PDA

View Full Version : Travers winner is....

Track Phantom
08-24-2012, 12:18 AM
...#8 NECK AND NECK - Sitting on a big race here....

http://www.trackphantom.com/Racing12.html

PhantomOnTour
08-24-2012, 01:12 AM
#10 Nonios keeps getting better, never runs a bad one, looks like he could control this race if sent early.

GaryG
08-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Stealcase has been his own worst enemy much of the time, but he has the ability to win it with a clean trip. He made a nice sustained move in the Haskell after a horrendous start. Should be a min of 20-1.

Solid_Gold
08-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Stealcase has been his own worst enemy much of the time, but he has the ability to win it with a clean trip. He made a nice sustained move in the Haskell after a horrendous start. Should be a min of 20-1.

At the odds my selection as well. GL to us both!

Track Phantom
08-24-2012, 06:03 PM

Looked long and hard at him, too. The difference for me is how Neck and Neck accelerated in the lane at CD and how he kept coming vs. Alpha in last despite the very easy trip Alpha had.

I really think Neck and Neck runs a big one but will use Stealcase, as well.

Mr G
08-24-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't know about picking the winner as of now but I do know Ramon D, Alpha 5-2, is on a roll and just crushing the competition at Saratoga......

And my current favorite longshot rider, Irad Ortiz, is on the longest shot of the board, #1 Speightscity listed at 30-1.

So my plan as of right now is not to try and pick the winner but do try to hit a nice paying tri by using Ramon and Irad so the wager is Trifecta Key Box of 1 with 6 with ALL for $54.00 for a buck and $108.00 for two bucks.

I would love to see it come in something like 1-3-6

Itamaraca
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Liaison or Nonios

ArlJim78
08-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Atigun

Robert Fischer
08-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Liaison is a horse who really needs to be urged nearing the turn, but Bejarano handles him better than M. Garcia. Looks like the Value.

Everyone will use the dynamics against him, but Alpha got a lot out of the last race to move forward with, and should be peaking for this effort.

Nonios ran big in the Haskell. He's the most honest horse in the race. What happened with the uncharacteristic 8/12 work? Acting too sharp after 8/6 work? Has had a great summer.

Dahoss9698
08-24-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't know about picking the winner as of now but I do know Ramon D, Alpha 5-2, is on a roll and just crushing the competition at Saratoga......

And my current favorite longshot rider, Irad Ortiz, is on the longest shot of the board, #1 Speightscity listed at 30-1.

So my plan as of right now is not to try and pick the winner but do try to hit a nice paying tri by using Ramon and Irad so the wager is Trifecta Key Box of 1 with 6 with ALL for $54.00 for a buck and $108.00 for two bucks.

I would love to see it come in something like 1-3-6

You're not real concerned with the fact that Speightcity hasn't run in 6 months?

Not trying to talk you off a bomb, which he'll be, but he seems pretty up against it here, Irad Ortiz or not.

I like Neck n' neck like seemingly everyone else and like Five Sixteen to spice up the exacta.

Mr G
08-24-2012, 09:59 PM
No, I'm not concerned....more important to me is that in his last race he ran 2nd to Alpha. There's no doubt in my mind that Ramon is on a roll so I see Alpha getting a share but I hate chalk with a passion and actually, I don't even care for this race....

By that I mean this is The Travers Stake at Saratoga and this years race doesn't look too hot to me....I mean a Travers at the Spa without a Pletcher horse just seems weird to me.

So I believe in Ramon but hate chalk so where is value to me? The value would be in some bomb hooking up in the tri with Ramon and Alpha...and my bomb jockey just happens to be Irad and he is going to be on the largest longshot in the race...on a horse that has run 2nd to Alpha....

So in a race I am not crazy about to begin with I am very comfortable wagering $100 or so on a Irad, Ramon with ALL tri box in taking a shot at what could possible be a tri that could easily pay well over $500 even if a 5-2 shot wins...that being Ramon with Alpha.

This is my thinking right now...still quite a ways off until post time....but I just am not crazy about his race but don't want to miss my longshot jockey Irad if he suprises...

Dahoss9698
08-24-2012, 10:24 PM
You realize the horses actually run and not the jockeys, right?

MickJ26
08-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Anybody know what happened to Teeth of the Dog? Did I miss something? Thanks.

Striker
08-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Anybody know what happened to Teeth of the Dog? Did I miss something? Thanks.
Smarty Jones Stakes on Labor day then the PA Derby

Capper Al
08-25-2012, 07:28 AM
EP picks 6 10 8 5
ML Odds 5-2 4-1 9-2 5-1

Factor 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Speed 10 2 6 8
Class 6 9 7 5
Conn 8 10 5 6

raybo
08-25-2012, 08:28 AM
10 - 4 - 6 - 9 (in grade order) (3 - Alpha has been off since May according to the Bris data file, 112 days, so that one is quite iffy, for the win)

JimG
08-25-2012, 08:38 AM
:10: Nonios

Dahoss9698
08-25-2012, 09:02 AM
10 - 4 - 6 - 9 (in grade order) (3 - Alpha has been off since May according to the Bris data file, 112 days, so that one is quite iffy, for the win)

Alpha ran a few weeks ago in the Jim Dandy.

Grits
08-25-2012, 09:29 AM
:5: Street Life

With :9: Liaison and :10: Nonios in exacta.

PhantomOnTour
08-25-2012, 10:08 AM
#10 Nonios keeps getting better, never runs a bad one, looks like he could control this race if sent early.
The more i look, the more i like.

I was against Neck N Neck last time because he has sat on slow paces at CD (and now at Sar) and been able to finish nicely....what happens when he has to track a fast pace (like Nonios did in the Haskell)?
Unfortunately, NNN will likely get a dawdling pace to stalk again today.
Race loaded with stalkers and plodders...pleading with Johnny V to put Nonios on the lead and just march. Nonios is by a BC Classic winner and out of a dam who is by a Belmont winner...he should handle 10f.
The :10: is my key and i will use Liaison (all set today), Street Life, NNN, Stealcase and Alpha underneath.

My worry regarding Nonios is the 126lbs he must carry...never toted more than 118 while some of his rivals have run well with 120 + lbs.

burnsy
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Liaison or Nonios
i'm on board, california has won every one of these except the belmont. either of these could win.

raybo
08-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Alpha ran a few weeks ago in the Jim Dandy.

Yeah, got my numbers and names screwed up, the 3 is Golden Ticket, not Alpha. Alpha is the 6 and one of my contenders. :bang:

My RS picks are, with names:

10 - Nonios
4 - Stealcase
6 - Alpha
9 - Liaison

The Black Box picks, and it is a "Play FWC" (black box play, bet all that are 3/1 or higher odds) race, are:

4 - Stealcase
9 - Liaison
10 - Nonios
with the 8 - Neck 'n Neck, a distant 4th

Itamaraca
08-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I was against Neck N Neck last time because he has sat on slow paces at CD (and now at Sar) and been able to finish nicely....what happens when he has to track a fast pace (like Nonios did in the Haskell)?
Unfortunately, NNN will likely get a dawdling pace to stalk again today.

The may 10th race went 2-1-6-3-5-4-7 around the track, so the slow pace thing is feasible. But they went 3-5-4-1-2 around the track on June 16th. Hard to make a case for a slow pace when the pacesetters run last and next to last. But to be against a horse because it's able to finish well -- in fact, he, essentially, WIPED OUT both fields -- in a slow paced race doesn't make sense to me. Especially this horse, which has shown the ability to sit good trips. A fast pace would be to the advantage of a horse like this -- even more so in a race that some moves in it.

Striker
08-25-2012, 01:53 PM
#4 Stealcase