PDA

View Full Version : Trouble for GOP in Missouri

horses4courses
08-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Senator Claire McCaskill (D) from Missouri, whose seat is regarded as vulnerable in the upcoming election, received a boost when Republican candidate Todd Akin "misspoke" in a recent television interview:

http://www.usnews.com/pubdbimages/image/35497/FE_120820_akin425x283.jpg

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0820/breaking36.html

ArlJim78
08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
this idiot has to step aside.
there is no recovery from such a stupid statement.

Dahoss9698
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Should be interesting to see how the more enlightened members like Boxcar defend this dope.

johnhannibalsmith
08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
I do see a future for him as a Vice President.

dartman51
08-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Insensitive maybe, but NOT wrong.

http://www.christianliferesources.com/article/rape-pregnancies-are-rare-461

Saratoga_Mike
08-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Should be interesting to see how the more enlightened members like Boxcar defend this dope.

I can't see anyone defending this moron, not even Box.

Saratoga_Mike
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Wait, wait, a poster just managed to defend him with an article from 1999 in some Christian publication. Save it Dart. His comments were repugnant. Even if there was science behind what he said, the word "legitimate" in front of rape makes what he said outrageous.

ArlJim78
08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Insensitive maybe, but NOT wrong.

http://www.christianliferesources.com/article/rape-pregnancies-are-rare-461

so you're in agreement with his statement then?

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole
thing down,"

lsbets
08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
He's an idiot, he needs to be encouraged to drop out today.

Saratoga_Mike
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
"...two Senate Republicans have already said Akin should abandon his Senate bid. Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson both called for Akin to resign his Senate nomination. (If he were to do so by Tuesday, Republicans would have a clearer path toward nominating a new candidate.)" nbcnews.com

mostpost
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
He's an idiot, he needs to be encouraged to drop out today.
I'd like to say leave him in, he's just exercising his right to free speech, but that was just too repulsive. So, even though McCaskill would have a poorer chance against another Republican, Akin has got to go. There should be more than two Republican Senators calling for him to withdraw and I suspect there will be.

lsbets
08-20-2012, 02:50 PM
I'd like to say leave him in, he's just exercising his right to free speech, but that was just too repulsive. So, even though McCaskill would have a poorer chance against another Republican, Akin has got to go. There should be more than two Republican Senators calling for him to withdraw and I suspect there will be.

The NRSCC has said it will not spend any money in Missouri if he stays in. Without having every Senator stand up and say he should go, that's as close as it gets. That's their campaign team.

McCaskill wants him to stay in. She ran ads for him in the primary to help him get the nomination.

The unbelievable thing is from what I was just reading, the guy is still a toss up at worst to beat her.

I also saw some groups supporting him, the FRC most vocally.

Reason had a great comment:

Akin, meanwhile, says he "misspoke." Hey, it happens to all of us: You get tongue-tied and invent a new law of biology, insulting millions of women in the process. He probably meant to say "I love puppies" or "Missouri sure is swell." Or possibly "the Sun revolves around the Earth."

http://reason.com/blog/2012/08/20/the-todd-akin-guide-to-female-biology

Tom
08-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Is this comment akin to "She had it coming."

What an idiot.

lsbets
08-20-2012, 08:21 PM
All I've heard all day is Republicans coming out against him and either telling or encouraging him to drop out.

It's a shame that the Dems don't have enough integrity to come out against Reid for his comments, Biden for his racial comments, or Biden (again) for his pretty obvious onset of senility. He no longer has the mental faculties needed to step in if something happens to BO. If the Dems had any integrity they would replace him.

Tom
08-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Problem is, he still has more mental faculties than most dems! :D :rolleyes:

If you want fair and balanced, you have to come to the right - the left NEVER calls their boys out for anything. Goose-stepping and grinning....that is the left.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2012, 08:33 PM
If you want fair and balanced, you have to come to the right - the left NEVER calls their boys out for anything. Goose-stepping and grinning....that is the left.That certainly seems to be the case. If this were a Dem, they'd all be lining up to provide excuses why he should be given a second chance...what a great guy he is...what he's done in his career to help the poor and minorities...blah blah blah...BS BS BS

It's a sad little game really...

bigmack
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
After this dunce bows out, slide some grey person in with a grey suit who looks good against a grey wall. They'll still easily best McCaskill, given this Neanderthal was up by double d's. Claire the loon, is O-U-T, out.

Ocala Mike
08-20-2012, 10:16 PM
So, does this mean that Akin won't be speaking at the GOP convention next week?

:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Claire McCaskill claims Akin's comment "is a window into the Congressman's mind."

Really? That's kind of funny. I hope we apply the same thing to Joe Biden's recent off-the-wall comments, or any others that come down the pike uttered by those with the big "D" next to their name.

Akin had this to say about his comment:

"I made that statement in error. Let me be clear: rape is never legitimate; it's an evil act that's committed by violent predators," Akin said on former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's radio show. "I used the wrong words in the wrong way. What I said was ill-conceived and it was wrong, and for that, I apologize."

I can be fairly certain that he wasn't conveying the meaning that there exists "legitimate" rapes, as in, rapes that were CALLED FOR or are JUSTIFIED.

Does anyone out there seriously believe that is what he meant? Is that the major catalyst behind calls for him stepping down?

I'm not defending his choice of words at all. It was a stupid, terrible, and by all accounts, totally WRONG thing to say. But it's clear to me, at least, that he was trying to distinguish between violent rapes, and another form of rape...statutory rape, especially in instances, for example, between an 18-year-old male and a 17-year-old female (depending on various state laws)...defined as such:

"Sexual activity that violates age-of-consent law, but is neither violent nor physically coerced." (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_rape )

Now I feel rather slimy just making this reply (and I kind of feel like mostpost when he jumps to explain any sort of Dem impropriety), but I feel this has to be said, if indeed Akin is being taken to task because people actually believe the absurd notion that this man actually thinks there are JUSTIFIED (or "legitimate") forms of rape.

mostpost
08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Claire McCaskill claims Akin's comment "is a window into the Congressman's mind."

Really? That's kind of funny. I hope we apply the same thing to Joe Biden's recent off-the-wall comments, or any others that come down the pike uttered by those with the big "D" next to their name.

"I made that statement in error. Let me be clear: rape is never legitimate; it's an evil act that's committed by violent predators," Akin said on former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's radio show. "I used the wrong words in the wrong way. What I said was ill-conceived and it was wrong, and for that, I apologize."

I can be fairly certain that he wasn't conveying the meaning that there exists "legitimate" rapes, as in, rapes that were CALLED FOR or are JUSTIFIED.

Does anyone out there seriously believe that is what he meant? Is that the major catalyst behind calls for him stepping down?

I'm not defending his choice of words at all. It was a stupid, terrible, and by all accounts, totally WRONG thing to say. But it's clear to me, at least, that he was trying to distinguish between violent rapes, and another form of rape...statutory rape, especially in instances, for example, between an 18-year-old male and a 17-year-old female (depending on various state laws)...defined as such:

"Sexual activity that violates age-of-consent law, but is neither violent nor physically coerced." (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_rape )

Now I feel rather slimy just making this reply (and I kind of feel like mostpost when he jumps to explain any sort of Dem impropriety), but I feel this has to be said, if indeed Akin is being taken to task because people actually believe the absurd notion that this man actually thinks there are JUSTIFIED (or "legitimate") forms of rape.

That is exactly what we think he thinks. And your reply here is in no way like mine. Most of your so called Democratic impropriety is just conservative fantasy.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2012, 10:33 PM
That is exactly what we think he thinks.Really? Wow.

Then the man is a sociopath. Do you think he is a sociopath?

And if he is a sociopath, he would know enough NOT to say such a thing if he actually believed it and still wanted to run for office.

I can't believe anyone with a half a brain would actually think Akin believes there are JUSTIFIED forms of rape. Maybe I have more faith in mankind than you do. Maybe I'm naive. But I just don't believe it...

ArlJim78
08-20-2012, 10:38 PM
no the use of "legitimate" is bad enough, and could perhaps be explained away.
but the totally off the wall part of it is how he goes on to explain how the female body handles this type of thing, meaning that they don't get pregnant when it's a legitimate rape.

what on earth is he talking about? this is coo coo for cocoa puffs material.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2012, 10:40 PM
no the use of "legitimate" is bad enough, and could perhaps be explained away.
but the totally off the wall part of it is how he goes on to explain how the female body handles this type of thing, meaning that they don't get pregnant when it's a legitimate rape.

what on earth is he talking about? this is coo coo for cocoa puffs material.I'm not going to even touch that part of what he said.

I just want to focus on the fact that I am apparently the only person on Earth who didn't think he was trying to say certain rapes are JUSTIFIED.

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2012, 11:51 PM
I was just watching the TV show Hotel Hell with renowned Chef Gordon Ramsey. He was chastising a small hotel owner for leaving the front door of the hotel unlocked at night with no porter or security or night watchman on guard, and three registered sex offenders residing in the surrounding community. These were some of his words as he was shouting at the owner (who is also a lawyer and prosecutor in the town):

"...you're not going to walk around this town as a prosecutor and not be responsible for a serious rape that occurs in this hotel."

Now...should we all believe that Gordon Ramsey believes that there are rapes that are NOT serious? Or did he simply phrase his sentence poorly? Use the wrong word?

Come on people...

Not saying this Akin isn't a crack pot with his idea that a woman's body has ways to prevent a pregnancy in the case of a violent rape. But to seriously believe that this man believes that there are LEGITIMATE reasons for committing the felony of rape is absurd.

Because if that's the case, then I guess Chef Gordon Ramsey has similar beliefs and is also a sociopath. How many here would agree with THAT statement?

NJ Stinks
08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Problem is, he still has more mental faculties than most dems! :D :rolleyes:

If you want fair and balanced, you have to come to the right - the left NEVER calls their boys out for anything. Goose-stepping and grinning....that is the left.

That certainly seems to be the case. If this were a Dem, they'd all be lining up to provide excuses why he should be given a second chance...what a great guy he is...what he's done in his career to help the poor and minorities...blah blah blah...BS BS BS

Strike 3 shouts the umpire! :rolleyes:

Minn. Rep. Kerry Gauthier caught with zipper down... literally. Admits to having ‘no strings attached’ sex with 17-year-old boy at rest stop

The Minnesota Democrat posted Craigslist ad trolling for anonymous sex partners. State Democratic leaders are asking him to withdraw from re-election bid in wake of scandal.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/minn-rep-kerry-gauthier-caught-zipper-literally-admits-strings-attached-sex-17-year-old-boy-rest-stop-article-1.1140833#ixzz249JpRYqH

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Minn. Rep. Kerry Gauthier caught with zipper down... literally. Admits to having ‘no strings attached’ sex with 17-year-old boy at rest stop

The Minnesota Democrat posted Craigslist ad trolling for anonymous sex partners. State Democratic leaders are asking him to withdraw from re-election bid in wake of scandal.You're equating nutty RHETORIC (ie. WORDS) about RAPE with this actual ACT?!?! (In Minnesota, if the actor is in a position of authority, the age of consent is 18). source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Minnesota

Although for some reason, the article says he wasn't charged because the age of consent is 16...which the wiki page also identifies correctly, but adds the "position of authority" clause, so either he's getting special treatment, or the wiki page is wrong, or for some reason, he's not considered a "position of authority," although I really can't fathom why...

Holy Moly! If you're going to give an example, please try and make it at least in the same galaxy...

Greyfox
08-21-2012, 12:26 AM

Excellent analysis. :ThmbUp:

No reason to feel slimy.
However he may have committed Harikari with respect to his political hopes.

dartman51
08-21-2012, 12:32 AM
so you're in agreement with his statement then?

Absolutely NOT. I was just pointing that his comment about pregnancies in rape victims is rare, was true. But he's still an idiot for making the comment. :ThmbUp:

GameTheory
08-21-2012, 12:35 AM
He obviously meant legitimate rape as in "forcible" rape rather than all the other things that we call rape these days (like consensual statutory rape). The use of the word "legitimate" was stupid, but that's not even the offensive part of the comment.

If you really believe he was trying to make a case for *justified* rape, you are dumber than he is.

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2012, 12:37 AM
He obviously meant legitimate rape as in "forcible" rape rather than all the other things that we call rape these days (like consensual statutory rape). The use of the word "legitimate" was stupid, but that's not even the offensive part of the comment.

If you really believe he was trying to make a case for *justified* rape, you are dumber than he is.I should hire you as my staff writer...you could have saved me so much typing...

lsbets
08-21-2012, 12:38 AM
If you really believe he was trying to make a case for *justified* rape, you are dumber than he is.

Well, mosty thinks that, so it appears your assessment is correct.

GameTheory
08-21-2012, 12:46 AM
And for those of you that really can't follow the Congressman's logic (which I do NOT agree with, just to be clear), what he is trying to do is say that:

A) Pregnancies from rape don't happen.

B) And so, when haggling about abortion restrictions, no exemption needs to be given for cases of rape because of A.

C) Therefore, us pro-lifers can now remove the idea of rape exemptions from the bargaining table and accuse pro-choices of constantly beating the drum about a false issue. Again, see A.

Nowhere in his (stupid) mind is there even a concept of justified rape -- he is simply distinguishing it between violent rape and consensual statutory rape and "oh I regret sleeping with that guy so I'll call it rape" rape.

mostpost
08-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Absolutely NOT. I was just pointing that his comment about pregnancies in rape victims is rare, was true. But he's still an idiot for making the comment. :ThmbUp:
32,101 a year is not rare. That figure is from the National Institutes of Health, not some nut case doctor published on a religious right website. Akin's statement is not true, neither in his belief that these cases are rare nor in his assertion that there is a magical way women can prevent conception.

Whether he thinks or doesn't think that there are degrees of rape is not relevant. The fact that he believes a woman should not have the chance to end a pregnancy resulting from rape is very relevant and it would be relevant if there were only one such case.

dartman51
08-21-2012, 01:00 AM
32,101 a year is not rare. That figure is from the National Institutes of Health, not some nut case doctor published on a religious right website. Akin's statement is not true, neither in his belief that these cases are rare nor in his assertion that there is a magical way women can prevent conception.

Whether he thinks or doesn't think that there are degrees of rape is not relevant. The fact that he believes a woman should not have the chance to end a pregnancy resulting from rape is very relevant and it would be relevant if there were only one such case.

From the SAME web site: The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45). In other words, 95%, DON'T wind up pregnant.

Just for the record, I am in favor of abortion, in the case of rape. :ThmbUp:

mostpost
08-21-2012, 01:11 AM
And for those of you that really can't follow the Congressman's logic (which I do NOT agree with, just to be clear), what he is trying to do is say that:

A) Pregnancies from rape don't happen.
Except for the 32,101 times a year they do happen.

B) And so, when haggling about abortion restrictions, no exemption needs to be given for cases of rape because of A.
If A is wrong then B must be wrong.

C) Therefore, us pro-lifers can now remove the idea of rape exemptions from the bargaining table and accuse pro-choices of constantly beating the drum about a false issue. Again, see A.
Sorry, you can't.

Nowhere in his (stupid) mind is there even a concept of justified rape -- he is simply distinguishing it between violent rape and consensual statutory rape and "oh I regret sleeping with that guy so I'll call it rape" rape.
What is in his mind is something you can not know. I think justified is not the right word here.
What Akin is saying (wrongly) is that the woman's body reacts to rape by producing a magical secretion which prevent her from becoming pregnant. In his mind, if the woman does not produce that secretion, it means she wanted to engage in coitus with her "attacker." Thus, her being pregnant is proof it was not rape.

"It's not that there is justified or unjustified rape. It is either rape or not rape. The proof is in pregnant or not pregnant." Though not his words, that is the opinion of Todd Akin.

GameTheory
08-21-2012, 01:19 AM
What is in his mind is something you can not know. I think justified is not the right word here.
What Akin is saying (wrongly) is that the woman's body reacts to rape by producing a magical secretion which prevent her from becoming pregnant. In his mind, if the woman does not produce that secretion, it means she wanted to engage in coitus with her "attacker." Thus, her being pregnant is proof it was not rape.

"It's not that there is justified or unjustified rape. It is either rape or not rape. The proof is in pregnant or not pregnant." Though not his words, that is the opinion of Todd Akin.Yep, I actually think you are right about that and is in fact the foundation upon which my explanation rests. (i.e. therefore we don't need rape exemptions...) But still, his use of the word "legitimate" is still about consensual sex vs forcible sex and he isn't trying to say there is such a thing as "she had it coming rape", e.g. that he has a category for "forcible rape that is nevertheless ok". He's twisted, but not that twisted.

NJ Stinks
08-21-2012, 01:22 AM
You're equating nutty RHETORIC (ie. WORDS) about RAPE with this actual ACT?!?! (In Minnesota, if the actor is in a position of authority, the age of consent is 18). source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Minnesota

Although for some reason, the article says he wasn't charged because the age of consent is 16...which the wiki page also identifies correctly, but adds the "position of authority" clause, so either he's getting special treatment, or the wiki page is wrong, or for some reason, he's not considered a "position of authority," although I really can't fathom why...

Holy Moly! If you're going to give an example, please try and make it at least in the same galaxy...

I'm not equating anything. Tommy just got done saying the Dems "NEVER calls their boys out for anything" and you agreed saying "That certainly seems to be the case."

Within hours of your posts Dems were calling somebody out to resign. :eek: :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2012, 01:25 AM
What Akin is saying (wrongly) is that the woman's body reacts to rape by producing a magical secretion which prevent her from becoming pregnant. In his mind, if the woman does not produce that secretion, it means she wanted to engage in coitus with her "attacker." Thus, her being pregnant is proof it was not rape. He never said such a thing. You are taking things that were said by others YEARS ago and applying it to Akin.

The man deserves all the criticism he gets for his own words...there is no need to stick more in his mouth from others.

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm not equating anything. Tommy just got done saying the Dems "NEVER calls their boys out for anything" and you agreed saying "That certainly seems to be the case."

Within hours of your posts Dems were calling somebody out to resign. :eek: :rolleyes:Yeah, but only because they basically have no choice. The man committed an act that borders on statutory rape in Minnesota (if indeed the age of consent is 18 for an "actor in a position of authority.")

A far cry from a guy pontificating nonsense on a talk radio show.

GameTheory
08-21-2012, 01:29 AM
He never said such a thing. You are taking things that were said by others YEARS ago and applying it to Akin.

The man deserves all the criticism he gets for his own words...there is no need to stick more in his mouth from others.He probably doesn't really believe in a magical secretion (more likely the lack of one), but the logic does hold. He thinks rape pregnancies don't happen, so it must follow that if a pregnancy did occur then rape did not. I think that's fair.

newtothegame
08-21-2012, 05:14 AM

"It's not that there is justified or unjustified rape. It is either rape or not rape. The proof is in pregnant or not pregnant." Though not his words, that is the opinion of Todd Akin.
you are soo funny mosty!!! lol.
On one hand you say that game can NOT know what is in his (Akins) mind, then you turn around and say "though not his words, that is the opinion of Todd Akin"...As if YOU know what is in his mind but no one else can lol...
priceless!

rastajenk
08-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Does Whoopi still have a job, after trying to distinguish between some other kind of rape and "rape rape?"

Maybe legitimate rape is closely akin to rape rape.

Dahoss9698
08-21-2012, 10:37 AM
That certainly seems to be the case. If this were a Dem, they'd all be lining up to provide excuses why he should be given a second chance...what a great guy he is...what he's done in his career to help the poor and minorities...blah blah blah...BS BS BS

It is a sad game, but you're a smarter guy than this. I'm actually impressed no one has defended this scum here or elsewhere, although Boxcar hasn't responded so I still have hope.

Here's what would have happened if this was said by a Democrat. One of the usuals here would have posted a thread about how "this is how a liberal thinks" or "The mind of a liberal".

Seems pretty fair. :rolleyes:

mostpost
08-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but only because they basically have no choice. The man committed an act that borders on statutory rape in Minnesota (if indeed the age of consent is 18 for an "actor in a position of authority.")

A far cry from a guy pontificating nonsense on a talk radio show.
First let me state that I am speaking from a legal not moral perspective here.
When you talk about an "actor in a position of authority" you are referring to someone who by virtue of their position has control over someone; a teacher, a police officer, a supervisor on a job, etc. Gautier as a state legislator would have authority over those who worked for him in the state house or as pages. In those cases the 18 year age would apply.

I am pretty sure that Gautier did not identify himself as a state of Minnesota representative and I am pretty sure that the seventeen year old did not know who Gautier was. Also he came (no pun intended) voluntarily with full knowledge of what was to occur. Therefore I think the age of consent of 16 would apply here.

So you can't charge Gautier with statutory rape or contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Since no money changed hands, you can't charge him with patronizing a prostitute. Could you charge Gautier with public indecency?
The story is not clear as to whether there was a witness or witnesses to the actions behind the pavilion. It only says that the trooper found Gautier behind the pavilion with his pants unzipped.

As to whether Gautier should drop out of the race. Yes, he should, and Democratic leaders in Minnesota are urging him to do so,
The funny thing (not really) is in both Minnesota and Missouri, this hurts the Democrats. In Minnesota, the time to replace the nominee has passed and democrats would have to write in the new candidates name. In Missouri, that time is near but has not yet passed. Republicans have time to name a new nominee and that nominee would have more support than Akin, especially after his faux pas.

PaceAdvantage
08-21-2012, 09:37 PM
A state legislator is a "MAKER OF LAWS" as was mentioned by cj's dad in another thread. How is that not a position of authority over everyone in the state?

Conceivable (but admittedly unlikely), this man COULD pass a law that negatively affects this young man either now or in the future. Sounds like authority to me...

horses4courses
08-21-2012, 09:59 PM
In defiance of party officials' calls to resign, Akin vowed to continue his campaign today. Along with GOP officials in Missouri, Mitt Romney has called for Akin to step aside. So far, the Tea Party-backed conservative is sticking to his guns.
The man must really be delusional......

Tom
08-21-2012, 10:24 PM
In defiance of party officials' calls to resign, Akin vowed to continue his campaign today. Along with GOP officials in Missouri, Mitt Romney has called for Akin to step aside. So far, the Tea Party-backed conservative is sticking to his guns.
The man must really be delusional......

As delusional as the dem child molester?

Of the two of them, which do you think did the worse thing?
Have any dem officials called for a resignation yet?

Tom
08-21-2012, 10:25 PM
mostie now spins child molesting to be OK.

Nice.

ArlJim78
08-21-2012, 10:27 PM
the tea party express is calling for Akin to step down, Sarah Palin backed his opponent. yeah that's some strong tea party backing.:rolleyes:

horses4courses
08-21-2012, 10:34 PM
As delusional as the dem child molester?

Of the two of them, which do you think did the worse thing?
Have any dem officials called for a resignation yet?

Aww, Tom, I never knew you cared about my opinion.
I'm deeply moved......

As things appear right now, neither man should be in public office.
Don't ya think?

Tom
08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
I have posted against both of them.
You don't see a difference in the two events?

horses4courses
08-21-2012, 10:45 PM
I have posted against both of them.
You don't see a difference in the two events?

I certainly would not defend Gauthier, if that's where you're heading.

delayjf
08-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Conceivable (but admittedly unlikely), this man COULD pass a law that negatively affects this young man either now or in the future. Sounds like authority to me...

Not to mention the powerful friends he could call upon to do whatever.

bigmack
08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Take the Comb Over King (Clay? Aikin) into short right field and strap in S. Steelman. Sarah, if you will.

I, a big fan of her and 'hers' and she, clearly a big fan of mine as evidenced by her recently worn supportive sticker for my LJ Windandsea Mayoral effort. Failed, as it was.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9633-1.jpg

TJDave
08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
In Missouri, the show me State...

How did she not win the nomination?

She must have conducted her campaign in the dark.

Rookies
08-22-2012, 07:46 AM
He probably doesn't really believe in a magical secretion (more likely the lack of one), but the logic does hold. He thinks rape pregnancies don't happen, so it must follow that if a pregnancy did occur then rape did not. I think that's fair.

Actually, I think that's closest to the convoluted and idiotic thinking that went through that pea brain of his.

Why?

Because, he feels he needs to uphold his Pro Life position to the nth, there being NO exemptions whatsoever. This position squares with a good hunk of the Pro Life movement, including- no doubt, some members here. But definitely NOT with the vast majority of the population.

So, he was trying to pose a new spin to a very old question and it came up snake eyes. And it is yet another albatross for Romney, day after day, until someone takes him behind closed doors to turn on the 5 watt bulb...

Begone fool.

ArlJim78
08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
I just realized this morning that this Akin fellow currently sits on the House Science committee. wow.

Tom
08-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I just realized this morning that this Akin fellow currently sits on the House Science committee. wow.

OMG.......that is funny.

But advice to the rinos, if yo make abortion an issue, you will only abort any shot you have of winning anything.

Wise up you idiots......it is jobs, jobs, jobs......nothing else should ever cross your lips.

Ocala Mike
08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
But advice to the rinos, if yo make abortion an issue, you will only abort any shot you have of winning anything.

Wise up you idiots......it is jobs, jobs, jobs......nothing else should ever cross your lips.

Absolutely agree with this. They are letting the Obama forces dictate the rules of engagement. This is a recipe for defeat in November, maybe extending to beyond the top slot.

Tom
08-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Obama is a sitting duck and Romney wants to argue what ammo to use.
There is no way a pathetic fool like Obama should win this.

Hopefully, the Obama documentary will do as well nationwide as is it is doing in NYC.

NJ Stinks
08-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Obama is a sitting duck and Romney wants to argue what ammo to use.
There is no way a pathetic fool like Obama should win this.

Just wanted to note that I disagree. Completely.

I won't note this often because you repeat yourself so often. :sleeping:

mostpost
08-22-2012, 11:37 PM
mostie now spins child molesting to be OK.

Nice.
If you think that you are beyond an idiot. I know nuance is totally beyond you, but I merely pointed out that according to Minnesota law, the seventeen year old was over the age of consent. Apparently the investigating officers and the prosecutors agreed with me.

mostpost
08-22-2012, 11:46 PM
A state legislator is a "MAKER OF LAWS" as was mentioned by cj's dad in another thread. How is that not a position of authority over everyone in the state?

That makes sense if Gautier identified himself either in his Craigslist post or in person. Do you really think that happened. Obviously this applies only in this situation. Had this happened in conjunction with Gautier's position as state representative he would be legally at fault.

Could you possibly post a response with more qualifiers, ifs and maybes? Was this really meant as a serious response? :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Could you possibly post a response with more qualifiers, ifs and maybes? Was this really meant as a serious response? :rolleyes:This is very much like the pot calling the kettle bi-racial, don't you think? :lol:

I've seen quite a number of posts from you where you defend your favorite politician of the moment that contained qualifiers, ifs, BUTS and maybes...heal thyself doctor.

JustRalph
08-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Gautier is dropping out via the latest news.........not running for Re-election.

I keep hearing this 32k rape victims getting pregnant every year?

In 2008 the FBI says there were 89k Rapes reported in the U.S.

Is that 32k number in the U.S. or all over the world?

I can't believe that the hit rate is that high ..........who knows.........

Tom
08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Akin down 10 pts today.......polling numbers fast approaching his IQ.

Grits
08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Akin down 10 pts today.......polling numbers fast approaching his IQ.

Tom, you got that right. Dumber than a sock. What a fool.:faint:

mostpost
08-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Gautier is dropping out via the latest news.........not running for Re-election.

I keep hearing this 32k rape victims getting pregnant every year?

In 2008 the FBI says there were 89k Rapes reported in the U.S.

Is that 32k number in the U.S. or all over the world?

I can't believe that the hit rate is that high ..........who knows.........

Here is where I got the 32K figure.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8765248

But it also says that 5% of rapes result in pregnancy. I would think the NIH has accurate statistics. I would think the FBI has accurate statistics. Maybe the discrepancy has to do with reported rapes vs. unreported rapes, but I don't know. :confused:

lsbets
08-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Here is where I got the 32K figure.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8765248

But it also says that 5% of rapes result in pregnancy. I would think the NIH has accurate statistics. I would think the FBI has accurate statistics. Maybe the discrepancy has to do with reported rapes vs. unreported rapes, but I don't know. :confused:

From your link mosty:

A national probability sample of 4008 adult American women took part in a 3-year longitudinal survey that assessed the prevalence and incidence of rape and related physical and mental health outcomes.

So either the actual rate of rape is much higher than the FBI knows, or the guess work from interviewing 4008 women was way off. My gut tells me the study you cited is not very reliable, you know, like almost all of your sources.

bigmack
08-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Maybe the discrepancy has to do with reported rapes vs. unreported rapes, but I don't know. :confused:
Yeah, that's prolly it.

---

Say. How's come Maddow, Schultzie, BashIr, and Larry O are going INSANE over the Akin caper? I mean they's losin' it. Going on, and on and on.

That entire 'network' is a complete joke. Larry STARTS his show with clips of THE OTHER SHOWS! What a riot. Larry O'Donn looks more psychotic by the day. With that creepy grin at the top of the show. Look at him though. He be married to that number from Albert Brooks - Modern Romance. "I love my record collection"

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/7544-9049.gif

The things they talk about over there are so far removed from the discourse in places like North Rivaside, it's laughable. Yet, you buy into that NY fed, "War on Women" crap. What a vacant ship you sail with.