PDA

View Full Version : HOU not cancelled tonite ...

BillW
01-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Equibase has Sammy listed as cancelled tonite after race 5 due to power failure. Unless they are psychic, they will run tonite (including the $100,000 Maxxam Gold cup and the Sprint and Distaff)

The cancellation occured last night (1/16) and as far as I know will not affect tonites card.

Bill

Tom
01-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BillW
Equibase has Sammy listed as cancelled tonite after race 5 due to power failure. Unless they are psychic, they will run tonite (including the $100,000 Maxxam Gold cup and the Sprint and Distaff)

The cancellation occured last night (1/16) and as far as I know will not affect tonites card.

Bill

Does Magna have interests in the electric companies in Texas??:rolleyes:
Maybe this is round 2 in Frankies attempts to destroy racing!

ceejay
01-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BillW

Bill

sloppy down there?

so.cal.fan
01-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Just got a call from my son. he is in Houston. Will be at Shammy tonight. He said it is overcast and raining, so......it probably will be sloppy.
If anyone down there has an update, I'd like to know.
Thanks

BillW
01-17-2004, 03:31 PM
It is clearing up here about 50 miles south (slowly ... to a partly cloudy condition) . Humidity is staying high, near 100% and about 70 degrees. Don't expect much drying as the forcast is saying partly cloudy w/scattered storms.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USTX0618?from=search_city

The track is right beneath the tail of the "u" in "Houston" on the map.

Bill

BillW
01-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ceejay
sloppy down there?

ceejay,

Definitely. Power went out in the rain last night, although I have no idea whether that was the cause or not. We had lot's of rain last night but has been quiet today. Humidity remains high.

Bill

so.cal.fan
01-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks, Bill
I hope my son gets to meet up with my buddy in the paddock tonight, and I hope it isn't raining!
There is a two hour time difference to the west coast?