PDA

View Full Version : Progressive settlement

Actor
08-18-2012, 01:57 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-progressive-settlement-0818-20120817,0,7457316.story

I have a Progressive policy. In light of this story I'm wondering if I should change companies. I'd hate for them to treat me that way. Or is Progressive's behavior just SOP for insurance companies? Would switching companies be pointless?

JustRalph
08-18-2012, 04:13 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-progressive-settlement-0818-20120817,0,7457316.story

I have a Progressive policy. In light of this story I'm wondering if I should change companies. I'd hate for them to treat me that way. Or is Progressive's behavior just SOP for insurance companies? Would switching companies be pointless?

If they were mine, i would change right after calling them and telling them i was going to.

This is not an isolated incident with this company. I have friends who work for them, they have told me a couple of worse stories.

HUSKER55
08-20-2012, 02:19 AM
WAIT TILL YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH STATE FARM.

Actor
08-20-2012, 02:39 AM
I've had my car insurance with the same company for 44 years. Unfortunately they stopped writing insurance on motorcycles and suggested I go to Progressive for motorcycle insurance.

Valuist
08-20-2012, 10:06 AM
I've had my car insurance with the same company for 44 years. Unfortunately they stopped writing insurance on motorcycles and suggested I go to Progressive for motorcycle insurance.

GEICO offers motorcycle insurance.

Actor
08-20-2012, 07:46 PM
GEICO offers motorcycle insurance.I thought of GEICO. But GEICO's pitch is the same as Progressive's, they're cheap. I don't find insurance in general to be egregiously overpriced. I'm more interested in the best service should I ever need them. Right now I don't think either Progressive or GEICO offer that.

There's this commercial with the Gecko walking down the tunnel asking "If people could save money by making one phone call, why wouldn't they make that call?" My answer is "You get what you pay for. What corners are you cutting?"

Valuist
08-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I thought of GEICO. But GEICO's pitch is the same as Progressive's, they're cheap. I don't find insurance in general to be egregiously overpriced. I'm more interested in the best service should I ever need them. Right now I don't think either Progressive or GEICO offer that.

There's this commercial with the Gecko walking down the tunnel asking "If people could save money by making one phone call, why wouldn't they make that call?" My answer is "You get what you pay for. What corners are you cutting?"

Maybe that's true about Progressive. I've never had a problem with GEICO.

I don't think there's a huge difference in motorcycle premiums.

bigmack
08-20-2012, 08:02 PM
The Chairman of Progressive Insurance, Peter Lewis, gives millions to 'Progressive' entities, including my favorite, MediaMatters.org.

In their offices they have women wearing Birkenstocks who don't shave their legs or underarms. Mmmmm. I want in. :p

Tom
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
In their offices they have women wearing Birkenstocks who don't shave their legs or underarms. Mmmmm. I want in. :p

OMG.....Mac, say it ain't so!