PDA

View Full Version : Jump Racing

LAP_520
08-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Thursday August 23, 2012

After watching the first race today at Saratoga.....The NY Turf Writers Handicap.....I am convinced the New York State Racing and Wagering Board should "outlaw" and ban all steeple chase races on their circuit. This is definitely a case of cruelty to animals. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Thursday August 23, 2012

After watching the first race today at Saratoga.....The NY Turf Writers Handicap.....I am convinced the New York State Racing and Wagering Board should "outlaw" and ban all steeple chase races on their circuit. This is definitely a case of cruelty to animals. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:you couldn't be more wrong. these horses have been given second chances with the jumpers. they all get the greatest care and suffer less injuries and fatalities than the runners.

PhantomOnTour
08-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Two flat runners went down at Sar yesterday. Don't know their condition but from what i saw they weren't going to survive.
Don't know the fate of the two jumpers who just went down but i am feeling WAY more optimistic about their condition than the ones from yesterday.

What should the state of NY do about this 'cruelty' to the flat runners?

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 01:28 PM
the riders and horses are fine that fell in the jump race today.

gm10
08-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not saying it's cruel but jumps racing leads to a lot more fatalities than flat racing does (relatively speaking).

PhantomOnTour
08-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm not saying it's cruel but jumps racing leads to a lot more fatalities than flat racing does (relatively speaking).
I have no stats to back this up, so it's pure presumption....but doesn't the height and rigidity of the fences have a lot to do with the falls and their severity?
ie...higher more rigid fences = more falls and deaths

The fences in the Grand National are inhumane imo...way too high, way too tough.

LAP_520
08-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Petition ever gets started to ban jumpers, I will be signing it.

NYRA at its best today........
Race 2...... had 6 horses originally entered then an early scratch of the #5 .....with a ML of 4-5 on #6 Saginaw the Winner.

Race 3... had 7 horses entered ..then early scratches of the three ML favorites. Thus the #4 ML at 5-1 becomes 4-5.

Where are ALL the race horses ??????????????????????

Race 2 into race 3 $1.00 Double 6/4 pays $1.90

Boy ....Mule races sound more interesting. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
08-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Petition ever gets started to ban jumpers, I will be signing it.

NYRA at its best today........
Race 2...... had 6 horses originally entered then an early scratch of the #5 .....with a ML of 4-5 on #6 Saginaw the Winner.

Race 3... had 7 horses entered ..then early scratches of the three ML favorites. Thus the #4 ML at 5-1 becomes 4-5.

Where are ALL the race horses ??????????????????????

Race 2 into race 3 $1.00 Double 6/4 pays $1.90

Boy ....Mule races sound more interesting. :lol:
You should start betting on mules.

I never get the point of posts like this...waiting for that one not so great card during Saratoga to unleash more useless negativity...gee, thanks for the helpful reply...way to go man!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 07:20 PM
stop giving the guy ideas, i not only bet the steeple, i also bet mules. you must want him to knock me out of business

mabred
08-24-2012, 08:17 AM
only a blackout in boston will knock u out of the game!!!

lambo knows his babies!!

mabred