PDA

View Full Version : CHEATERS PROSPER @CALDER

Karakiozis
08-07-2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-08-09/news/cheaters-prosper-at-calder-race-course/

cj
08-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Above all else, and it isn't close, this kind of stuff will kill the sport.

cj
08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I will add the person that wrote the article doesn't know much about racing. I can't imagine that the purses weren't redistributed after those positives.

bob60566
08-07-2012, 09:43 PM
The way to go in todays game accept it and figure when they are going to inject the horse. It is not that hard to see in the past performances.

Mac :ThmbDown:

cj
08-07-2012, 09:56 PM
The way to go in todays game accept it and figure when they are going to inject the horse. It is not that hard to see in the past performances.

That is a game only an idiot would want to play.

Beachbabe
08-07-2012, 09:59 PM
It's amazing how Frankie C. seeks out these noble horsemen who "treat their horses like King James". Friend of the lowly equine....that's him.

thaskalos
08-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Politics, religion and horse racing.

The only businesses where crooks are not led away in handcuffs.

BlueShoe
08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Yellow journalism or a scathing expose? If true, this is quite a bombshell. Perhaps this is part of the reason have never done well at Calder. Shunning it altogether from now on could be prudent. What is disturbing is if these things have been commonplace at Calder most surely similar things have been going on at other venues, but which ones??

bob60566
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM

Can you explain the above statement in todays enviroment and the state of horse racing.
I have to accept that they are giving there horses what ever and today in the PP it is very obvious in the last ten running line in the horse at lesser tracks.
In todays age this is what racing has come to at minor tracks and maybe Dutrow at major.

bob60566
08-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Politics, religion and horse racing.

The only businesses where crooks are not led away in handcuffs.

Maybe those three are right but not in order,

Not going there

Mac :)

cj
08-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Can you explain the above statement in todays enviroment and the state of horse racing.
I have to accept that they are giving there horses what ever and today in the PP it is very obvious in the last ten running line in the horse at lesser tracks.
In todays age this is what racing has come to at minor tracks and maybe Dutrow at major.

There isn't much to explain. If betting the sport is reduced to guessing when a trainer will or won't inject illegal drugs, why would anyone play that wasn't in on it. You know the old saying about the sucker at the card table, right?

ten2oneormore
08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
This is a little scary and the article doesn't say what happened.

"I hope I am not placed in danger and that my name is not revealed," the informant wrote, adding that Ziadie often killed barn pigeons with a shotgun. "[If] he finds out... he is crazy and capable of killing me or paying someone else to do it for him."

2 paragraphs later

state regulators closed their case against Ziadie a few months later when the informant abruptly disappeared.

Overall this is just ridiculous and I guess all we can do as horse players is not play there or tracks like it(Delaware,etc...)

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2012, 01:00 AM
All I can say is, good thing this is Calder and not NYRA...or else I'd have to fork up $$$ for another server... :rolleyes:

thaskalos
08-08-2012, 01:34 AM
All I can say is, good thing this is Calder and not NYRA...or else I'd have to fork up $$$ for another server... :rolleyes:

The question is...isn't it naive to believe that this is restricted to Calder?

Calder is "major league" compared to some of the other tracks out there...

With the "integrity" that some racetracks exemplify...this kind of thing could be widespread...and we'd never know it.

LRL Racing
08-08-2012, 02:09 AM
In every business there are crooked people. Carpenters, lawyers, doctors, bankers, etc...etc..
Yes, horse racing has some too but that is not the majority just like the other careers. How about steriods in athletes?

thaskalos
08-08-2012, 02:13 AM
In every business there are crooked people. Carpenters, lawyers, doctors, bankers, etc...etc..
Yes, horse racing has some too but that is not the majority just like the other careers. How about steriods in athletes?

Steroids in athletes don't cause the fans in the stands to lose money...

The "crooked people" in this sport conspire against the fan...and that's a no-no.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2012, 02:42 AM

With the "integrity" that some racetracks exemplify...this kind of thing could be widespread...and we'd never know it.You may be right, BUT, I have to go on what is out there, and currently, this story is only about Calder.

If this same story appeared about NYRA, I would have to buy another server. It's that simple.

For some reason, the biggest NYRA critics on here don't seem to care much that far worse is happening (apparently) at Calder.

The absolute FIRESTORM on here when NYRA didn't drop the takeout by 1% like they should have, but nary a peep about this Calder story from any of those VERY VOCAL NYRA critics.

Makes one wonder if all that self-professed "caring for the little guy (and no, not talking Andy S.)" is nothing but baloney...they just want to get their rocks off throwing rocks at NYRA.

Dahoss2002
08-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Crap someone call me the next time Calabrese/ Ziadie get off at 16-1

thaskalos
08-08-2012, 03:02 AM
You may be right, BUT, I have to go on what is out there, and currently, this story is only about Calder.

If this same story appeared about NYRA, I would have to buy another server. It's that simple.

For some reason, the biggest NYRA critics on here don't seem to care much that far worse is happening (apparently) at Calder.

Makes one wonder.

I have a slightly different take on this, PA...

The "scandals" that have surfaced in this game to this point, at the NYRA and elsewhere, have been mild by comparison...and invite criticisms and heated debates on what should be done to rectify things.

Something of this magnitude, on the other hand -- where the racetrack itself is suspected of fixing races -- is so horrendous...it leaves no room for discussions or criticisms.

It validates our worst suspicions, and confirms all the conspiracy theories that have circulated about this game for years and years.

News like these leave us speechless and numb...and, if these accusations turn out to be true...the only question left to ask is:

How could we have been so dumb...?

NJ Stinks
08-08-2012, 03:18 AM
This is a little scary and the article doesn't say what happened.

"I hope I am not placed in danger and that my name is not revealed," the informant wrote, adding that Ziadie often killed barn pigeons with a shotgun. "[If] he finds out... he is crazy and capable of killing me or paying someone else to do it for him."

2 paragraphs later

state regulators closed their case against Ziadie a few months later when the informant abruptly disappeared.

I was wondering what happened to this guy too.

Anyway, so much for thinking I want to visit Calder sometime.

takeout
08-08-2012, 03:29 AM
"I hope I am not placed in danger and that my name is not revealed," the informant wrote, adding that Ziadie often killed barn pigeons with a shotgun.

Comment: That sentence seems a bit odd. Surely he wasn’t shooting around the track barns? ?? I could use a few more details with that one.

thaskalos
08-08-2012, 03:34 AM
The absolute FIRESTORM on here when NYRA didn't drop the takeout by 1% like they should have, but nary a peep about this Calder story from any of those VERY VOCAL NYRA critics.

Makes one wonder if all that self-professed "caring for the little guy (and no, not talking Andy S.)" is nothing but baloney...they just want to get their rocks off throwing rocks at NYRA.

I didn't see this little tidbit, because you added it while I was typing my response above.

I don't know if I am one of these "VERY VOCAL NYRA critics" you speak of...but I do know this:

The NYRA deserved every bit of the "FIRESTORM" it got...and, if these accusations about Calder are true...not only does Calder deserve a "firestorm" of criticism -- it deserves to be CLOSED DOWN!

And we horseplayers had better take a closer look at this game...because it could be something entirely different than what we think it is.

And your remark...that all the self-professed "caring for the little guy" may be nothing but baloney?

I would like to give it the response that it deserves...but the respect I have for you prevents me from doing so.

turninforhome10
08-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Is there now or in the past, a place where monies could be invested without any fear of corruption that might affect your return? As I have been sitting and talking to my neighbor about corruption in government, I read the Calder article.
Surprised? No.
Just wondering why we as players keep pumping our money into a system that we know has big problems. Are we not enabling this to happen with every 2 dollar show we plunk down. Our wagering dollars are going to help support the present system.
Are we not enabling the drunk to maintain their swagger?

takeout
08-08-2012, 07:41 AM
The math wizards figured a way to buy tickets that guaranteed a big win in the Cash WinFall game. Lottery officials knew about it back in 2005 and only stopped it this year, says a report by State Inspector General Gregory Sullivan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/mit-students-scammed-massachusetts-state-lottery-8-million-report-article-1.1128482#ixzz22o5j6WxV

Comment: While the case can be made that anyone playing a lottery deserves what they get, the number of years that they knowingly let this go on is amazing. Makes Hayward look like an amateur.

johnhenry81
08-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Take about cheating. Check out Finger lakes race 5 yesterday, "Melody Queen"

That brazen guy bent the people over without opology what so ever.

It's guys like that, the owner/ trainer who are only in the game for a gambling score that really hurt the industry.

Valuist
08-08-2012, 08:18 AM
If Calder lets Kirk Ziadie race there, can Ness be far behind?

melman
08-08-2012, 08:19 AM
There isn't much to explain. If betting the sport is reduced to guessing when a trainer will or won't inject illegal drugs, why would anyone play that wasn't in on it. You know the old saying about the sucker at the card table, right?
cj I could not agree with you more. Of all the young people in my area that I have met and talked with this is the KILLER in regards to racing. They ARE willing to spend the time and they do so with poker. However as more than a few have said to me "if at the highest levels i.e. the TC races they have guys like Dutrow and O'Neil winning what do you think is going on at the lower leveles of the business".

cj
08-08-2012, 09:03 AM

It's guys like that, the owner/ trainer who are only in the game for a gambling score that really hurt the industry.

He cheated but forgot to bet? The horse fit in the race, he has had her forever, and she picks up the pieces when others collapse. I'm all for calling out cheaters, but long priced winners don't necessarily mean something is amiss.

wisconsin
08-08-2012, 09:24 AM

What did I miss here? The horse was a bomb. It's when these types are bet down that you get suspicious, not when they are ignored in the ppols.

johnhenry81
08-08-2012, 10:03 AM
These kinds of bombs are bet using the "Santa Claus" method.

Meaning they hang as much on the tree vertically and horizontally as possible. The WPS pools are ignored at minor tracks.

I know darn well there are many PA members that would look at this horses profile and know what happened.

CryingForTheHorses
08-08-2012, 10:32 AM
"I hope I am not placed in danger and that my name is not revealed," the informant wrote, adding that Ziadie often killed barn pigeons with a shotgun.

Comment: That sentence seems a bit odd. Surely he wasn’t shooting around the track barns? ?? I could use a few more details with that one.

Man get real..Killing pigeons with a shotgun!!..Thats the craziest thing I have ever heard..Let a shotgun go off in a barn and you would have lots of horses breaking out of their stalls.A ststement like this tells me the" imformant" doesnt know what he is talking about. The Steve Cross scandel was about a guy getting kickbacks for goods sold to the racetrack for use on the track and elsewhere.This has nothing to do with fixing races.This guy screwed Calder out of millions of dollars.I still cant see how you say people are cheating when they pass drug tests after their races.Have you not noticed that Zaidie/Calabrese win races on the drop?..Many have his wins come from horse on the drop.I also encourage you to look up why Zaidie was suspended...I dont see any frog juice or snake venem in his list..I do see failed to have papers in office and I also see ace-promozene which is a tranquilizer used by many horseman in the morning to settle down unruly or skittish horses.If your out to win races why would you want to slow them down with this.I dont see any thing about another certain trainer who's bad drug test record far exceds Zadies..I have also mentioned how these guys will spend a ton of money with the vet to win..When you have a horse dropping from 32k to 6250 he should win on class alone.The above link in my opinion was written by disgruntled people who had nothing to contribute to the sport except trying to make a bad name for Calder.That Gina Sylvestry wants to sue everybody for everything.She even claimed a horse off me a few year ago and wanted to sue me and the track for letting the horse run.The horse won the race that she claimed it out of.I for one cant buy into the race fixing crap here at Calder because these jocks arent smart enough to know what to do..Most of them will ride a mile race like they are going 5 furlongs.I really think you need to read where this is coming from before you decide not to watch Calder..

Tom
08-08-2012, 10:58 AM
What did I miss here? The horse was a bomb. It's when these types are bet down that you get suspicious, not when they are ignored in the ppols.

Dropping in class, coming off lasix and removing front wraps.....draw lin through most of his races and you have a fresh horse with some changes ina crappy race of losers......I would not put him on top, but at FL, place and show holes of an exotic is a real possibility.

The Bit
08-08-2012, 11:34 AM

I disagree.

I didn't "like" the horse, but I did use her in exacts and tris with the 5.

They were coming out of the same, tougher condition race. The 4 was 2nd off the layoff, which made it at least plausible that she could close the 8 length gap on the 5.

And than the three favorites go out and draw away prematurely and here comes the 4 plodding along.

Karakiozis
08-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Man get real..Killing pigeons with a shotgun!!..Thats the craziest thing I have ever heard..Let a shotgun go off in a barn and you would have lots of horses breaking out of their stalls.A ststement like this tells me the" imformant" doesnt know what he is talking about. The Steve Cross scandel was about a guy getting kickbacks for goods sold to the racetrack for use on the track and elsewhere.This has nothing to do with fixing races.This guy screwed Calder out of millions of dollars.I still cant see how you say people are cheating when they pass drug tests after their races.Have you not noticed that Zaidie/Calabrese win races on the drop?..Many have his wins come from horse on the drop.I also encourage you to look up why Zaidie was suspended...I dont see any frog juice or snake venem in his list..I do see failed to have papers in office and I also see ace-promozene which is a tranquilizer used by many horseman in the morning to settle down unruly or skittish horses.If your out to win races why would you want to slow them down with this.I dont see any thing about another certain trainer who's bad drug test record far exceds Zadies..I have also mentioned how these guys will spend a ton of money with the vet to win..When you have a horse dropping from 32k to 6250 he should win on class alone.The above link in my opinion was written by disgruntled people who had nothing to contribute to the sport except trying to make a bad name for Calder.That Gina Sylvestry wants to sue everybody for everything.She even claimed a horse off me a few year ago and wanted to sue me and the track for letting the horse run.The horse won the race that she claimed it out of.I for one cant buy into the race fixing crap here at Calder because these jocks arent smart enough to know what to do..Most of them will ride a mile race like they are going 5 furlongs.I really think you need to read where this is coming from before you decide not to watch Calder..

According to the article the racing secretary was allowed to own and bet on horses, ENOUGH SAID!!!

lamboguy
08-08-2012, 12:39 PM
According to the article the racing secretary was allowed to own and bet on horses, ENOUGH SAID!!!
i never heard of that one before in my entire life

thaskalos
08-08-2012, 01:34 PM

And let's not forget that the Calder track officials themselves were reported to be involved in outright race-fixing...

CryingForTheHorses
08-08-2012, 01:42 PM

I have read the entire article,Doesnt tell me anything about the racing secretary being ALLOWED to own horses ALL that is HERESAY!!! .You read into this what you want.All Im saying is you have disgruntled owners and trainers who have gotten ruled off for causing trouble and are trying to slander everything and everyone they can. They want their 15 mins of fame!

CryingForTheHorses
08-08-2012, 01:46 PM
And let's not forget that the Calder track officials themselves were reported to be involved in outright race-fixing...

If they were reported to be racefixing,Then why havent they be arrested?.

thaskalos
08-08-2012, 02:17 PM
If they were reported to be racefixing,Then why havent they be arrested?.

Arrested?

You've got to be kidding me...

NOBODY get's arrested in this game...no matter what they do.

Don't you know that all these issues are handled "in-house"...and away from the betting public's prying eyes?

Every race-fixing scandal that has been reported in this game has been covered up to such an extent...it is virtually impossible for the public to find out what really happened.

It took us 20 years to find out that there was race-fixing involving the jockeys in Louisiana...and I suspect it will take us just as long to find out what really happened at Tampa in 2005 -- when 11 jockeys were suspended without any reason or explanation given to the betting public.

Everything to protect the "integrity" of the game...:ThmbDown:

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
The truth lies somewhere btw what was written in the article and what McShell is writing.

I seriously doubt these folks are just troublemakers who got ruled off and now wanna sue everyone and their momma.
However, as McShell points out, firing a shotgun at pigeons on the backside !!?? Did he mean to say BB gun maybe?
A shotgun is loud folks and would attract lots of attention....freak the horses out too.
Anyway, that and the mysterious disappearance (which begs the question but has no follow up...payed off? whacked? what?) of a key witness makes me doubt a lot of this article.

I am gonna google a few names in the piece and see what comes up from sources other than the New Times

Tom
08-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Well, what they allege might be true, but i have a hard time believing anything in that article. It was obvious by the second paragraph the writer knows nothing about horse racing. And page after page, there is a big lack of evidence and a heavy helping of innuendo.

It smacks of an agenda piece aka the New York Times.

Might be true, sometimes liars and idiots get it right, but if it is true, I'll wait until some legitimate reporting appears. This was not it.

Full disclosure, I have not played Calder in years and consider it, for whatever reasons, unplayable. No dog in this hunt. I'd play tiddly winks before I played Calder.

BlueShoe
08-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Man get real..Killing pigeons with a shotgun!!..Thats the craziest thing I have ever heard..
For sure, discharging a firearm of any kind on the grounds of any race track is almost certainly strickly forbidden. However, if absolutely necessary to control very small urban pests like pigeons with a firearm, there is a solution. A .22 CB cap round is virtually silent, with only a tiny pop. The low velocity bullet has little penetration, and at very close range is effective medicine for curing a pigeon, crow, or rat problem without alerting the neighbors.

Striker
08-08-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't see too much in this example the writer gives in the article that would cause red flags to fly up IMO. This horse won 2nd time off the claim for FCC/Ziadie and horses usually do improve for whoever the trainer is when FCC makes a claim. How? I don't know. They took him for 10k and he won a Str 6250 with at least a 7 lb weight advantage on each horse but one, that seems reasonable to me. The writer also uses that Sole Runner is small in size especially compared to the favorite in the race who is larger and taller than Sole Runner. Are we to believe that the biggest horse will always win the race? Of course being bigger is a positive but that isn't going to lead the horse into the winners circle each race. Clearly, this horse favors Calder(5 of his 6 wins have come here) over Gulfstream, where he is 0/7 with hitting the board one time in those 7 races. The writer uses the fact that Sole Runner hasn't done anything in his 6 races this year. Well, 4 of those races were at Gulfstream with tougher competition and he may not like that track also. The fact that he went off at 16-1 tells me either Frank wasn't there, or didn't bet this horse at all, as he is a pretty large bettor and will usually back his horses. You would think if Ziadie did do something illegal that he would of told Frank that the horse should improve or win this race. Now whether he tells FCC why I am not sure if he would disclose that or not. This example doesn't even qualify as the preface to the chronicles of Ness.

rubicon55
08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Arrested?

You've got to be kidding me...

NOBODY get's arrested in this game...no matter what they do.

Don't you know that all these issues are handled "in-house"...and away from the betting public's prying eyes?

Every race-fixing scandal that has been reported in this game has been covered up to such an extent...it is virtually impossible for the public to find out what really happened.

It took us 20 years to find out that there was race-fixing involving the jockeys in Louisiana...and I suspect it will take us just as long to find out what really happened at Tampa in 2005 -- when 11 jockeys were suspended without any reason or explanation given to the betting public.

Everything to protect the "integrity" of the game...:ThmbDown:

Probably heard this before but after reading this Gus it seems to me that this also what is so wrong with baseball and how officials hand down so called "punishment" for repeat offenders. As long as I can remember as a kid Baseball and Horseracing was suppose to be some sort of American iconic original sport with heroes and idols and youthful dreams of wanting to be a part of it. I can hardly utter those words anymore with any kind of sincerity- it is so very sad for all Americans who believe in honesty and clean competition. As they say "is nothing sacred anymore?’ truly a sad state we are in these troubling times fueled by greed. Thanks, just had to air my sentiments.

bob60566
08-08-2012, 06:11 PM

With the "integrity" that some racetracks exemplify...this kind of thing could be widespread...and we'd never know it.

My opinion is that it is wide spread at every track.Now i do not play every track in the country right now MTR and EVD and both tracks have there fair share of super trainers and Questionable riding and even Stewards decisions, and then we have people cancelling there wagers and influencing the pools.
I accept this and there is more going on. when money changs hands.

Now can someone come forward and give me a list of tracks that i can handicap that is clean and none of the above takes place.
I think the list will be?????.
So are we still Handicapping I know i am.
Mac :)

Saratoga_Mike
08-08-2012, 07:05 PM
1) I still cant see how you say people are cheating when they pass drug tests after their races.Have you not noticed that Zaidie/Calabrese win races on the drop?..Many have his wins come from horse on the drop.I also encourage you to look up why Zaidie was suspended...I dont see any frog juice or snake venem in his list..2) I do see failed to have papers in office and I also see ace-promozene which is a tranquilizer used by many horseman in the morning to settle down unruly or skittish horses.

1) You seem like a hardworking trainer, so I don't mean to be disrespectful toward you. I really don't, but are you serious? You must realize drug tests don't test for everything under the sun. If you're cheating, the goal is to find a performance-enhancing drug that isn't tested for.

2) So his only drug positive was for ace? How many drug violations does he have in total? How many would it take for you to consider him a problem? 100? 200? 300?

A couple of years ago you posted that you wanted cheats out of the sport. Putting Mr. Ziadie aside (maybe he is just a better trainer than everyone at CRC), why the change of heart recently? Do you now believe there are no cheats in the sport?

Itamaraca
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I for one cant buy into the race fixing crap here at Calder because these jocks arent smart enough to know what to do..Most of them will ride a mile race like they are going 5 furlongs..

Exactly. Is that IDIOT Centeno still riding @ CRC? He perennially leads the country in horses GUTTED with premature moves. So, even assuming that there are some incredibly efficient JUICERS out there, IDIOTS still ride their horses.

This stuff gets old. When you play the game on a regular basis; when you watch races rather than understanding the game in terms of data; you get a sense of how many things can really go wrong in a race. For every race WON by a JUICER, 100's of races are lost because of bad rides. Why exactly am I worrying about the JUICERS then?

Beachbabe
08-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Exactly. Is that IDIOT Centeno still riding @ CRC? He perennially leads the country in horses GUTTED with premature moves. So, even assuming that there are some incredibly efficient JUICERS out there, IDIOTS still ride their horses.

This stuff gets old. When you play the game on a regular basis; when you watch races rather than understanding the game in terms of data; you get a sense of how many things can really go wrong in a race. For every race WON by a JUICER, 100's of races are lost because of bad rides. Why exactly am I worrying about the JUICERS then?

Centeno hasn't ridden at Calder all year. He's riding first call for Ness at Delaware & occasionally makes a foray for the same guy at Penn.
For a guy who "plays the game on a regular basis", you shoulda known that.

;)

CryingForTheHorses
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
1) You seem like a hardworking trainer, so I don't mean to be disrespectful toward you. I really don't, but are you serious? You must realize drug tests don't test for everything under the sun. If you're cheating, the goal is to find a performance-enhancing drug that isn't tested for.

2) So his only drug positive was for ace? How many drug violations does he have in total? How many would it take for you to consider him a problem? 100? 200? 300?

A couple of years ago you posted that you wanted cheats out of the sport. Putting Mr. Ziadie aside (maybe he is just a better trainer than everyone at CRC), why the change of heart recently? Do you now believe there are no cheats in the sport?

I do understand they cant test for everything!!..What I dont understand is how a person can be called a cheat using something that is imaginary?..Yes we can suspect and point fingers but I just dont see any kind of jetfuel in a syringe like a lot of you think.My stance hasnt changed about cheaters but please remember the majority of Kirks infractions came from everyday use of these allowed drugs with a time limit.You also know as well as I do that each animal is different and some horses will hold the drug in their system longer.The majority of his infractions were due to carelessness on his part.You know as well as I do..You can take your 10k claimer spent 2k tapping evrything that moves and be boss in your next race,A shuttle if you drop him down.Im just stating my observations and have no way resorted to letting them cheat.

Karakiozis
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I do understand they cant test for everything!!..What I dont understand is how a person can be called a cheat using something that is imaginary?..Yes we can suspect and point fingers but I just dont see any kind of jetfuel in a syringe like a lot of you think.My stance hasnt changed about cheaters but please remember the majority of Kirks infractions came from everyday use of these allowed drugs with a time limit.You also know as well as I do that each animal is different and some horses will hold the drug in their system longer.The majority of his infractions were due to carelessness on his part.You know as well as I do..You can take your 10k claimer spent 2k tapping evrything that moves and be boss in your next race,A shuttle if you drop him down.Im just stating my observations and have no way resorted to letting them cheat.

We understand Mr McSchell.

Mr G
08-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't wager Calder and never heard of this trainer but after reading the story I went to search for more about him and Calder.

And below is one of the first things that showed up in search.

For those who know of the trainer is it true he normally doesn't race claimed horses right away?
____

One statistic in particular suggests that Ziadie, 41, is either a cheater or an amazing horseman. Over the past five years, when Ziadie has claimed horses from other trainers, those acquisitions have won 47 percent of the time in their first start for the new barn. It is a mind-boggling number. Ziadie improves almost every horse he gets his hands on, and he improves upon the work of almost every other trainer.

He disputes the popular notion that this success is evidence of any wrongdoing. "I don't move 'em up in two weeks," he told me in an interview this week. "When I claim a horse I usually don't run them back for three months. I clean them up, retrain them. These things don't happen overnight. And my horses last -- I've got plenty of 9- and 10-year-olds." Such sustained success, he maintained, is hardly the hallmark of a trainer getting a quick boost from illegal drugs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/29/AR2010012903992.html

Dony55
08-09-2012, 12:05 AM

That is the game a game a smart person would want to play, if your to stupid to take advantage thats your fault.

PaceAdvantage
08-09-2012, 12:09 AM
That is the game a game a smart person would want to play, if your to stupid to take advantage thats your fault.Major insight. Thank you for that.

thaskalos
08-09-2012, 12:12 AM
That is the game a game a smart person would want to play, if your to stupid to take advantage thats your fault.

Yeah...you sure figured Cj out.

He is too stupid...

Ca9
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Ziadie scores at 30/1 in the 2nd.Runs in the family.

mistergee
08-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Ziadie scores at 30/1 in the 2nd.Runs in the family.
you would think Ralph would have a similar record to Kirk, but he doesnt

mistergee
08-09-2012, 03:05 PM
keep an eye out for

R6 :8: :9:
R8 :1:
R9 :2:

lets see if this makes them start losing. I will start a win balance due method for betting these to win

grant miller
08-09-2012, 11:20 PM
horses that are gassed are usally bet hard in the exacta pool in harness racing, people on the western ny harness scene claim the racing sec. at buffalo racway bets in full view of people? I love our sport ,but with the meds there full of its harder to make a buck unless your on the inside J.M.O.

tzipi
08-09-2012, 11:40 PM

:lol:

Anyway whether it's Calder or wherever, it's a damn shame the sport has to be ruined and put out a web that people look at and say they are no way going to be betting on the sport. Trainers who are constantly being caught should be banned for life everywhere. The harshest penalties.

takeout
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Just a theory but it’s Interesting that the Calder article comes on the heels of this one:

http://www.drf.com/news/gulfstream-park-acquisition-adjoining-mall-could-lead-expanded-racing-season
[snip]
When asked by the DRF about the possibility of a longer racing calendar, track president Tim Ritvo said, "We will continue to work with our neighbors at Calder and the Calder horsemen to do what is in the best interests of all of us in the industry, but I can definitely foresee a day when there could be year-round racing at Gulfstream Park.”
[snip]

Sounds to me like the old Florida squeeze play has already begun anew. Maybe Hialeah can get dibs on “playing” the winner. :D

CryingForTheHorses
08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Just a theory but it’s Interesting that the Calder article comes on the heels of this one:

http://www.drf.com/news/gulfstream-park-acquisition-adjoining-mall-could-lead-expanded-racing-season
[snip]
When asked by the DRF about the possibility of a longer racing calendar, track president Tim Ritvo said, "We will continue to work with our neighbors at Calder and the Calder horsemen to do what is in the best interests of all of us in the industry, but I can definitely foresee a day when there could be year-round racing at Gulfstream Park.”
[snip]

Sounds to me like the old Florida squeeze play has already begun anew. Maybe Hialeah can get dibs on “playing” the winner. :D

Maybe be a squeeze play but the bottom line is whether GP track can take the summer monsoons,We would have a lot of lost days.Crap in the winter time with a downpour you have to worry.Calder has one of the best surfaces for this type of weather..I have seen it monsoon and we still run.GP would have to redo their track and with money now spent,I wouldnt think they would do that.

mannyberrios
08-10-2012, 09:03 PM
This won't be such a bad idea if they lower the purses in New York(Thank you Andy)

PICSIX
06-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Slipping through the cracks? :confused: :confused: Current Calder record:
Ziadie Kirk (58 27-11-8 47%) 2013 : (36/ 92 39%)

Rumors flying, once again, about positive drug tests....no disciplinary action so far.

Stillriledup
06-26-2013, 05:08 PM

Rumors flying, once again, about positive drug tests....no disciplinary action so far.

What's probably MORE fishy is that he's lost 31 out of his first 58. :D

BIG49010
06-27-2013, 05:26 AM
What's probably MORE fishy is that he's lost 31 out of his first 58. :D

Frank will probably fire him for that many losses!

Stillriledup
06-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Frank will probably fire him for that many losses!

RIGHT??? :D

riskman
06-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Michael E. Miller,staff writer at the Miami New Times may not be an expert on horse racing but he is no fly in the ointment when it comes to investigative reporting. He has quite a resume for articles written for this paper. Lets see how this all shakes out down the road. If nothing comes from this I will be surprised.

Stillriledup
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Michael E. Miller,staff writer at the Miami New Times may not be an expert on horse racing but he is no fly in the ointment when it comes to investigative reporting. He has quite a resume for articles written for this paper. Lets see how this all shakes out down the road. If nothing comes from this I will be surprised.

Nothing will come of it. Business as usual. Nobody cares.

riskman
06-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Nothing will come of it. Business as usual. Nobody cares.

You could be correct on your statement. Calder Casino and Racecourse is one of CDI's properties and believe they are also listed on NASDAQ.This article will not be improve economic vitality in the communities that they serve.CDI has a wide range of interests all over the U.S. This is a public relations disaster but who knows how corporate views Calder and their cash cow the racino.

Stillriledup
06-27-2013, 07:32 PM
You could be correct on your statement. Calder Casino and Racecourse is one of CDI's properties and believe they are also listed on NASDAQ.This article will not be improve economic vitality in the communities that they serve.CDI has a wide range of interests all over the U.S. This is a public relations disaster but who knows how corporate views Calder and their cash cow the racino.

Great points, they want any "controversy" about racing to quietly go away, their slots business doesnt get bettor or worse by banning a trainer from their grounds.

thespaah
06-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Steroids in athletes don't cause the fans in the stands to lose money...

The "crooked people" in this sport conspire against the fan...and that's a no-no.
They don't?...Ten of millions of dollars in legal wagers are made on sporting events every day. Ten times that during NFL season.

thaskalos
06-27-2013, 07:49 PM
They don't?...Ten of millions of dollars in legal wagers are made on sporting events every day. Ten times that during NFL season.
Yeah...but this legal sports wagering business is not run by the sports themselves.

When you run a gambling enterprise...then it becomes your responsibility to police it properly.

thespaah
06-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Yeah...but this legal sports wagering business is not run by the sports themselves.

When you run a gambling enterprise...then it becomes your responsibility to police it properly.
I agree.
If half of the story in the link is true, how in the hell is Calder still operating?
I will never bet that den of organized crime.

thaskalos
06-27-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree.
If half of the story in the link is true, how in the hell is Calder still operating?
I will never bet that den of organized crime.
The only reason Calder has not been shut down already is because playing the horses is widely considered to be a vice rather than a sport.

taxicab
06-27-2013, 08:33 PM

Interesting numbers......again, for trainer Kirk.
I wonder if he's found the newest synthetic stuff, or he just doesn't fear the powers that be in Florida.
Either way it shines Florida horseracing in a very negative light.
Think about it.....
Ziadie
Ness
Plain Jane....
They all skate.
Amazing.
As a handicapper I've learned to downgrade "super" performances turned in by horses who have raced in Florida when they return to race in any other state ( excluding La. ).
They seldom repeat that "monster time, monster Beyer number".
I suppose Dreaming of Julia could be used as an example.
Another one who comes to mind might be This Ones for Phil.
Remember his first race for Tricky Dick?