PDA

View Full Version : CRC Thursday 8-23-2012 (Picks)

MitchS
08-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Unveiling a new sheet. Really the only difference is the highlighting under the horses names. Sheets like these can be confusing to newer handicappers and I've had requests in the past for actual "picks". Well here it is, the actual picks. Remember that we are value handicappers and if there is no value present in the race, it should be passed.

Color coding-

Dark Green- Highest win probability
Light Green- Win probability
Red- Higher than normal win probability. Race generally should be skipped.
Yellow- In a Red horse highlighted race you should generally pass the race. Yellow highlighted horses are marginal at best.

Note-
The 6th race is highly contentious and that's why you see 2 dark green and 2 light green horses selected. I'll try to get back and narrow that one down a bit.

Have a great day at the races,
Mitch

MitchS
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Had time today to upload an updated sheets AFTER scratches. You'll see that the scratches brought in another highly contentions race in the 2nd. If I have time I'll get back with my final selections in those 2 contentious races. If not let the odds be your guide!

Have a good one,
Mitch

MitchS
08-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Good results at Calder today with the new sheet. Made a couple minor errors but overall the results were good with two nice priced winners. Some bad luck as well, but that's racing!

:1: st- This was a tough decision. You had 2 nice value horses and at 1 minute to post the top rated horse was 3/1 which was a good price in this PARTICULAR race for the top rated horse. I played all 3, lol. I try not to bet more than 2 in a race but sometimes 3 in a race in acceptable. Top rated won and paid $7.80.

:2: nd- Clear cut 2 value horses to wager. Win and paid $18.00

:3: rd- No plays

:4: th- 1 value wager. 3rd

:5: th- 1 value wager. 3rd- Disqualified

:6: th- 2 value wager. Out

:7: th- 2 value wagers. Winner $30.40

:8: th- No play. Never play super chalk! Ran out anyway, lol.. MSW?

:9: th- 1 value wager. Out

Results- @ $2.00 Wagers

12 wagers- $24.00
3 winners- 25%
Won- $56.20

ROI- +134%