PDA

View Full Version : If Romney wins...

Actor
09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
...will the Democrats adopt a "make Romney fail" policy?

The G.O.P. has set the precedent and established the method. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

ArlJim78
09-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Yes I fondly remember all the support from democrats for GWB to succeed.

GaryG
09-04-2012, 11:24 AM
This POS didn't need any help to fail....he made that.

boxcar
09-04-2012, 04:36 PM

The G.O.P. has set the precedent and established the method. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

"Precedent", you say? :rolleyes: It's as old as politics.

Don't you remember what Harry Reid swore several months ago if a Republican gets elected?

This is why even if Rom wins (big IF), it won't amount to a hill of beans unless the GOP wins the senate with genuine conservatives. This is a very, very tall order. The GOP might win the senate, but will those seats be filled with real conservatives or with establishment types?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2012, 04:57 PM

The G.O.P. has set the precedent and established the method. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.It's funnny how you have to be reminded about how kind Dems were to Bush during his eight years... :lol:

Yeah, Obama's the only President this has happened to...must be that "black thing," right Actor? That's what you really meant to type anyway...so why not just type it?

fast4522
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Just a small Jpeg here, we find new things about the candidates every week so don't expect that to change in October or the beginning of November.

Actor
09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
"Precedent", you say? :rolleyes: It's as old as politics.Yes, precedent. In all my life I don't recall any party making "make the President fail" their spoken policy. Nobody said "Make Eisenhower fail," "Make Kennedy fail," "Make LBJ fail." Need I go on?

Maybe they said it in the back rooms but until 2008 I never heard it on the news. Maybe the precedent is that now it's OK to say it out loud.

This is why even if Rom wins (big IF), it won't amount to a hill of beans unless the GOP wins the senate with genuine conservatives. This is a very, very tall order. The GOP might win the senate, but will those seats be filled with real conservatives or with establishment types?

BoxcarNo way the GOP wins the senate. Look at the polls. It's going to be a tie give or take one or two votes. Neither party is going to win the 60 seats necessary to end a filibuster.

My question is "Is that going to be the new paradigm? Non-government by filibuster."