PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC black-out

ArlJim78
08-29-2012, 09:44 AM
MSNBC's coverage of the Republican National Convention chose not to broadcast any of the speeches by people of color. Presumably so that their lily white panel of Chris Matthews, Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz and Chris Hayes could continue to push their narrative about how racism permeates the Republican party.

Well this racial injusctice on the part of MSNBC shall not stand, and I know that several of the PA liberals watch only MSNBC for their talking points, so they unwittingly missed out of some good speeches, so I'm posting a couple of them.

Artur Davis gave a speech at the DNC in 2008 in support of Obama, and no doubt he was hailed by MSNBC on that night. But now that he has exercised his free will to leave the democratic plantation, he's a pariah and will not be covered. Because according to the left, if you're black you must think and act and vote according to their rigidly defined ideology.

MSNBC Abandons GOP Convention during every speech by a minority (http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/28/msnbc-abandons-gop-convention-during-every-speech-by-a-minority/)

bcsVnkwmDok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcsVnkwmDok

r2Cbvewaa7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Cbvewaa7g

boxcar
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Great examples of how the media can lie by omission. Just cherry-pick the reports that will fit in with your agenda and stereotypes.

Boxcar

Tom
08-29-2012, 11:00 AM
MSNBC's coverage of the Republican National Convention chose not to broadcast any of the speeches by people of color. Presumably so that their lily white panel of Chris Matthews, Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz and Chris Hayes could continue to push their narrative about how racism permeates the Republican party.

Not watching PMSNBC, I did not know this....that they are more lily white than the republican party! :lol:

And, by restricting the voices of Black people, does that not prove them to be bigots as well?

At least during segregation, we had "separate but equal."
No equal time at PMS for people not snow-like in appearance! :lol:

Wonder if the eat lunch at Woolworth's?

NJ Stinks
08-29-2012, 11:35 AM

I guess Al Sharpton was invisible on your TV. But he was there in living color on my TV last night.

Tom
08-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Al Sharpton was not a SPEAKER at the RNC convention.

Who knows what rabble rousing he was there for?
Looking for another Twana maybe?

FantasticDan
08-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I see the usual suspects are hard at work regurgitating the tripe of all their favorite websites.. :lol:

The reality:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-falsely-accused-of-purposely-omitting-minority-republican-speeches/

Hey, did CNN carry any minority speeches? Or were all their minority camera operators busy dodging peanuts? :blush:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/120829/black-cnn-reporter-at-rnc-had-food-thrown-at-her-rnc

NJ Stinks
08-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Al Sharpton was not a SPEAKER at the RNC convention.

Jim said MSNBC had a " lily white panel". My TV says they didn't.

Anyway, when I do tune in my plan is to watch MSNBC coverage mostly this week and FOX News next week. Otherwise, these conventions are completey unwatchable.

DJofSD
08-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Condi Rice on Kudlow tonight.

FantasticDan
08-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Otherwise, these conventions are completey unwatchable.Amen to that. If you were to interview 100 people, 99 would say they're completely turned off by the same tired political rhetoric, yet these conventions are nothing more than brainless showcases for same. :jump:

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

DJofSD
08-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Amen to that. If you were to interview 100 people, 99 would say they're completely turned off by the same tired political rhetoric, yet these conventions are nothing more than brainless showcases for same. :jump:

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:I guess that explains why you are watching.

FantasticDan
08-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Oh SNAP! :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
08-29-2012, 12:46 PM
freethinking blacks and hispanics are seeing the light and leaving the democratic plantation. of course many will still spout off the same tired rhetoric not backed up by reality of course, about tea party racism and such, despite the fact that some of the biggest tea party favorites are Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Mia Love, etc.
I admire people like Artur Davis, who stand up to the BS with dignity and class, choosing to take a stand on principle despite the barrage of slings and arrows from the racist congressional black caucus and the inevitable media scorn.

I can't imagine being told all my life that I was supposed to think and act and believe certain things only because of my skin color, and not because I actually agreed with it. It would be horrible to always be pigeonholed in that way, as if someones skin color and not their mind defines what they should think and believe.

alas these are some of the many antiquated stereotypes and prejudices still enforced by the left, aided and abetted by their willing accomplices in the media.

Tom
08-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I see the usual suspects are hard at work regurgitating the tripe of all their favorite websites.. :lol:

The reality:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-falsely-accused-of-purposely-omitting-minority-republican-speeches/

Hey, did CNN carry any minority speeches? Or were all their minority camera operators busy dodging peanuts? :blush:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/120829/black-cnn-reporter-at-rnc-had-food-thrown-at-her-rnc

Not me - never been to those.
My snappy and timely reply was 100% out of my head,

ArlJim78
08-29-2012, 07:42 PM
MsNBC hack Lawerence O'Donnell, ever vigilant in his quest to find republican racism, has made a huge discovery in Mitch McConnell's speech.

get this;

MARTIN BASHIR: We have seen an early draft of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s forthcoming oration. Can I quote something from you? “For four years, Barack Obama has been running from the nation’s problems, he hasn’t been working to earn re-election. He has been working to earn a spot on the PGA Tour.” How about that?

LAWRENCE O’DONNELL: Well, we know exactly what he’s trying to do there. He is trying to align to Tiger Woods and surely, the — lifestyle of Tiger Woods with Barack Obama. Obviously, nothing could be further from the truth. They find every way they possibly can to –

yes a dig at Obama for golfing too much is really a coded way of associating him with Tiger Woods and his lifestyle. Really?

I mean this is a stretch even for the bottom of the barrel standards of messnbc. even MArtin Bashir was taken aback. the lineup of quacks and hacks on this network is something to behold.

Tom
08-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Based on speeches so far, I want the ticket to be Ryan/Love.
BOTH were exceptionally good, honest, and focused and this is the stuff Obama cannot stand up to. This is what the message must be......not a shotgun of piddling issues, but a laser focus on the failed presidency that is Obama, and his complete lack of leadership, vision, and accountability.

I wish I had the ROLAIDS contract over at PMSNBC.....they must be going through them gangbusters!

Why, it is so bad over there, I heard Mathew's leg stopped tingling and his sphincter started.

ArlJim78
08-30-2012, 11:01 AM
there have been some very good speeches on both nights. Ryan hit one out of the park. Condi was great too, Susana Martinez, Mia Love, Artur Davis, Ann Romney. messnbc is missing a great convention while they're all busy playing race detectives.
that's what's great about cspan. no talking heads or commercials.