PDA

View Full Version : Best Intrade play

Valuist
08-15-2012, 05:41 PM
That the US will go into a recession in 2013 at 32%.

I would put the number at about 75% and even a Romney-Ryan win won't stop it.

elysiantraveller
08-15-2012, 06:51 PM
I would agree.

A Greek exit from the Eurozone is looking more and more likely. That would be my first "correction domino" but I'm not sure that is going to be put off till 2013.

lamboguy
08-15-2012, 07:07 PM
silver is sitting at $28 per ounce now, i highly doubt the downside is $26 now. i would thing silver has a big chance to make it to $35 and probably $40 by year end.

the thing about silver these days are that the holders of the stuff are tight holders. the downside is that there is plenty of silver sitting above ground right now and there is a likely recession coming that would take away the manufacturing demand for the stuff. but it is still an investment metal, and currently it is 58 ounces of silver to 1 ounce of gold. that ratio has been below 30 in prior times.

Valuist
08-15-2012, 07:26 PM
silver is sitting at $28 per ounce now, i highly doubt the downside is $26 now. i would thing silver has a big chance to make it to $35 and probably $40 by year end.

the thing about silver these days are that the holders of the stuff are tight holders. the downside is that there is plenty of silver sitting above ground right now and there is a likely recession coming that would take away the manufacturing demand for the stuff. but it is still an investment metal, and currently it is 58 ounces of silver to 1 ounce of gold. that ratio has been below 30 in prior times.

I've heard there's less than 10 years' supply of silver in the earth. At some point down the road its going to be going a LOT higher. Silver shortages aren't gonna be good for the solar industry; not that it needs other issues.

lamboguy
08-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I've heard there's less than 10 years' supply of silver in the earth. At some point down the road its going to be going a LOT higher. Silver shortages aren't gonna be good for the solar industry; not that it needs other issues.
silver is a very small market, there is more above ground than there ever has been. sales of silver eagles by the united states mint are way down. there are hardly any hedge funds and institutions that own silver. there are very large commercial shorts in silver now. everything points to silver prices going down, that is precisely why i think its going up big.