PDA

View Full Version : Hambo Day Winners And Losers

Oskar
08-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Winner: JimmyTakter trained horses won both a division of the Duenna and a division of the Merrie Annabelle. He also had two seconds—one of them being in the Hambletonion—and a third.

Takter was furious after the driving Guccio to a second place finish in the Hambo. He claimed Mike Lachance came out into his colt for no reason, causing Takter to check him, and costing him the win. Lachance just shrugged his shoulders and walked away when confronted by Takter. (HRU)

Winner: Panther Hanover, and his owner Big Jim Carr and trainer James Friday Dean. The Big Jim contingent put Panther on the map with a narrow 47.2 win over Hurrikane Kingcole. Sylvan Filion was in the bike, not Phil Hudon.

Winner:Trainer Jonas Czernyson got a second in each division of the Duenna and a third in the Merrie Annabelle.

Loser: Ray Schnittker got one second. His star filly, Check Me Out, broke stride on the last turn and was placed back for interference.

Winner:Linda Toscano took the Hambo and the Nat Ray.

Loser: Ron Burke had two third place finishers.

Winner: TimTetrick had four winners.

Winner: David Miller had three winners.

Loser: Takter’s Cantab Hall filly, On The Bright Side, finished eighth at 6/5 in the Duenna.

Loser: DropThe Ball was taken first up by Gingras on the back, into a fast pace, and wilted at even money.

Winner: Put On A Show set a WR of 47.3 in winning the Lady Liberty.

Winner:Rebeka Bayama finished second at 34/1 in the Lady Liberty.

Winner: Sylvan Filion got the second with Rebeka Bayama and won with Panther Hanover.

Winner: Sarandon Blue Chip looked like the Amazon that burst on the scene two months ago in winning the Miss NJ.

Winner:Western Ideal. There were seven pacing races on the card. Western Ideal fillies won two of them and a colt and a filly by his son Rocknroll Hanover won another two.

Winner:Perretti Farms for having the guts to stand Revenue S, the sire of Hambo winner Market Share. Revenue has gone back to Sweden at this point, but his legacy lives on through his mares and Market Share.

Loser: Hurrikane Kingcole continues to win fast races when there’s little money at stake, while losing the ones that count. Panther Hanover, the colt that beat him Saturday, is now within 13K of Kingcole’s 2012 bankroll in half as many starts. Fifteen three-year-old pacers have earned more in 2012 than Kingcole has. Last year’s Nassagaweya, which was split into two divisions, remains his only open stakes win.

Winners:Tony Alagna and Brittany Farms won the Wilson with Captaintreacherous, the SBSW colt who went the first sub-two-minute mile by a two-year-old ever at The Big M, in winning by ten in 49.3. They also got a second in the Sweetheart and a third in the Hambo.

Winner: To Dream On. The 200K Credit Winner filly, out of a sister to Pampered Princess,was off the charts in winning the Merrie Annabelle. David Miller hung back forever with her then came on and crushed the field.

Winner: CBS Sports. Gary Seibel and Dave Brower did a good job on the broadcast.

Winner: TVG, for making an effort.

Loser: TimeTo Roll looked awful in the Classic.

Winner: Golden Receiver is better than ever.

Winner: Chapter Seven gets redemption for his loss in the Maple Leaf.

MutuelClerk
08-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Chaper Seven also gets redemption from last years horrific Hambo drive by LaChance. Was never in position to win the race. Good job Tiimy T. Nice recap Oskar.

camfella
08-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Takter is a whiner, I found this out years ago and have followed his excuses and accusations for years, tracks are never groomed right, vets cant determine whats wrong, drivers cant drive(so why does he drive?), The accusation he makes is wrong and I will tell you that after watching many times over, it was his fault. Watch and see if you agree. As the horses fanned to the straight he cut at an angle to go after the leaders, Lachance was fanning as is customary in these situations and should have had no effect on Takter, if you are aware of the other horses,you see those inside(who have every right to do so) edging out. An experienced driver would be aware of that and have set a clear wider path for his horse,and keep his horse in the open track , Lachance did nothing that isnt always done. If Lachance fanned and had no horse, I might agree, but Lachance almost won the damn race! Please Jimmy ,you are an outstanding trainer,with and inferiority complex,maybe it drives your success,but you embarrass yourself when you open your mouth.

Oskar
08-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Takter is a whiner, I found this out years ago and have followed his excuses and accusations for years, tracks are never groomed right, vets cant determine whats wrong, drivers cant drive(so why does he drive?), The accusation he makes is wrong and I will tell you that after watching many times over, it was his fault. Watch and see if you agree. As the horses fanned to the straight he cut at an angle to go after the leaders, Lachance was fanning as is customary in these situations and should have had no effect on Takter, if you are aware of the other horses,you see those inside(who have every right to do so) edging out. An experienced driver would be aware of that and have set a clear wider path for his horse,and keep his horse in the open track , Lachance did nothing that isnt always done. If Lachance fanned and had no horse, I might agree, but Lachance almost won the damn race! Please Jimmy ,you are an outstanding trainer,with and inferiority complex,maybe it drives your success,but you embarrass yourself when you open your mouth.

Excellent post. I couldn’t agree more. Takter came around in a clumsy manner. Lachance had every right to come clear; what was he supposed to do, trot up the back of the colt in front of him when space was open and available? Jimmy mapped an unrealistic route to the finish line.

If you pay close attention to what Takter has been saying in various interviews, all along he’s been convinced that he was going to win the Hambo with Guccio. This colt has become the family pet. Pierce drove him twice last year and once in 2012: he broke in each of those starts. Jimmy and son-in-law Marcus Johansson have driven him in the other eleven starts. He won the Champlain for Marcus in September and a leg of the Jersey SS for Takter in May. This is a talented colt and his record should more accurately reflect that.

Apparently Pierce doesn’t get along with the colt, but Sears, David Miller and Gingras—to name three—were watching the race. Why is Takter driving him in the Hambletonion? I guess you get the same answer you do when you ask why Marcus was driving Peelers from the nine in the Nadia.

melman
08-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Oskar---I think you missed the biggest WINNER of the day. Owner Richard Gutnick. He owns both the Hambo winner and the Nat Ray Winner. That's a LOT of purse money. :) Really enjoy your posts Oskar keep em coming.

Oskar
08-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Oskar---I think you missed the biggest WINNER of the day. Owner Richard Gutnick. He owns both the Hambo winner and the Nat Ray Winner. That's a LOT of purse money. :) Really enjoy your posts Oskar keep em coming.

Absolutely. A double like that is very rare. I threw that together in a haphazard manner.