PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR FRI. 8/17

MeSlew
08-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Hello all! Slew has seventeen races on tap for tomorrow but four at Saratoga are the focus of this post. Lets begin with the pick 3 starting with race # 2.

http://slewsfasthorses.com/website3/2012-08-17.jpg

Peace Preserver, in for Pletcher comes out of a "3" race for Slew on the 4th of July at Monmouth Park. That Alw n1X was won by a neck in 1:33 and 3/5 and set up a very good run in the Desert Vixen where she was steadied repeatedly and still barely lost by a 1/2 length. She gets the King of Saratoga, Ramon Dominguez in his first ride at the Spa for the other King of Saratoga...Mr. Pletcher. The fly in the ointment will be the "other" Pletcher horse, Ciao Bella who is the ML favorite and has JR in the irons.

Race # 3 has two horses on Slew's radar, one of which will be a scratch if the race stays on the turf, which will leave Chat Me Up as the Slew single. The race of note was not her last one which is a throw out, but the one on July 12th, after which she trained well and I am hoping this filly can find some speed for herself in a less than stellar field and lay a bit closer than has been her habit. This will be her 3rd race for her new trainer Schettino and maybe he has talked some sense into her.

Race 4 will make or break the pick 3 with a single at 8-1 on the ML. Now I realize that Elusive Rumor is in a bit deep with both Gitchie Goomie (Alan Garcia) and Hessonite (Ramon Dominguez) in the same race and both having truly outstanding summers. But the race on Slew's radar, while the time doesn't look terrific, shows the last 3 splits of 24.05,22,47 and 5.87 for the last 16th. That is some good acceleration and if I can figure out how to get that far in the pick 3, I'm hoping that an upset will set up my bankroll for Travers weekend.

Finally, the key horse for the day is Ave's Halo. Now the race that turned the key was back on May 28th and sure enough, next out she broke her maiden. She has been chasing some fairly quick fractions in her turf starts and it seems that the only horse in the field that can set those kind of times would be the rail horse with guess who...Dominguez in the saddle.

I'll take a shot with her against the quick turn-around for Bruce Brown (5%) and Subtle and hope that Linda Rice (8%) can notch a win here. But if Subtle looks good, I'll hedge and box the exacta as well.

So those are a few horses on Slew's radar for tomorrow and with a rare Friday off, I will be an interested participant...to say the least.

Enjoy the Friday racing as I will and as always...good luck and good 'capping!

lamboguy
08-17-2012, 03:05 AM
great report

MeSlew
08-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank you. Now...if the horses can read...

MeSlew
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
So, while not much else could have gone wrong, it matters not.

My homework for tonight is to write on the blackboard 500 times...without making the chalk squeak...

I will not break the first rule of racing...respect the biggest class drop of all

I will not break the first rule of racing...respect the biggest class drop of all...