PDA

View Full Version : Obama- NO not a priority?

Tom
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Bush got criticized for flying over NO to survey the damage (the best way to do it) then got criticized for showing up and getting in their way, then McCain, for what I forget, now Ding Harry the snake criticized Romney for going there because he would leave them all high and dry ( ins't htat a good thing?).

But where has Obama been? Not going there until Monday....what, he's hoping to get a few hot dogs while he poses for photo ops? (Warning NO, when he says he would love a couple of dogs, just remember, he is not like us!:eek:

mostpost
09-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Bush got criticized for flying over NO to survey the damage (the best way to do it) then got criticized for showing up and getting in their way, then McCain, for what I forget, now Ding Harry the snake criticized Romney for going there because he would leave them all high and dry ( ins't htat a good thing?).

But where has Obama been? Not going there until Monday....what, he's hoping to get a few hot dogs while he poses for photo ops? (Warning NO, when he says he would love a couple of dogs, just remember, he is not like us!:eek:
Differences between Katrina and Isaac.
Katrina was a category three with sustained winds of 130MPH
Isaac was a category one with sustained winds of 80MPH.

Katrina had a storm surge of 15 to 20 feet.
Isaac had a storm surge of 8 to 12 feet.

Bush paid little or no attention to Katrina before it hit
Obama was up to date on the movements of Isaac.

During Katrina FEMA was headed by a guy who showed Arabian horses.
During Isaac FEMA was headed by a guy with extensive experience in disaster management.

Katrina made landfall on the morning of August 29. Bush waited until Sept. 2 to tour the area even though the damage from Katrina was the worst in US history.
Isaac made landfall late in the day on August 28. Obama will tour on Swept. 3.

Bush diverted Coast Guard helicopters, and personnel for a photo op and much needed relief supplies were delayed due to Bush's flight over the area.

Obama is not likely to do any of that.

Greyfox
09-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Bush paid little or no attention to Katrina before it hit

Agreed. :ThmbUp:
Bush handled Katrina poorly.

Obama handled the Gulf Oil leak dismally as well.

Tom
09-01-2012, 04:08 PM
mostie lies again.

If his biased brain would look it up, he would see more warnings for Bush to evacuate up to 48 - 72 hours BEFORE it hit than "School-bus Ray Nagin", who FAILED miserably as the authority on the scene, to get anything of substance done.

Besides that, if you live in a hole behind a wall to keep the ocean out, and a hurricane is bearing down of your, what kind of a moron are you to NOT get the hell out????? Maybe Bush was busy wiping liberal butts for them somewhere else.

JustRalph
09-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Mstie left out the real difference

Bush was a repub

DJofSD
09-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Bush was a repub
R U sure 'bout that?

hcap
09-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Bush was a repub
R U sure 'bout that?He was when he invaded Iraq and cut taxes. As both became disasters, he was disavowed rather quickly as a Faux rethug by "real" conservatives.

Sort of like Mittens becoming a Faux conservative but in reverse

Tom
09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
At least he was never a democrat.
hcap again ignores the point of the thread.
Obama continue to embarrass the left.

hcap
09-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Just wait for the stellar embarrassment Romney will display when Obama asks him during the debates, how come he advocated and enacted a government state wide health care system when governor but now pretending to be a reborn "real" conservative is against Obabamacare which used the same policies and planners as Romneycare.

fast4522
09-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Barack Hussein Obama will be running from the fact that he DID NOT BUILD our country up during his first term in office. Just the facts in a debate will be a killer for the Kenyan that will need a chair after the debate. Do you think America loves a liar Hcap? In a month or two it will be amusing watching members from his own party running away from him, watch the rats run! :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
09-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Just wait for the stellar embarrassment Romney will display when Obama asks him during the debates, how come he advocated and enacted a government state wide health care system when governor but now pretending to be a reborn "real" conservative is against Obabamacare which used the same policies and planners as Romneycare.

State versus federal comes to mind. I am sure his reply will include some of that

hcap
09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
State versus federal comes to mind. I am sure his reply will include some of that
So does that mean government health care as set up by both Romney and Obama are worthwhile but should require a vote by each state for acceptance?

JustRalph
09-02-2012, 09:57 PM
So does that mean government health care as set up by both Romney and Obama are worthwhile but should require a vote by each state for acceptance?

I am saying the states should make their own decisions. Federal mandates don't fit every state.

Tom
09-02-2012, 11:44 PM

Only an idiot would not see the difference.
I hope that question gets asked....really hope.
The impact of exposing Obama's complete failure to understand how governments work will be priceless. :lol:
Debates turns into civic Lesson.
Or, as the NY Post might say,

POTUS takes NOTUS.
Romney gives homework to Prez

Tom
09-02-2012, 11:50 PM
And back on topic, why no major news coverage of the disaster in NO - there is flooding, power outages, rescues.....some people are being hit just as hard as Katrina. But silence from the OBamedia. No middle east body counts, and no disaster coverage. One might think the news was being scrubbed, mighten one?

NJ Stinks
09-02-2012, 11:55 PM
And back on topic, why no major news coverage of the disaster in NO - there is flooding, power outages, rescues.....some people are being hit just as hard as Katrina. But silence from the OBamedia. No middle east body counts, and no disaster coverage. One might think the news was being scrubbed, mighten one?

I guess we don't get the same TV stations. Mine are filled with storm coverage.

Tom
09-02-2012, 11:58 PM
The same coverage we saw fro Katrina?
Hardly close, I'd say.

NJ Stinks
09-03-2012, 12:15 AM
The same coverage we saw fro Katrina?
Hardly close, I'd say.

Over 1,800 deaths were caused by Katrina. 5 deaths was the last I heard because of Isaac.

I heard people affected say on the news, this was no Katrina. Doesn't mean it wasn't bad, of course. Just saying you are not comparing apples with apples here.

Wagergirl
09-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Well it wasn't the size, nor caused the same amount of damage that Katrina caused. We have news coverage of what is happening in NO and other areas that are being effected by Isaac.

hcap
09-03-2012, 03:37 AM
I am saying the states should make their own decisions. Federal mandates don't fit every state.All along the main repug contention was that socialized medicine(as though Obamacare was a full single payer plan :lol: ) was an evil hoisted upon us by communists. Every time you gentlemen said garbage like that, and it was pointed out that other western industrialized countries had successes with socialized medicine, we libs were called commies.

Now socialized medicine is ok but states have to be asked first? I guess SS and Medicare should be repealed on the same grounds.

Nevertheless Romney will buckle under questioning of this sort in the presidential debates. His dishonesty will be apparent to the majority of Americans who generally do not follow politics down to the details as we do

ElKabong
09-03-2012, 04:00 AM
I heard people affected say on the news, this was no Katrina. Doesn't mean it wasn't bad, of course. Just saying you are not comparing apples with apples here.

Depends on who you ask. On DTV ch349 during the Hurricane Plaquemines Parrish citizens said Isaac was worse

http://twitchy.com/2012/08/29/worse-than-katrina-pics-of-plaquemines-parish-where-rising-floods-strand-residents/

Water tops 12 foot levee in Plaquemines Parish, LA. People trapped on rooftops. Parish pres. tells Weather Channel "worse than Katrina."
-----------
Parish president Billy Nungesser told reporters:

The devastation of my house is worse than Katrina aand the flooding in Woodlawn is worse than Katrina, so those things tell me that the damage on the east bank is worse than Katrina.
-------------

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2012, 04:18 AM
So President Obama has failed New Orleans...after the lessons of Katrina, shouldn't Obama be lambasted by the media and the left-leaners on this board who tore Bush a new one?

Obama has recent history as his guide, and he STILL ALLOWS THIS HURRICANE TO WREAK HAVOC ON NEW ORLEANS?

It's clear. Just like Kanye said...it applies to Obama as well...George Bush doesn't care about black people...and apparently, neither does Obama.

By the way, I still think this might be the most unintentionally hilarious bit of live TV ever captured...watching Mike Myers and his hairpiece squirm is priceless:

zIUzLpO1kxI

fast4522
09-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Barack Hussein Obama deserves credit he is due, latest example.

Tom
09-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Interesting...two events occurred during the DNC Circus and Village People Reunion:

1. Oil spilled in 2010 came out and rose to the surface of the Gulf.
2. National Debt hit the 16 Trillion Mark.

Meanwhile, they Booed God.

fast4522
09-07-2012, 08:41 PM
And a major news network banned its employees from wearing American flag lapel pins at the convention.

Tom
09-07-2012, 10:37 PM
So they banned God and America this week?