PDA

View Full Version : Pats fans

Valuist
01-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Bostonites, Suff, anyone-

What's the word on Tom Brady? He's listed as probable but I've heard whispers his knee is far worse than the Patriots have let on. One handicapper (Sturgeon) claims that he's had it drained after the last 3 games, and w/the frigid cold, the knee is worse than ever. Since the Pats offense relies heavily on the pass, this could be a huge factor. I was a little surprised when the $$ showed on the Colts; maybe this is why.

BIG RED
01-16-2004, 04:32 PM
That's what rumor says. I know they did drain it, and it will be in the 30's Sun. Can he play hurt?? The thing about the coach, he don't tell nobody nudda, zilch. He tells the press what he wants! I'll wait and see, Tom could come around by the. I HOPE!

Suff
01-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Im not a Patriots Fan. Well not a Big one anyway. Its hard not to be around this time.. Honestly I watched maybe 2 whole games all year.. does'nt interest me.. Proffessional Football that is. I know its the rage and its makes me a tad off... but football and Basketball to me...are not worthy.

Let me ask you a question... How many College players.. Seniors , Juniors and even sophmores get drafted by the NBA and NFL and play the following year? many..many many...

#1 through # 20 drafted are not only starters but IMPACT PLAYERS!

Shit.. You got High school players , that not only play in the NBA, but are All-Stars...

lPlayers step out of college and play professional football and Basketball all the time...

that NEVER (rarely) happens in MLB... A typical path for a Professional basball player has him playing organized baseball at 6 or 7 years old,, plays High school ball.. 4 years at College.. the cape league for a year, winter ball in south America... a year at single A, a year at Double AA, and a year or 2 or 3! at Triple AAA.
Then a shot at the BIGS and even then most don't stick. It takes damn near 10 years from High school to a ROOKIE gets a shot at the BIGS! 24 and 25 year old rookies are Common.

Thats a sport. Baseball. It takes years to master.

If some Kid can leave a High school DOMINATE at the PRO level...its not a sport... its a circus with freaks that have some atlheticism. a 7 foot man from China starts at center and its not Barnum and Baileys? Of course it is... The NBA is barnum and Baileys 2004 and the NFL isn't far behind.....a circus show....not athletes.

BIG RED
01-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Whoa Suff, I think he was asking for some "Boston inside" info, probably to make an informed wager. I love baseball,too. Can't wait for the SOX:eek:

Suff
01-16-2004, 05:13 PM
I've been waiting 16 weeks to make that rant!... I could'nt stand zit no more... The gasket blew.

Suff
01-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Valuist
Bostonites, Suff, anyone-

My prediction? Indy needs to score at least 22 points to win any game it plays. No one scores 22 points on the patriots at home. ever. Pats 31 indy 17

BIG RED
01-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know the name of Brady's backup?? I like the Pattsies big time, but my score pred. will wait til Sun.

cj
01-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Damon Huard is listed second on the depth chart, he attempted 1 pass this year. Rohan Davey attempted 7 as the 3d string, so maybe he is really second, who knows?

BIG RED
01-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Hopefully we won't find out:D

Suff
01-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Damon Huard is listed second on the depth chart, he attempted 1 pass this year. Rohan Davey attempted 7 as the 3d string, so maybe he is really second, who knows?

shit even though I have RED SOX nation...and thats cool...Shape Belgium is cooler... because your new there... you might even get the title as coolest location over Que's BangKok...

Shape , Belgium. Your stylin.

Derek2U
01-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Forget the weather this isnt them sissy Aqu jockeys playing.
Indy's great offense makes them whip the Pats by ~10.
It kinda depends on brady's passing short but i think Indy is wise
2 that.

Bubbles
01-16-2004, 08:47 PM
I won't touch this game with a ten-foot pole. There're too many what-ifs and maybes. I like the Panthers getting points against the Eagles. They have some momentum and could surprise Philly if the Eagles aren't prepared.

ljb
01-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm going with the pats. Don't have opinion as to spread. Indy hasn't seen a defense in a few weeks. Pats can shut down Indy offense. Brady can score enough to win this one.
Eagles should beat Carolina but sometimes they don't look so good.
And Suff if you want to talk about true athletes talk about Hockey.

Valuist
01-17-2004, 12:31 AM
The more I look at this game, the more I'm convinced the UNDER is the way to go. Indy is like a horse who ran a giant Beyer w/the aid of a rail-speed bias. They jumped up early on Denver at home, then caught 55 degree weather in KC in January against an awful defense. The Patriots have, by far, the best pass defense in the NFL. 59 QB rating against; 11 TD passes allowed and 29 INTs. Manning and the Colts come back to earth on Sunday as this one goes under, IMO.

Suff-

You may some great points on why MLB is a great sport. Nobody starts playing baseball in high school and makes it to the majors....it just doesn't happen. Too much strategy to be learned; too many different situations to adapt to. I think the NFL and NBA are more about pure athletism, except for QBs, who have to think. Interesting that most dual-sport football/baseball players at the college and minor league level are QBs in football. You almost never see dual basketball/baseball players. Danny Ainge was one that comes to mind but there aren't many.

sq764
01-17-2004, 02:12 AM
I would take Eagles -4 and lay off the other game..

Suffolk OTB
01-17-2004, 08:03 AM
Patriots/Panthers Super Bowl

sq764
01-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Curious of your reasoning for picking the Panthers.. (I have found so many people just wanting the Eagles to lose, it's funny to see the reasoning)..

Valuist
01-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Listening to a couple of the Vegas talk shows, it seems like the majority of handicappers favor taking Carolina and the pts. The feeling among most (and I agree) was that Green Bay lost the game last week because of a few mental mistakes, rather than Philly winning it. Maybe Reid just is a better coach than Sherman, but when you need a 4th and 26 completion to stay alive, you know you are catching big time help. Sooner or later, that runs out. Besides, Philly still hasn't shown it can stop the run.

sq764
01-17-2004, 12:55 PM
2 ways of looking at that GB game.. If the Eagles can start off that bad and still win, that means a lot.

Carolina has no Stephen Davis either.. And no, the backup is not the same.

Personally, I think the Eagles are going to come out sharp and blow Carolina out. I think Carolina is a little overmatched.

SAL
01-18-2004, 06:53 PM
I agree that Philly didn't deserve to win last week. And Davis is playing, so the points look good now.

sq764
01-18-2004, 09:35 PM
No doubt there.. And the fact that the Eagles probably played the worst game they played all year didn't help!