PDA

View Full Version : More great news on our "recovery"

ArlJim78
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Household income is below recession levels (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/household-income-is-below-recession-levels-report-says/2012/08/23/aa497460-ec80-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_story.html)

Incomes have dropped more since the beginning of the
recovery than they did during the recession itself, when they declined 2.6
percent, according to the report, which analyzed data from the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey

Over the past three years, the inflation-adjusted median
income of households headed by whites was down 5.2 percent to $56,255.
Households headed by blacks sustained a staggering 11.1 percent drop in median
income. Hispanic-led households saw their real income decline by 4.1 percent
over the same period, the report said

So Obama's "recovery" is worse than the recession.:lol:

Four more years! four more years!

ElKabong
08-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Mission Accomplished.

acorn54
08-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Household income is below recession levels (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/household-income-is-below-recession-levels-report-says/2012/08/23/aa497460-ec80-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_story.html)

So Obama's "recovery" is worse than the recession.:lol:

Four more years! four more years!
the information you post i do not disagree with, but the decline in the standard of living has been going on years before obama came to office
instead of politicians and their followers trying to make each other look bad, they should get down to work and comprimise.

ArlJim78
08-23-2012, 08:42 PM
the information you post i do not disagree with, but the decline in the standard of living has been going on years before obama came to office
instead of politicians and their followers trying to make each other look bad, they should get down to work and comprimise.
compromise on what? you're dreaming if you think government solutions are ever going to fix anything.
what we need is government out of the way, and to elect a whole bunch of new people to office.

wisconsin
08-23-2012, 09:03 PM
but the decline in the standard of living has been going on years before obama came to office

So?

Obama was "change".

MMM MMM MMM

acorn54
08-23-2012, 09:06 PM
compromise on what? you're dreaming if you think government solutions are ever going to fix anything.
what we need is government out of the way, and to elect a whole bunch of new people to office.

i think it was justice oliver wendal holmes who said something to the effect; government is the price to pay to have a civilization.

boxcar
08-23-2012, 09:36 PM
i think it was justice oliver wendal holmes who said something to the effect; government is the price to pay to have a civilization.

"Civilization", eh? Concrete jungles filled with The Miserables, thanks largely to "government"? That's your idea of good government?

The less government the people have, the better off we'll all be in every way imaginable.

Boxcar

newtothegame
08-23-2012, 09:40 PM

Lol back to the blame someone else or use "its been going on" for justification.
I am not sure who...maybe someone could help with this but, someone once said if he couldnt fix the problem in 3 years, it would be one term......hmmmm any ideas??

horses4courses
08-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Just keep beating the drum between now and November, boys.......... :rolleyes:

ArlJim78
08-23-2012, 09:49 PM
sometimes I think people almost worship the government like it is all powerful, all knowing. reminds me of this...

Readings from the Book of Barack

1 In the beginning Govt created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the economy was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the ATMs, and the Spirit of Govt was hovering over the land.

3 And Govt said, “Let there be spending,” and there was spending. 4 Govt saw that the spending was good, and that it separated the light from the darkness. 5 Govt called the spending Investments, and this he did in the first day.

the rest at
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2012/07/you-didnt-build-that.html

Greyfox
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same (if not worse.)

http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d8e97ee41d14abb50e51c6cd6c079f61_1M.png

PaceAdvantage
08-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Just keep beating the drum between now and November, boys.......... :rolleyes: Reminds me of folks of your political persuasion during the run up to the 2004 election...beating the drum of war and writing an article each and everyone a serviceman died. Btw, I must ask...have servicemen stopped dying completely the last four years? Nobody has died in Afghanistan in 48 or so months? Or have they just stopped reporting on it?

woodtoo
08-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Sorry to say,it's not news.

ArlJim78
08-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Reminds me of folks of your political persuasion during the run up to the 2004 election...beating the drum of war and writing an article each and everyone a serviceman died. Btw, I must ask...have servicemen stopped dying completely the last four years? Nobody has died in Afghanistan in 48 or so months? Or have they just stopped reporting on it?
Funny about that, how Obamas Afghan war doesn't even merit the slightest news coverage anymore. 2008 it was all about war and torture and Bush the war criminal non stop 24/7.
Now Obama's war drags on, casualities increase, he goes over the top sending the drones willy nilly into other countries, and where is the coverage? where are the protests. where are the news anchors with their mock anger "have you no decency sir?"

situational values and concerns, that is what defines the left.

badcompany
08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I wonder why they used Household Income, as that stat is virtually meaningless. What you want to use is Per Capita Income.

Two roommates each make 50K. Their Household income is 100K.

They both get raises to 60k and one decides to get his own place. Now, their Per Capita Income has risen to 60K but their Household Income has DECREASED from 100k to 60k.

Tom
08-24-2012, 12:49 PM
If it was Bush in office, this would be dominating the headlines:

The summer remained the peak season for fighting, with the single highest period for U.S. deaths being July, August and September 2010, when at least 143 troops died.

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_21368743/rising-u-s-death-toll-signs-changing-afghan

August was the worst single month ever.
Remember, Obama said he did want victory in Afghanistan as it would offend the people there.

It's not jut our economy he has targeted to destroy.