PDA

View Full Version : 60 minutes interview Tonight

CryingForTheHorses
08-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I dont know about the rest of you but that interview tonight on 60 mins with Romney and his new VP pick tells me these guys are phoneys..Look at Romneys eyes when he is talking,He has the look of a person that is trying to get into your pocket..I dont like him..Im not allowed to vote so Im safe..He didnt answer any question properly and his puppet sidekick didnt answer the question of whether Romney should have provided more tax returns.This vp pick babbled like a high school kid getting a award.He didnt say anything except how much better they will be then Obama. They both looked at each other for answers. I also think Bob Scheifer thought he was a ass.He was laughing at him and not with him..Just saying!!

Valuist
08-12-2012, 08:15 PM
If they are phony, what is a community organizer? Good thing you don't have a vote. Stick to training horses.

ArlJim78
08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
why aren't you allowed to vote, doing time?

mostpost
08-12-2012, 08:24 PM
I think he's Canadian. I think he can vote in Canada.

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Incredibly intelligent response :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Incredibly intelligent response :rolleyes:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way you're not allowed to vote in the US is because of your age, your citizenship status, or your felon status. Correct?

CryingForTheHorses
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
If they are phony, what is a community organizer? Good thing you don't have a vote. Stick to training horses.

Yes you are right,I love training horses and love to get a rise out of people..I got one out of you!! :lol:

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way you're not allowed to vote in the US is because of your age, your citizenship status, or your felon status. Correct?
But he has access to this site and to train his horses while in jail?
Hmmm, i don't know, his name is McShell...maybe he's not a US citizen.

CryingForTheHorses
08-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way you're not allowed to vote in the US is because of your age, your citizenship status, or your felon status. Correct?

Yes PA..Im not a felon im old and not a bad guy..I only have pernament Resident status.I can only vote if I become one of you :)

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Yes you are right,I love training horses and love to get a rise out of people..I got one out of you!! :lol:If you were able to vote, who would you have voted for in 2008? And I will assume you would vote for Obama in 2012?

Are you better off now than you were three trillion dollars ago?

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
But he has access to this site and to train his horses while in jail?
Hmmm, i don't know, his name is McShell...maybe he's not a US citizen.One doesn't have to be in jail. If you were EVER convicted of a felony, you are not able to vote from then on out. Correct?

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2012, 08:33 PM
One doesn't have to be in jail. If you were EVER convicted of a felony, you are not able to vote from then on out. Correct?
yes, but ArlJim asked if he was DOING time, not if he DID time...which is why i wrote what i did about his post being incredibly intelligent.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
yes, but ArlJim asked if he was DOING time, not if he DID time...which is why i wrote what i did about his post being incredibly intelligent.Ah, I missed that important point. Taken in that context, then I agree with you.

ArlJim78
08-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Incredibly intelligent response :rolleyes:
humor:noun 1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement

CryingForTheHorses
08-12-2012, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]If you were able to vote, who would you have voted for in 2008? And I will assume you would vote for Obama in 2012?

Are you better off now than you were three trillion dollars ago?[/QUOTE

What would make you think I would vote for Obama?,I really would be afraid to vote for the simple reason I dont understand the differences between Democrat and Republicians..I know what it costs every month to feed my animals and pay all my bills,Am I better off?.I cant say Im any worse,The only bitch I have is the price of gas.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2012, 08:37 PM
humor:noun 1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusementSee, so you were trying to get a rise, just like McSchell. I'm sure he's proud of you at this very moment! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2012, 08:39 PM
What would make you think I would vote for Obama?Your creation of this thread, for starters. By your own words, you don't seem to like Romney/Ryan very much. Therefore, left with only one other alternative (Obama), I simply assumed that he would be who you would pull the lever for. Is that not a logical assumption based on this thread?

PhantomOnTour
08-12-2012, 08:40 PM
bad humor: for definition see post #3 :D

CryingForTheHorses
08-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Your creation of this thread, for starters. By your own words, you don't seem to like Romney/Ryan very much. Therefore, left with only one other alternative (Obama), I simply assumed that he would be who you would pull the lever for. Is that not a logical assumption based on this thread?

Thats funny..Pull the lever..Is that how you vote,Like a slot machine..I have never voted in the USA..I posted this thread as that is the first time I listened to Romney and his sidekick..That was my first impression of the both of them.Dad always told me to go by my first impressions and gut feeling.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Thats funny..Pull the lever..Is that how you vote,Like a slot machine..I have never voted in the USA..I posted this thread as that is the first time I listened to Romney and his sidekick..That was my first impression of the both of them.Dad always told me to go by my first impressions and gut feeling.OK, so then am I wrong? Based on a choice between Obama and Romney, you would vote for Obama? No shame in either choice (well, some would say there is shame, and some would say there is shame in BOTH choices).

Just curious.

johnhannibalsmith
08-12-2012, 08:49 PM
..Im not allowed to vote so Im safe...

Ah hell, don't let that stop you from voting... :lol:

fast4522
08-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Thats funny..Pull the lever..Is that how you vote,Like a slot machine..I have never voted in the USA..I posted this thread as that is the first time I listened to Romney and his sidekick..That was my first impression of the both of them.Dad always told me to go by my first impressions and gut feeling.

From Canada right?

Why wouldn't you have such hatred for a capitalist?

CryingForTheHorses
08-12-2012, 09:04 PM
From Canada right?

Why wouldn't you have such hatred for a capitalist?

I dont have hatred for anything my friend..I said I didnt like something,I never said anything about hatred. Where do you get that? out of my post.

ArlJim78
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
bad humor: for definition see post #3 :D
ooow! tough crowd, tough crowd.

fast4522
08-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Four more years of this guy and you think what you do for a living is going to get better right? Go roll your eyes and call anyone you want a phony but remember the living you are making right now is from America, also do not assume everyone considers leftest friends.

Rookies
08-12-2012, 09:34 PM
also do not assume everyone considers leftest friends.

But DO assume MOST of us have friends across the political spectrum, regardless of political affiliation.

We don't spend our whole lives circumscribed by a small range of opinion.

fast4522
08-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I agree with your statements Rookies, we in America are at a fork in the road if you will. I think both our statements ring clear.

Tom
08-12-2012, 11:00 PM
We don't spend our whole lives circumscribed by a small range of opinion.

Unless you are a democrat.

nijinski
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]If you were able to vote, who would you have voted for in 2008? And I will assume you would vote for Obama in 2012?

Are you better off now than you were three trillion dollars ago?[/QUOTE

What would make you think I would vote for Obama?,I really would be afraid to vote for the simple reason I dont understand the differences between Democrat and Republicians..I know what it costs every month to feed my animals and pay all my bills,Am I better off?.I cant say Im any worse,The only bitch I have is the price of gas.
Wait , isn't the price of both , gas and cars higher in Canada?

mostpost
08-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Example: Being a Republican. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's humor. Thus the three laughy guys.

Actor
08-13-2012, 05:05 AM
One doesn't have to be in jail. If you were EVER convicted of a felony, you are not able to vote from then on out. Correct?Incorrect.

I know of two convicted felons who still vote. In Ohio you cannot vote while incarcerated but once you are out you can vote.

Some states allow felons to vote while in prison. I assume they give the cons an absentee ballot or they set up a voting booth inside the prison.

Greyfox
08-13-2012, 10:21 AM
I dont know about the rest of you but that interview tonight on 60 mins with Romney and his new VP pick tells me these guys are phoneys..!

All humans, including yourself McSchell, wear "masks."
Some have masks which are congruent with their inner thoughts and feelings.
Others have masks which are quite different than their inner thoughts and feelings.
Very few politicians have masks that match their true inner core.
Over time the mask that they wear becomes caked on so thick that they lose touch with their true self.
Romney quite likely is "phoney" in that regard.
However, his phoniness can't carry a candle to Obama's false persona.
What you see is not what you get with that guy. He is not "transparent" at all.

cj's dad
08-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Incorrect.

I know of two convicted felons who still vote. In Ohio you cannot vote while incarcerated but once you are out you can vote.

Some states allow felons to vote while in prison. I assume they give the cons an absentee ballot or they set up a voting booth inside the prison.

Also in Ohio, the White House is actively trying to suppress the military absentee vote.

Actor
08-14-2012, 02:49 AM
Also in Ohio, the White House is actively trying to suppress the military absentee vote. http://www.barackobama.com/truth-team/entry/protecting-early-voting-in-ohio?source=om2012_RR_G_ohvoting-search-bg_core_ttohv4&omtype=ofa&subsource=mkwid|69gxWEFR|kw|military%20vote%20ohio |matchtype|b|pcrid|15929673853|pl||&gclid=CMDd6pfD5rECFUQTNAodWCYAoA

JustRalph
08-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Felons can vote in some states. In Florida, guards hand out ballots to those who request them.

rastajenk
08-14-2012, 06:58 AM
I find that hard to believe. Are they ballots for the precinct that the prison is in? They are hardly residents, and I'm sure the real residents of that precinct wouldn't stand for having the value of their own votes diluted by a concentration of non-locals of any kind, let alone felons.

Do they have a stack of absentee ballots from every precinct where the prison population may possibly come from?

Neither seems very likely to me.

That goes for Actor's suggestion, too, above. Maybe there is a process for voting absentee from a Big House, but on site voting just can't be.

reckless
08-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Felons can vote in some states. In Florida, guards hand out ballots to those who request them.

In the US House of Representatives there are current members who actually are felons.

How about that in the miscarriage of justice department?

Rookies
08-14-2012, 08:46 AM
In Canada, under the Charter, prisoners, who are citizens, can vote. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_Three_of_the_Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_an d_Freedoms

This answers Tom's question awhile back about whether "voting" is a guaranteed right in America. Perhaps not, but in Canada, it is.

rastajenk
08-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Apparently, so can residents of mental institutions. Those Crazy Canucksters! :D

dartman51
08-14-2012, 11:33 AM

Florida - On Mar. 9, 2011 the Florida rules of Executive Clemency were toughened. Automatic restoration of civil rights and the ability to vote will no longer be granted for any offenses. All individuals convicted of any felony will now have to apply for executive clemency after a five year waiting period. Individuals who are convicted, or who have previously been convicted, of certain felonies such as murder, assault, child abuse, drug trafficking, arson, etc. are subject to a seven year waiting period and a clemency board hearing to determine whether or not the ability to vote will be restored.

Prior to the Mar. 9, 2011 rule change some individuals convicted of non-violent felonies were re-enfranchised automatically by the Clemency Board upon completion of their full sentence, including payment of fines and fees.

Florida Rules of Executive Clemency (81 KB) (as of June 8, 2012)
Florida Clemency Application (64 KB) (as of June 8, 2012)