Record number of Americans on Food Stamps" thread... http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97446

Oh, and keep laughing! :lol: :lol: :( :(

ArlJim78
09-06-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't suppose Clinton used this line in his speech tonight;

Yv7MZr-JkEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv7MZr-JkEM

ElKabong
09-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Who was the grinning idiot sitting to the left of Michelle O? Man that guy gave me the willies...he's that mayor from San Antonio who spoke the night before, right? Castro? Obama + Castro...catchy tune... :lol:

In any event, that guy really ought to cut back on the happy pills...he looked like he was about to float away at any moment tonight during Clinton's speech... :lol:

I know why he is a little creepy looking...he reminds me of a male impersonator!! :lol: :lol:

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/09/04/02/52/221-4A6wr.St.55.jpeg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/09/04/23/13/19CEl0.St.81.jpeg

http://www.globalpost.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_full_article/julian_castro_dnc_2012_09_05.jpg

Creepy dude. CREEPY dude. Probably is one of those bathroom stall toe tappers, but in SA they won't turn him in since he's a democrat. They just line him up with a don't ask don't tell beneficiary out by his old neighborhood near VJ Keefe field.

If Henry Cisneros needs a new boyfriend, apparently he knows where to find one

hcap
09-06-2012, 01:57 AM
I don't suppose Clinton used this line in his speech tonight;

Yv7MZr-JkEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv7MZr-JkEMAnd I wonder why GW Bush was a no show at Tampa? Or why Romney didn't brag about RomneyCare?

hcap
09-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Not only hasn't he cleaned it up fast enough, things seem to be getting worse...see my "Record number of Americans on Food Stamps" thread... http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97446

Oh, and keep laughing! :lol: :lol: :( :(Ok, I will. Fact remains the Dem Convention knocked the repugs down. Unlike "no-bounce Romney", I bet we will see a substantial uptick for Obama's numbers over the next few weeks.

ElKabong
09-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Unlike "no-bounce Romney", I bet we will see a substantial uptick for Obama's numbers over the next few weeks.

Since Food Stamp recipients are mostly Democrats, then the chance of that happening is "9 times out of nine" as Ross Perot would say, if only Food Stamp recipients are polled....

ArlJim78
09-06-2012, 02:14 AM
dems are funny. this is a record they can rally around, because Obama is cleaning up the mess.

By most measures the country isn’t making slow progress; it’s
falling further behind. Some examples:

• Median incomes: These have fallen 7.3% since Obama took office,
which translates into an average of $4,000. Since the so-called recovery
started, median incomes continued to fall, dropping $2,544, or 4.8%.

• Long-term unemployed: More than three years into Obama’s
recovery, 811,000 more still fall into this category than when the recession
ended.

• Poverty: The poverty rate climbed to 15.1% in 2010, up from 14.3%
in 2009, and economists think it may have hit 15.7% last year, highest since the 1960s.

• Food stamps: There are 11.8 million more people on food stamps
since Obama’s recovery started.

• Disability: More than 1 million workers have been added to Social
Security’s disability program in the last three years.

• Gas prices: A gallon of gas cost $1.89 when Obama was sworn in.
By June 2009, the price was $2.70. Today, it’s $3.84.

• Misery Index: When Obama took office, the combination of
unemployment and inflation stood at 7.83. Today it’s 9.71.

• Union membership: Even unions are worse off under Obama, with
membership dropping half a million between 2009 and 2011.

• Debt: Everyone is far worse off if you just look at the national
debt. It has climbed more than $5 trillion under Obama, crossing $16 trillion
for the first time on Tuesday and driving the U.S. credit rating down.

Ironically, the only people better off under Obama are corporate
chieftains, who’ve seen corporate profits climb more than 50% under Obama’s “recovery,” and investors, who’ve benefited from a near-doubling in the Dow industrials from its March 2009 lows.
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/090412-624523-were-not-better-off-under-obama.htm

notice that last line. the ones he is trying to help, minorities are far worse off under Obama, and those he rails against are still doing fine.
at what point to you stop drinking the koolaid and begin to understand that the mess is not getting cleaned up and that he's adding his own mess.
(don't answer, I already know the answer is never as your faith cannot be shaken and one must never question dear leader)

the trouble is that the worst aspects of this idiots policies have by design not hit us yet. but we're in for a shitstorm come next year.

JustRalph
09-06-2012, 02:19 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021282015

ArlJim78
09-06-2012, 02:20 AM
And I wonder why GW Bush was a no show at Tampa? Or why Romney didn't brag about RomneyCare?
Unlike Clinton and Carter, the Bushes don't feel that ex presidents should run around commenting about current politics, in search of a camera to feed their ego, vainly trying to hold on to relevance and the spotlight. In other words they have class.

lsbets
09-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Ok, I will. Fact remains the Dem Convention knocked the repugs down. Unlike "no-bounce Romney", I bet we will see a substantial uptick for Obama's numbers over the next few weeks.

Obama's problem will be he cannot come close to giving a speech like Clinton. I've never understood why people think Obama is such a great orator. To me, he has always sounded unnatural. His enunciation and pauses don't seem to fit. Billy seemed like he could have been equally at home in a church or an arena, getting people fired up. His speech will be the best one of the convention, and Obama's will seem like a big let down to a lot of non partisan people.

ElKabong
09-06-2012, 02:31 AM
I think Lsbets has a point. We'll see if the crowd gives him the pure adulation that was given tonite. They'll be loud, but I doubt it'll be as admired in their applause. Face it, with the economy in the shitter, it's hard to get excited about Obama

ArlJim78
09-06-2012, 02:36 AM
that's why he has Biden to set him up. anyone would look good and sound intelligent after him.

Dahoss9698
09-06-2012, 08:12 AM
BTW, before Dahoss jumps down my throat about my making fun of Mr. Castro, please realize I am taking a page from the Democrat playbook...you know, the Paul Ryan/Eddie Munster page...

Yep...feelings definitely got hurt. Pretty funny actually.

rastajenk
09-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I've never understood why people think Obama is such a great orator. To me, he has always sounded unnatural. His enunciation and pauses don't seem to fit.That has been my observation since he first came on the scene. It's how a foreigner would sound if he were given a text and coached on its meaning, rather than speaking with an internal commitment to the rhetoric.

Call me a birther if you want, but my beef isn't with his birth certificate. It's with his total lack of experience with American traditions, as if he were transplanted in here from somewhere else. Which he was.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-06-2012, 09:21 AM
I loved the shots of the more attractive women in the crowd gazing up at Bill with drool practically rolling down their lips... :lol:

I hope it was only drool. :lol:

Mike at A+
09-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Bubba sure gives a decent speech. But it's shameful that the Dems have to stoop to using a serial rapist, a faux "native American" and a college wannabe slut to give speeches. Not to mention a tribute to alcoholic murderer Ted Kennedy.

ArlJim78
09-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Clinton distorts and lies nearly as much as Obama, he just has a way of coming across as believable to some people. i never bought into any of it, and never understood the adulation for people like them, who are serial liars, showmen, charlatans. Hustlers working the big con.

Tom
09-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Bubba sure gives a decent speech. But it's shameful that the Dems have to stoop to using a serial rapist, a faux "native American" and a college wannabe slut to give speeches. Not to mention a tribute to alcoholic murderer Ted Kennedy.

It was 8:30 last night before I realized I was not watching a Village People concert!

Mike at A+
09-06-2012, 09:59 AM
It was 8:30 last night before I realized I was not watching a Village People concert!
Or as Michelle Malkin put it, "the bar scene from Star Wars". Some of the mouth breathers in that audience looked like they needed a shoe horn to get in their seats.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Yep...feelings definitely got hurt. Pretty funny actually.Yes, someone please give me a hug... :( :( :( :( :(

Richie
09-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Did Repubs mention lst week that Romney proudly paid at a 14% tax rate on $21M in income in 2010?

I don't understand the big issue on the 14%, I just checked mine, I paid 13.3% on my measly over 100k salary, what's the issue here.

Tom
09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
They think he needs to pay more.
The tax code - that THEY failed to revise/update/fix is not fair.

Tom
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, someone please give me a hug... :( :( :( :( :(

There, there......

BlueShoe
09-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Fitting, that fiasco occurred with one of the biggest clowns in political history at the helm, Tony Villar. No wait, since he married Corina Raigosa at the age of 34, he wants you to call him Antonio Villaraigosa.
I warned everyone months ago on this forum that this buffoon was coming. This is what passes for leadership in California. Tony V., former gangbanger, failed lawyer, member of the radical MEChA, philandering husband, father of out of wedlock children. He really wanted to be an actor, but had to settle for politics instead. What is so disturbing is that he has a very good chance of becoming governor in the near future. When the elderly Moonbeam Brown hangs it up, Villaraigosa and the equally flakey radical Gavin Newsom are considered to be the two early frontrunners to replace him.

ten2oneormore
09-06-2012, 12:21 PM
How much exactly did the wars cost and what percentage of the debt that Obama has added can directly be attributed to these wars?

And since Obama and the Democrats (at least at face value) EMBRACED the invasion of Afghanistan, it's probably unfair to drop that cost solely on Bush, especially considering Obama is still in Afghanistan after four years.

But I'll even let you include Afghanistan, cause I'm a helluva guy.

So lay it on me...what's the bottom line number and what percentage does that comprise of the total Obama debt over the last four years?

See this is how you have a conversation.Its a little snarky but at least its not just angry name calling that it seems most in here are reduced to.I can admit when I'm wrong while some are so stubborn they want to argue when they can't even spell Einstein.It seems like the wars are only about a tenth of Obama's deficit.I shouldn't have just threw it out there without looking into it.I still think the amount we spend on defense is out of this world.The largest part of the debt is the Bush tax cuts but I have to say that is Obama's fault for extending them trying to appease the other side when there was no chance.

I've just stumbled into this section recently.While you seem to be level headed there is too much hate for me.I think I'll stick to the horse racing sections.

JustRalph
09-06-2012, 12:35 PM
The einstein reference is an inside joke

Lefty
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Remember the TV show MAD TV? In that show they did a segment called "lower your expectations"
That's what Clinton tried to do last night, lower the country's expectations.

He also said no one could have turned this economy around in 4 yrs. I have 2 words for him,
President Reagan.

Tom
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Note to all:

If you want to have a conversation, you might not want to start it by calling me Einstein. Tends to set a negative tone, not that there's anything wrong with that, just don't whine later when I reply.

Striker
09-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Almost every politician distorts and lies nearly as much as Obama and Romney, they just has a way of coming across as believable to some people. i never bought into any of it, and never understood the adulation for people like them, who are serial liars, showmen, charlatans. Hustlers working the big con.
FTFY

ArlJim78
09-06-2012, 02:28 PM
FTFY
I agree in principle but the difference is in the quantity and frequency of the lies. Not every one of them lie on that level, giant lies told in front of a joint session of congress, total mischaracterizations never challenged, I've never seen anything like what goes on now.
Whatever you think of him, GWB didn't do it. Romney is no Obama or Clinton in that regard either. Not even close.

Tom
09-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Would YOU leave your 17 year old daughter alone with Bill Clinton?

bigmack
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Get a load of this clip. It's what I've been harping on for years. Many of these people that claim inclusion and 'big tent' are the biggest haters you've ever seen.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-5-2012/hope-and-change-2---the-party-of-inclusion?

(That's hcap with the buttons on the hat)

lamboguy
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
the leaving out GOD, and not recognizing Jeruselem looked like giant missteps to me. could be a big game changer since all this is about is perception.

Thegreek.com took the election right off the board 3 seconds after the gaff, and its still off. the guy don't give you ice in the winter time, but he does take big bites.

hcap
09-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Get a load of this clip. It's what I've been harping on for years. Many of these people that claim inclusion and 'big tent' are the biggest haters you've ever seen.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-5-2012/hope-and-change-2---the-party-of-inclusion?

(That's hcap with the buttons on the hat)Funny the way some assholeean posters must insult guys on the other side.

Here is Burger Boy at an old Bush rally/convention showing his real kool, hip, "I'm what's happening babe", wanna get down headgear

bigmack
09-06-2012, 04:31 PM
There's more of that deep seeded anger coming out. What happan to sense of humor? You no fun no mo'.

Besides, you'd have a tough time distinguishing yourself from that hater.

"Party of inclusion." :lol:

Did ya see the woman talking about "they don't understand science" ?

Straight out of your playbook.

hcap
09-06-2012, 04:39 PM
There's more of that deep seeded anger coming out. What happan to sense of humor? You no fun no mo'.

Besides, you'd have a tough time distinguishing yourself from that hater.

"Party of inclusion." :lol:

Did ya see the woman talking about "they don't understand science" ?

Straight out of your playbook."What happan to sense of humor? You no fun no mo."

Aw shucks, I rattled your cage. Please accept my heartfelt ELEPHANTINE apologies.

And I would remind you that having a sense of humor is a feather in ALL our caps

Rookies
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Note to all:

If you want to have a conversation, you might not want to start it by calling me Einstein.

Tommy... I'd like to go on record here to say that I won't EVER be referring to you or any of the other Con mouth breathers as:

'EINSTEIN':lol:

" It is high. It is far. It is gone!":D

bigmack
09-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Assholean? :lol:

Keep the hate rolling. Breath it. Live it. Let it consume you.

hcap
09-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Actually, I got much out of my system last night while Clinton summed up the idiots in Tampa quite succinctly.

The Dynamic duo No Bounce Mittens and EMunster will both be wearing your chateau de la schmuck-y-ness soon. Maybe you three will pose for off topic.

Greyfox
09-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Actually, I got much out of my system last night while Clinton summed up the idiots in Tampa quite succinctly.

Hey. The Buccaneers weren't even playing last night.

bigmack
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
The Dynamic duo No Bounce Mittens and EMunster will both be wearing your chateau de la schmuck-y-ness soon. Maybe you three will pose for off topic.
Look at this geek. He's been posting THE SAME picture of tin foil hats for YEARS, and he's insulted I likened him to a guy with buttons on his hat. :lol:

Don't forget his motto>

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/peacegirl.gif

Peace, you GD, MF'ers.

Oh, the irony. :D

Valuist
09-06-2012, 06:07 PM
That Jon Stewart bit was classic. Nothing like exposing those morons for being the most narrow-minded of all.

hcap
09-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Look at this geek. He's been posting THE SAME picture of tin foil hats for YEARS, and he's insulted I likened him to a guy with buttons on his hat. :lol:

Don't forget his motto>

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/peacegirl.gif

Peace, you GD, MF'ers.

Oh, the irony. :DWow, ASSholean is an understatement. Whatsdamatter Burger Boy-hat itch?

Here are some home remedies

1-Fungus loves warm, moist environments so if you change the environment the fungis will die out.

2-Shower frequently, Applying a barrier cream such as for diaper rash, zinc oxide, etc. will block moisture from fungus.
In extreme cases of itching which can affect your sleep you may take antihistamine tablets, they wont kill the fungus, but will make you feel better.

3-Washing and rinsing the area with antidandruf shampoo (head and shoulders, selsun blue)is very effective, even stronger is pharmacy grade shampoo called Nizoral (it has a powerful antifungal ingredient. one drop is enough for a rich lather.

If you follow the steps above, you should be fine in 2-3 days. And you will be your hip Kool self again

jognlope
09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
What's wrong with Elizabeth Warren getting mad? She cares, that's why she's mad.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2012, 08:26 PM
See this is how you have a conversation.Its a little snarky but at least its not just angry name calling that it seems most in here are reduced to.I can admit when I'm wrong while some are so stubborn they want to argue when they can't even spell Einstein.It seems like the wars are only about a tenth of Obama's deficit.I shouldn't have just threw it out there without looking into it.I still think the amount we spend on defense is out of this world.The largest part of the debt is the Bush tax cuts but I have to say that is Obama's fault for extending them trying to appease the other side when there was no chance.

I've just stumbled into this section recently.While you seem to be level headed there is too much hate for me.I think I'll stick to the horse racing sections.Because you are new here, you aren't familiar with the Eintstein thing...it was misspelled that way on purpose...call it an off-topic inside-joke if you will.

BlueShoe
09-06-2012, 08:28 PM
What's the over/under on how long it takes Clinton to jump the condom broad?
Jump? Naw, should be no birth control issues between Slick Willie and the Georgetown bimbo, he likes it a different way according to Monica. Perhaps, if she still has it, she can loan the infamous Blue Dress to Miss Law School.

bigmack
09-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Free boots? What to say to these little birds in Charlotte?

How many ya got and how much time ya have? :kiss:

http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/r620-c_9009d92b1db4f0d5156510191ec07b7a.jpg

boxcar
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM

Not so much, if you stop to think about it. (Thinking is asking a lot of some people around here, I know :D ). There are parallels.

You mentioned "security", right? So, in the case of the convention, that is an obvious issue, granted. They want to protect the president, the VP, etc. But security is also an issue when it comes to voting. The government should give top priority to protecting the integrity of the ballots that were cast by honest, law-abiding voters, making sure they are not disenfranchised from the voting process by dishonest people. Government, should be protecting the will of the honest voters against any assault by their dishonest counterparts, who would naturally be seeking to usurp the lawful voice of the honest by fraudulent means.

Boxcar

Dahoss9698
09-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Not so much, if you stop to think about it. (Thinking is asking a lot of some people around here, I know :D ). There are parallels.

You mentioned "security", right? So, in the case of the convention, that is an obvious issue, granted. They want to protect the president, the VP, etc. But security is also an issue when it comes to voting. The government should give top priority to protecting the integrity of the ballots that were cast by honest, law-abiding voters, making sure they are not disenfranchised from the voting process by dishonest people. Government, should be protecting the will of the honest voters against any assault by their dishonest counterparts, who would naturally be seeking to usurp the lawful voice of the honest by fraudulent means.

Boxcar

Have you ever had any fun in life?

Greyfox
09-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Government, should be protecting the will of the honest voters against any assault by their dishonest counterparts, who would naturally be seeking to usurp the lawful voice of the honest by fraudulent means.

Boxcar

:ThmbUp: Yes.

Needing a photo ID to vote seems like a "no brainer" to me.

dartman51
09-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I think it a little curious that the fights over voter ID laws, are happening in battleground states. Here in TN, our new voter id law took effect this year, and states that you MUST have a photo id, to vote. No lawsuits here. Maybe because there's only 4% Hispanic. But then, there is over 30% Black. :confused:

boxcar
09-06-2012, 11:11 PM
No, as soon as he stops, he has to go back home to Hillary! :lol:

I thought Hillary was out of the country or something. If so, I don't know which one of them would consider themselves more blessed.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Have you ever had any fun in life?

Plenty. But talking to a mule doesn't qualify.

Boxcar

hcap
09-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Free boots? What to say to these little birds in Charlotte?

How many ya got and how much time ya have? :kiss:

http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/r620-c_9009d92b1db4f0d5156510191ec07b7a.jpgYa know ya are overdoin ya use of ya and droppin "Gs". Ya also know you are a friggin failure in ya attempt of kool.

But I thought I would brighten all ya cons day by posting ya 'uys a clear explanation of ya boys' economic policies. It is basically a version of Milton Friedman's trickle down the toilet theory

/P8zT2vh6rB4?

Btw, it's in Korean so some conservative Korean language scholar must translate for ya. Hope that's no big deal for ya. It also tries to make it as easy as possible to understand as most cons are not too up on the real world effects of toilet economics

hcap
09-07-2012, 06:08 AM
OOPS. This may prove little, but it will annoy cons here. Tough.

Let's see if the Dems get a lift

http://election.princeton.edu/2012/09/04/the-incredible-shrinking-bounce/

A negative bounce for Romney?

http://election.princeton.edu/wp-content/uploads/autographics/MM_history-unlabeled.png

Btw, Joe Scarborough, the host of Morning Joe on MSNBC and former Republican congressman, thinks the Democrats have outdone the Republicans. He tweeted:

“Game. Set. Match. Democrats crush Republicans in convention wars.”

hcap
09-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Hey guys John says "go swift boat yourselves"

/meiyldvHhqA?

rastajenk
09-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Btw, Joe Scarborough, the host of Morning Joe on MSNBC and former Republican congressman, thinks the Democrats have outdone the Republicans. He tweeted:

“Game. Set. Match. Democrats crush Republicans in convention wars.”

Not surprising, considering who signs his paychex.

I tried to watch some MSNBC; couldn't take it for more than a couple minutes at a time. Clearly they operate in some other universe.

lamboguy
09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
the obama speech was a complete blank. he put no effort or thought into his delivery, he also had no substance. to me its really scary that the 2 candidates for the highest office in the land really had nothing to say. i truly wonder what good either one of these 2 guys will do for our status in the world and our well being going forward.

Tom
09-07-2012, 07:49 AM
The speakers, in order of how good their speeches were ( not considering if you agree with the content - just the delivery)

Clinton
Rice
Romney
Eastwood
Biden
Obama

lamboguy
09-07-2012, 07:52 AM
i thought Paul Ryan was in the top 3. i wish it was either him or Rubio running for the top spot, it would give the republican's a better shot to win.

Tom
09-07-2012, 07:55 AM
I forgot him!
That's not a good sign.....:blush:

Dahoss9698
09-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Plenty. But talking to a mule doesn't qualify.

Boxcar

Then I would advise talking to yourself a lot less.

So what does Boxcar do for fun? I'm serious, what do you actually enjoy doing aside from reading the bible?

Tom
09-07-2012, 08:58 AM
To cap off the DNC Circus......unemployment rate is 8.1, 43 months in a row over 8%.

Down from 8.3, but that is due to people stopping job hunting.

The failure continues.......

hcap
09-08-2012, 06:06 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/09/07/opinion/080712krugman1/080712krugman1-blog480.jpg

OMG

hcap
09-08-2012, 07:11 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/07/gallup-convention-bump-obama_n_1865156.html

Obama Convention Bump

Those looking for a convention bump may find what they are looking for in the Gallup daily tracking poll, which produced good news on Friday for President Barack Obama.

Gallup's last three nights of interviewing of adults, conducted Sept. 4 to 6, shows Obama with a 52 percent approval rating, the highest approval percentage reported for Obama on the Gallup tracking poll since May 2011, just after the killing of Osama bin Laden.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/GALLUPapproval120907.png

We all know what the dynamic duo got bupkis, nada, zero

ArlJim78
09-08-2012, 09:05 AM
gallup shows a bounce? what a shocker, better wait though until others show the same. I think they were intimidated or strongarmed by Axlerod and the DOJ into adjusting their methodology to be more favorable to them.

Internal emails between senior officials at The Gallup Organization, obtained
by The Daily Caller, show senior Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod
attempting to subtly intimidate the respected polling firm when its numbers
were unfavorable to the president .

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/06/justice-dept-gallup-lawsuit-came-after-axelrod-criticized-pollsters/#ixzz25snj398D

ArlJim78
09-08-2012, 09:46 AM
if this picture gets around it should take care of any bounce.
anyone know who it is?

http://riehlworldview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/madonna.jpg

elysiantraveller
09-08-2012, 11:14 AM
anyone know who it is?

Madonna?

mostpost
09-08-2012, 12:03 PM
To cap off the DNC Circus......unemployment rate is 8.1, 43 months in a row over 8%.

Down from 8.3, but that is due to people stopping job hunting.

The failure continues.......The U6 rate-that's the one that includes people who have stopped job hunting is 14.7; down from 15 last month. Spin that.

Mike at A+
09-08-2012, 01:55 PM
The U6 rate-that's the one that includes people who have stopped job hunting is 14.7; down from 15 last month. Spin that.
0.3% committed suicide.

johnhannibalsmith
09-08-2012, 02:00 PM
anyone know who it is?

NJStinks?

redshift1
09-08-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/07/gallup-convention-bump-obama_n_1865156.html

Obama Convention Bump

Those looking for a convention bump may find what they are looking for in the Gallup daily tracking poll, which produced good news on Friday for President Barack Obama.

Gallup's last three nights of interviewing of adults, conducted Sept. 4 to 6, shows Obama with a 52 percent approval rating, the highest approval percentage reported for Obama on the Gallup tracking poll since May 2011, just after the killing of Osama bin Laden

We all know what the dynamic duo got bupkis, nada, zero

Most conservative sites missed the bounce news but were quick to cite the apocalyptic ? jobs report and the imminent end of america if the republicans are denied the presidency. The politics of fear are being played out with Regnery Press feasting off the party habitués.

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Most conservative sites missed the bounce news but were quick to cite the apocalyptic ? jobs report and the imminent end of america if the republicans are denied the presidency. The politics of fear are being played out with Regnery Press feasting off the party habitués.

.Oh come now. Don't act as if BOTH (all) sides play this game very well.

Just Google "Fact Checking the Convention Speeches" if you want proof of this.

redshift1
09-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh come now. Don't act as if BOTH (all) sides play this game very well.

Just Google "Fact Checking the Convention Speeches" if you want proof of this.

Not sure what you're saying in reference to my post?

dartman51
09-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Madonna?

You win the BOOBIE prize. :D

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Not sure what you're saying in reference to my post?

.You mentioned politics of fear, and I stated in response that both parties play that game very well, by being loose and fast with "facts."

There are plenty of websites out there that will tell you just how wrong some of the statements made by Clinton, Obama, Ryan and Romney are...

This would also apply to "Conservative Sites" like you gave an example of, as well as "Liberal Sites" which, since you left them out of your post, one would believe you think are nothing but fountains of truth and fairness.

ArlJim78
09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
NJStinks?
he wishes he had those guns!:D

Rookies
09-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Two Polls in since the DNC was finito...

Rasmussen up to today, 3 Days = + 2% Obama
Gallup up to today, 7 Days = + 4% Obama...

Yep...;)

hcap
09-09-2012, 04:24 AM
gallup shows a bounce? what a shocker, better wait though until others show the same. I think they were intimidated or strongarmed by Axlerod and the DOJ into adjusting their methodology to be more favorable to them.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/06/justice-dept-gallup-lawsuit-came-after-axelrod-criticized-pollsters/#ixzz25snj398DRasmussen??

I guess this is gonna be like election night 2008 when the pundits at Faux Noos were suddenly v-e-r-y q-u-i-e-t :cool:

hcap
09-09-2012, 05:25 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/08/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSBRE88619X20120908

Obama widens lead over Romney despite jobs data: Reuters/Ipsos poll

O 47%
R 43%

As I thought the Dynamic Do is bounce less.

hcap
09-09-2012, 06:17 AM
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/the-daily-show-last-week-vs-week-fox-news

The Daily Show: Last Week vs This Week in Fox 'News' Convention Coverage

FantasticDan
09-09-2012, 10:03 AM
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/the-daily-show-last-week-vs-week-fox-news

The Daily Show: Last Week vs This Week in Fox 'News' Convention CoverageOh hcap, just shut up and watch.. :lol:

badcompany
09-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes, we understand.

When insecure, twerp liberals goof on an uninformed person on the right, it's a real hoot.

When someone on the right does the exact same thing to uninformed lefties, it's fake, heavily edited, misleading...

Tom
09-09-2012, 10:37 AM
You have to feel sorry for the libs - they lose elections, but win polls.
At least they get to feel good for a while.

delayjf
09-09-2012, 11:34 AM
side when there was no chance.The largest part of the debt is the Bush tax cuts but I have to say that is Obama's fault for extending them trying to appease the other

Bush Tax cuts resulted in record revenue for the Federal Gov - our problem is we spend too much. Bush’s tax cut helps the US recover from Clinton's recession, without which tax revenues would have been significantly less.

ElKabong
09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/08/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSBRE88619X20120908

Obama widens lead over Romney despite jobs data: Reuters/Ipsos poll

O 47%
R 43%

As I thought the Dynamic Do is bounce less.

Funny stuff. A poll of "1457 likely voters" is supposed to be a good sample to push out as representative ? That's like making speed pars from 2 races of a track. Try selling THAT on the market

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-09-2012, 12:42 PM

The Daily Show: Last Week vs This Week in Fox 'News' Convention Coverage

Tremendous! :lol: :lol:

FOX News thinks everybody is an idiot. And if you watch nothing but FOX News, you have a great shot at becoming one.

IMO, the difference between MSNBC and FOX News is that MSNBC doesn't pretend to be fair and balanced.

Although I will add that MSNBC attempts to be more balanced in the AM.

hcap
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Funny stuff. A poll of "1457 likely voters" is supposed to be a good sample to push out as representative ? That's like making speed pars from 2 races of a track. Try selling THAT on the market

:lol: :lol: :lol:Not just one polling outfit kabong. Besides if the dynamic duo NoBounce Romney and Pauly Munster got a bounce from ANY OUTFIT you would trumpet it and 20 cons would echo it for weeks here on off topic as proof the Dems are commies.

elysiantraveller
09-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Its still very early to be looking at polls for a bump. A week is typically a better indicator but it looks like he might get a 1-3% bump... still early though.

hcap
09-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Its still very early to be looking at polls for a bump. A week is typically a better indicator but it looks like he might get a 1-3% bump... still early though.I agree. But it is clear the Dem convention seems to have gone over much better than the pugs, no matter the sentiments here. My feelings have been the electoral votes would give Obama 4 more, but now unless voter suppression by the repugs-who are quite good at playing this game-works, Obama will win the popular vote as well.

Just a lot of fun annoying the base on off topic

Lefty
09-09-2012, 01:47 PM
What voter suppression?
Oh, yeah, a top Democrat in Arkansa just admitted to voter fraud!

hcap
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
What voter suppression?
Oh, yeah, a top Democrat in Arkansa just admitted to voter fraud!Post a link.

Otherwise, Lefty, Lefty, Lefty......

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-rt-us-usa-campaign-ohiobre888002-20120908,0,4641344.story

Ohio official retreats from move to limit voting hours

CLEVELAND (Reuters) - Ohio's Republican secretary of state has retreated from a bid to keep in place early voting limitations challenged by Democrats while the state appeals a federal court decision that struck down the restrictions.

Jon Husted said on Friday he was directing election officials to restore early, in-person balloting privileges to all voters - not just members of the military - during the last three days before the November 6 general election, as a U.S. district judge has ordered.

.....According to the Democrats, some 93,000 Ohio voters cast their ballots in the 2008 general election during the last three days before Election Day.

Husted previously ordered the state to set uniform voting hours for all 88 Ohio counties after complaints from Democrats that he was denying extended weekend and after-hours balloting in Democratic-leaning counties.

Lefty
09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
http://patdollard.com/2012/09/dem-pleads-guilty-to-election-fraud-admitted-manipulating-absentee-voter-ballots/

There ya go, Hcap.

hcap
09-09-2012, 02:54 PM
http://patdollard.com/2012/09/dem-pleads-guilty-to-election-fraud-admitted-manipulating-absentee-voter-ballots/

There ya go, Hcap.Thanks. Duly noted. Not excusing these 2 dems by any means.
However this is an isolated incident. Sorry to tell you this but the efforts by repugs is more organized and happening in many batleground states and can affect hundreds of thousands of democratic voters.

Lefty
09-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I think Dem voter fraud will be rampant. Why do you think they don't want voter ID's?

hcap
09-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Dems are ok with the ID that has been used all along perimarily because requiring photo ID like a drivers license or passport will unduly affect the lower income urban voters without cars who vote Democratic.

An automatic win for republicans. If one year before an election the individual states made it truly easy for these folks to acquire a state issued voter ID card, I would have no objections. But pushing thru these rules now with a limited time to go to the elections and acquire would be a hardship and affect Democratic voters.

BTW, rethugs WILL NEVER MAKE IT EASY.

hcap
09-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Limbaugh the human weather balloon

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/418825/september-06-2012/the-2012-people-s-party-congress-of-charlotte---avoiding-water-gate--day-1

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2012, 03:57 PM
However this is an isolated incident.Of course it is... :rolleyes:

Whatever you have to tell yourself to convince yourself why your brand of politic hasn't caught on with the masses...it usually takes a (perceived) disaster of a Republican administration for your guys to reclaim the office.

But that's all because of voter fraud...otherwise, it truly would be a 100 year Dem rule, right hcap?

Tom
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
They did 100 years of spending in 4 years.
Does that count?

hcap
09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Of course it is... :rolleyes:

Whatever you have to tell yourself to convince yourself why your brand of politic hasn't caught on with the masses...it usually takes a (perceived) disaster of a Republican administration for your guys to reclaim the office.

But that's all because of voter fraud...otherwise, it truly would be a 100 year Dem rule, right hcap?I am well aware there are organized efforts by politicians on both sides to cheat votes. In fact voter ID is one. Supposedly it is about rampant individual voters voting illegally. Not a real problem but the law is a perfect example of rethugs gaming the system. I have to admit you guys excel at gaming the system

http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/policy_brief_on_the_truth_about_voter_fraud/

Policy Brief on the Truth About “Voter Fraud”
Analysis

Summary

* Fraud by individual voters is both irrational and extremely rare.

* Many vivid anecdotes of purported voter fraud have been proven false or do not demonstrate fraud.

* Voter fraud is often conflated with other forms of election misconduct.

* Raising the unsubstantiated specter of mass voter fraud suits a particular policy agenda.

* Claims of voter fraud should be carefully tested before they become the basis for action.

Fraud by individual voters is both irrational and extremely rare.

Read the rest.........

From Wiki.....

"Despite many instances of electoral fraud internationally, in the U.S. a major study by the Justice Department between 2002 and 2007[2] showed of the 300 million votes cast in that period, federal prosecutors convicted only 86 people for voter fraud – and of those few cases, most involved persons who were simply unaware of their ineligibility"

Tom
09-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Having to present voter ID.....what an evil, corrupt thing to do.
Nest thing you know, they will want have show ID to cross the border.

hcap, should ID not be required to buy a gun? Voting is a right, and so is gun ownership. I guess you support no ID at gun shows, then, to be consistent.

hcap
09-09-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/voter-id-laws-charts-maps

Only 48 percent of women have a birth certificate with their current legal name on it.

Texas' new ID law permits voters to use concealed-handgun licenses as proof of identity, but not state university IDs.

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/adult-id-mojo.png

80 percent of the 75 million eligible voters who did not take part in the 2008 election were not registered to vote.

In 2008, more than 1/3 of voters cast ballots before Election Day. In 2011, 5 states passed bills to restrict early voting.

States with Election Day registration have 7 to 12 percent greater turnout than states without. Last year, 5 states introduced bills that eliminate Election Day registration.

12 percent of minority voters report registering through voter drives, twice the rate of white voters. In 2011, Florida and Texas passed laws making registration drives much harder to organize.

Florida state Sen. Mike Bennett, a supporter of the tougher voter registration law, said, "I don't have a problem making it harder. I want people in Florida to want to vote as bad as that person in Africa who walks 200 miles across the desert. This should not be easy."

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
How come all those nice people who volunteer to drive minorities to the voting booth on election day don't also set up a day to help minorities obtain a valid Photo ID?

Surely the DNC can set aside some of that money flowing into their coffers to help these poor folks out...they're perfectly capable of doing such a thing on Election day...why not take one or two other days out of the year and help these people get their IDs?

Problem sol-ved.

hcap
09-09-2012, 05:19 PM
So republicans set up an obstacle course that democrats must navigate at their own expense.

Sounds reasonable to me :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2012, 05:20 PM
So republicans set up an obstacle course that democrats must navigate at their own expense.

Sounds reasonable to me :lol: :lol:Republicans are responsible for minorities not having valid Photo ID?

Come now...even you can't believe that...

On second thought, you probably do, in some warped way...

A valid Photo ID is quite helpful in many other arenas other than the voting booth. Why wouldn't the DNC want to help these folks out, like they do on Election day?

Oh wait a minute...could it be that the DNC helps people get to the voting booth because it HELPS THE DNC?

No...that can't be, can it? The DNC is just in it for themselves?

Selfish bastards that they are...someone ought to let the world know about this...

hcap
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Republicans are responsible for minorities not having valid Photo ID?

No, but they are responsible for the voter suppression that will result from requiring it

Come now...even you can't believe that...

On second thought, you probably do, in some warped way...

A valid Photo ID is quite helpful in many other arenas other than the voting booth. Why wouldn't the DNC want to help these folks out, like they do on Election day?

Oh wait a minute...could it be that the DNC helps people get to the voting booth because it HELPS THE DNC?

Geesh! now you are delusional or just joking. Off course it helps the DNC, but the The Voting Rights Act of 1965 guarantees the right to vote for even ................wait for it................are you still waiting?...............................DEMOCRATS

No...that can't be, can it? The DNC is just in it for themselves?

Selfish bastards that they are...someone ought to let the world know about this...The republican party practices voter suppression using the Southern Strategy of Nixon/Atwater and a variation on Jim Crow and literacy tests.

Voter suppression was used extensively by Democratic party operatives in most Southern states until the Voting Rights Act (1965) made most disenfranchisement and voting qualifications illegal. Traditional voter suppression tactics included the institution of poll taxes and literacy tests, aimed at suppressing the votes of African Americans and working class white voters

dartman51
09-09-2012, 05:42 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/voter-id-laws-charts-maps

Only 48 percent of women have a birth certificate with their current legal name on it. If they've changed their name legally, ie: marriage or legal name change, they would have documentation to prove that, not a problem.

Texas' new ID law permits voters to use concealed-handgun licenses as proof of identity, but not state university IDs. Another NON issue. You MUST be a legal resident of Texas to acquire a concealed handgun permit. To be a legal resident, you have to be a LEGAL CITIZEN of the U.S. You don't have to be a LEGAL CITIZEN, to obtain a college I.D. another NON ISSUE.

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/adult-id-mojo.png

80 percent of the 75 million eligible voters who did not take part in the 2008 election were not registered to vote. That sounds like a PERSONAL problem. What? you want to FORCE everyone to vote? I've known people all my life who weren't registered to vote. It was their personal decision. NON ISSUE

In 2008, more than 1/3 of voters cast ballots before Election Day. In 2011, 5 states passed bills to restrict early voting. Voting, like driving, is a PRIVILEGE. There are laws for both. All States laws are NOT the same. NON ISSUE

States with Election Day registration have 7 to 12 percent greater turnout than states without. Last year, 5 states introduced bills that eliminate Election Day registration. Same as previous answer.

12 percent of minority voters report registering through voter drives, twice the rate of white voters. In 2011, Florida and Texas passed laws making registration drives much harder to organize. Not familiar with this one, but I will check it out.

Florida state Sen. Mike Bennett, a supporter of the tougher voter registration law, said, "I don't have a problem making it harder. I want people in Florida to want to vote as bad as that person in Africa who walks 200 miles across the desert. This should not be easy." I agree 100%. People should vote because they want to. Not because someone convinced them to at the last minute, no matter how they convinced them. It's the SAME for BOTH parties. Another NON ISSUE Looks like MOTHER JONES, is trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Tom
09-09-2012, 05:43 PM
What the code here is that dems feel Blacks, Hispanics, and other people of color are not smart enough or ambituous enough to take care of themselves, like be responsible enought to find one day out of one year to get a free photo ID card, and then be smart enough to bring it the polling place with them.

Let's stop ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
I have far more confidence in all minorities to be able to live in the real world on their own - I see them doing it every day. Could it be that they are all republicans? :D

mostpost
09-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Two Polls in since the DNC was finito...

Rasmussen up to today, 3 Days = + 2% Obama
Gallup up to today, 7 Days = + 4% Obama...

Yep...;)same polls after Sunday:
Rasmussen has Obama up four.
Gallup has Obama up five.

mostpost
09-09-2012, 07:34 PM
I think Dem voter fraud will be rampant. Why do you think they don't want voter ID's?
The link you provided had nothing to do with Voter ID. The perps were filling out ballots for voters and not putting down the votes the people told them they wanted to vote for. They were also destroying ballots for the wrong candidate. None of that would have been prevented by having Photo ID for voters, because in each case the ballots were either filled out by the legitimate voter then destroyed before they could be counted, or filled out incorrectly by someone assisting the voter.

This was not voter fraud, it was election fraud.

johnhannibalsmith
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
same polls after Sunday:

Unlike Rasmussen, Gallup does not take its polls at Tea Party Headquarters...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1265151&postcount=11

So is Rasmussen still a Republican/FOX/Tea Party shill?

TJDave
09-09-2012, 08:25 PM
[B]
Texas' new ID law permits voters to use concealed-handgun licenses as proof of identity, but not state university IDs. Another NON issue. You MUST be a legal resident of Texas to acquire a concealed handgun permit. To be a legal resident, you have to be a LEGAL CITIZEN of the U.S. You don't have to be a LEGAL CITIZEN, to obtain a college I.D. another NON ISSUE.

Texas issues non-resident cc permits. I know this for a fact. ;)

Additionally, Texas will accept an ID or DL from any state to meet domicile requirements...Even an old style SS card. If you need it, they'll help you complete the paperwork in Spanish. With a Texas ID you can vote, buy guns and apply for financial, medical or student aid.

Texas may make you swear that you are a legal citizen, but they don't make you prove it.

dartman51
09-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Texas issues non-resident cc permits. I know this for a fact. ;)

Additionally, Texas will accept an ID or DL from any state to meet domicile requirements...Even an old style SS card. If you need it, they'll help you complete the paperwork in Spanish. With a Texas ID you can vote, buy guns and apply for financial, medical or student aid.

Texas may make you swear that you are a legal citizen, but they don't make you prove it.

You are right TJD. I went back and read the entire law. If a person is a LEGAL CITIZEN of another state, he may apply for a CCP in Texas. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/internetforms/forms/chl-16.pdf section GC 411.173. Whether they make you prove it or not, is another story. The fact remains, the law states LEGAL CITIZEN, whether it be Texas or another state. And that was my whole point, must be a legal citizen to get a CCP, but not to get a college I.D. :ThmbUp:

hcap
09-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Voting, like driving, is a PRIVILEGE. There are laws for both. All States laws are NOT the same. NON ISSUE

Voting is more than a privilege. It is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Since voter ID will cause much more harm interfering with that right than helping to guarantee it, it is against the Constitution's intent.

delayjf
09-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Voting is more than a privilege. It is a right guaranteed by the Constitution

Owning a gun is a right as well, but again you have to be a citizen and be able to prove it.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-10-2012, 10:37 AM
anyone know who it is?

Hdcp's girl, who after all these years would be an adult woman and could even have a child by now?

mountainman
09-10-2012, 12:12 PM
same polls after Sunday:

It's pretty plain which way this thing is trending.

Tom
09-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes, very obvious - democrats will do anything, no limit to how low they will sink.

http://www.examiner.com/article/david-axelrod-allegedly-intimidated-gallup-poll-staffers

In one email, a Gallup official said he thought Axelrod’s pressure “sounds a little like a Godfather situation.” “Imagine Axel[rod] with Brando’s voice: ‘I’d like you to come over and explain your methodology…You got a nice poll there … would be a shame if anything happened to it… .’”

hcap
09-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Owning a gun is a right as well, but again you have to be a citizen and be able to prove it.I repeat

From Wiki.....

"Despite many instances of electoral fraud internationally, in the U.S. a major study by the Justice Department between 2002 and 2007[2] showed of the 300 million votes cast in that period, federal prosecutors convicted only 86 people for voter fraud – and of those few cases, most involved persons who were simply unaware of their ineligibility"

The number of fatal firearms accidents for the last six years of record are:

2002 - 762;

2003 - 730;

2004 - 649;

2005 - 630;

2006 - 680.

2007 - 613

Or over 4000

Meanwhile 100,000's of votes will be suppressed and this political game will swing an election to guess who. As I said if well before an elecyion the State provided an easy low cost or no cost means to provide those that have no photo ID with it, I would not object.

bigmack
09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I see hcap is late to this debate with some REAL tired material.

Charts on the racial make-up of folk without ID is precious.

When will he answer the most basic of questions. Why don't they have ID if they're offered free rides & free ID's?

Steve 'StatMan'
09-10-2012, 11:50 PM
I was listening to a radio program tonight, and they kept refering to the DNC. And then I remembered, isn't that a procedure to clean out a woman's reproductive system? Made me snicker a bit tonight, all the dems having gotten together for their DNC.

ElKabong
09-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I see hcap is late to this debate with some REAL tired material.

Charts on the racial make-up of folk without ID is precious.

When will he answer the most basic of questions. Why don't they have ID if they're offered free rides & free ID's?

Greatness. She posted from wiki that the feds only convicted 86 people of voter fraud.....yeah, and the only crooked big bankers that are crooked are the ones that have been convicted :lol:

"LOOOOook into my eyes....Believe what I say" LOL.

hcap
09-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Gentlemen, if you don't care for my posts, I guess you won't care for this one either.....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/obama-gains-a-convention-boost-but-not-among-likely-voters/

Obama Gains a Convention Boost – But Not Among Likely Voters

Barack Obama has emerged from the nominating conventions in his best position against Mitt Romney since spring, a 50-44 percent race among registered voters in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll. But Romney recovers to a virtual dead heat among those most likely to vote, keeping the contest between them wide open.

....Additionally, there’s been a shift in preferences in the eight tossup states identified by the ABC News Political Unit: Registered voters in these states now favor Obama over Romney by 54-40 percent, vs. 42-48 percent in these same states before the party conventions. And in the states with mid-levels of unemployment, it’s 51-43 percent, vs. 40-53 percent pre-convention, further suggesting some progress for Obama in his economic arguments.

ElKabong
09-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Obama Gains a Convention Boost – But Not Among Likely Voters

The Mondale-Ferraro folks would like to have a word with you.....

This will come down to the debates. Good luck on Obama defending his record. Can he deflect enough to earn a draw?

Pooooor Ned Beatty, I mean, Joe Biden. That will get get barbaric.

mountainman
09-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Even conservative zealot Mark Levine is now sounding pessimistic abt the outcome. During the 10 minues I listened to him on the way to work last night, he acknowledged the "possibility" of defeat at LEAST a dozen times.

John Gibson, another right wing talk-host, also sounded beaten and has adopted a tone of incredulity at the apparently impending election results.

That these guys even ADMIT the prez has opened a lead speaks volumes.

Or, let me put it to those who have wagered on romney another way: (PICTURE RBT SHAW IN JAWS, WHEN THE REALIZATION OF THEIR FATE SINKS IN).. " Farewell and adieu to ye fair spanish ladies..........."

ArlJim78
09-11-2012, 09:30 AM
all this talk about defeat is ridiculous, it's a long time to election day, the only poll that matters. the people who voted out the democrats in 2010 in huge numbers, have been waiting patiently for this day to vote out Obama. they're not making a lot of noise about it and could care less what anyone says in the media or what any poll says. it will happen. there will be a lot of shocked faces in the media, questions about how did we get it so wrong? that type of thing.

hcap
09-11-2012, 01:17 PM
The situation in a nutshell

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/gop-productivity-auth.gif

dartman51
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
There's only been 1, count 'em, 1 Democrat, since FDR, that got elected to a 2nd term. That was William Jefferson Clinton, and this ACIC is NO Bill Clinton, hell, he couldn't carry Billy's jock strap. :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Even conservative zealot Mark Levine is now sounding pessimistic abt the outcome. During the 10 minues I listened to him on the way to work last night, he acknowledged the "possibility" of defeat at LEAST a dozen times.

John Gibson, another right wing talk-host, also sounded beaten and has adopted a tone of incredulity at the apparently impending election results.

That these guys even ADMIT the prez has opened a lead speaks volumes.

Or, let me put it to those who have wagered on romney another way: (PICTURE RBT SHAW IN JAWS, WHEN THE REALIZATION OF THEIR FATE SINKS IN).. " Farewell and adieu to ye fair spanish ladies..........."

Never heard of one of the guys you mentioned, never listen to the other. Maybe they should see the DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN photo and gaze at it.

Let's let them debate, shall we? People need to let this play out just like anything else in life.

lamboguy
09-11-2012, 07:38 PM
in the Truman Dewey election, Dewey had a big lead in the polls, but he had a mustache. Dewey was a 8-1 favorite, much stronger than Obama is now, and Truman was regarded as a very weak candidate, weaker than Romney is today.
Jimmy the Greek, a life long republican, bet out on the democrat, Truman, because Dewey had a mustache. The Greek wound up at the cashier's window.

in this election, Obama no doubt has more supporter's than his opposition. but, you have no way of knowing if those people are going to show up to vote for him this time around. Romney seems to have more committed support that will show up no matter what.

Tom
09-12-2012, 07:56 AM
At this point in the campaign, Carter led Reagan by 7 points.

SUASYP! :D

hcap
09-12-2012, 08:13 AM
At this point in the campaign, Carter led Reagan by 7 points.

SUASYP! :DIt's ok to whistle past the graveyard Tom.

I think you gentlemen should try this tune. The falsetto is optional.

/skU-jBFzXl0?

Tom
09-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Just pointing out how unreliable polls are this juncture.
Sorry to throw reality on your head.

NJ Stinks
09-12-2012, 12:35 PM
all this talk about defeat is ridiculous, it's a long time to election day, the only poll that matters. the people who voted out the democrats in 2010 in huge numbers, have been waiting patiently for this day to vote out Obama. they're not making a lot of noise about it and could care less what anyone says in the media or what any poll says. it will happen. there will be a lot of shocked faces in the media, questions about how did we get it so wrong? that type of thing.

Huge numbers? Only 37% of eligible voters actually voted in 2010. Low turnout is always a winner for the Republican party.

Tom
09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
That is because they are the ones with jobs and they have to work.

Greyfox
09-12-2012, 01:20 PM
The situation in a nutshell

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/gop-productivity-auth.gif

Is that the Democratic Platform that he's shovelling?

dartman51
09-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Is that the Democratic Platform that he's shovelling?

That's the ONLY shovel ready job he could find. :ThmbUp:

Valuist
09-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Huge numbers? Only 37% of eligible voters actually voted in 2010. Low turnout is always a winner for the Republican party.

The Dems turn out in big numbers because they think a candidate is "cool" because he Facebooks, or has a Blackberry and iPod. A bunch of moronic young voters turned out in 2008.

kingfin66
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
And he drinks beer too.

bigmack
09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
What a pile of boneheads.

Democratic officials apologized Wednesday for mistakenly displaying an image of the Russian Navy during a tribute to America’s veterans at last week’s Democratic National Convention.

Tom
09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Mistake?
Must be the flag threw them off.

hcap
09-12-2012, 11:20 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/12/fox-news-poll-obama-has-lead-over-romney-in-post-convention-poll/

"Fox News poll: Obama ticket has edge after conventions wrap up"

....The president receives a five percentage-point bounce among women and a 12-point bounce among independents, in a Fox News poll released Wednesday.

Overall, the Obama-Biden ticket tops the Romney-Ryan ticket by 48 to 43 percent among likely voters

Ok, I guess just another liberal conspiracy by the dems and the liberal media ???

ElKabong
09-12-2012, 11:28 PM
what's going on right now, and how he isn't handling the situation, won't do his #s any favors in weeks to come.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-12-2012, 11:31 PM
I DO want to know what the poll numbers are after embasy incident.

ElKabong
09-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Me too Steve, but right now there's almost nil negative vibe on Msnbc and the MSM for Obama's sleeping on the job. Given time the facts will come out, the public will put 2+2 together.

It's not that he "didn't go to war" on a whim. It's that he did the complete opposite of what is ecpected of a leader in a time of crisis.....go back to sleep....fly to Vegas.....attend a fund raiser.

The priorities. It's as if he doesn't give a shit. Leaders don't act nor react in this manner. "Me first" Politicians, do.

mountainman
09-14-2012, 11:59 AM
People need to let this play out just like anything else in life.

And what, quit stating opinions or making predictions? To ignore the inevitable and assuage increasingly bleak republican hopes ? Yes, I'm sure all pundits will comply with that request PRONTO. By the way, try wagering on a horserace after it has "played out."

ArlJim78
09-14-2012, 01:18 PM
It's pretty plain which way this thing is trending.
Yeah the trend is pretty clear.

Rasmussen: Romney 48, Obama 45

bye bye convention bounce

Tom
09-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Was there a bounce for this?

mountainman
09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah the trend is pretty clear.

Rasmussen: Romney 48, Obama 45

bye bye convention bounce

Rasmussen knows what the right numbers are-to keep appearing on (fair and balanced) fox, that is.

PaceAdvantage
09-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Rasmussen knows what the right numbers are-to keep appearing on (fair and balanced) fox, that is.There have been articles posted here that Rasmussen had the most accurate polls leading into the 2008 elections. If that is true, why do you and others continue with such spurious claims?

If you or Nancy were deemed to be the most accurate public handicappers, would you like it if I went around claiming that was all propaganda partisan BS? :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-15-2012, 02:17 AM
The Dems turn out in big numbers because they think a candidate is "cool" because he Facebooks, or has a Blackberry and iPod. A bunch of moronic young voters turned out in 2008.

My guess is most Republicans never miss an election because of money - their own money. Hence the 2010 mid-term romp while many voters from 2008 with less money stayed home.

Tell me I'm wrong and why, Valuist.

ElKabong
09-15-2012, 02:41 AM
And what, quit stating opinions or making predictions? To ignore the inevitable and assuage increasingly bleak republican hopes ? Yes, I'm sure all pundits will comply with that request PRONTO. By the way, try wagering on a horserace after it has "played out."

You are obviously entitled to those predictions. But your post had the following line about Levine and some other guy: That these guys even ADMIT the prez has opened a lead speaks volumes.

Well, that lead is gone if you blv Rasmussen polls. Point vanished.

Another thing you posted: >>Even conservative zealot Mark Levine is now sounding pessimistic abt the outcome. During the 10 minues I listened to him on the way to work last night, he acknowledged the "possibility" of defeat at LEAST a dozen times.

"Acknowledging the possibility" of defeat is a sign of something? Hell yes, it's possible Obama can lose too.

Those were the lines I was responding to. Not any kind of right to opine.

Like I say, let it play out. I bet when you posted your post I pasted you didn't think the events of the past 3 days were likely. Stuff happens. Things change. This election isn't the 5th at Mountaineer

mountainman
09-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Like I say, let it play out. I bet when you posted your post I pasted you didn't think the events of the past 3 days were likely. Stuff happens. Things change. This election isn't the 5th at Mountaineer

With all respect, sir, to think the auto workers in ohio are going to flip romney because some terrorists in training caused an uproar in egypt is a reach. Quite a reach. No offense intended, but my impression is the repubs are getting a bit desperate in the face of the inevitable.

And you're right-it's not the 5th at mnr, and i'm no expert on world affairs or politics. And i realize that holding a strong opinion doesn't indemnify me from being wrong-totally wrong. But i DO hold a strong opinion on the upcoming election: i think it's a done deal.

mountainman
09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
There have been articles posted here that Rasmussen had the most accurate polls leading into the 2008 elections. If that is true, why do you and others continue with such spurious claims?

If you or Nancy were deemed to be the most accurate public handicappers, would you like it if I went around claiming that was all propaganda partisan BS? :lol:

Being close on one election doesn't annoint him king pollster or forever establish his objectivity. I think he fudges in favor of repubs. It's just my general impression from his behavior and the warm reception he gets from the likes of Sean Hannity. To be honest, i'm skeptical of anyone who appears regularly and is well-received on fox.

Of course, there's a chance it's ME who's being less than objective abt Rasmussen simply because his stats don't bode well for some bets i've made.

Whatever the case, let's cut to the chase, pace. If you had to bet your life on the outcome, right now, i mean, who would you say wins it?

You might be interested to know that i think obama is in a bit over his head as prez, and that romney could better strike fear in our enemies and do more for the economy. But i still predict an obama win.

ElKabong
09-15-2012, 02:39 PM
With all respect, sir, to think the auto workers in ohio are going to flip romney because some terrorists in training caused an uproar in egypt is a reach. .

You're telling me auto workers are so dumb they would vote on a single issue (unions) and not give a 2nd thought to the economy long term, or the crisis we see in the M.E. right now? OK.

I have more faith in their intelligence and ability to see all sides of an election than you. I can tell you that.

mountainman
09-15-2012, 02:48 PM
You're telling me auto workers are so dumb they would vote on a single issue (unions) and not give a 2nd thought to the economy long term, or the crisis we see in the M.E. right now? OK.

I have more faith in their intelligence and ability to see all sides of an election than you. I can tell you that.

Stop speaking for me. You used the word "dumb" -I didn't. I merely opined that middle-eastern events won't alter the allegiance of auto workers to the prez.

And, by the way, humans are NOTORIOUS for basing decisions on a single aspect of the equation. Learned books have been written abt it.

mountainman
09-15-2012, 02:51 PM

I've mellowed (a lot) with age. But you DON'T want to mess with the amazon.

ElKabong
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
And, by the way, humans are NOTORIOUS for basing decisions on a single aspect of the equation..

That's simply "dumb" on their part.... Obvious reasons. I have more faith in people, myself... And I'm speaking for myself

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Being close on one election doesn't annoint him king pollster or forever establish his objectivity.I never said it did. But it certainly doesn't warrant the kind of things you and others like to say about the organization.

Whatever the case, let's cut to the chase, pace. If you had to bet your life on the outcome, right now, i mean, who would you say wins it?I initially thought Romney, but with all these overseas betting lines and the Idaho thingy, it certainly doesn't look good for Romney. So I would never make this bet either way. If I had to bet my life, I'd be terribly nervous in either direction.

The rational part of me can't come to grips with how a solid majority of Americans would want to give Obama four more years. And this has nothing to do with his politics. I'm basing it simply on job performance and the economy.

fast4522
09-15-2012, 08:10 PM
"The rational part of me can't come to grips with how a solid majority of Americans would want to give Obama four more years. And this has nothing to do with his politics. I'm basing it simply on job performance and the economy"

Mike we either like things or not, one way I view it is that no one wants to admit when they are wrong. That being said there is a voting block in these United States of what I call Roosevelt babies. These are the most selfish elk of man that has ever walked this earth, not to discredit anyone for what they have accomplished in their life or anything like that. Some people want what they want no matter what destruction of our way of life occurs because they figure that they will never have to pay for it. I truly admire many a man who have actually done great things in life for their family and society in general, but the reality is this country will always be on the brink of destruction until all the Roosevelt babies are safely in the ground.

hcap
09-16-2012, 08:52 AM
George W. Bush Not Able to Attend Romney Fundraiser in George W. Bush's Own Home, Probably

On Tuesday, Ann Romney will host a fundraising luncheon for her husband's campaign in George W. Bush's Dallas home. I'm sure it'll have everything: Finger sandwiches, impeccable place settings, some nice chilled wine, a fleet of quiet minorities to serve the food...what a perfect afternoon! Not a single thing is missing. Except...

Romney campaign aides said Thursday they were unsure whether former president Bush would appear at the lunchtime event at his home, or at a separate finance event with Romney later that evening at a Dallas hotel. A Bush spokesperson did not immediately return a request for comment on the former president's schedule, but one Texas Republican close to Bush said he will be in Dallas on Tuesda