PDA

View Full Version : Remington Park Race 8 (8-29-12)

Track Phantom
08-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I'd like to know if anyone else saw this race.

#8 Sunday'sontheway (morning line favorite) was 1-9 for much of the betting and 3-5 as they went into the gate. Breaking from the gate, he was 4-5.

1 furlong into the race, the rider was doing everything he could to pull the horse up and finally did about 2 furlongs in. (watch the replay) Just after that, the odds on #8 Sundaysontheway went up to 7-2.

I have no idea if it's a product of little money wagered but something smelled all the way around on this race.

cj
08-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Sounds like more of the old "cancel delay"...really great for the integrity of the sport.

lamboguy
08-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Sounds like more of the old "cancel delay"...really great for the integrity of the sport.
wrong on this one, the cancel was way after the race started. they took $3000 out of the win pool after the horse pulled up and was out of the race. the horse looked 1-5 on paper

cj
08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
wrong on this one, the cancel was way after the race started. they took $3000 out of the win pool after the horse pulled up and was out of the race. the horse looked 1-5 on paper

You can't possibly know when the money was removed. The horse looked bad right away, well before being pulled up. And no, the horse didn't look 1 to 5 on paper in my opinion.

His last three figs, most recent first, and those of the winner:

8: 64, 60, 62
7: 69, 56, 60

Track Phantom
08-30-2012, 12:41 AM
You can't possibly know when the money was removed. The horse looked bad right away, well before being pulled up. And no, the horse didn't look 1 to 5 on paper in my opinion.

His last three figs, most recent first, and those of the winner:

8: 64, 60, 62
7: 69, 56, 60

You may have felt he wasn't a cinch but his pp's are the kind that get bet to even money. He was at around the odds you'd expect for a horse of that kind for a supertrainer.

He certainly wasn't a 7-2 proposition.

I'm sure it's probably coincidental but it didn't look good to see the rider fighting with the horse to pull him up for 15 seconds, finally pull him up and his odds go from 4-5 to 7-2.

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Sounds to me that they don't even care enough to try and hide the bullshit anymore...a sure indication of "end times" if you ask me.

cj
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
You may have felt he wasn't a cinch but his pp's are the kind that get bet to even money. He was at around the odds you'd expect for a horse of that kind for a supertrainer.

He certainly wasn't a 7-2 proposition.

I'm sure it's probably coincidental but it didn't look good to see the rider fighting with the horse to pull him up for 15 seconds, finally pull him up and his odds go from 4-5 to 7-2.

I wasn't arguing that point. Hell, I agreed with you in the very first response. The next guy, however, was off base as 1-5 and even money are two different worlds.

lamboguy
08-30-2012, 09:54 AM
I wasn't arguing that point. Hell, I agreed with you in the very first response. The next guy, however, was off base as 1-5 and even money are two different worlds.based on my own personal odds model, that is the price i had this horse. everyone has their very own equation as to how to come up with an odds model. i understand that an odds model can be very subjective depending upon the input that one uses to derive the actual price.

Gapfire
08-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I see the exact same thing happening at most tracks. It's too easy for a rider to come back, and say the horse was amiss. Nothing can ever be proven.

cj
08-30-2012, 11:49 AM
I see the exact same thing happening at most tracks. It's too easy for a rider to come back, and say the horse was amiss. Nothing can ever be proven.

The horse should be given a thorough check by the vet and the result reported to the public. Of course in many cases, the vet would have to explain how it was missed before the race so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Gapfire
08-30-2012, 11:53 AM
The horse should be given a thorough check by the vet and the result reported to the public. Of course in many cases, the vet would have to explain how it was missed before the race so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I agree. I'm not the best at determining a horse's physicality off of a computer monitor either. There should be better safeguards in place to protect the bettor.
As you say, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Mr G
08-30-2012, 03:01 PM
can find replay here

http://www.remingtonpark.com/Multimedia/Race_Replays/

race 8th on the 29th

Bullet Plane
08-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Thoughts on the race after review ...

The actual favorite in this race ( about 7-5) was the 2 Silver Flicka who was dropping from a 40K stakes into this 7500 Statebred Claimer. He showed speed in that race, and came back with a fast 2/96 Workout for this race. Looked like the one to me....(he didn't win)

The second betting choice was the 8 Sunday'sontheway, 7-2 vs 3-1 morning line. Not much difference.

The jockey pulled the horse back for some reason.

This thread has made it questionable enough for me to call or E-mail and try to get an explanation. I will get back to you either way.

LogicRules55
09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Tried to post this on 8-30 (wasn't already member - so I signed up & my account was validated today, 4 days later); sorry about the delay.

MARY ANN ROBERTS, the staff attorney for the OKLAHOMA HORSE RACING COMMISSION, has been contacted about this issue and has been directed to this forum

LogicRules55
09-04-2012, 12:37 PM
received 9-4-12 8:47 AM PT

Dear Sir,

Per our conversation on August 30th, the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission, in conjunction with Remington Park, has reviewed the pool in question. It has been confirmed that two wagers totaling $3,635.00 were in fact cancelled prior to the running of the race. At this time, we have no reason to believe pool manipulation occurred.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Roberts

Mary Ann Roberts
Staff Attorney
Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission

lamboguy
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Dear Sir,

Per our conversation on August 30th, the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission, in conjunction with Remington Park, has reviewed the pool in question. It has been confirmed that two wagers totaling $3,635.00 were in fact cancelled prior to the running of the race. At this time, we have no reason to believe pool manipulation occurred.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Roberts

Mary Ann Roberts
Staff Attorney
Oklahoma Horse Racing Commissioni appreciate your efforts on this, but seriously what kind of a response is that? 2 seconds after the race was run everyone knew the money came out of the pool, for what reason other than pool manipulation could that be if indeed the money came out 10 seconds before the race was run?

cj
09-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Roberts

Mary Ann Roberts
Staff Attorney
Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission

She probably couldn't identify a horse if it ran her over.

Of course it is pool manipulation, and any idiot can see it did in fact occur.

Track Phantom
09-05-2012, 07:19 AM
So, let me get this straight....Her opinion, from what I can interpret, is this:

1. No pool manipulation
2. Nothing suspicious occurred worth looking into

$3,600 was cancelled "prior to the race" and it happened to be cancelled on a horse that gets pulled up during the running of the race. The rider worked on pulling this runner up for more than a half of a mile.

If that doesn't warrant a longer look, what does?

In all honesty, I don't think anything criminal took place but the nonchalant approach those in position to protect this game take is appalling. I don't expect her to get the FBI involved but how about a slight sense of urgency or at least portray the fact that you. and those involved, care and take it seriously. That response leads me to believe no one is providing any real oversight.