PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with MTNR?

sq764
01-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Buddha, what;s going on with MTNR? Is the 24th still the target date?

JustRalph
01-19-2004, 03:31 AM
this page (from the MTR Gaming Website) says the 19th

http://www.mtrgaming.com/racing/racingschedule.html

Buddha
01-19-2004, 04:59 AM
weather permitting, they are going to be racing on the 19th and 20th. then they will race the 24th-27th. will be nice to finally get to see some MNR races again. i am still in vegas though, so i will have to remember to go to the race book at 4:00 instead of 7:00 and also they will only be running 9 races the next two days. not sure when they will be giong back to 10, but are supposed to soon with the agreement. may not be until february since they already had teh condition book out for january.

Zaf
01-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Hope there going tonight, I miss my Monday Night Action.

ZAFONIC

Buddha
01-19-2004, 02:27 PM
it will be nice to watch again tonight, and also tonight will mark the first night of peter berry as mountaineers new announcer. will be curious to hear what others think of his announcing.

penguinfan
01-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Vegas huh? Well me and the guys gotta get down to see you at the Mountain again soon, when will you be back?

Penguinfan

shanta
01-19-2004, 06:59 PM
there is 4 minutes to post for the first at mnr. you can just feel the tension in the air!!!!! lol!!!!!!:)
richie

sjk
01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
The new caller did fine in the 1st. I wish he would call my horses more prominently, but I guess he needs to stick to what is actually happening.

sq764
01-19-2004, 07:09 PM
I don't like the Aussie style.. But then again I can't stand Michael Wrona, and others love him..

nomadpat
01-19-2004, 08:31 PM
This is like playing Arapahoe at night!
I'm used to Peter Barry out here and they run cheap claimers out there too. But the difference is full fields and of course, the handle is much different :D

sq764
01-19-2004, 09:15 PM
I cannot believe what that early pick 3 paid.. 3/1, 6/5, 3/2.. I was expecting to get back maybe $40 for $2.. Paid $74.50 for a buck!.. Glad to have you back MTNR!

Buddha
01-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by penguinfan
Vegas huh? Well me and the guys gotta get down to see you at the Mountain again soon, when will you be back?

Penguinfan

Good to hear from you again. Started to think that you dropped off the face of teh planet :) Haven't seen you at the track or posting on here much if any for like the last few months. I will be back at the beginning of February

penguinfan
01-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Buddha
Good to hear from you again. Started to think that you dropped off the face of teh planet :) Haven't seen you at the track or posting on here much if any for like the last few months. I will be back at the beginning of February

Yea, just like a bad rash, as soon as you think it's gone, bam it comes back.
Should be back in action real soon, good to see Mountaineer back and running, regular schedule from here on out? Any major changes?

Penguinfan

BTW, what are you doing in Vegas, vacation I hope.

Buddha
01-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by penguinfan
Yea, just like a bad rash, as soon as you think it's gone, bam it comes back.
Should be back in action real soon, good to see Mountaineer back and running, regular schedule from here on out? Any major changes?

Penguinfan

BTW, what are you doing in Vegas, vacation I hope.

I believe they are on a regular schedule, but not sure. They were going to be going 4 days a week after Feb until May, then 5 days, but i dont know what has changed with the agreement.

yea, i figured since they werent racing, and i wasnt going to be working, i was heading out this way for a little R&R. Visiting my buddy in the air force and just having fun.

shanta
01-21-2004, 08:26 AM
this new racecaller is kinda growing on me! :)
richie

Buddha
01-21-2004, 01:51 PM
i somewhat got to hear him the first night, but i didnt get to as much as i would have liked since i was in a sports book, and they would turn it up just loud enough to barely hear. i will get to hear more after i go back home.