PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Steeple report

lamboguy
08-09-2012, 12:01 PM
8/9/2012

extremely tough event today!

i am going to play for a lot of speed in this race, if Quiet Fashion, Eastern Starlett, Maya Charlie all hook up you will have a first class speed duel. i am going to lean to that in this race. i am going to give Well Fashioned top billing here Sweet Shanni on the same level too, but those mares have top weights.

Maggies Merry bled in her work and needed the lassix today for the first time.

like any other horse race, you are going to need plenty of luck. if one of the speeds gets loose my selections will be rip up time.

lamboguy
08-09-2012, 01:07 PM
another loser, year total 0/3 :bang:

lamboguy
08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
another try at this
race 1------1A and 3

lamboguy
08-16-2012, 01:11 PM
another try at this
race 1------1A and 3$29 for the trick box

lamboguy
08-16-2012, 01:19 PM
race #2

i am going to go with HISTORY BOY the #7 but i know that #4 WANGANOI is a better horse, but it looks like he has been through a tough campaign. there won't be any prices here so this race is probably not worth playing. the entry has a decent shot as well.

the problem with the steeple is that its only once a week and you are under the gun if you know what i mean.

i think the Clemont filly's have a good shot at the spa today in later races because i like the way they trained.

lamboguy
08-16-2012, 01:48 PM
race #2

i am going to go with HISTORY BOY the #7 but i know that #4 WANGANOI is a better horse, but it looks like he has been through a tough campaign. there won't be any prices here so this race is probably not worth playing. the entry has a decent shot as well.

the problem with the steeple is that its only once a week and you are under the gun if you know what i mean.

i think the Clemont filly's have a good shot at the spa today in later races because i like the way they trained.the thing i was right about in this race was that WANGANOI needs a rest. he had a perfect trip and wound up third.
HISTORY BOY does win and returns $7 for his efforts (that was a great price if you thought the same way i did).

LAMBO'S the name and the jumpers are going to turn out to be my game!

smokinjoe@bp
08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
nice work lambo

lamboguy
08-16-2012, 03:09 PM
steeplechase total, 2 cashes out of 5 races.

i don't know how to report ROI, i think its should be positive so far.

horses4courses
08-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Last year, everything he sent out over the jumps at Saratoga was live.
He won a lot of races except for, if I recall, the biggest race at the end of August, which was won by a longshot (Malou, or something).

This year, he has been ice cold (zero for 13) until he had a winner and a second today in two races.
I have a feeling he will finish strong this year.

Pay close attention to all that he runs from here until the end of the meet.
Sheppard is as good as it gets with jump horses.

turninforhome10
08-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Nice Call Lambo. You have the floor on Thursdays.

lamboguy
08-23-2012, 12:43 PM
unfortunately i don't know anything more than anyone else about this wide open jump race today. i am not going to force anything so the right thing to do is take a pasadena.

good luck