PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden in Virginia

GaryG
08-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Recalling Obama's chitlin speech in which he told Virginia blacks to wake up cousin Pooky and make sure he votes....

Uncle Joe now tells a black crowd in Danville that Romney's economic policies would "Put y'all back in chains"....

ArlJim78
08-14-2012, 05:51 PM
so in the past week they've warned voters that people will either die, get cancer, or be enslaved should Republicans win in November.

Wasn't it the president in Tucson saything that we should treat each other with respect and civility?

it won't cause any uproar though. It's just Joe being Joe. nobody expects much out of the guy other than a good laugh.
Can you imagine the outrage if Romney or Ryan had said something like that?

NJ Stinks
08-14-2012, 06:12 PM
so in the past week they've warned voters that people will either die, get cancer, or be enslaved should Republicans win in November.

Wasn't it the president in Tucson saything that we should treat each other with respect and civility?

it won't cause any uproar though. It's just Joe being Joe. nobody expects much out of the guy other than a good laugh.
Can you imagine the outrage if Romney or Ryan had said something like that?

Well, the Washington Post website wrote about it today so I guess the MSM isn't ignoring what Biden said.

Biden: Romney’s approach to financial regulation will ‘put y’all back in chains’

Posted by Sean Sullivan on August 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Campaigning in southern Virginia on Tuesday, Vice President Biden told an audience that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s approach to regulating the financial industry will “put y’all back in chains.”

“Look at their budget and what they’re proposing,” Biden said. (Romney’s vice presidential running mate is House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan.) “Romney wants to let the — he said in the first hundred days he is going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They are going to put y’all back in chains.”

Romney has said that if he is elected, he will work to repeal the Dodd-Frank financial regulatory bill (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/08/10/romney-vows-to-repeal-dodd-frank-the-laws-biggest-critics-doubt-that-will-happen/) singed into law by President Obama in 2010.

Biden was in Danville kicking off a two-day tour of southern and southwestern Virginia, where he spoke at The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/08/14/biden-romneys-approach-to-financial-regulation-will-put-you-all-back-in-chains/?hpid=z2

Link:

TJDave
08-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Dumb cracker.

It's "all y'all"

Bill Clinton wouldn't have made that mistake.

tbwinner
08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/08/14/cutter_on_bidens_chain_comment_we_have_no_problem_ with_those_comments.html

Loose leash on the VP.

Valuist
08-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, the Washington Post website wrote about it today so I guess the MSM isn't ignoring what Biden said.

Biden: Romney’s approach to financial regulation will ‘put y’all back in chains’

Posted by Sean Sullivan on August 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Campaigning in southern Virginia on Tuesday, Vice President Biden told an audience that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s approach to regulating the financial industry will “put y’all back in chains.”

“Look at their budget and what they’re proposing,” Biden said. (Romney’s vice presidential running mate is House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan.) “Romney wants to let the — he said in the first hundred days he is going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They are going to put y’all back in chains.”

Romney has said that if he is elected, he will work to repeal the Dodd-Frank financial regulatory bill (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/08/10/romney-vows-to-repeal-dodd-frank-the-laws-biggest-critics-doubt-that-will-happen/) singed into law by President Obama in 2010.

Biden was in Danville kicking off a two-day tour of southern and southwestern Virginia, where he spoke at The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/08/14/biden-romneys-approach-to-financial-regulation-will-put-you-all-back-in-chains/?hpid=z2

Link:

Dodd-Frank did nothing to stop too big to fail. Getting Glass-Steagel back on the books is the right course of action.

ElKabong
08-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Dodd-Frank did nothing to stop too big to fail. Getting Glass-Steagel back on the books is the right course of action.

AMEN

ArlJim78
08-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Rudy goes there, says what everyone knows but dare not say;:lol:

Giuliani jabbed at Biden on Tuesday’s broadcast of CNBC’s “The Kudlow Report,” saying that the remarks would have been cause for excitement if they were made by a mentally capable politician.

“I think if it came from somebody serious, maybe we would get all excited about it,” Giuliani said.

“But I think the vice president of the United States has become a laugh line on late night television. I mean — I have never seen a vice president that has made as many mistakes, said as many stupid things. I mean, there’s a real fear if, God forbid, he ever had to be entrusted with the presidency, whether he really has the mental capacity to handle it.”

“I mean, this guy just isn’t bright. He’s never been bright. He isn’t bright. People think well, he just talks a little bit too much. Actually, he’s just not very smart.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/14/rudy-giuliani-biden-lacks-mental-capacity-to-hold-office/#ixzz23a48z2ld

NJ Stinks
08-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Rudy goes there, says what everyone knows but dare not say;:lol:

Yea, unlike Joe, Rudy is a really bright guy. Here's one his magic moments:

"Hello, dear. I'm talking to the members of the N.R.A. right now. Would you like to say hello? I love you, and I'll give you a call as soon as I'm finished, O.K.? O.K., have a safe trip. Bye-bye. Talk to you later, dear. I love you." --answering a cell phone call from his wife during the middle of a speech to the NRA.

Tom
08-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Unlike Biden, Rudy at least knew who he was talking to!
You put that remark up against the stuff that MORON Biden has said?
The only thing more pathetic than a MORON like Biden is someone trying to defend his stupidity. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And YOU think Palin was unqualified! :lol: :lol:

Valuist
08-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Right now this is what Obama has to be saying to Biden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHxFS9PiYM

JustRalph
08-15-2012, 02:44 AM
Joe Biden speech writers up late trying to decipher Biden notes blaming Romney for Kizzie, Chicken George and Levar Burton losing his sight

Tom
08-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Biden also announced he was in North Carolina yesterday.....in Virginia! :lol:

Saratoga_Mike
08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
[/left]

Yea, unlike Joe, Rudy is a really bright guy. Here's one his magic moments:

"Hello, dear. I'm talking to the members of the N.R.A. right now. Would you like to say hello? I love you, and I'll give you a call as soon as I'm finished, O.K.? O.K., have a safe trip. Bye-bye. Talk to you later, dear. I love you." --answering a cell phone call from his wife during the middle of a speech to the NRA.

This is the best you can come up with? It was a funny moment that made Rudy seem endearing, a quality that typically eluded him throughout his campaign. You want to equate it with some disgusting racist-tinged rant?

johnhannibalsmith
08-15-2012, 11:03 AM
This is the best you can come up with? It was a funny moment that made Rudy seem endearing, a quality that typically eluded him throughout his campaign. You want to equate it with some disgusting racist-tinged rant?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that failed to see anything in that text that seemed inflammatory or moronic.

Tom
08-15-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that failed to see anything in that text that seemed inflammatory or moronic.\

....other than the intent of it being posted? :D

ArlJim78
08-15-2012, 03:57 PM
yesterday he didn't know he was in Virginia, today he didn't know that we are in the 21st century.

he needs to be sitting in a rocker on a porch somewhere, yelling at kids to stay off his lawn.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM

Yea, you're right. Rudy had a clever and endearing moment. :rolleyes:

If it was a "disgusting racist-tinged rant", people everywhere will be appalled and many will switch their votes to Romney. If it was a poor choice of words, it won't mean a damn thing.

I'm thinking poor choice of words. How about you?

Saratoga_Mike
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Yea, you're right. Rudy had a clever and endearing moment. :rolleyes:

If it was a "disgusting racist-tinged rant", people everywhere will be appalled and many will switch their votes to Romney. If it was a poor choice of words, it won't mean a damn thing.
I'm thinking poor choice of words. How about you?

Did you give George Allen a pass in 2006 when he used vulgar racist language, too? I didn't. I actually donated money to Jim Webb a week later. You're far too partisan to see anything for what it is.

And no people won't change their votes, b/c it's just good ol' dumb Joe Biden, so it's an ignored story. Dumb Joe can say just about anything (and he has), and nothing is reported.

Frankly your Rudy line was just stupid and off-point. Sorry.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Did you give George Allen a pass in 2006 when he used vulgar racist language, too? I didn't. I actually donated money to Jim Webb a week later. You're far too partisan to see anything for what it is.

And no people won't change their votes, b/c it's just good ol' dumb Joe Biden, so it's an ignored story. Dumb Joe can say just about anything (and he has), and nothing is reported.

Frankly your Rudy line was just stupid and off-point. Sorry.

I didn't think twice about what George Allen said. Because I had nothing to say. Hell, I never even heard of the word he used.

And Mike, how can you say nothing is reported? This Biden story was reported all over the place.

Saratoga_Mike
08-15-2012, 05:32 PM
I didn't think twice about what George Allen said. Because I had nothing to say. Hell, I never even heard of the word he used.

And Mike, how can you say nothing is reported? This Biden story was reported all over the place.

Wow, I thought Allen's comments to that young guy were clearly racist and therefore outrageous. After he made them, Allen went on Meet The Press, back when it was a real news program with Tim Russert, and lied about even knowing the origin of the word. But I guess that type of disgusting language doesn't bother you.

The term "nothing" was a rhetorical flourish, or hyperbole to make a point. In the literal sense, I'd like to use the term "under-reported."

Beachbabe
08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
First it was Ryan pushing a grandma over a cliff.
Then it was Romney (after he paid NO taxes, according to the reputable Harry Reid) causing a man's wife to die of cancer.
Now, it's both of them going to put Blacks back in chains.

When you have nothing to brag about on your own, you attack the other guy.
Attacks are one thing, but this administration and it's surrogates in the Democratic Party have brought mud-slinging and negative campaigning to a new & probably never-again-attained LOW.

You must be proud, oh "Messiah" as the one who was going to bring America together !!!! :liar:

ArlJim78
08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
It is an administration of firsts that's for sure.

The first openly communist president.
The first openly senile vice president.

NJ Stinks
08-15-2012, 05:52 PM
But I guess that type of disgusting language doesn't bother you.

The term "nothing" was a rhetorical flourish, or hyperbole to make a point. In the literal sense, I'd like to use the term "under-reported."

I need to have some kind of an understanding of the disgusting language in order to be disgusted.

Here's the bottom line on Biden IMO. He's a great man who makes more than his fair share of faux pas'. I don't care about the faux pas. I'd compare it to an aunt or uncle who I'm really fond of. They may put their foot in it once in a while but so what.

At any rate, I believe Joe Biden will govern in a manner that I agree with if he ever has to assume the roll of President. You and all others here don't have to agree with me on this. I'll live. :)

NJ Stinks
08-15-2012, 05:54 PM
When you have nothing to brag about on your own, you attack the other guy.
Attacks are one thing, but this administration and it's surrogates in the Democratic Party have brought mud-slinging and negative campaigning to a new & probably never-again-attained LOW.

The lowest thing I ever saw was the Swift-boating of John Kerry.

Just in case we're keeping score.

Saratoga_Mike
08-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I need to have some kind of an understanding of the disgusting language in order to be disgusted.

Here's the bottom line on Biden IMO. He's a great man who makes more than his fair share of faux pas'. I don't care about the faux pas. I'd compare it to an aunt or uncle who I'm really fond of. They may put their foot in it once in a while but so what.

At any rate, I believe Joe Biden will govern in a manner that I agree with if he ever has to assume the roll of President. You and all others here don't have to agree with me on this. I'll live. :)

When someone like Sarah Palin makes incendiary and/or stupid remarks do you just chalk it up as a "faux pas?" So next time you criticize a Rep for saying anything you find out of bounds, I'll just call it a faux pas and you'll give them a pass, ok?

NJ Stinks
08-15-2012, 06:23 PM
When someone like Sarah Palin makes incendiary and/or stupid remarks do you just chalk it up as a "faux pas?" So next time you criticize a Rep for saying anything you find out of bounds, I'll just call it a faux pas and you'll give them a pass, ok?

People like Sarah Palin has not proven anything to me that would make me think she deserves the benefit of the doubt. Joe Biden has.

But if you think I'm being a hypocrite down the line, by all means point it out.

Greyfox
08-15-2012, 06:30 PM
People like Sarah Palin has not proven anything to me that would make me think she deserves the benefit of the doubt. Joe Biden has.

Joe Biden deserves the benefit of lots of doubts.:rolleyes:

Really, how could this man ever be President if the President becomes ill?
Just today he said:

'Folks, where's it written we cannot lead the world in the 20th century in making automobiles?,"

PaceAdvantage
08-15-2012, 06:36 PM

But if you think I'm being a hypocrite down the line, by all means point it out.I guess this also applies to George W. Bush, another man, unlike Biden, who could never get a pass on any "faux pas" he would make...I would have written "faux pax" for cj's sake, but I guess that joke has already run its course...plus cj doesn't come down here much into off-topic... :lol:

dartman51
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM

At any rate, I believe Joe Biden will govern in a manner that I agree with if he ever has to assume the roll of President. You and all others here don't have to agree with me on this. I'll live. :) The lowest thing I ever saw was the Swift-boating of John Kerry.

Three things, NJ. 1. When was your aunt or uncle, the ones you are really fond of, serve as VP of the United States? 2. What exactly are you referring to, when you say the "swiftboating" of John Kerry? and 3. Are you saying that you don't care what a President or VP, says or does, as long as he governs in a manner that you agree with?
If you could clarify these 3 things, I would appreciate it. :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
08-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Three things, NJ. 1. When was your aunt or uncle, the ones you are really fond of, serve as VP of the United States? 2. What exactly are you referring to, when you say the "swiftboating" of John Kerry? and 3. Are you saying that you don't care what a President or VP, says or does, as long as he governs in a manner that you agree with?
If you could clarify these 3 things, I would appreciate it. :ThmbUp:

1. Never

2. John Kerry was ripped for what? Fighting a war in Vietnam while Bush was in Texas or Louisiana? Anyway, even John McCain said the attack on Kerry was "dishonest and dishonorable". I'm not going into the whole thing again here but you get the specifics at this link:

http://www.factcheck.org/republican-funded_group_attacks_kerrys_war_record.html

3. I think Joe Biden's intentions are honorable. Therefore, I have faith in his leadership ability. Mis-speaking is obviously not a deal-breaker. As PA pointed out, GWB did it often.

newtothegame
08-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Hmmm one time a gaffe.....???
What is it if it's multiple times????

Biden: "You don't know my state. My state was a slave state. My state is a border state. My state is the eighth largest black population in the country. My state is anything from a Northeast liberal state."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/aug/15/biden-has-record-slave-themed-remarks/

Biden on 7 eleven and dunkin donuts: ""I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking,"

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-250_162-1785303.html

Biden on keeping blacks in chains:
"“We got a real clear picture of what they all value,” Biden said. “Every Republican’s voted for it. Look at what they value and look at their budget and what they’re proposing. Romney wants to let the — he said in the first hundred days he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, ‘unchain Wall Street.’ They’re going to put y’all back in chains.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/vp-biden-says-republicans-are-going-to-put-yall-back-in-chains/

I am thinking there might be more then just gaffe's here....:lol:

Tom
08-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Benefit of the doubt for Biden?
Yes, I agree.
I doubt the man has had a cognitive thought in over a decade.
The #2 man in this country is a flaming idiot.

The whines about Palin's qualifications linger on, while every one ignores the total nincompoop who got her job.

Can you imagine this mental defective with his finger on the button.

"Here, Harry, let me get you a fresh drink. I'll just ring for my butler.....ooopps. Rut-row........maybe we better head down to the bunker for that nightcap."

Greyfox
08-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Can you imagine this mental defective with his finger on the button.

"Here, Harry, let me get you a fresh drink. I'll just ring for my butler.....ooopps. Rut-row........maybe we better head down to the bunker for that nightcap."

:lol: President Joe Clouseau.

Beachbabe
08-15-2012, 11:13 PM
The lowest thing I ever saw was the Swift-boating of John Kerry.

You mean the guy who vilified all Vietnam vets by comparing them to Genghis Khan or the guy who traveled to Paris to meet with representatives of the Viet Cong & North Vietnamese and bring their threats back to Washington (a fact he writes about in his own diary).

Tom
08-15-2012, 11:25 PM
You mean the vilifying by people who served with him and knew him, for real thing he did?

As opposed to all the made up stuff that the Oscumba people are putting out?

Romney killed my wife......you don't get much lower than that, but I bet you Oscumba will in the next few days.

NOTHING in this campaign has any semblance of being reality based, as Swift Boating did. That was just another leftist talking point that the media spread around so that they ALL used it the same evening.

ElKabong
08-15-2012, 11:48 PM

he needs to be sitting in a rocker on a porch somewhere, yelling at kids to stay off his lawn.

That's his day job....

NJ Stinks
08-16-2012, 12:24 AM
You mean the guy who vilified all Vietnam vets by comparing them to Genghis Khan or the guy who traveled to Paris to meet with representatives of the Viet Cong & North Vietnamese and bring their threats back to Washington (a fact he writes about in his own diary).

I mean the guy who actually fought for our country in Vietnam and then had the guts to come home and testify as to what he and other soldiers saw and lived with over there. What personal gain did Kerry have in mind for saying what he did?

The link below has audio of Kerry's testimony to Congress in 1971. (His testimony starts at around 9:15). Or one can just read the speech at this link. People can decide for themselves what kind of man John Kerry was a long time ago. Personally, I consider Kerry a genuine American hero for what he said to Congress over 40 years ago.

http://www.democracynow.org/2004/2/20/john_kerry_then_hear_kerrys_historic

pandy
08-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Team Obama have obviously decided to run a filthy campaign and are reaching new lows every day. It's hard to believe that after Biden's remark the President came to Biden's defense. This was very un-Presidential, shameful. I think this type of Chicago style attack campaign is going to backfire. Romney just has to keep pounding away with his 5 point plan to turn the economy around and let the other guys self destruct with their nasty rhetoric. The polls will start to go other other way in a few weeks.

NJ Stinks
08-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Team Obama have obviously decided to run a filthy campaign and are reaching new lows every day. It's hard to believe that after Biden's remark the President came to Biden's defense. This was very un-Presidential, shameful. I think this type of Chicago style attack campaign is going to backfire. Romney just has to keep pounding away with his 5 point plan to turn the economy around and let the other guys self destruct with their nasty rhetoric. The polls will start to go other other way in a few weeks.

Romney may be pounding away, Pandy, but I just checked. Obama is now bet down to 4/11 at William Hill and the Hammer went up to 2-1. But I know you said things will change in a few weeks so now may be the time for Romney backers to bet with both fists. :cool:

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/415683/US-Election-2012---Winning-Party.html

pandy
08-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Jimmy Carter was the favorite too. I remember because my Dad bet $100 on Reagan and got odds.

Saratoga_Mike
08-16-2012, 08:42 AM
1. Never

2. John Kerry was ripped for what? Fighting a war in Vietnam while Bush was in Texas or Louisiana? Anyway, even John McCain said the attack on Kerry was "dishonest and dishonorable". I'm not going into the whole thing again here but you get the specifics at this link:

3. I think Joe Biden's intentions are honorable. Therefore, I have faith in his leadership ability. Mis-speaking is obviously not a deal-breaker. As PA pointed out, GWB did it often.

I agree with you on Kerry - his war record (he actually fought in a war, not sure what GWB was doing) should not have been questioned--quite disgraceful actually. So you got it right on one count, defending a Dem (no surprise). But then you quickly go back to your knee-jerk partisan defense of Biden. Partisanship has a place in the world and serves a purpose, but it just means you don't have much credibility as an objective observer.

Saratoga_Mike
08-16-2012, 08:44 AM

But if you think I'm being a hypocrite down the line, by all means point it out.

Yeah I think you're a blindly partisan hypocrite.

Saratoga_Mike
08-16-2012, 08:46 AM
I guess this also applies to George W. Bush, another man, unlike Biden, who could never get a pass on any "faux pas" he would make...I would have written "faux pax" for cj's sake, but I guess that joke has already run its course...plus cj doesn't come down here much into off-topic... :lol:

And GWB would typically just butcher his syntax, not say electing the opponent would effectively result in slavery. CJ's too smart to venture on to this side of the board.

GaryG
08-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Remember when Biden ran for pres in 1988?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2008/08/the_write_stuff.html

FantasticDan
08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
And GWB would typically just butcher his syntax, not say electing the opponent would effectively result in slavery.Really? That's what he said?

Earlier comment this year from Biden: "The last time we unshackled Wall Street, America's middle class was shackled."

Okay, completely reasonable political comment.

This recent comment:

"Look at what they value and look at their budget, and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the -- he said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They're going to put you all back in chains."

See above. Of course it was cringe-worthy that he said this to a sizeable black audience, but other than that, it's just more BS false outrage.

NJ Stinks
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Jimmy Carter was the favorite too. I remember because my Dad bet $100 on Reagan and got odds.

Your Dad must have got his bet in early. Because one had to bet 90 pounds to win 50 on Reagan in London the day after they debated. (They debated a week before the election.)

I remember this because I tried to get a bet in on Reagan after that debate.

Now it's possible that Romney will manhandle Obama like Reagan did Carter in the upcoming debates and romp....

pandy
08-16-2012, 02:20 PM
He bet way before the debates. He said that most of the liberals in his office were voting for Reagan so he was convinced that he would win in a landslide.

Saratoga_Mike
08-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Really? That's what he said?

Earlier comment this year from Biden: "The last time we unshackled Wall Street, America's middle class was shackled."

Okay, completely reasonable political comment.

This recent comment:

"Look at what they value and look at their budget, and what they're proposing. Romney wants to let the -- he said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They're going to put you all back in chains."

See above. Of course it was cringe-worthy that he said this to a sizeable black audience, but other than that, it's just more BS false outrage.

Your post is a complete non-sequitur. I don't know how to respond.