PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Island

fiveouttasix
08-25-2012, 08:12 AM
I was looking forward to singling Hungry Island on a few of my P4 tickets.
She fired 2nd off the layoff at CD earlier this year & I liked the slight turnback to 8.5 furlongs.
I noticed she has no published workouts since the Diana & now I read at DRF that she has undergone a throat operation since her last race.
Often I tend to over think things...anyone know what to make of this?

Robert Fischer
08-25-2012, 10:17 AM
I was looking forward to singling Hungry Island on a few of my P4 tickets.
She fired 2nd off the layoff at CD earlier this year & I liked the slight turnback to 8.5 furlongs.
I noticed she has no published workouts since the Diana & now I read at DRF that she has undergone a throat operation since her last race.
Often I tend to over think things...anyone know what to make of this?

I wouldn't be too concerned with the throat operation. If anything it could help her breathing a little. (trimming a skin flap near airway)

Take this with a grain of salt, but Shug says in the latest DRF writeup "she's trained fine since then" implying she has had strong gallops up to the race (simply no listed breezes).

Best thing I can tell you is handicap normally. The one thing I wouldn't do is put a tonne of stock into 2nd off a layoff angle in this situation as the routine was handled differently this time.

good luck

fiveouttasix
08-25-2012, 10:54 AM
"The one thing I wouldn't do is put a tonne of stock into 2nd off a layoff angle in this situation as the routine was handled differently this time."
This was my thought as well...Thanks Robert

Itamaraca
08-25-2012, 12:16 PM
The time for HI was the CD race. Save your money.

Looks like Zagora is training a lot better and won't be the SHORT horse she was last time. Way to let them train themselves. :lol: