PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR WED. 8/22

MeSlew
08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Hello All! A fairly average Wednesday racing lineup with 13 races in all on Slew's list:

Woodbine - 1,6
Del Mar - 2,3,5,6,7
Saratoga - 2,3,4,6,9,10

A quick look at the Saratoga card leaves me with the idea that I'll take a shot in the late double.

http://slewsfasthorses.com/website3/2012-08-22.jpg

I usually do not like to hang my hat on NY breds. In fact, many years ago I remember vowing with absolute resolve, while muttering to myself as I stomped around the Spa in utter disgust, that I would forevermore handicap NY bred races as any other...then throw out the picks and only play the leftovers. Maybe that was 10 or more years ago, and maybe someday I'll try it! Maybe. But tomorrow, Slew has a single in race 9 - the 150K Albany Stakes for 3 yr olds foaled in New York, and I'm looking to beat the ML favorite on a number of counts:

Count One: his last win was during the lights out run of Richard Dutrow Jr. at Belmont Park with a 25% win rate.
Count two: his last four races have resulted in wins.
Cont three: Dutrow is firing on one cylinder now, winning at a mortal 10%
Count four: he has never gone the 1 1/8 miles of today's contest

Slew presents as an alternative Zivo, of modest yet notable lineage (French Deputy on top and Quiet American on the bottom) who was a late May foal and who, after a small break at the end of April, has picked it up a bit with 2 consecutive wins. He runs for Chad Brown...of the 28% win club...and what is amazing is that at the premier meet on this side of the pond, he is winning at a single percentage point GREATER than his yearly 27%. As some unspecified car dealer says in cheap commercials run on the capital region (NY State) cable networks...that's H U G E !!!!! Dominguez sticks after the N1x win in the slop on the 29th of July at odds-on and it is important to note that his maiden breaker was run at Belmont in a one turn mile that stopped the clock in 1:35.86. He tired a little in the final quarter and the field has produced no next out winners except for his allowance win at the Spa. I'll take a shot with him anyway.

In the finale, I will use the two Slew horses, Street Dreams and Thus and add the Clement runner Attention who gets blinkers in this 2nd off the layoff try in her Spa debut.
I'm counting on three things to happen:

1 & 2: Some combination of my horses win and

3. Pletcher takes more than the 4-1 money in race 10.

I'll be using my Wednesday off to get the chores done so I can retreat to the Spa on Friday for a great weekend of racing with a clear conscience and a finished honey-do list, and I should be finished in time to make a doubles wager on the 9th and hold my breath. Maybe next time for the NY Bred leftovers!

Whatever you do tomorrow, enjoy the Wednesday racing and as always...good luck and good 'capping!