PDA

View Full Version : GOODBYE TWINSPIRES

teddy
08-30-2012, 08:32 PM
ALONG WITH DUMPING MY SOFTWARE I NOW DUMPED MY LOWEST PAYING REBATE ADW. ONLY USED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE QUICK TO GET CASH INTO, BUT THEY WERE THE PITS ON EXOTIC REBATES. SEEMS THEY DIDNT LIKE SHARING ME. THEY ARE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THEY WERE REBATING ME AND LOSING MONEY... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?? THEY DIDNT PAY ANY REBATES ON NEG POOLS... NOR DID I EXPECT THEM TO BUT IF YOU ARE TAKING BETS FROM A GUY BETTING PICK 4 AND EXACTAS, THEN HOW CAN YOU LOSE MONEY??

tlinetrader
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Im done there as well. In addition to a variety of problems I've had there, I just got my letter regarding the security breach. As I have only used twinspires and youbet I was wondering if you'd care to make a recommendation for an alternative.

Tom
09-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I got that letter today, too.
Gross incompetence by TS.
Should change their name to BS.

Maybe we get a class action suit together......anyone here a lawyer?
People like this deserve to be sued out of existence.

There is no excuse for this....they need to replace the entire management team there.

:mad:

ldiatone
09-07-2012, 05:13 PM
i got that letter to, and i never signed up to TS for beting. why i got it i don't know.

JustRalph
09-08-2012, 03:22 AM
i got that letter to, and i never signed up to TS for beting. why i got it i don't know.

Youbet? Brisnet? They are twinspires now

ldiatone
09-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Youbet? Brisnet? They are twinspires now
i used Youbet years ago and i use brisnet now. so am i at risk? or does
Brisnet need to send me a letter also?

JustRalph
09-08-2012, 08:32 PM
i used Youbet years ago and i use brisnet now. so am i at risk? or does
Brisnet need to send me a letter also?

You said you got a letter. You are at risk. Your info probably came over from youbet to twinspires

Mike at A+
09-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I've been on hold for 20 minutes now because they changed their betting interface and there is no way to add tracks. They have a clickable button to add tracks but clicking it does nothing. Don't they test this stuff before turning it loose on customers?

tlinetrader
09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
welcome to TS. Their betting interface is pretty good when it works but customer service is non-existent. When there's a problem you cant reach anyone there. Its pathetic.

duncan04
09-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I've been on hold for 20 minutes now because they changed their betting interface and there is no way to add tracks. They have a clickable button to add tracks but clicking it does nothing. Don't they test this stuff before turning it loose on customers?

You need to delete your cookies and temp internet files. After I did that it works fine

Mike at A+
09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
You need to delete your cookies and temp internet files. After I did that it works fine
I eventually did that and am back in business. But still, they should post some sort of notice telling people what they need to do BEFORE releasing updates.

Zydeco
09-12-2012, 04:04 PM
I deleted cookies and temp files. Still nothing. Did it take a little while before you got it to work?

Mike at A+
09-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I deleted cookies and temp files. Still nothing. Did it take a little while before you got it to work?
Do the deletes from a page other than Twin Spires. Then close your browser and start it up again. That worked for me. I use Firefox mostly but I suspect that will also work for other browsers. I have been unable to use Twin Spires through Internet Explorer for months now because it keeps telling me I need a new Adobe Flash download but every time I try to apply it, it fails. I suspect that the OS gets confused because I'm using two different browsers.

Zydeco
09-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks Mike..got it to work on laptop but not desktop yet. I will try that. wow, can't believe they fixed something that wasn't broke to me.

HUSKER55
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
You have to leave your pop up blocker off for TS to work

molson721
09-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I've used the new twinspires quite a bit in the last 24 hours. People normally balk at change but I've tried it last night and today, and I hate it. For somebody who is 39 with extensive computer experience, I try to find something good in change but I see nothing good in what they did. I called the great customer service to tell them a track was done racing and I wanted to delete it from the tracks I was playing so I wouldn't mix it up with another track, they didn't have an answer. I use to be able to see what tracks were running at what times now all I get is a very small screen telling me a track name and how many minutes to post. I guess I should know which tracks are running every day of the week because that little window doesn't help me. I guess they never heard of BETA testing. They just throw it out there and rely on the "Customer Service" people to say if you don't like, it's just one mans opinion. Then when you tell them a flaw, they can't say anything.

Please recommend to me another online wagering service!

Zydeco
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Agreed...fixed something that wasn't broke.

traveler
09-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Took a moron to design it and that is a disservice to morons. Way to small to read, how the hell do you get rid of a track. Time to find a better service.

By the way, their password scheme is stupid not letting you use special characters and when you think about it there was no reason to have had customer applications with personal information on a computer tied to the internet to begin with. Once they set the account up that info. had no reason to be on a computer/network tied to the outside world.

tlinetrader
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I've always liked the betting platform but customer service at TS is an absolute joke. When there's a problem they apparently take the phones off the hook. I actually called the betting line because they were the only ones answering the phone (the classic interface wasnt working) and they're response was that I would just have to wait. My response was "I'd rather spend my time looking for another ADW". Customer service is everything. It doesn't matter how good your product is, if you don't service your customers you don't keep your customers!

I'd love to hear other members thoughts (particular those familiar with TS) about other services that they've had better luck with.

JimG
09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Agreed...fixed something that wasn't broke.

I agree as well. Looks like to me they went back to the old menu this morning in the classic service. :jump: Hopefully, they will just leave it be.

Jim

Zydeco
09-13-2012, 04:06 PM
I agree as well. Looks like to me they went back to the old menu this morning in the classic service. :jump: Hopefully, they will just leave it be.

Jim
Just signed in and i had the same thing. The old select track screen.

duncan04
09-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Is Twinspires down for anyone else?? :ThmbDown:

Mike at A+
09-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Is Twinspires down for anyone else?? :ThmbDown:
Yes, they've been down for at least an hour. I had almost forgotten how to bet on the phone. It felt funny, like going back in a time machine.

LAP_520
09-17-2012, 02:05 PM
2:05PM 9/17/2012

Twinspires.com will not come up...... Interesting

duncan04
09-17-2012, 02:07 PM
2:05PM 9/17/2012

Twinspires.com will not come up...... Interesting

At first it seems like it wants to load but then the screen goes blank

LAP_520
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
2:25PM 9/17/2012

I just got off the phone with technical support at TS. The tech said the site went down this morning...do not know why for sure. They are working on the problem and looking to have it up and running soon....looking at late afternnon or tonight. I asked him if it was connected to the cyber-attack and he said NO.

All we can do is keep trying.......

While they continue to receive failing grade marks...

Wonder what is going thru the minds of the big wigs at Churchill Downs now (:?)

DRIVEWAY
09-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Found a backdoor. Was logged on earlier so it works.

http://www.twinspires.com/content/wager/go

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2012, 02:42 PM
My guess is they are upgrading the site, and something went wrong. They were trying to upgrade the wagering interface the other day and that didn't turn out too well...

Perhaps it is related to the hacking incident in that they are trying to make the site more secure, but apparently they aren't doing a very good job of it, given the fact that they are down in the middle of the day.

duncan04
09-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Found a backdoor. Was logged on earlier so it works.

http://www.twinspires.com/content/wager/go

Tried it. It said I had to log in again but there was nowhere to log in! :bang:

DRIVEWAY
09-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Tried it. It said I had to log in again but there was nowhere to log in! :bang:

Fortunately, I got past the login screen because I logged on earlier and went directly to the wager screen.

The TV works and the betting info shows up. Just lucky I quess.

Grits
09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Their website has left the building.

So has . . . .

your account

your personal info,

and your money.

All may reappear, but, on this, one can't be sure.

Meantime, look for an unmarked letter in the mail in about 30 days. :lol:

LAP_520
09-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Well, twinspires is spinning in quiksand. I reactivated anothe ADW site I had used years ago. They were very happy to have me back.....free video and race replays to boot.....however no PP's.. Oh well, at least I have a backup to do my wagering at home.

duncan04
09-17-2012, 03:30 PM
At 3:30pm Twinspires is back up and running

Beachbabe
09-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I bet all day on Twinspires since the first race at Delaware. No problems.

lamboguy
09-17-2012, 05:13 PM
i think its a good idea to carry backup ADW'S with all the problems that they have once in awhile.

olddaddy
09-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Since were I live, I only have 3 adw choices, TS, Tvg and Xpressbet. I had real problems for a couple weeks earlier this year when Xpressbet only put up half the field as betting choices for a couple weeks of Japan racing. I called the 1st week and thought it was straightened out and the 2nd week it was sos. So I was done with them then. I'm not going to get nickeled to death by Tvg so forget them. That leaves TS which is better than the rest for me.