PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR MON. 9/3

MeSlew
09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Hello all! So here we are. Down to it and folding the Spa tent for yet another summer. One last day and then the countdown begins anew. I'm never sure if it is 365 days or 364 days. Either way, I'll be ready. But for tomorrow, getaway day, the roll call looks like this:

Monmouth - 2,4,6
Woodbine - 1,3,5,7,9,10
Calder - 8
Arlington - 2,8,9
Del Mar - 1,3,4,6,8,9,10
Saratoga - 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10

Presented below is the pick 3 at Saratoga that ends with the Hopeful. Could there be another Smoke Glacken in here? Another Hennessy? I remember like it was yesterday the dead heat between Yonaguska and City Zip...with a nasty and dangerous thunderstorm looming overhead, the gates opened to the crack of thunder and the flash of lightening. Those two horses ran like the wind that was chasing them and crossed the finish line together as if running for their lives!

http://slewsfasthorses.com/website3/2012-09-03.jpg

Race 7 is a very interesting affair. Slew's single, Media Starlett is in for the 25K tag as a new claim for Gary Contessa (35k). And here she is for 25K? Only this purse is 82K and wouldn't you like to take a 35K investment and in 1 month turn it into 74K? A win and a claim would do it. Not sure this horse would be entered if the purse were the usual at this level. But that aside, this is almost an all button from my point of view. An eclectic mixture in here to say the least. Reminds me of the old TV program Who Do You Trust?

Race 9 is, well, the Hopeful. Slew's single comes off a nice stakes win at Belmont where he cut fast fractions and won while being chased all the way. I like the idea of him being the "other" Pletcher horse. Starlight isn't Repole, you know, and Repole takes money at the tote. The horse has had time to gather himself and the works are just the way you like to see them. I would not mind him on the business end of a pick 3 with a nice multiplier.

I would like to add that it has really been fun to share this Saratoga with all of you and I do hope some of you rode a Slew winner or two. I know that many of you read my notes on the Belmont Turf back in July and caught Madame Giry along with me. It only takes one horse to make a meet and for some that was the horse. We'll see if we can find another one for Belmont.

For tomorrow, I will have to settle for the replay show but you won't. Savor the final day of Saratoga version 2012, your family, the steaks, hot dogs, brats, or whatever is your pleasure. Click the link below, download the Slew file, and cash a few if you can! And as always...

...good luck and good 'capping!