PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to NYRA

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Whoever is behind the selection of choice Iron Maiden cuts for today's musical interludes deserves a hearty pat on the back...job well done! :ThmbUp:

cj
08-06-2012, 05:12 PM
One of the best bands you will ever see live. Any reason today?

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2012, 05:16 PM
My one great regret in life is that I have never seen Iron Maiden or Judas Priest in concert, and I've seen plenty of shows.

Metallica was the best show I've ever seen live...And Justice For All tour...Worcester Centrum, Worcester Mass., circa 1989.

turninforhome10
08-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Metallica at Monsters of Rock in Kansas City circa 1994 or 5 was truly one the best live shows I have ever seen. So much in fact that Van Haggar was booed when coming on after. They played after the riot.
Saw Maiden on the Number of the Beast tour and must agree about them live. Bruce Dickinson can truly blow the roof off a joint.

PhantomOnTour
08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Metallica's Battery is one helluva song to hear live in concert

FantasticDan
08-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Bruce Dickinson can truly blow the roof off a joint.He's the cock of the walk, baby!

RaceBookJoe
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
My one great regret in life is that I have never seen Iron Maiden or Judas Priest in concert, and I've seen plenty of shows.

Metallica was the best show I've ever seen live...And Justice For All tour...Worcester Centrum, Worcester Mass., circa 1989.

Actually saw Maiden 2 times, the first time was on their " Number of the Beast" tour when they opened up for Judas Priest, "Screaming For Vengeance" tour..great show. I actually liked the original singer, but he was always messed up on drugs.

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Actually saw Maiden 2 times, the first time was on their " Number of the Beast" tour when they opened up for Judas Priest, "Screaming For Vengeance" tour..great show. I actually liked the original singer, but he was always messed up on drugs.Wow, arguably the best albums ever put out by each band, and both in the same show...I guess we're kind of off topic here... :lol:

KidCapper
08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Just went and watched a strange collection of bands in concert July 29th. Lita Ford opened ..Poison was the 2nd act ..and Def Leppard to finish off the night. All sounded pretty good really. Lita Ford looked hot for 52.

PhantomOnTour
08-06-2012, 07:57 PM
British Steel is the best Judas Priest album by far

bigmack
08-06-2012, 07:57 PM
As wide as my tastes vary in music I always avoided the likes of Iron Maiden & others. Now I know why.

I just about busted a gut listening/watching this tune/video about the plight of Indians in America, in their poinant number, Run to the Hills. Touching stuff. :D

They appear to be the inspiration behind Spinal Tap.

geHLdg_VNww

thaskalos
08-06-2012, 08:13 PM

Defenders of the Faith...followed by Stained Class.

British Steel up late for third...

Maximillion
08-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Blasting the cassette(lol) of the album in my avatar, in my old beat up car after sharing a large trifecta with 2 friends (and praying the car would make it home) remains one of my alltime racetrack memories.

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2012, 08:25 PM
As wide as my tastes vary in music I always avoided the likes of Iron Maiden & others. Now I know why.

I just about busted a gut listening/watching this tune/video about the plight of Indians in America, in their poinant number, Run to the Hills. Touching stuff. :D

geHLdg_VNwwYou know, despite all of our "clashes" on here, I've always liked you for some reason...until now...

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Defenders of the Faith...followed by Stained Class.

British Steel up late for third...Hmmmm...that's about as diverse as it gets. One guy says British Steel. Another says Defenders of the Faith. I put up Screaming for Vengeance...

My guilty pleasure album from JP has to be Point of Entry...loved jamming along to that with my guitar...the riffs were simple enough and sounded good through my amp...

bigmack
08-06-2012, 08:32 PM
You know, despite all of our "clashes" on here, I've always liked you for some reason...until now...
Forgive me. Big-haired bands were never on my radar.

Speakin'a radar, this one woiks for a nice road trip tune. :ThmbUp:

Hw9CzSSk218

Valuist
08-06-2012, 09:29 PM

If you see Priest now, it will be without KK Downing. Saw them last November. My g/f had never been to a show as heavy as Priest. She was blown away by the show.

You could've seen Maiden and Priest together on a tour in the early/mid 80s. Pace, you should check out Maiden's Flight 666 DVD. They had a plane specially made for a tour. And Dickinson pilots the plane. They went everywhere; New Guinea, India, El Salvador.

Speaking of Iron Maiden, hadn't seen Michiken on the board in a while.

Valuist
08-06-2012, 09:32 PM

Sorry I will take the live "Unleashed in the East".

Ocala Mike
08-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm an old fart. Let me know when a band like the old George Seuffert band sets up on the apron to play Sousa marches and show tunes.

;) ;) ;) ;)

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2012, 10:00 PM
If you see Priest now, it will be without KK Downing.Yeah, I see where he "retired" last year. It's sad these guys are pushing 60...makes me feel old... :lol:

Rob Halford has to be the single greatest "metal" vocalist of all time. The notes he has hit in the past are shocking...as long as he is in the band, all is well.

This was their last tour (supposedly), which ended in May. Can't believe I never saw them, but it just never worked out....

MickJ26
08-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Rage Against the Machine, late 90's, Nassau Coliseum. The NYRA folks should play some Rage.

cj
08-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Rob Halford has to be the single greatest "metal" vocalist of all time. The notes he has hit in the past are shocking...as long as he is in the band, all is well.

Ronnie James Dio was voted best rock singer by Rolling Stone, but he could never match Halford in Victim of Changes.

Valuist
08-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Ronnie James Dio was voted best rock singer by Rolling Stone, but he could never match Halford in Victim of Changes.

I would agree although Halford's range now is nowhere near what it was. I saw Dio 3 years ago and he sounded as good as ever. Too bad he had to continue touring and prolonged getting his stomach issues checked out.

PhantomOnTour
08-06-2012, 11:45 PM
If it doesn't have Grinder on it, it ain't the best Priest album

British Steel !

turninforhome10
08-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Green Manalishi Live
BRW-qrEHZjE

turninforhome10
08-07-2012, 01:02 AM
And from the real Metallica circa Cliff This stuff has blown the lid off many an arena.
vOYcH466Wiw&feature=related

turninforhome10
08-07-2012, 01:09 AM
And last but not least
The original topic of the thread
CamAhPeYoC8&feature=related

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Ronnie James Dio was voted best rock singer by Rolling Stone, but he could never match Halford in Victim of Changes.That was definitely one of the notes I was thinking of!

Bobzilla
08-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Happy Birthday Bruce Dickinson! 54 Today.

Valuist
08-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I see where he "retired" last year. It's sad these guys are pushing 60...makes me feel old... :lol:

This was their last tour (supposedly), which ended in May. Can't believe I never saw them, but it just never worked out....

You should get the Rising in the East DVD. They made it in 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9Yj3cc3KI

andicap
08-07-2012, 09:40 AM

Finally, we agree on something!!

Tom
08-07-2012, 10:07 AM
I saw the Monkees live at CMAC.
Rocked out.

OTM Al
08-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Just went and watched a strange collection of bands in concert July 29th. Lita Ford opened ..Poison was the 2nd act ..and Def Leppard to finish off the night. All sounded pretty good really. Lita Ford looked hot for 52.

Playing Monday Aug 20 at SPAC. Never cared that much about any of them but I know they had a lot of fans.

hoovesupsideyourhe
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
wow i didnt know there we so many 'cool' people here..ive been to about 350 shows in my life.Ive had the pleasure of seeing maiden 3 times and priest 2
the best show was in germany on the powerslave/piece of mind tour.motley opened up for them on the tour. shout at the devil.. just saw skid row last weekend in a bar.funny they are alot more willing to have fans on the way down..lol..

thespaah
08-07-2012, 04:53 PM

Saw them At the Ritz Theatre and Nassau Coliseum.
Saw "Priest" at the New Haven Civic Center.
Looks like you and were seeing concerts at about the same time.
Before companies started buying naming rights to arenas and stadiums....
Interesting how no horse racing facility has ever been approached about naming rights.

OTM Al
08-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Interesting how no horse racing facility has ever been approached about naming rights.

You mean like Betfair Hollywood Park?

rastajenk
08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
NYRA gave us a little taste of Traffic earlier today. :ThmbUp:

Valuist
08-08-2012, 04:33 PM

geHLdg_VNww

Lyrics to all music should be taken with a grain of salt. Songs do not have to tell a story. They don't have to reflect the views of the writer. They may just fit the riffs and chords to the song. Do I believe Halford and Priest advocate going out and breaking as many laws as possible? Or Billy Gibbons advocates drunk driving?

The US has been very good to Dickinson and his Maiden mates. I seriously doubt he harbors ill will toward us.

andicap
08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
NYRA gave us a little taste of Traffic earlier today. :ThmbUp:

Cool, what did they play?

rastajenk
08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
I think it was Dear Mr Fantasy.