PDA

View Full Version : NYRA web delay

misscashalot
08-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Why would the NYRA on their WEB odds and pools board be 2 minutes behind the actual numbers? That's not fan friendly.

Mr G
08-18-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't realize it for some time that the pools , odds and video etc was a good two minutes behind the live race....I once was wagering through my NYRewards account and for the hell of it put on my TV and my local cable company carries the NYRA races and what I see on the TV is the same I see on my NYRA Rewards account video....

But to my surprise, the horses take off on TV and I am still seeing online just being loaded into the starting gate....while the wagering online got cut off the pools, odds and the actual race are a good two minutes behind what is taking place live....

On TV the horses cross the finish line and I know the results but if I look at my NYRA video while logged into my wagering account the horses on their video are just leaving the gate....

I'm not sure if what I just said is what you are referring to but I often wondered why when I see online video the horses just starting to be loaded into the starting gate and I go to make a wager it usually will come back...."All wagering for race such and such is now closed"

No wonder, as I am seeing the horses being loaded into the gate on the online video but the race is actually in the process of being run or even over with on TV.

Storm Cadet
08-19-2012, 09:47 AM
My delay is only a couple of seconds between my NYRA 1 account feed and TV feed...not a big deal for me.