PDA

View Full Version : Game On Dude's Untethered Rein

nijinski
08-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Saw Dudes left rein dangling as he battled to stave off Dullahan.

Looks like Chantal slipped up somewhat , but in any case Dullahan

and his track record performance sparkled .

JustRalph
08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Looks like there is a case to be made for polytrack horses. I have always been skeptical, but this horse seems to move up on poly. Dullahan hopefully paid back some that he let down early in the year.

Can't feel bad when Romans wins. He such a small guy and I am sure he gets pushed around a lot.

nijinski
08-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Looks like there is a case to be made for polytrack horses. I have always been skeptical, but this horse seems to move up on poly. Dullahan hopefully paid back some that he let down early in the year.

Can't feel bad when Romans wins. He such a small guy and I am sure he gets pushed around a lot.

They should keep him on this surface , no question about it .

As for G.O.D. , he always tries his best . Not sure he got the best ride today ,

but Dullahan was tough .

Stillriledup
08-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Dude got a good ride, if Chantal Sent him to the lead and battled with a 99-1 shot, she would have been criticized for that too. She did as well as she could, sat a nice stalking trip, made a move and came up 2nd best. Not much more she could have done, its not like GOD is a poly freak, his best efforts are on different surfaces.

Tom
08-26-2012, 11:16 PM
A stretch duel between a horse who can't run on dirt and one who run off lasix.
Nice championship caliber race. Pass.
They are good horses IF........OK.

nijinski
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Dude got a good ride, if Chantal Sent him to the lead and battled with a 99-1 shot, she would have been criticized for that too. She did as well as she could, sat a nice stalking trip, made a move and came up 2nd best. Not much more she could have done, its not like GOD is a poly freak, his best efforts are on different surfaces.

G.O.D. didn't seem to have any problem with the surface yesterday .

Chantal was not too happy with herself yesterday. Said she had hadn't dropped a rein in thirteen years . It happened when she went to the left handed whip in the stretch .

Dullahan was probably just too good for Dude yesterday , but sorry the ride looked a little sloppy at the end for his rival .

horses4courses
08-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I wonder if a change of rider has been thought about?
Seems like a harsh move, but it's a tough business.....

Meanwhile, I guess the Goodwood (or whatever it's called now) is next.

nijinski
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
I wonder if a change of rider has been thought about?
Seems like a harsh move, but it's a tough business.....

Meanwhile, I guess the Goodwood (or whatever it's called now) is next.

Looks like Jill's the boss on this one , lol. If so it may not happen.
Not saying CS isn't capable . I just think she has other aspirations
that may be a priority right now , and that's fine , she deserves that.
Those harsh moves happen all the time in this business . It would be
nothing new.

dilanesp
08-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Looks like Jill's the boss on this one , lol. If so it may not happen.
Not saying CS isn't capable . I just think she has other aspirations
that may be a priority right now , and that's fine , she deserves that.
Those harsh moves happen all the time in this business . It would be
nothing new.

Baffert took her off once already after she gave him a rodeo ride in the Santa Anita Hcp. The horse ran poorly for other riders and Chantal was soon back on him. I suspect he won't do it again.