PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Plays 8-8-12

KidCapper
08-07-2012, 08:28 PM
A few plays I like for Wednesday. Listed in approximate post time order. Picks made way before scratches. Will update those later. WP bets on these picks only. On to the selections.

Delaware Race -6 The :2: . 6-1 on the ML to kick off the day. Filly off the layoff for 22% layoff trainer Ritchey. Flashed speed at first asking at OP in April. Bullet work July 20th and I love the 5F work July 28th.

River Downs Race -5 The :3: . 8-1 on the line here. Ran an even 3rd last out for solid connections. Gets in light with the bug boy up. Stalker should get a nice pace to run into.

Saratoga Race -6 The :1: . Taking a stab at 15-1. Drops into the claiming ranks for the first time today. Horrible starts have hurt this one's chances in last two races. Owns a 93 Bris figure at this distance and it's her 3rd time off the layoff to boot.

Delaware Race -7 The :3: . Woodbine shipper won easy off the layoff last out over the poly surface. Makes the switch to turf today for Pino. Double jumps up in class for a 27% trainer move. Trainer hits at 32% when attempting back to back wins at the claiming level.

Saratoga Race -7 The :8: . 10-1 on the ML for low percentage outfit. Career madien always runs his race which gets him on the board about half the time. Owns the field's best Bris fig at this distance. The price should be right to take a chance here.

Delaware Race -8 The :4: . 15-1 shot on the ML for small outfit. (1 for 4 at this meet.) Has early speed to lay close in here after leading and faltering going 5.5F last out. Bug boy up for theft attampt. Bombs Away!!

Saratoga Race -10 The :4: . Double drops in class for an 18% McPeek move. Was in good position last out and failed to fire. Should love the drop to easier company today. 3-1 would be a good price.

Del Mar Race -3 The :4: . 8-1 shot for Cassidy. 3rd time off the layoff for a 13% trainer move. Drops into the claiming ranks for a 33% winning angle. In with friends today.

Penn Race -4 The :6: . Cuts back from 1 1/2 mile stakes race to 1m70 vs claimers today. That alone will put this one close. Bred to be alot better at this shorter distance. 18% claiming trainer Shuman 7 out of 10 on the board this meet.

Del Mar Race -7 The :7: . 4-5 ML favorite is the Pick 6 single of the day. 2 for 2 lifetime runner has not yet been asked for best in either start. Bullet work best of 89 over the Del Mar surface erases any doubt of the surface switch being a factor. Turns the Pick 6 into a Pick 5.

Del Mar Race -8 The :3: . Tries the turf for the first time today for 20% first turf trainer Gulliot. Bred to like the stretchout and the weeds. One to catch on the drop back into MSW after the stakes try last out.

Evangeline Race -11 The :4: . 9-2 shot to go home with today in Cajun land. 3rd time off the layoff for solid connections. Beaten fav last out trainer hits at 17% next out. Go out a winner here.

Good Luck N Good Racing From The KidCapper!!

KidCapper
08-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Looks like all my picks have survived the early scratches for the day. May the horse be with you.

Good Luck!

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Sar Race 1:
gonna break my vow to not bet any MSW or Mdn 2yo races on dirt and go for it with #8 Sweet Sway.
2nd time starter gets hustling jock up and lasix today...didn't switch leads in her debut...probably can't go with #1 early but hopefully will be close throughout....16-1

KidCapper
08-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Sar Race 1:
gonna break my vow to not bet any MSW or Mdn 2yo races on dirt and go for it with #8 Sweet Sway.
2nd time starter gets hustling jock up and lasix today...didn't switch leads in her debut...probably can't go with #1 early but hopefully will be close throughout....16-1

Good Luck today Phantom. I'll be away til later this afternoon.

bks
08-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Del Mar Race -3 The . 8-1 shot for Cassidy. 3rd time off the layoff for a 13% trainer move. Drops into the claiming ranks for a 33% winning angle. In with friends today.

The #6 has similarities to this horse, though the :4: is classier. Nice angle. Good luck.

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Sar Race 1:
Ugh...got away well, dueled, no lead change again, faded.

No bet in R2 at Sar

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Weaver is tempting at 8-1 in r3 but i will pass...really trying to beat the Pletcher chalk here which makes almost every other runner an overlay, but i cant settle on just one or two....so no play, plus it's a baby dirt race.

Striker
08-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Saratoga Race 9-- :8: Parachute Coney WP

KidCapper
08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Delaware Race -6 The :2: . 6-1 on the ML to kick off the day. Filly off the layoff for 22% layoff trainer Ritchey. Flashed speed at first asking at OP in April. Bullet work July 20th and I love the 5F work July 28th.

:2: off the board
River Downs Race -5 The :3: . 8-1 on the line here. Ran an even 3rd last out for solid connections. Gets in light with the bug boy up. Stalker should get a nice pace to run into.

:3: off the board

Saratoga Race -6 The :1: . Taking a stab at 15-1. Drops into the claiming ranks for the first time today. Horrible starts have hurt this one's chances in last two races. Owns a 93 Bris figure at this distance and it's her 3rd time off the layoff to boot.

:1: off the board

Delaware Race -7 The :3: . Woodbine shipper won easy off the layoff last out over the poly surface. Makes the switch to turf today for Pino. Double jumps up in class for a 27% trainer move. Trainer hits at 32% when attempting back to back wins at the claiming level.

:3: ran 3rd paid $2.60 to show

KidCapper
08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Saratoga Race -7 The :8: . 10-1 on the ML for low percentage outfit. Career madien always runs his race which gets him on the board about half the time. Owns the field's best Bris fig at this distance. The price should be right to take a chance here.

:8: off the board

Delaware Race -8 The :4: . 15-1 shot on the ML for small outfit. (1 for 4 at this meet.) Has early speed to lay close in here after leading and faltering going 5.5F last out. Bug boy up for theft attampt. Bombs Away!!

:4: wins! Pays $16.20 $7.40 $4.20

Finally a winner after a slow start!!

6 Bets done...6 Bets Left

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Saratoga Race 9-- :8: Parachute Coney WP
Nice call...that was my contest play

Striker
08-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Nice call...that was my contest play
Thx. Nice call back at you.

KidCapper
08-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Saratoga Race -10 The :4: . Double drops in class for an 18% McPeek move. Was in good position last out and failed to fire. Should love the drop to easier company today. 3-1 would be a good price.

:4: ran 4th at 5-1

Del Mar Race -3 The :4: . 8-1 shot for Cassidy. 3rd time off the layoff for a 13% trainer move. Drops into the claiming ranks for a 33% winning angle. In with friends today.

:4: ran 2nd with a who cares ride from Espinosa. Paid $6.00 $5.20