PDA

View Full Version : Another Classy Democrat

cj's dad
08-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Arizona State Senator Linda Lopez (D-29, AZ),

http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/08/senator-clarifies-remark-telling-troops-to-go-f----themselves-says-quote-taken-out-of-context/

Senator Clarifies Remark Telling Troops To ‘Go F--- Themselves’, Says Quote Taken Out Of Context

Senator Linda Lopez (D-29, AZ), a member of the Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, was apparently quoted during the interview as saying “the troops should just go **** themselves.” Lopez continues to claim that her remarks have been “taken out of context” and that she is in fact a huge supporter of the U.S. military.

GaryG
08-22-2012, 11:37 AM
That's a tough one to take out of context... I am sure that the postman can apply the proper left-hand spin though.

GameTheory
08-22-2012, 11:47 AM
The link is busted, but that is a satire site so I don't think it is a real story as all of their other stories seem to be jokes. The Onion for the military...

Dahoss9698
08-22-2012, 12:01 PM
The link is busted, but that is a satire site so I don't think it is a real story as all of their other stories seem to be jokes. The Onion for the military...

I wish you would have waited a bit before raining on the parade. Would have been kind of funny watching people get mad about a satirical article.

For those playing along at home, here is how The Duffel Bag describes itself in their "About Us":

The Duffel Blog serves the men and women of the US Military with a daily dose of military humor, funny military pictures, and faux news. We take an interesting and funny look at military life. We focus on veterans, military stories, defense, politics (sometimes) and life on base — with a comedic twist. We are in no way, shape, or form, a real news outlet. Just about everything on this website is satirical in nature.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Her real quotes are even more ridiculous. She is, after all, the one who immediately pegged Jared Loughner as a Tea Partying, afghan-war veteran. She also made an obvious correlation between beliefs of state Republicans and those of the Taliban.

I liked this one from 2011:

"If this budget gets signed into law, an earthquake and tsunami like what hit Japan will devastate Arizona."

Dahoss9698
08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Her real quotes are even more ridiculous. She is, after all, the one who immediately pegged Jared Loughner as a Tea Partying, afghan-war veteran. She also made an obvious correlation between beliefs of state Republicans and those of the Taliban.

I liked this one from 2011:

"If this budget gets signed into law, and earthquake and tsunami like what hit Japan will devastate Arizona."

Agreed....she's an idiot. But she doesn't need any help in looking like an idiot. She does fine on her own.

johnhannibalsmith
08-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Agreed....she's an idiot. But she doesn't need any help in looking like an idiot. She does fine on her own.

Yeah, I was trying to put a little context into why a military satirist would decide to attribute a quote like that to her. She's ruffled their feathers before and many interpreted some of her comments in much the way the satirist's quote spells it out.

cj's dad
08-22-2012, 12:35 PM
I guess the "Duffel Bag" is off my list. :bang:

Tom
08-22-2012, 12:46 PM
We are in no way, shape, or form, a real news outlet. Just about everything on this website is satirical in nature.

I always thought that was MSNBC! :D

cj's dad
08-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Cut and paste and remove the dashes after the f--- word and put in the actual word and it will work.

Rookies
08-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I always thought that was MSNBC! :D

Or Faux... when they're not wiretapping...:lol: