PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Downs

netbet
08-09-2012, 11:33 AM
No excuses for not betting Kentucky Downs.
Story from Bloodhorse.com

Kentucky Downs reduces takeout (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/71925/ky-downs-reduces-takeout-rates-adds-wagers?source=rss)

:jump:

Patrick

GaryG
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I love the place, it will always be Dueling Grounds to me. The facilities are not like the big tracks, but it has a rural feeling that is hard to find in American racing. Not to mention the 1 5/16 mile course with one tight turn, one wide sweeping turn and uphill and downhill runs. The grass is usually lush and long as well.

Saratoga_Mike
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
I love the place, it will always be Dueling Grounds to me. The facilities are not like the big tracks, but it has a rural feeling that is hard to find in American racing. Not to mention the 1 5/16 mile course with one tight turn, one wide sweeping turn and uphill and downhill runs. The grass is usually lush and long as well.

Totally agree - spent many Saturdays at the place when it was Dueling Grounds. If you drive a mile east past the track, you're in the middle of nowhere. Not sure if it's the case anymore, but 15 yrs ago they didn't serve beer or drinks, but you could bring your own as part of a club.

tanner12oz
08-09-2012, 12:27 PM
imo the offtrack simulcast at the track sucks...i lived in tn for awhile and would drive up there and the place is literally closed like half the week and closes with races still going the rest of the week....currently in pennsylvania and offtrack simulcasting is 100000000x better then it was at ky downs.

ky downs is only maybe an hour away from nashville which is a great city

wisconsin
08-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Great setting for a track. A real grandstand would help, but then again, that's the charm.

The simo room is old and not very appealing. Need larger and better TV's, in my opinion. They do have a bar inside. But walk outside, and you are on the 2nd floor patio with a unique track laid out in front of you. No place anywhere like it.